Dior Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup (2011 Formulation)

4.1

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: OCTINOXATE (ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE) 4.00 % - TITANIUM DIOXIDE 2.37 %. OTHER INGREDIENTS: AQUA (WATER) - METHYL TRIMETHICONE - ALCOHOL - DIMETHICONE - ISODODECANE - PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXILETHYL DIMETHICONE - ACRYLATES / DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER - DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER - DIMETHICONOL/METHYLSILANOL/SILICATE CROSSPOLYMER - MICA - DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE - STEARIC ACID - BUTYLENE GLYCOL - SODIUM MYRISTOYL GLUTAMATE - PHENOXYETHANOL - ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE - ALUMINA - VP/VA COPOLYMER - PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) - PROPYLENE CARBONATE - TETRASODIUM EDTA - ALGIN - LINALOOL - LIMONENE - BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL - ACACIA SENEGAL GUM - MALVA SYLVESTRIS (MALLOW) EXTRACT - BHT - CITRONELLOL - SERINE - XANTHAN GUM - SODIUM STEARATE - ATELOCOLLAGEN - ZINC GLUCONATE - SODIUM HYALURONATE - SODIUM CHLORIDE. [ /-: CI 77002 (ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE) - CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) - CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) - CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) - CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE)]. N 06069/A

on 11/18/2013 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Warning: I have a 10x magnifying mirror and am a foundation perfectionist :)
A very natural look, smooth feel and good color match in 022 (once many were tested). My skin is quite oily and this foundation needs blotting and powder at least twice during a long day but I've yet to find any in the last decade that don't! It's a really pretty coverage once I learned how to work with it. Foundation brushes (tried 3 different ones) just really didn't work it into the skin very nicely and caused it to catch in pores but I've have found that to be the case with thinner, drier, silicon-y foundations. Bingo! Laura Mercier sponge worked fantastically and now the finish is pretty. The colors are great but really need to be tested. Hasn't bothered my skin at all despite the alcohol content. I could do without the fragrance but it goes away quickly. Oh - super easy to remove with just liquid cleanser and water. Pretty nice for me after much trial and error with other brands - my Mac ProLongwear NW20 was just looking too peach for me and finding a good color match is so hard.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Because I use fake tan, my foundation has to have yellow undertones to match. I'm normally a MAC NC30-35 and the 031 Sand in Dior Forver is perfect for me.

I love that it has a pump, so no wasting expensive foundation! Yay! :-) It has a silky texture and glides on my face very smoothly. Like others have said, you don't need to use much. Packaging and bottle are nice.

Why not 5/5? I have a slightly oily t-zone and this foundation does not stop me from going shiny, so I have to use powder too for this area. Also, it's a little expensive at £32. Best to buy it with a discount code!

on 11/11/2013 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think this has the potential to be a great product for people with normal skin, however, I have very oily skin and this foundation completely slides off my face in the matter of about 3-4 hours. I previously used MAC pro longwear foundation and that stayed put on my face significantly longer than Diorskin Forever. Problem is, MAC doesn't seem to have the right shade for me, it's either too pink or too yellow. I got a perfect match in Dior, so I was ecstatic about it, however I now have to use a primer AND a setting spray just to get my foundation to come close to lasting as long as MAC Pro longwear.

I think for skin that is not as oily this foundation would be perfect. It makes my skin feel super soft, and the foundation is a nice medium coverage and doesn't go on too cakey. However I would not re-purchase again because in my opinion it is not a good match for very oily skin as it slides off completely in the matter of hours.

on 11/11/2013 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using MAC studio fix for years! but then i decided to change and a friend of mine advised me to get Diorskin foundation! so i did! and the first time i wore it wasn't that bad because basically i was in a place in which i couldn't check myself in the mirror every two mins! but by the time i came home i found my face with weird lines and it started looking cakey and it looked like it was LITERALLY peeling off like a mask! wore it with different primers and still the same!
i was given a shade HB40! which is WAY darker than my skin! so that was another issue i was annoyed with! certainly wont bother and get another shade! However, it might be my extra oily face .. might work for u if u have a dry skin, also it photographs pale

on 11/10/2013 8:05:00 AM

I have been using Dior Forever foundation for several years now, and what I like about it is, not smelly, texture is great, package is fantastic, the colors available are pretty, it does hydrate my skin. However, when I purchase the Teint Idole Ultra Lancôme long lasting foundation, I found that it covers more and it does last much longer, because the foundation itself is thicker and denser, so if you have a dry skin go for Dior Forever, otherwise, Lancôme is a longer lasting more covering foundation!

on 10/29/2013 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great product!

I tried the Diorskin Airspray before as well and loved it too but the line is being discontinued in France. So back to finding an everyday foundation - this one provides great coverage but dries to a powder finish. Doesn't feel heavy and doesn't need to be set. Keeps my morning routine simple!

on 10/25/2013 1:53:00 PM

This is a good quality foundation as its meant to look and feel like skin. It provides good coverage. However, I would not repurchase simply because of the price.

Application method:

I use this foundation with my fingers simply because the ingredients within the product is suppose to be activated by human heat that other brushes cannot do. The foundation claims to blend with your skin as one because of its latest technology. If you use a brush it does not give you "natural" and it can look cakey. I use to use it with my flat top kabuki brush from Coastal Scents and it would give me a nice finish but not skin like. I even use it with my beauty blender. It gave me close to skin like finish but I find I was using more product that I needed. Hence why I used my fingers. It blended into my skin very well and looks very natural.

Claims:

It does live up to its claim to last on the skin. The coverage is medium and slightly above medium. I wouldn't say full like the Kat von D kind. However, the one thing I notice if your skin is really oily it does not last as long. So make sure to use an anti-oil primer.

Overall if you have the money go ahead and purchase this. I personally won't cause of the price and because I am a foundation whore. I get bored easily :)

on 10/23/2013 8:44:00 AM

Nice Product.

visit more beauty tips:http://www.idollashauthority.com

on 10/23/2013 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

While it looks okay when I put it on it flakes after just 30 minutes. Got told that this was perfect for dry skin but not in my case. It made my skin feel tight even when mixing it with an moisturizer and after some days of using it my skin looked more miserable then ever. Felt bad to have paid this much for a product that made my skin worse.

on 9/23/2013 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have been using this for a little over two months now, so I feel that is enough time to give this a full review. This foundation has a medium to full coverage, semi-matte finish. It is pretty long-lasting, at about eight hours for me. My skin: combination, so typically dry around the chin/cheeks and oily in the T-zone. My shade: 031. I'm a Stromboli/Barcelona, NC 40/42, medium-tan olive skin.

Pros:
beautiful finish that isn't mask-like
long-lasting
rather decent coverage with two layers
morphs completely to match my skin tone after a few minutes (I don't think of it as oxidation because it doesn't turn orange on me)
Con:
price

If you can actually find a shade for yourself, and you're in the market for a more pricey foundation, this is definitely worth looking into. It doesn't really offer much for deeper skin tones, sadly. I hate when companies do that. There are people darker than NC50! (ranting)

Overall, this is just such a lovely foundation. It makes me look absolutely perfect and flawless, without looking like I'm a corpse. I know it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but I want to look as flawless as possible without people thinking it's the result of makeup. This looks like my skin, if it were perfect. I hate to say it, but I will most likely repurchase when I run out. I will, however, plan this purchase around Sephora's F&Fs!

EDIT: I forgot to mention how I apply it. I get a lot more coverage when I use my fingers. Even with my synthetic flat foundation brush, I feel like it's soaking up the product too much. With two full pumps, and using my fingers, I can cover my whole face, and use the rest for undereye circles and small blemishes.