December 22, 2014 | 1779 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Sensitive Facial Cleanser with Cotton Extract

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by bemil302

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this and the Sensitive Daily Moisturizer with Cotton Extract as part of my BzzAgent kit. I was really excited about trying this out but I'm afraid I'm somewhat disappointed.

The cleanser doesn't feel all that mild, to be honest. I feel like it's heavy and clings to my skin real stubbornly. It feels like I'm washing my face with cold cream but it doesn't remove makeup very well. It takes a long time to rinse off. Also, I don't know if it's this or the moisturizer because I started using both around the same time but my face has been breaking out more frequently in the past couple of weeks.

I don't know if this stuff deserves the "Sensitive" label.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i need more out of a cleanser. its very THICK-i feel like i am smearing cold cream all over my face. i definitely have to use a washcloth to wipe this off. i cannot use this over the sink because it takes quite the effort to remove so i only use in the shower. my face does not feel stripped afterwards but at the same time, i feel like it leaves a layer of something on. it feels slightly greasy? did not irritate my face at all (if i leave it on longer it will start to sting a bit...weird) but im not sure its doing a great job of cleansing it either. i would recommend using this as morning cleanser as you dont really need anything heavy duty for a morning rinse. no fragrance, natural & non irritating..

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2011 11:03:00 AM More reviews by Kellie11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a Bzz Agent and I received a free bottle of the moisturizer as well as the cleanser for sensitive skin. I was really interested in trying this product because I suffer from extremely sensitive skin. Most facial cleansers and moisturizers have failed to help my skin; therefore, I am continuously faced with tightness, flakiness, red blotches and overall dry skin. So when I used the cleanser, paired with the moisturizer I was pleased with the results and still am. The cleanser doesnít strip my skin as so many other cleansers have done, and the moisturizer leaves my skin soft and smooth to the touch. Iíve been using it for about two weeks now, and I have yet to experience my usual sensitive skin symptoms. As for now I am satisfied with the product, so I hope that it continues to leave my skin feeling and looking great.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2011 11:27:00 AM More reviews by marcimont

I also received this as a Bzz Agent and have been using it for several nights in a row with my Clarisonic. It is a thick, rich cream that feels luxurious and goes on smoothly. I used a separate eye makeup remover but not a remover wipe on my face. It pretty much removed all my makeup and my skin felt wonderful. It was not dry or tight ; it didnít feel stripped. Instead, it felt soft, clean, and moisturized with zero redness. It hasnít caused breakouts or irritation. I actually think my skin looks brighter and better than it did before using this. Itís only $10 for a huge 6 ounce tube. I think I will repurchase this and even purchase some for my daughters who are just beginning to wear makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Lisa_Marie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received this as a Buzz Agent. I have sensitive skin and this did not irritate my skin at all. In fact, it feels calming and rich. It leaves no trace of redness which all of us sensitive-skinned gals appreciate! The only "con" is that it didn't remove all of my makeup. So I'll limit my use to mornings. I'm sure I will repurchase this on a regular basis!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by imergo

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

(Bzz Agent, received product to test)

A very thick non-foaming cream cleanser that is massaged into the skin and then rinsed off. Because it's so thick I prefer to remove it with a microfiber cloth or washcloth, then rinse. It's very gentle but if you prefer a squeaky clean you probably won't like it. I think I'll use it mostly in cold weather or if my skin feels particularly put out.

It's so rich and creamy and contains so many nourishing ingredients (sunflower seed oil, coconut oil, cocoa seed butter, aloe juice) I'm tempted to try it as a moisturizer.

Fragrance-free and not tested on animals, both pluses.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by erin175

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am a Bzz Agent and received this to try along with the lotion. This is a Creme cleanser it removes dirt and makeup well, I use this with my Olay Spin Brush. If you are looking for a bubbly, skin stripping, sulfate loaded cleanser this is not it. After washing my face felt clean and not stripped I think it could be more moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Arenal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Another BzzAgent here, testing the Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser with Cotton Extract.

I've been using it at night for the past several days, and so far, so good. I like that it's gentle, and leaves my dry/rosacea skin feeling and moisturized. (I've used a plethora of cleansers, and some of the mild/sensitive ones still leave my skin feeling tight.

I've been using a makeup remover before using this, so I can't tell how well it does at removing makeup on its own. It claims to do so, and the product is very thick and creamy.

I'd prefer a pump bottle, but the tube is easy to use, and you get a large amount for your money.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by msnicki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this as a BzzAgent to try out. I was really excited about it because I am a HUGE fan of Burt's Bees products. My skin isn't super sensitive but there are a few products that really dry out my skin. The cleanser is kind of a thick consistency and has no soap or dyes or fragrance. All great. It washes away clean without any tightness or drying. Even better. The problem was an hour or so after using the cleanser and lotion my skin could be used as an reflective surface. That's how oily my face was. I have oily skin but never this bad. Sadly I've had to go back to my old cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 6:43:00 PM More reviews by cbbegley

I got this produst to try as Bzz Agent as well. I have always been a huge fan of all the Burts Bees products I have tried. I have very sensitive skin, and this is fabulous !!! I use this as my morning cleanser before the Burts Bees Sensitive Daily Moisturizer. While it is thick, I feel like it gets my face clean. Just out of habit I always toner afterwards, and VERY little residue remains. I have used a cosmetic line since I was 12, and since our store has closed I happened to be looking for another cleanser/moisturizer.. Thank You Bzz Agent .. you have turned me into a loyal Burts Bees Customer