July 25, 2014 | 961 users online

Cleansers - Trader Joe's - Nourish All in One Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 3:13:00 AM More reviews by hoodoo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great cleanser! I will buy this for as long as they sell it.
I'm used to being disappointed in cleansers that either irritate, smell like cheap perfume, don't work, or all three. So when I tried this one and it worked so well, so effortlessly, it was almost kind of eerie :-)
I have reactive, thin dry skin and it is smooth and calm after using this cleanser. I even tried applying it to dry skin as the label advises, and it works beautifully. No detectable smell whatsoever.
This product is a steal!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by wanny

I love this product! I have sensitive combination skin and I normally use Clinique mild facial soap. I wanted to find a cheaper alternative and decided to try this out after reading such good reviews! It was only $5.99 (compared to Clinique's $15-$20) and I feel like they work similarly. It gives my face a squeaky clean feeling and prepares my face for a SPF moisturizer. I love that it doesn't have a strong fragrance and a small amount foams up very well. The only thing I don't like would be the packaging... it looks more like a hand soap dispenser than a face cleanser!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by circusriddle

This review is written after one month of using this product.

I have sensitive, acne-prone, oily skin. I had just finished reading a book on skin care and they recommended using a gentle, fragrance free, exfoliating, gel cleanser for my skin type, so when I saw this at Trader Joe's I decided to go for it.

It has done wonders for my face. I use it with a clean washcloth every night and morning and my skin is looking a lot better than it ever has. It gets my skin clean without making it feel tight or overly dried out. It has helped clear up my forehead and just does a great job at what its suppose to do. I'll have to keep an eye on it though as lately I have noticed my face becoming a little more dryer, but that could be a number of other things.

I wonder what this product was originally packaged under as one of the girls working at Trader Joe's told me this product is sold at around $20 under a different name in other stores, but she didn't say what the name was. If this works for you, its an incredible value for $6. I love that it has a pump so there's less chance of contamination.

So for now, a solid 5/5 from me. I will update if something changes my opinion.
-------
UPDATE:
Sadly, I've noticed that this does tend to dry out my skin more than I'd like. It was great at first and I didn't notice any drying. But over time I noticed my skin feeling very tight and too shiny after every wash. Even after applying moisturizer I still feel tight in certain places.

Too bad, this has almost all the properties in a cleanser that I was hoping and looking for and I was hoping this would be HG for me. I think the problem lies in the foaming agent, as foaming products will dry the skin out. I'm going to try mixing in a drop or two of jojoba oil when I use this and see how it goes

EDIT 08/11/12: This has gone back to being a HG item for me. I've stopped using the washcloth and have mixed in a drop of jojoba oil with this every time I cleanse and my skin has never looked better.

FINAL EDIT 12/25/2013: Its been a while since I've used this cleanser and I thought I should update my review as I find it helpful to see if products make it for the long haul. This is a great product, a really good basic for those looking for a basic cleanser. I will say that if you are especially oily this may be a little too gentle for you, which is why I switched it out for my current HG product Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash. I've been using that one for a year now and its replaced this product as a staple in my skin routine, but had that not worked out for me then I would still be using this today.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by tiredmomoftwo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this cleanser. I have acne prone but very reactive skin prone to SD and PD. This does not bother either of these skin conditions. It is a bit drying so I will probably one use it during the summer. Nice price and good ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 8:28:00 AM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Thank you to all of you on makeupalley! This is the best all around face cleanser. Does not dry out my skin (even though it looks as if it would). Gets off all of my makeup in one wash if i first rub it into DRY skin. That is what really seems to help with any of the waterproof makeup breaking up. Also, I saw a previous reviewer had a problem with the pump. I finally figured it out b/c I thought mine was broken too. The screw top needs to be on really tight and then you will be able to twist the pump part to open it! I even hold the screw top part in position while twisting the pump part - popped right up and works fine. This is a steal and i have purchased for every bathroom in our haouse and recommended it to all of my friends who have troubled (or even just normal skin)!!
UPDATE: 10/4/2012 STILL LOVING THIS STUFF> I do find though that you have to rinse off really well to avoid any tightness. I have replaced all face cleansers in our house with this one. SOOOO worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Sileny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Great, great cleanser for sensitive skin. It's loaded with good stuff, though they're kind of useless in a cleanser, since you rinse them off your face. Still! It's very gentle, sulfate free, fragrance free. It has a very mild and inoffensive scent. It rinses off clean and doesn't dry my skin out at all. It hasn't broke me out, but it doesn't wash makeup off that well. Especially eyeliner, so you will have to use a separate makeup remover for that. If you are more interested in a makeup remover plus cleanser, you'll probably be disappointed in this, but I still think it's worth considering. The price is good at $6 and you get 8.45oz. My one complaint is the pump: it's kind of broken, but I'm sure that something limited to the one bottle I bought. Though, it still had an impact on my quality rating.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by skinnut

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

very nice cleanser. does not dry out my skin and no breakouts or irritations. well priced, perfectly packaged in a clear pump container and scent free. yay trader joe's!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Nowheregirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for less than a week and I already see results. The cleanser is thick - I use two pumps to get enough lather. It removes makeup and doesn't dry my skin out too much. I do need to use a moisturizer after it, but my skin doesn't feel too tight after washing like it can with other foaming cleansers. In less than a week my skin looks clearer, smoother, and more even-toned. For $5.99, I'm impressed! I'm hoping this cleanser will be my HG cleanser and end my roller-coaster-ride of my fickle relationship with cleansers. And it would save me a ton of money that I've spent on high-end skin care lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by coocoovanille

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

An awesome basic cleanser. Gets off all my makeup (I wear mineral powder foundation, nothing super long-lasting or thick, and regular mascara, not waterproof). Super cheap, does the job. I have repurchased and will continue to do so. They also just came out with a moisturizer in the same line, and it's great. Lightweight, packed full of great ingredients, no parabens, and no SPF (I prefer my lotions without SPF). I love Trader Joe's!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by theparsley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG. This is the first cleanser I've found that does not break me out!

I have sensitive, combo, acne/clog prone skin. I've had a hard time finding something that will not dry me out, break me out, irritate, or clog me. I have been using this cleanser for 3 months, and it has not caused me any of those problems. It doesn't make me itch or irritated and it removes my very basic MU. It only dries me out a little if I consistently use it twice a day; I usually just rinse with water in the am. I only use half a pump for my whole face. I think it could become drying if you use more than you need to or if you already have dry skin.

I haven't noticed any evening of my skin tone like some others. I also don't think this has necessarily prevented acne or done any miracles for me, but it's a great basic cleanser (which was exactly what I was looking for). Plus it's CHEAP. Why not give it a shot? It if doesn't work, you're out $6. If it works for you... you've found a cleanser for only $6!!! The nearest TJ is an hour away from me, but next time I go, I will be stocking up on this cleanser! :)

Oh, and they are apparently expanding the line to include a moisturizer. I'm going to keep an eye out for that!

EDIT (8/16/12): Guys, I ran out of this cleanser and could tell how well it had been working for me! My face was a lot more red without using this and my acne took a lot longer to heal. So even more props to this cleanser; I will never be without it again!! :)