September 2, 2014 | 1091 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Coolaulin conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2008 3:16:00 PM More reviews by silva89

I have long, somewhat dry, wavy hair. I found that this conditioner was perfect for my hair. It did a great job of conditioning, without being too heavy. Many conditioners weigh down my waves, but this conditioner left them soft and frizz free. Also, the scent is amazing. Its great in the shower and the scent lingers on your hair throughout the day also!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2008 10:20:00 PM More reviews by JamieGirl

I'm reviewing this product for my fiance, who has dry, curly, dandruff-prone hair. He was mostly quite pleased with it. His big complaint was the somewhat thin consistency, which made it "a little nerve-wracking to use, as you need to use a little more than you other wise would." Results are excellent, which I can personally attest to. It has left his dry hair soft and re-hydrated, and his curls are better defined. The scent is amazing! He loves it, even though he is typically not a fan of coconut. I am wild for the smell, and it leaves his hair pleasantly fragranced throughout the day- although not enough that others would smell it. Just enough so that when we're near one another and I lean into him, I can smell the coconut and it's delightful :p He is using this in conjunction with the Soak 'N Float shampoo bar, and so far, the results are quite good.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2008 12:35:00 PM More reviews by maven22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have long curly hair that tends to get dry/frizzy if not taken care of properly and I have read that coconut is very good at moisturizing. I received a sample of this product and I was very excited to try it out due to the natural coconut ingredients and because it seems to be marketed to people with curly hair. I was so disappointed! First, the smell is horrible. It's a mix between plastic and cigarettes with a subtle rotten coconut smell. Even worse, the smell lingered in my hair all day. Yuck. Second, it is so runny that I had to use tons of it to feel as if it was coating my hair. If I were to use this as my regular conditioner I would probably finish the large bottle in two weeks. Third, it didn't moisturize at all and it tangled my hair. I might as well have conditioned my hair with tap water. It was so bad I actually threw the rest of my sample away. I think this product is overpriced and does an awful job at conditioning curly hair. I would not use it again and would run away from any Lush associate offering me another free sample of this stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2008 2:20:00 PM More reviews by arcticmel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not impressed. I bought my small bottle (thank goodness!) last year and I stopped using it instantly. After reading the reviews on this site, I decided to try it out again, I was reminded why I stopped using it, this does not condition, does not coat my hair, nothing! The smell is pretty fake smelling (once you get it out of the bottle in the shower you'll know what I mean). I have to brush through my hair longer then usual cause I have TANGLES! Ugh!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2008 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Lovinya02

When I first sniffed the tester of this I loved it as it smelled like a light coconut with some mint. When I got home my HUGE bottle and used on my hair the smell almost made me throw up and gave me an instant headache. It smells like a yucky rotten plastic fake coconut smell. It gave me the WORST headache and the worst part was the smell lingered for over a day!! (I always air dry my hair)

Also.. the product is extremely thin and runny. I have insanely thick hair and it took me using almost a 1/4 of the bottle to feel like it had any effect on my hair what so ever. I'll stick with my $2.50 bottle of Aussie 3 min miracle deep conditioner as it does a 10000x better job for 10% of the price of the lush!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2008 3:17:00 AM More reviews by nobunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

any hair junk that smells like coconut or mint is usually an in for me, so i picked up the small bottle of this stuff. it's not bad at all but to me it just feels like a normal conditioner. i would recommend it if you need a conditioner but i have no idea where its specialties lie. smells awesome though!!
07/07/09: does not condition. have switched to phyto haircare.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2008 2:35:00 PM More reviews by daisyj2

This did nothing for my hair, which is straight and long. It left it tangled and messy, I will be sticking to my Pantene.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2008 12:26:00 PM More reviews by em1387

I have thick/wavy/curly/unruly hair and i thought this was made for me. However it just doesn't live up to my expectations. Its rather runny and i need to use so much of it in order to feel that i'm getting any benefit from it. I don't think i will be buying it again as it not really that cost effective for me. So i will be going back to my beloved american cream.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2007 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Bec_ee

Makes my hair mega soft, but i'm not crazy about the smell. even so, i will probably buy it eventually.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2007 12:45:00 PM More reviews by MsTapp

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have medium-short, fine, curly, unprocessed, dry hair. Over the years I have used many different shampoos and conditioners. Some were better than others, but none really made all that much difference in the appearance of my hair - until now. I recently started using both Trichomania bar shampoo and Coolaulin conditioner. I have had great hair days every day since switching. I'm getting a lot of curl, no frizz, nice shine. My hair feels soft and smooth.

I lather up the shampoo bar in my hands first, then rub it into my wet hair. The lather is unbelievable. Next I rinse out the shampoo, apply a nice blob of conditioner, comb it through my hair, and leave on for a few minutes while finishing my shower. I have quite a stash of hair gels, but it doesn't seem to make a difference which I use anymore - great hair no matter what. After applying gel, I let my hair dry naturally, fluff it a bit, and spritz on a little hair spray.

I am putting this review in both the shampoo and conditioner categories because I don't think either product would be as fabulous alone as they are together. I am so in love with these products.