August 20, 2014 | 1114 users online

Pressed Powders - Estee Lauder - Lucidity Translucent Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2006 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Peskypixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Right now I'm using this because, well, I have it. I'm ambivalent to the color and coverage, which is almost non existent. Does almost nothing for oil. Nothing special about this. It is so tiny, the mirror is useless.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2005 4:23:00 AM More reviews by edenssixthday

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this powder. It's a very fine pressed powder, and it blends well with my makeup, and instantly removes any shine I may have when touching up during the day. It doesn't take much, and I think this will last me a long time. The compact fits nicely in my purse. I will probably not buy this particular powder again, but not because it's not good: I just want to try the Estee Lauder Double Matte Oil-Control Pressed Powder since I have oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2005 4:19:00 PM More reviews by gforce7

Not keen on this at all. It's difficult to apply without looking patchy and cakey. It tends to leave a slight white cast on me as well. It appears slightly pinkish in the compact (it's supposed to be 'translucent!), which would not suit all skin tones. Also does nothing for my oily/shiny areas.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2005 5:02:00 PM More reviews by chaytx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The name says it all. This powder is translucent, very light and finely milled. I have this in 02-Light/Medium for my Asian/Olive skin, and the color blends perfectly and looks natural, probably because it is so sheer (it actually looks too pink for me in the compact). It doesn't look cakey at all, but it just doesn't give enough coverage to my liking. If you want sheer coverage, you might like it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2005 6:18:00 PM More reviews by jeuxjal0ux

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This powder doesnt do anything for me other than make my makeup last longer, doesnt control shine or help to even tone at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2005 3:29:00 PM More reviews by zygotica16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have this in "Transparent". The texture is just dreadful - it seems to highlight the tiniest of imperfections on my face. Each time I try to use it I wind up immediately washing my face thinking, "God, I really must have awful skin."

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2004 9:25:00 AM More reviews by AMELIZA

I hated this powder. Normally I use Clinique but Estee Lauder had the free gift thing going on. This compact was at least $24 and the color sucked, it showed up so powdery on my nose that it looked like baby powder. It never blended properly and eventually, when it broke inside my makeup bag,I was happy. I'll never buy this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2004 8:31:00 PM More reviews by x_SparklingEyes_x

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

This did not help my oily skin. As a matter of fact, it did nothing! I applied a small amount all over and the results were goopy and cakey. Not one of my faves.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2004 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Pinki

This one is the only true holy grail I really have. I bought one of the metal compacts and put in intensity 2 although I am a NC44...strange but true. I have acne prone greasy shiny skin with uneven tone and this little slick numba makes me flawless with a minimum of fuss or bother-and its recyclable to a degree. I need to reapply about once a night (twice if Im really drinking) and I always look fresh and really really natural. This feels a bit heavy for me-I cant wear foundation for that reason, but it really isnt masklike or anything. Ive done the pressed powder bit with most major and "boutique" brands and I still come back to this one. And did I mention the compacts are cool?

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2004 2:34:00 PM More reviews by RSantos

It helps reduce shine and goes on easily. A downside is there aren't many colors, so you might not get the exact color you need, but others come close. This is a good pressed powder and I recommend it.