Estee Lauder Lucidity Translucent Pressed Powder

Talc, Polyethlene, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Magnesium Myristate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl stearate, glycine soja (soybean) Phospholipid, Lecithin, Phytosqualane, Tocopherol, Phytosterols, Linoleic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Fusanus Spicatus Wood Oil, bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Fragrance (Parfum), Phenoxy-Ethanol, Mica, Iron oxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium oxide

on 2/10/2006 4:20:00 AM

I love this powder. It's very finely milled (more so than MAC's Blot powder, IMO). It never cakes, even if I put on a little too much. The sponge that comes with it works fine (though it might initially take a day or two to air out the plastic-y smell), but it works even better with a brush. This powder is fragranced but it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and the scent will dissipate after a while. I have dry skin so I don't really need to reapply, but it might not be enough for oily/ combo skin. I have pale Asian skin & the shade works great (not ashy, doesn't turn orange, etc.) though I suspect it will work for most light skin tones as well. This really is translucent & it makes my skin GLOW.

My only qualm is the packaging; the compact is quite large so I can't swap pans.

on 1/21/2006 5:51:00 PM

I like the huge pan because it accomodates either the (nice) puff or a powder brush. Nice coverage and the texture is nice. It doesn't aggrevate blemishes and has decent staying powder.

on 1/7/2006 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Right now I'm using this because, well, I have it. I'm ambivalent to the color and coverage, which is almost non existent. Does almost nothing for oil. Nothing special about this. It is so tiny, the mirror is useless.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this powder. It's a very fine pressed powder, and it blends well with my makeup, and instantly removes any shine I may have when touching up during the day. It doesn't take much, and I think this will last me a long time. The compact fits nicely in my purse. I will probably not buy this particular powder again, but not because it's not good: I just want to try the Estee Lauder Double Matte Oil-Control Pressed Powder since I have oily skin.

on 5/25/2005 4:19:00 PM

Not keen on this at all. It's difficult to apply without looking patchy and cakey. It tends to leave a slight white cast on me as well. It appears slightly pinkish in the compact (it's supposed to be 'translucent!), which would not suit all skin tones. Also does nothing for my oily/shiny areas.

on 3/15/2005 5:02:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The name says it all. This powder is translucent, very light and finely milled. I have this in 02-Light/Medium for my Asian/Olive skin, and the color blends perfectly and looks natural, probably because it is so sheer (it actually looks too pink for me in the compact). It doesn't look cakey at all, but it just doesn't give enough coverage to my liking. If you want sheer coverage, you might like it.

on 3/6/2005 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This powder doesnt do anything for me other than make my makeup last longer, doesnt control shine or help to even tone at all.

on 2/15/2005 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have this in "Transparent". The texture is just dreadful - it seems to highlight the tiniest of imperfections on my face. Each time I try to use it I wind up immediately washing my face thinking, "God, I really must have awful skin."

on 7/19/2004 9:25:00 AM

I hated this powder. Normally I use Clinique but Estee Lauder had the free gift thing going on. This compact was at least $24 and the color sucked, it showed up so powdery on my nose that it looked like baby powder. It never blended properly and eventually, when it broke inside my makeup bag,I was happy. I'll never buy this product again.

Eyes: Violet

This did not help my oily skin. As a matter of fact, it did nothing! I applied a small amount all over and the results were goopy and cakey. Not one of my faves.