John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlighting Shampoo

3.4

on 3/10/2009 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product! It works just as well, if not better, than the expensive products and makes my blonde look gorgeous. I have thin, fine, oily, and color-treated hair; it's difficult to find products that don't weight it down, but this certainly doesn't make my hair limp.

on 3/1/2009 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm on my 3rd tube of this. I bought it because I thought the tube would work great for when I travel and it does. However, I since have fell in love with the product! I always have my hair foiled and this seems to make the root growth not show as much. I actually go longer between dye appointments. I also love the smell of this, I've even been asked what I use that my hair that it smells so good. I'm hooked on it and I only found it because I forgot shampoo while traveling. I also use the conditioner that goes with this. I bought mine at Walgreens.

on 2/23/2009 4:50:00 PM

I have champagne blonde hair that I get highlighted every 3-4 months. My color is natural looking and not over-processed. (I love aveda color!) I've been using John Frieda's Sheer Blonde line for 10 years and every time I try another "Blonde" line, I always come back to this one. It just does a really great job at keeping my color true. I'll always have this on hand!

on 2/15/2009 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has a good thick conditioner like feel ....didn't notice much difference though on the color,brightness,etc..on my blonde hair..I dyed my hair brown and left a few blond highlights for winter..I still had the shampoo and conditioner tubes left so I continued to use them just to see what it would do.overall it did nothing for me..great for moisterizing and softening frizzy hair though..

on 11/18/2008 1:39:00 PM

I bought this right after I had bleached my already-light blonde hair. The color had come out a little orange-y all over and I was hoping this would help tone it down. It really did take the orange out and gave me a nice, pure, light blonde. Plus the smell is to die for. I took one lippie off only because it might have been a little drying if I used too much of it. Otherwise, I really liked how this shampoo gave my hair nice color, smell, and feel.

on 11/2/2008 12:34:00 AM

Used with the Lustrous Touch Strengthening Conditioner, it made my hair soft and shiny. It can be very stripping on its own. Sheer Blonde will not make your hair blonder, but it IS non-color-depositing. If you want blonder hair, use a color-enhancing shampoo, like Clairol Shimmer Lights. EDIT: I took off a lippie and changed my mind about buying this again, as I have switched to a sulfate-free shampoo and it has made all the difference.

on 10/4/2008 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Terribly unkind to my fine highlighted blonde hair. Seemed nice enough in the shower but after rinsing my hair was a porous tangled knot the texture of straw. If you have very oily hair/scalp this may be useful it not: beware. Very stripping and harsh. Companion conditioner is useless.

on 9/22/2008 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have light brown hair, with natural blond highlights. I was hoping this would bring them out a little more. No go. I notice no difference in my hair. It didn't do much for general cleansing either. It just wasted time.

on 6/20/2008 3:57:00 PM

The only thing i like about the john frieda products is their packaging , so attractive !
2 lippies for this one in stead of 1, because i do feel like it brings out the nice blonde highlights.
Although it is very drying especially over time and i can not afford that since my hair is at the edge of fried ..
Btw , this brand is sooo expensive in Europe , i don't get it ..

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this product. I actually have dark brown hair with natural lighter brown and, in the summer, blonde highlights. After working out with a friend, I realized I didn't bring my shampoo from home to shower with. So I borrowed her sheer blonde. After blowdrying, my friend asked me multiple times if I had colored my hair. The summer sun bleaches out pieces of my hair so they are a very dark blonde but sheer blonde made them PULSE. I mean, my hair looked like I had spritzed an entire lemon's worth of juice on it and stayed outside for hours. It was amazing. I went out and bought this and the matching conditioner and probs. will not look back!!!

Top Rated John Frieda Products