Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser with Cotton Extract

3.5

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua (water, eau), helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, glycerin, cetyl alcohol, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), sucrose stearate, cetearyl alcohol, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, gossypium herbaceum (cotton) flower extract, oryza sativa (rice) extract, beta vulgaris (beet, extrait de racine de betterave) root extract, quillaja saponaria bark extract, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, yucca schidigera leaf/root/stem extract, artemisia umbelliformis extract, euphrasia officinalis extract, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, saccharum officinarum (sugar cane, extrait de canne à sucre) extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, silica, sucrose, fructose, glucose, coco-glucoside, inositol, maltodextrin, citric acid, benzoic acid, trehalose, xanthan gum, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, CI 77947 (zinc oxide), alcohol denat., phenoxyethanol.

on 11/3/2011 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Burt's Bees has always been a favorite brand of mine since I like to incorporate natural products into my life whenever possible. I was excited to hear that they were coming out with a line of products for sensitive skin and that I'd receive a sample product of their new sensitive skin facial cleanser, as part of a Bzz campaign but this cleanser was really disappointing as it's just too irritating for me.
The one thing I did like was that it took away all the dirt, oil and makeup from my skin and that my skin felt smoother initially but after using it for a week, my skin was much drier and it was actually irritated and red from this product. I went back to my usual cleanser and now my skin is back to normal again.
I would recommend this product to someone without sensitive skin that wanted an all natural skin cleanser, I think it would work for you, as it does clean and smooth your skin but it's too irritating and drying for someone like myself with annoyingly, dry, easily irritated, skin.

on 10/27/2011 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I too am a Bzz Agent and was sent this cleanser along with the moisturizer for review. I was quite excited to try this out as I am a huge fan of the Burt's Bees products (specifically the lip balms!) but I have to say I was a bit disappointed. I have to agree with some of the other reviews in that it is a quite thick consistency. Once applied it is a thick non foaming cream cleanser that takes a while to wash off. It doesn't remove much on my minimal makeup days yet alone my heavy duty foundation. I feel like I always have to use a toner after using this to actually feel like my face is clean. I am acne prone and it hasn't irritated my skin so I continue to use it, but only as my morning cleanser as I feel I don't need a heavy duty cleanser in the morning. I don't think its a bad product but it doesn't fit my needs for a cleanser. I feel for more mature skin in need of moisture this would be really great, considering my mom seems to be enjoying it. Personally the thickness is off putting and I would not repurchase.

on 10/25/2011 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

I got this and the Sensitive Daily Moisturizer with Cotton Extract as part of my BzzAgent kit. I was really excited about trying this out but I'm afraid I'm somewhat disappointed.

The cleanser doesn't feel all that mild, to be honest. I feel like it's heavy and clings to my skin real stubbornly. It feels like I'm washing my face with cold cream but it doesn't remove makeup very well. It takes a long time to rinse off. Also, I don't know if it's this or the moisturizer because I started using both around the same time but my face has been breaking out more frequently in the past couple of weeks.

I don't know if this stuff deserves the "Sensitive" label.

on 10/19/2011 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

i need more out of a cleanser. its very THICK-i feel like i am smearing cold cream all over my face. i definitely have to use a washcloth to wipe this off. i cannot use this over the sink because it takes quite the effort to remove so i only use in the shower. my face does not feel stripped afterwards but at the same time, i feel like it leaves a layer of something on. it feels slightly greasy? did not irritate my face at all (if i leave it on longer it will start to sting a bit...weird) but im not sure its doing a great job of cleansing it either. i would recommend using this as morning cleanser as you dont really need anything heavy duty for a morning rinse. no fragrance, natural & non irritating..

on 10/19/2011 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I am a Bzz Agent and I received a free bottle of the moisturizer as well as the cleanser for sensitive skin. I was really interested in trying this product because I suffer from extremely sensitive skin. Most facial cleansers and moisturizers have failed to help my skin; therefore, I am continuously faced with tightness, flakiness, red blotches and overall dry skin. So when I used the cleanser, paired with the moisturizer I was pleased with the results and still am. The cleanser doesnít strip my skin as so many other cleansers have done, and the moisturizer leaves my skin soft and smooth to the touch. Iíve been using it for about two weeks now, and I have yet to experience my usual sensitive skin symptoms. As for now I am satisfied with the product, so I hope that it continues to leave my skin feeling and looking great.

on 10/18/2011 11:27:00 AM

I also received this as a Bzz Agent and have been using it for several nights in a row with my Clarisonic. It is a thick, rich cream that feels luxurious and goes on smoothly. I used a separate eye makeup remover but not a remover wipe on my face. It pretty much removed all my makeup and my skin felt wonderful. It was not dry or tight ; it didnít feel stripped. Instead, it felt soft, clean, and moisturized with zero redness. It hasnít caused breakouts or irritation. I actually think my skin looks brighter and better than it did before using this. Itís only $10 for a huge 6 ounce tube. I think I will repurchase this and even purchase some for my daughters who are just beginning to wear makeup.

on 10/14/2011 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I received this as a Buzz Agent. I have sensitive skin and this did not irritate my skin at all. In fact, it feels calming and rich. It leaves no trace of redness which all of us sensitive-skinned gals appreciate! The only "con" is that it didn't remove all of my makeup. So I'll limit my use to mornings. I'm sure I will repurchase this on a regular basis!

on 10/12/2011 4:07:00 PM

(Bzz Agent, received product to test)

A very thick non-foaming cream cleanser that is massaged into the skin and then rinsed off. Because it's so thick I prefer to remove it with a microfiber cloth or washcloth, then rinse. It's very gentle but if you prefer a squeaky clean you probably won't like it. I think I'll use it mostly in cold weather or if my skin feels particularly put out.

It's so rich and creamy and contains so many nourishing ingredients (sunflower seed oil, coconut oil, cocoa seed butter, aloe juice) I'm tempted to try it as a moisturizer.

Fragrance-free and not tested on animals, both pluses.

on 10/11/2011 5:41:00 PM

I am a Bzz Agent and received this to try along with the lotion. This is a Creme cleanser it removes dirt and makeup well, I use this with my Olay Spin Brush. If you are looking for a bubbly, skin stripping, sulfate loaded cleanser this is not it. After washing my face felt clean and not stripped I think it could be more moisturizing.

on 10/9/2011 5:10:00 PM

Another BzzAgent here, testing the Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser with Cotton Extract.

I've been using it at night for the past several days, and so far, so good. I like that it's gentle, and leaves my dry/rosacea skin feeling and moisturized. (I've used a plethora of cleansers, and some of the mild/sensitive ones still leave my skin feeling tight.

I've been using a makeup remover before using this, so I can't tell how well it does at removing makeup on its own. It claims to do so, and the product is very thick and creamy.

I'd prefer a pump bottle, but the tube is easy to use, and you get a large amount for your money.