April 25, 2014 | 925 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Sensitive Facial Cleanser with Cotton Extract

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Lisa_Marie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received this as a Buzz Agent. I have sensitive skin and this did not irritate my skin at all. In fact, it feels calming and rich. It leaves no trace of redness which all of us sensitive-skinned gals appreciate! The only "con" is that it didn't remove all of my makeup. So I'll limit my use to mornings. I'm sure I will repurchase this on a regular basis!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by imergo

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

(Bzz Agent, received product to test)

A very thick non-foaming cream cleanser that is massaged into the skin and then rinsed off. Because it's so thick I prefer to remove it with a microfiber cloth or washcloth, then rinse. It's very gentle but if you prefer a squeaky clean you probably won't like it. I think I'll use it mostly in cold weather or if my skin feels particularly put out.

It's so rich and creamy and contains so many nourishing ingredients (sunflower seed oil, coconut oil, cocoa seed butter, aloe juice) I'm tempted to try it as a moisturizer.

Fragrance-free and not tested on animals, both pluses.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by erin175

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am a Bzz Agent and received this to try along with the lotion. This is a Creme cleanser it removes dirt and makeup well, I use this with my Olay Spin Brush. If you are looking for a bubbly, skin stripping, sulfate loaded cleanser this is not it. After washing my face felt clean and not stripped I think it could be more moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Arenal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Another BzzAgent here, testing the Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser with Cotton Extract.

I've been using it at night for the past several days, and so far, so good. I like that it's gentle, and leaves my dry/rosacea skin feeling and moisturized. (I've used a plethora of cleansers, and some of the mild/sensitive ones still leave my skin feeling tight.

I've been using a makeup remover before using this, so I can't tell how well it does at removing makeup on its own. It claims to do so, and the product is very thick and creamy.

I'd prefer a pump bottle, but the tube is easy to use, and you get a large amount for your money.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by msnicki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this as a BzzAgent to try out. I was really excited about it because I am a HUGE fan of Burt's Bees products. My skin isn't super sensitive but there are a few products that really dry out my skin. The cleanser is kind of a thick consistency and has no soap or dyes or fragrance. All great. It washes away clean without any tightness or drying. Even better. The problem was an hour or so after using the cleanser and lotion my skin could be used as an reflective surface. That's how oily my face was. I have oily skin but never this bad. Sadly I've had to go back to my old cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 6:43:00 PM More reviews by cbbegley

I got this produst to try as Bzz Agent as well. I have always been a huge fan of all the Burts Bees products I have tried. I have very sensitive skin, and this is fabulous !!! I use this as my morning cleanser before the Burts Bees Sensitive Daily Moisturizer. While it is thick, I feel like it gets my face clean. Just out of habit I always toner afterwards, and VERY little residue remains. I have used a cosmetic line since I was 12, and since our store has closed I happened to be looking for another cleanser/moisturizer.. Thank You Bzz Agent .. you have turned me into a loyal Burts Bees Customer

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by happyinLA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received this product to try as a Bzz Agent along with the sensitive skin daily lotion.

I feel more comfortable using this cleanser in the morning, when I don't have any makeup or major dirt & oil to clean. The cleanser is thick, with no fragrance or color, which I like. It also leaves my skin feeling moisturized, without stripping it or making it feel dry.

I tried using this product at night, after a long grimy day of makeup and the usual dirt and oil. I felt as though it cleansed the surface only and was left with mascara around my eyes.

Overall I think this is a great cleanser but not for days when deep heavy duty is needed, unless combined with a light scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Susanh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Having very sensitive, dry skin I am very wary to try new skin products. Getting itchiness, little bumpy rashes and my face all swollen in the past with the wrong products has caused my fear. That being said I decided to try the new Burts Bees cleanser with cotton and I'm very happy I did. It causes no issues but not only that, it cleans well, leaves my skin feeling moisturized, plump and just "normal". A previous reviewer said it was too thick and did not like it because it took awhile to wash off but I actually love the thick feeling. I spread it on and massage it in well and then wipe off with my washcloth. I follow with my cetaphil bar soap which has been a long time staple for me that works well. Thank you Burts Bees for making a true cleanser for sensitive skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by angelablair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a BzzAgent and received this product doing this Bzz campaign for Burt's Bee's Sensitive Skin Care. I received this and the moisturizer.
I have been using this for about 3 days now and I love it! It is very thick and a little goes a long way. I use about a quarter size dab and it does what it says. It removes my makeup, oil, dirt and doesn't dry out my skin. I am always skeptical to try out new products because I have dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin. I fear of breaking out, but this so far has really helped my skin. It hasn't broke me out and has actually made my skin look and feel better than before. I love that the ingredients are natural and its not scented. The person below me said it was thick and hard to wash off. I will agree with that. It is thick and takes a bit to wash off. So, if you don't like thick cleansers this isn't the product for you. I happen to like it though. It costs $9.99 which is a great price considering the ingredients and the amount of product it contains.
If you have sensitive skin, this is definitely worth trying out! I think it might just be my new HG cleanser!
UPDATE: I wanted to post an update since I have been using this cleanser for a couple of months now. I still really like it. It does make my skin look great and I haven't been having breakouts...however, I had to stop use of the moisturizer due to the cold weather drying out my skin and it not being quite moisturizing enough. And now I'm starting to wonder if maybe this might be making my skin dry as well. My skin has never been so dry in the colder months in the past but it sure is now. I'm thinking that maybe it could be this cleanser. I might stop using it for a while and see if that makes a difference in the dryness.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by lil_me

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

$10
Ingredientsó Cotton Extract: Softening Cotton Extract helps skin replenish its outer layer and minimize the effects of potential irritants such as harsh soaps or cleansers. Making it the natural ingredient to pick for sensitive skin care.
Ingredients: aqua (water, eau), helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, glycerin, cetyl alcohol, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), sucrose stearate, cetearyl alcohol, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, gossypium herbaceum (cotton) flower extract, oryza sativa (rice) extract, beta vulgaris (beet, extrait de racine de betterave) root extract, quillaja saponaria bark extract, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, yucca schidigera leaf/root/stem extract, artemisia umbelliformis extract, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, yucca schidigera leaf/root/stem extract, artemisia umbelliformis extract, euphrasia officinalis extract, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, saccharum officinarum (sugar cane, extrait de canne ŗ sucre) extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, silica, sucrose, fructose, glucose, coco-glucoside, inositol, maltodextrin, citric acid, benzoic acid, trehalose, xanthan gum, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, CI 77947 (zinc oxide), alcohol denat., phenoxyethanol
***************************************************************************************************I got this from Bzzagent to try and review. I tried this tonight after a long day at work. It comes in a large squeeze plastic recyclable tube. The texture is smooth and thick. I have acne prone combination skin so I'm a bit skeptical on how this would clean my face. I had on a tinted sunscreen, powder, non waterproof mascara, waterproof eyeliner, and lipstick. I had a little bit of difficulty rinsing this off my face with warm water. I'd say I rinsed for a good 2 minutes, which is kind of long for rinsing! After rinsing, I looked in the mirror and noticed some cleanser still around my nostrils. Even though it did not rinse clean, I guess it felt nice and smooth. Most of my make up came off. The waterproof eyeliner was a little challenging but it was about 85% removed. My skin feels comfortable, but I'm sure there is some residue left if I used a toner to finish it off. No fragrance detected. No redness nor tightness. It is said to be allergy tested, soap free, non-comedogenic, dermatologist-tested, and hypo-allergenic. This would work for me in the winter most likely. Now that I am in my forties, I can't deal with cleansers that over stripping my skin. I might need to use a separate eye make up remover before using this. It would also probably work better in the shower. The reason I would not repurchase is because it's really too thick. A cleansing milk may work better for me.