December 18, 2014 | 1405 users online

Cleansers - Trader Joe's - Nourish All in One Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by rsrs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG cleanser! Already repurchased twice.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by donna409

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is an excellent overall cleansing wash. It made my skin feel clean, soft, and after the 1st use, toned with less pore visability. The price can't be beat for approx. $5.00, and for cleansers the size is great at that price. It comes in a basic pump bottle, but the pump works~ which is a big deal for me. It pumps out just the right amount without drama. I have paid plenty more $ for cleansers and lotions whose pumps drive you crazy. There is no heavy odor, just a very slight clean scent that immediatly goes away when you wash your face. I am very pleased with this purchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 6:02:00 AM More reviews by loveforsocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I read on a blog that this face wash was developed by a very well known dermatologist, and that it's actually exactly the same formula as a $50 face wash sold in the dermatologist's line of luxury skin care products. I don't know whether this is true or not, but I do love this product. It is very gentle and it doesn't sting my eyes at all. It makes my face feel squeaky clean without overdrying. It builds up a nice foam. I love that it's cheap. My only complaints are that unlike most Trader Joe's products it contains more preservatives, and when I rinse it off it feels like it leaves a residue, but I might just be imagining that. I would recommend this for people with oily and acne prone skin, like me. It has helped to keep my acne at bay, and since it's not stripping it doesn't overdry my face and cause my skin to produce more oil. Definitely a good buy!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Leeti

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has changed my life! I am early 30's, and have broken out since I was 11. I have been to countless dermatologists, microdermabrasion, facials, and have tried anything and everything at the hopes of clear skin. After using this cleanser, my skin is actually pretty! And...I've never had pretty skin..ever) I don't break out anymore and my skin tone is so much more even. I don't even wear much foundation anymore, just don't need it. Try this, for under $10, what do you have to lose? :)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Since I rarely shop at TJ's I knew nothing of this cleanser. My skin twin here on MUA sent me a bottle of it and gave it high marks. Since our skin types are very similar, I knew it would not hurt, but wanted to do a little extra research to completely satisfy my curiosity.

First, the doctor. who worked with TJ's on the cleanser is a real dermatologist, but has remained nameless. Why? Because he sells the same cleanser in his office and that version does not have half the anti-oxidants that his version does. This is not from TJ's website, but an unrelated site. I would imagine he wants to remain anonymous for this reason alone.

He's going to make his money at his office anyway, but I still admire his input. So I've had the cleanser for about a week now and I have nothing but good things to write about. My skin is oily/acne sensitive/aging. I don't use complicated cleansers to clean it. I save the actives for topicals.

It's fresh and clean smelling. It reminds me a little of Neutrogena's unscented. It's 8.45 ounces for $5.99. One pump is plenty. It lathers well, rinses cleanly and is not sticky or tacky after a good rinse. The bottle reads "Cleanser, Exfoliant, Tearless and Antioxidant Rich. I agree with all of the claims made here. It's a great, basic product that I can depend on not to break out or dry out my skin.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Masia927

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This did not work for my skin. It dried it out and I developed a few deep bumps from it. It was even worse for my fiance (who has dry, acne prone skin). I tried using it to clean my brushes and it dried those out like no other too, in fact a couple of them were ruined. However! it is far and away the best eye makeup remover I've ever used. It gets off even my most stubborn eye makeup. Because I just use it on my eyes it doesn't break me out. I will continue to purchase solely to use as MU remover. Not to mention it lasts forever that way, I only need half a pump to get everything off. Very wallet friendly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by melissast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The best thing I have ever done for my skin is switch to only trader joes skin care. This cleanser paired with the enrich moisturizer work beautifully to keep my skin clean, soft, and clear (which never happens!) Will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 3:13:00 AM More reviews by hoodoo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great cleanser! I will buy this for as long as they sell it.
I'm used to being disappointed in cleansers that either irritate, smell like cheap perfume, don't work, or all three. So when I tried this one and it worked so well, so effortlessly, it was almost kind of eerie :-)
I have reactive, thin dry skin and it is smooth and calm after using this cleanser. I even tried applying it to dry skin as the label advises, and it works beautifully. No detectable smell whatsoever.
This product is a steal!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by wanny

I love this product! I have sensitive combination skin and I normally use Clinique mild facial soap. I wanted to find a cheaper alternative and decided to try this out after reading such good reviews! It was only $5.99 (compared to Clinique's $15-$20) and I feel like they work similarly. It gives my face a squeaky clean feeling and prepares my face for a SPF moisturizer. I love that it doesn't have a strong fragrance and a small amount foams up very well. The only thing I don't like would be the packaging... it looks more like a hand soap dispenser than a face cleanser!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by circusriddle

This review is written after one month of using this product.

I have sensitive, acne-prone, oily skin. I had just finished reading a book on skin care and they recommended using a gentle, fragrance free, exfoliating, gel cleanser for my skin type, so when I saw this at Trader Joe's I decided to go for it.

It has done wonders for my face. I use it with a clean washcloth every night and morning and my skin is looking a lot better than it ever has. It gets my skin clean without making it feel tight or overly dried out. It has helped clear up my forehead and just does a great job at what its suppose to do. I'll have to keep an eye on it though as lately I have noticed my face becoming a little more dryer, but that could be a number of other things.

I wonder what this product was originally packaged under as one of the girls working at Trader Joe's told me this product is sold at around $20 under a different name in other stores, but she didn't say what the name was. If this works for you, its an incredible value for $6. I love that it has a pump so there's less chance of contamination.

So for now, a solid 5/5 from me. I will update if something changes my opinion.
-------
UPDATE:
Sadly, I've noticed that this does tend to dry out my skin more than I'd like. It was great at first and I didn't notice any drying. But over time I noticed my skin feeling very tight and too shiny after every wash. Even after applying moisturizer I still feel tight in certain places.

Too bad, this has almost all the properties in a cleanser that I was hoping and looking for and I was hoping this would be HG for me. I think the problem lies in the foaming agent, as foaming products will dry the skin out. I'm going to try mixing in a drop or two of jojoba oil when I use this and see how it goes

EDIT 08/11/12: This has gone back to being a HG item for me. I've stopped using the washcloth and have mixed in a drop of jojoba oil with this every time I cleanse and my skin has never looked better.

FINAL EDIT 12/25/2013: Its been a while since I've used this cleanser and I thought I should update my review as I find it helpful to see if products make it for the long haul. This is a great product, a really good basic for those looking for a basic cleanser. I will say that if you are especially oily this may be a little too gentle for you, which is why I switched it out for my current HG product Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash. I've been using that one for a year now and its replaced this product as a staple in my skin routine, but had that not worked out for me then I would still be using this today.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No