November 29, 2014 | 1726 users online

Masks - GLAMGLOW - Mud Mask

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Got this as a sample yesterday from Sephora. My skin is not sensitive at all and I have used retinol products for years with no peeling or irritation. The minute I put this on my skin it started burning. Not glycolic acid tingly, but like I was using sandpaper on my skin. I took it off immediately, but my face feels really tight and looks red and splotchy. My kids asked me if I had been crying, I look so bad. I have never had such a bad reaction to a product. Glad this was a sample because there's no way I would purchase this (and it's really expensive). I also wasn't prepared for the tea leaves in it. They are kind of disgusting. This is one of the worst products I've tried in a very long time and I'm kind of a product junkie.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by allymack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this from Sephora with a purchase. I read the reviews here, but my skin is unbelievable resilient and I've never had issues with sensitivity before, so I thought I'd take the plunge.
I washed my face and started to apply it. The stinging started almost immediately, and I didn't even finish applying it before I had to wash it off. It was THAT BAD. Seriously painful. After thoroughly washing it off, I moisturized with jojoba oil, and the next day the skin on my nose (the only place I applied it fully) was coming off in large flakes (sorry, grossness). It took a few days before the dryness and flaking stopped.
I did not notice any improvement to my skin whatsoever. So, as someone who has never had issues with reactions to products, take it from me. This stuff is not worth shelling out your hard-earned monies for. Just get the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask. That stuff is the bomb and cheap as hell.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Kori3307

I have been seeing a lot of different opinions with this mask. I had gotten a sample of this from Sephora, and with one use I knew I was going to love it! Now I have the full size! I left this mask on for about an hour (yes, that is a long time) but, I really wanted to get my money's worth out of it...because as you can see it is very pricey! When you first apply it, it is of a dark gray/brown color...but when this product dries it almost turns a mint green. I loved watching how my face reacted to this mask; you could see on my nose that it was sucking out all of those oils from throughout the day. This mask is a little rough when applying, that is because of the tea leaves that are in it. Those leaves are used to exfoliate when rinsing this mask off! This product left my skin feeling fresh, felt like my pores were less noticeable, and my skin felt tight and lifted than it did before applying this. I would recommend people first to try a sample size, just in case this mask does not work out for you!
- Kori

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Jhe9488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff definitely leaves my skin smooth, with a nice glow and is probably the best thing I've ever used for getting rid of the blackheads on my nose. And I do like that it dries quickly (~10min), is very easy to wash off and that you get a bit of a scrub when you take it off. However, this stuff BURNS when you put it on for about a minute. I am generally a lover of tingly masks but this stuff made my eyes water. So bottom line, love the effect, but won't use this unless I really need to perk up my skin for a special occasion or something.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by montycapp11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just buy queen Helene's mint julep mask. It's like $4 for 5 times as much product and it does the same thing.

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by marilynlovesyouu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product was just merely okay for me. During application, I found a piece of cardboard in my jar, which I wasn't too happy about considering this is a "high end product." Aside from that, after the mask had set it was very uncomfortable and dry. It also stained my very fine almost white baby hairs around my forehead. After I removed it, it did seem to help with the acne breakouts I had, but it did dry my skin a lot. Maybe it would work better as a spot treatment if you have sensitive, dry and acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Lovemylena

I relieved a sample of this mask. I was skeptic at first, however i gave it the benefit of the doubt; and glad I did. Applying the mask was cool and gritty. Don't rub it too hard, or else it will hurt. I left it on for 15 minutes then washed it off in the shower before bed. My skin was so amazingly soft. It felt so fresh and clean! I have to say that the mask left my skin a bit dry. I would probably buy this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Sddxb

Pretty impressed that it reduced my huge pimples ( I just broke out using another product) like within the hour I used it. Works wonder as a zit spot treatment. I'm pretty acne prone so this works really well for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 3:12:00 AM More reviews by nd1282

Above average mask, wish it wasn't so expensive!

Pros: Only need a thin layer, dries quickly, and leaves a nice glow.

Negatives: High price, chunky pieces of leaves.

Nice to try, but wouldn't repurchase.

Can buy many other masks that provide the same results for much less.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by xsxpxixdxexrxsx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have to say, I was skeptical about this product, mostly because of the price, so I bought some samples. I'm not fond of it. I wouldn't buy the full sized product. I find after using it I find more blackheads and it doesn't really do anything for my skin and I've applied it about 4 times now and haven't cared much for the results..