Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Radiance

4.2

(Aqua), Hydrogenated Didecene, Glycerin, Pvp, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Stearate, Mica (Ci 77019), Cetyl Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol Isostearate, Glyceryl Isostearate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Boron Nitride, Squalane, Caprylyl Glycol, Oleth-25, Ceteth-25

on 12/28/2012 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Anyone else out there that hates using a primer that feels like another layer on their skin? I'm so glad I found this primer. I can't remember how I discovered it, but this is my second tube (the first one was the hydrating primer).
The primer was I think $40CAD with 50mL which is well priced, considering I only use about a pea sized amount. I only wished there was SPF of 20 or higher so I don't have to use a sunscreen prior to applying this.
There's a slight glow after applying the primer, but it doesn't really show through the foundation, unless you're using something that has a sheer coverage. The primer is great for the winter time when skin tends to look a bit more dull.

on 12/8/2012 7:41:00 PM

I love Laura Mercier and as much as I love the look of this product, it unfortunately made me break out. It gives you a dewy finish but if you have a t-zone like myself, it just doesnt work out.

on 12/6/2012 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm on my second tube of this because I love it that much. This product gives my skin that flawless glow and I like using it under my mineral powder foundation. For me, the combination of using this and Mary Kay mineral powder foundation is a winner! The only thing I don't like it the packaging because for some reason the cover keeps popping off.

on 12/3/2012 12:20:00 AM

This is definitely a "wow" product! Knowing that applying a primer will set my foundation better, I purchase one of this at Sephora! Guess what? During my first usage, I was exclaimed by how dewy my face looks and it isn't oil that makes it looks shiny and oily. The mild shine lasted thoughout the entire day, although i still need to blot my face. As compared to NARS pro prime that I've used, it simply win hands down!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

So i found this product through here on MUA and wanted to try it for myself because so many people raved about it! I bought a sample off of ebay for like $8 just to see if i would like it and because im a brown skin African American woman so i wanted to see if there would be any issues with the color of the product for me….Well, verdict so far is... i LOVE it!! I've been using it for about 3 days. Usually i use the Smashbox photo finish primer (which i would not repurchase, it's just so-so for me) but i wanted something to make my skin dewy and glowy since winter caused my skin to be a little bit drier and i just like the dewy look! I have normal/combo skin. Just get oily on my nose during the day. I rarely powder during the day because im so busy too. But this primer is awesome. You notice the dewy sheen (NOT glittery at all) as soon as you spread it on your face. I spread it on kind of generously because when i used a dime size amount i wasnt able to see any difference. I wear Smashbox Healthy FX foundation which is sheer coverage so it wasnt because i was using a heavy foundation. It seems likes it fades away during the day but when i come home at night (after about 11hrs of wear) my skin is still dewy and glowy! I put this on after my moisturizer. I haven't experimented using it different ways yet but I will definitely repurchase! I read something about mixing this with Mac's strobe cream and that it makes it look even better so im going to try that next!! :) So glad i tried this! P.s. try not to use a lot of powder or it will diminish the amount of dewiness you will get !!!

on 11/12/2012 7:54:00 PM

Received this as a sample from Nordstom and am going to order the full size after I write this review. I've been using Mercier Tinted Moisturiser for at least 12 years now and it's my staple, go-to product. I don't usually use primer, though I LOVE Smashbox Photo Finish when I do and have used that for years because it feels so good. I LOVE this Radiance primer - I can use it alone or under my foundation for a lovely, fresh, dewey look. It's a winner !

on 11/9/2012 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This primer looks absolutely gorgeous on my skin. I use this under my foundation or tinted moisturizer, and I just have this wonderful glow that lasts all day! It really does give your skin "radiance". Very lightweight and goes on smoothly. I would have to say this is my favorite primer!

on 10/10/2012 4:52:00 PM

I got this as a free gift at Sephora, I tried it, and I love it! I am definitely going to buy this when I am out of the sample.

on 10/2/2012 11:16:00 PM

After trying a lot of different primers I am so glad I found this one! Is really easy to apply to the skin, and feels very nourishing and moisturising on the skin. I don't find this makes me look to shimmery at all, just adds a glow to the skin much like Origins Vitazing but without the orangey tone. The packaging is really nice, I like the tube compared to many other primers that come in pot packaging. Its much more hygienic. I've been using this year round under foundations. I wouldn't recommend using a moisturiser in combination with this, as I found it didn't settle into my skin as well when I did apply a moisturiser beforehand. Pricey, but a worthwhile investment.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been searching for the best foundation primer for years. I've tried: Laura Mercier Oil Free Primer, NARS Pro-Prime, Hourglass Veil Primer, Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, and many more. I'm not really acne prone, but I do find that if anything is going to break me out - it's going to be primer. Hourglass and Smashbox were especially responsible for this. Not huge, noticeable breakouts, but over time, I got little tiny bumps and less radiant skin.

I'm finishing my second tube of Laura Mercier Radiance. I've had no skin issues from it, no clogging, nothing. I have pretty normal skin, a little dry in the dead of winter. I do like my finished face make up to have a natural glow to it - not greasy or shiny, but not fully matte. (IE: I don't get crazy blotting my forehead in the middle of the day).

My routine: skincare (cleanse, tone, eye cream, drop of face oil, moisturizer), let my skin care sink in for 5-10 minutes, apply a dime sized amount of the Radiance Primer, let the primer sink in for 2-5 minutes, and apply my foundation. The primer on its own shows up on my face as a sheer, natural rose gold flush. It is not shimmery or glittery on me - more like that perfect natural glow. While my skin tone is tan, I have seen my pale friends use it with a beautiful result. However, I can imagine that oily skin or anyone that loves the ultra matte look may have an issue with Radiance.

It makes it easy for my foundation to glide on easily and I do notice better and longer wear of my foundation. Interesting, as I hated the original Laura Mercier Primer.

The price point is much more reasonable compared to other primers. I believe 32 dollars for 1.7 oz (NARS Pro Prime is 32 dollars for 1 oz, Smashbox Photo Finish Primer is 36 dollars for 1 oz)

I think I'll most likely continue re-purchasing... however, I have heard good things about Sunday Riley's Primer, so I might just have to try out a few samples.