August 22, 2014 | 1707 users online

Scrubs - GLAMGLOW - Mud Mask

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a special treat...it stings like crazy but really makes my skin feel clean and soft. It's far too expensive though, and I would not buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by raquelcelina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing product. It is on the expensive side. But you get instant results from this mask. You can see it pulling the oil out of your face while the mask is on. Then when I take it off my face feels so much better. The next morning my acne had reduced in size and my pores are smaller. It also helps with oil control especially on my nose. I love this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 5:54:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

I received a sample of this from one of the SAs at Sephora, when it first came out. She was raving about how great the product was and that I needed to give it a try. Since I love facial masque treatments I was game to give it a go and am happy I sampled before purchasing.

There is an ingredient in this product, not sure which one, that did not agree with my skin and burned like fire from the moment I applied. I didn't think anything of it at first since I was told that a little tingle was normal, but this went from tingle to uncomfortable pretty darn fast. I immediately rinsed the masque off and my face was beet red and stayed that way for a couple of days. I know everyone is different and I may be the only person that experiences this type of reaction but I would recommend caution before purchasing this product, it's pretty pricey for a mud masque treatment so go to Sephora and request a sample to try it out first.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by SarahJaneD

If you suffer from blackheads like myself this is the product for you!!! I have an oily t-zone with normal cheeks which feel quiet dehydrated in the winter time. This product really dried out my cheeks they felt quiet tight after I removed the mask - I would never use it on my cheeks again but that's just my skin type - however it worked excellently on my nose & chin (without sounding disgusting) it brought a number of blackheads to the surface & they literally just popped out!!!!! I've been a beauty therapist for 4 years & I've never experienced a product like this! Very pricey but a little goes a long way. If you want rid of blackheads (comedones) this mask is for you!!!! I would only use this twice a month.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a wonderful mask, but a tad on the pricey side. It does have an exfoliate quality to it. I apply a thin layer, let dry 10 minutes, the with wet hands gently buff/wash the mask off. Maybe too harsh for those with delicate skin. If I use this mask I do not use a scrub in conjunction.

Recommended for those with light acne or with "time of the month" breakouts.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After hearing so much about GlamGlow in recent months I decided I must try it. However, I refuse to pay the astronomical price they are asking. On their website I came across the sample kit for $11.99 USD, it contains 2 single use packets of the Tinglexfoliate mask (black packaging), the Super Clearing mask (white packaging), and the eye treatment. So far I have only used the Tinglexfoliate mask, I was able to get 2 full applications from each foil pack. Now, I know this stuff is a mud mask, but it seriously felt like I was just smearing actual mud all over my face, complete with twigs, leaves, sticks, and rocks. It has a very gritty texture and giant chunks of tea leaves, and I do mean chunks, some of the tea leaves were as large as my thumb nail! They also made it hard to spread a nice even layer of the mask over my face. I finally got the mask evenly applied, and it burned. Burned I tell you! Definitely not a tingle. The burning subsided pretty quickly as the mask dried, so I just went with it. Now, while the mask was drying, I was imagining how amazing my skin would look. I mean this stuff is a miracle in a jar, right? Smoother, softer, brighter, tighter skin? I should look like I'm 20 again, right? Boy, was I disappointed. My skin was smoother, but that was about the only noticeable difference. I still had some dry patches on my forehead, I was not glowing. After using the mask 4 times over a 2 week period, my skin does seem a bit clearer, but I have not seen the results I was hoping for, or that GlamGlow claims. I think the same results could be seen with regular usage of just about any clay/mud mask. Needless to say, I will not be purchasing this mask. Now, if they reduced the price to say $20 I might buy it, but the $69 retail price is absolutely ridiculous for what it is.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by HVW

I’ve been looking for a deep-cleansing face mask that would help minimise my breakouts and smooth out my congested skin. This has had good reviews online so I thought I’d give it a whirl.

The price is pretty ludicrous and because I wasn’t sure if it would work I got the tiny jar, which was $20 Canadian and lasted for only 3 ¼ applications (I only had enough for my nose and chin for the last application). I applied a thin layer in accordance with the online instructions - in hindsight I would have rather used more and not had enough for the ¼ face application, but never mind. I don’t mind the smell at all but it stings a bit going on and is full of annoying tea leaves that cannot possibly serve any purpose (there aren’t enough of them) other than to maybe provide an excuse for the high price. Ah well. I wouldn’t have minded any of this if it had a miraculous or even pretty good impact on my skin.

I left it on for 10 – 20 minutes and then washed off with warm water and a cloth. Afterwards my skin certainly felt softer, but this effect was gone by the next day and I honestly didn’t notice any difference in breakouts, black heads or bumpiness of skin. Even the reported ‘glow’ was nowhere to be seen (although to be fair my skin is always pretty glowy thanks to the epic amounts of oil it produces).

All in all, this is definitely not a good ‘deep cleansing’ mask and I will not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by samarakash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great product even on my dry skin. It brightened my face and got rid of the dead skin. Just think it's too expensive in comparison to the results. I mean, $70 a jar? I'm almost sure the packaging probably costs them more than the product itself. Overall, good product but way too pricey!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2013 5:24:00 AM More reviews by ShoeGal1986

This review is for the black jar (tinglexfoliating mask).
Price: borderline ridiculously expensive for a brand that just appeared out of nowhere, but a little goes a very long way and I only plan to use this twice a month at most to avoid over exfoliating, especially if you use a clarisonic or a daily/weekly scrub

Packaging: box way too big for the size of the jar, even full size, packaged like a perfume bottle with plastic wrapping the box and inner carton to support the bottle so it doesn't move around in the humongous box.

Smell: i actually like it... Kinda like a muddy fragrant green tea

Texture: very grainy.. Wouldn't "scrub" it on my face. Just "slide" it on with fingers and wipe it of gently to avoid irritating skin.

Skin reaction: i have combo skin at the moment and when i applied this at the end of the day (which means it should be at its oiliest time) it stung like a dang hornet! I was kinda shocked coz i had never experienced such a strong reaction to any skin care product coz my skin is usually kinda tough.. It is definitely NOT a mere "tingle" BUUUUUTTTT after i washed it off... Holy canoli baby bum soft skin!!! Morning after, my skin looked sooooo clear and radiant.. Even my colleague noticed that the nasty black heads on my nose were gone!

Overall: by far THE best mask I've ever tried in my life! Wouldn't recommend it for peeps with dry or sensitive skin though.. They should put that on the box! try a sample first if you can, and see how your skin reacts to the formula coz this is some potent stuff!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by katarinapierce

Awesome face mask- reduces redness and makes my skin glow. However I can tell why some people may not like it-it exfoliates like no tomorrow, may be harsh on certain skin types. Sensitive skin or damanged skin must avoid this product.
On my way searching for a better substitute as it is ridiculously expensive. Will buy it again and use it sparingly :)