September 19, 2014 | 1146 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter in Red Velvet

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

This review is NOT based on the quality of the Revlon Lip Butter, but rather for the colour Red Velvet.
I'm in total love with this colour!
I usually only swipe this on my lower lips, pressed my lips together, and then even it out with my fingers.
It's got a dark reddish tint, yet the way I apply, it still looks sheer, so it's still my lips, just more vampy.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by 8ubble6umpink

I love the color and the feel, I just feel that compared to the other pinks on this collection, this one is a bit less moisturizing than the rest but still better than lipstick feel. I will definitely be using this color a lot in the fall. I feel is too much for summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by dpet0153

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love this shade. I have slowly built up my own small collection of these magical lipsticks, or butters if you will. I have all of the red shades, and this one is my favorite! It's darker than any of the lip butters I own, and it can be easy to create a dramatic look if you're adventurous enough. However, you can just as easily create a more muted look if you apply it sparingly. I sometimes layer it with my cherry tart rlb so it doesn't look SO vampy. There's really not much else to say, there's really no surprises here, you get a deep red color that lives up to its name. And it's awesome. Well played Revlon.
Edit: I've found this to turn sort of pink on me as it wears, therefore I don't use it as much, still not bad though

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by BornPrettyReviews

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love red lips, so classy! but this one really blew my mind, stayed on while having dinner(!!) and drinking too!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by latoyaoneall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful rich red color. I would have to say this is one of the more pigmented of the lip butters and it's absolutely gorgeous especially for date night or a night on the town. As usual, this is super moisturizing and super pigmented. I highly recommend, and cant say enough great things about this lipstick!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by WildflowerRuby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

AMAZING red lip color for me. Very moisturizing, not too heavy and really pretty! :] It lasts pretty well and looks very fresh. It doesn't make me look washed-out like the really bright reds do. I LOVE Revlon's Lip Butters! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by dragonflymusicgirl

This. Color. Is. So. Sexy. I find that this is my go-to deep red for a night out, or for a school dance. The formulation is nice, but I'm using up my Lip Butter much more quickly than I'm using up any more lipsticks/lipbalms. Granted, they are pretty inexpensive if you can find them on sale. However, I find that the amount of product in the tube isn't just worth the price. But since this is a perfect color for my asian skin tone, I'll grudgingly buy this again. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by lauractinapay

I love this dark neutral brick red color. I find it to be very intimidating in the tube but it turns out to be very nice. It's creamy and pigmented just like the other shades. It makes me look mature and polished. I also bought and returned MAC Dubonnet because I found out that they look exactly the same. It is high in quality and comes in a fair price of $8CAD.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by tinksbell

Love the color-This is a great dark red...I love how moisturized my lips feel

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by coffeehigh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really nice color. My only problem is when I bought this, I expected it to be a light wash of red, like the other shades in the lip butter line, they are sheer. This however is quite pigmented, and being on a dark skin tone, I cannot wear this everyday as I intended. I recommend this if you are looking for a color to wear to a night event.