April 18, 2014 | 1067 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter in Red Velvet

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by WildflowerRuby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

AMAZING red lip color for me. Very moisturizing, not too heavy and really pretty! :] It lasts pretty well and looks very fresh. It doesn't make me look washed-out like the really bright reds do. I LOVE Revlon's Lip Butters! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by dragonflymusicgirl

This. Color. Is. So. Sexy. I find that this is my go-to deep red for a night out, or for a school dance. The formulation is nice, but I'm using up my Lip Butter much more quickly than I'm using up any more lipsticks/lipbalms. Granted, they are pretty inexpensive if you can find them on sale. However, I find that the amount of product in the tube isn't just worth the price. But since this is a perfect color for my asian skin tone, I'll grudgingly buy this again. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by lauractinapay

I love this dark neutral brick red color. I find it to be very intimidating in the tube but it turns out to be very nice. It's creamy and pigmented just like the other shades. It makes me look mature and polished. I also bought and returned MAC Dubonnet because I found out that they look exactly the same. It is high in quality and comes in a fair price of $8CAD.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by tinksbell

Love the color-This is a great dark red...I love how moisturized my lips feel

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by coffeehigh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really nice color. My only problem is when I bought this, I expected it to be a light wash of red, like the other shades in the lip butter line, they are sheer. This however is quite pigmented, and being on a dark skin tone, I cannot wear this everyday as I intended. I recommend this if you are looking for a color to wear to a night event.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by new2makeup123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to say that overall I really do like this lip butter!

I am quite fair with warm undertones (about NC15), but I have dark hair, brown eyes, and quite pigmented lips so I find that light lipsticks wash me out and brighter/darker ones suit me a lot better. I always though that a bright "cherry" red would suit me the best, but after trying this lip product I think that the slighter darker brick red-violet shade is a lot softer and a great red on my skintone!

I have super dry flaky lips, so exfoliating and lip balm are musts, but this lip butter definitely doesn't further dry my lips and it applies with a lot of slip and glossiness (I personally like this). Due to the texture, if you want to apply this for full intensity I would recommend using a lip brush, but my favourite way to wear it is to apply to the outer parts of my lips and blend with my finger, leaving the center blank, and then apply a light pink gloss in the center. it looks so pretty and really enhances the fullness of my lips!

The packaging pretty good, my only quip would be that the product can get a little messy on the sides of the tube and it is easy to dent with the cap but be careful and you shouldn't have problems.

Wear time isn't super long, only a couple of hours, but it fades evenly (no lipstick ring effect) and wearing it over lip liner will help plus it isn't drying so reapplication isn't a problem.

I will most likely repurchase if I run out :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Chamuda

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of my favorites of the Lip Butter colors!
For reference I have fair skin (second to lightest usually), reddish brown hair, brown eyes, pigmented lips (so I usually like the darker lip colors - I like Fig as well)...

This color is a great wearable deep brown-burgundy red. It's a bit sheer, but perhaps not as sheer as the other Lip Butters.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Yashuragi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Red Velvet is a gorgeous colour: deep, dark brick red. It complements my asian skin tone very nicely. However, other than the colour, I find this is almost no different from an ordinary lipstick. Despite it's claims of being 'super hydrating', I felt no added moisturization. I still need to apply lip balm beforehand so my lips won't dry up. It is also very slick. Because of its slickness, its very easy to mess up. Be extra careful with application, because one little unnecessary movement will smudge it everywhere. I'd keep buying this just for the colour. But if you already have your own HG red lipstick, don't bother getting this. The colour is indeed beautiful, but the formula is no different than any other lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Pandora7

I had all but given up on Revlon lip products after the foul mineral glaze/gloss I bought this summer. I thought initially this would be a tinted gloss or balm for whatever reason, but it's more like a lipstick. Which pleases me! I have been hunting for a red colour for ages in a lipstick, and spotting this at Shoppers on sale, I liked the test swatch on my hand. I can't pull off sone of those pretty candy apple red shades. Maybe it's the orange undertones or too much pink, I just know burgundy and darker reds suit me better. This colour is spot on for me, plus it doesn't make my teeth contrast in a funny way, like some reds do on me (pale olive skin). I agree with another poster about being gentle with this when capping and uncapping. I already smooshed a corner of this with the lid. It's very soft, and wearing it feels not unlike body shop pot gloss, texture wise. I also got this in a neutral blush colour too, and really like it. If you find a colour in this line that you like, I'd recommend trying this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2012 7:46:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I am a NW15 blonde and buying this color was definitely a mistake but I can't deny it's a good product. The shade is a very deep, almost burgundy red that probably looks really flattering on darker skin tones but on me it is way too dark, I look much better wearing Cherry tart or Candy apple. The texture is great, very glossy and it is pretty moisturizing. The pigmentation is incredible and can only be compared to the pigmentation of shades Lollipop and Raspberry pie but that also makes it kinda hard to apply. Overall a great product. The plastic casing looks a bit cheap but it matches the color of the product.