Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush

4.5

on 1/9/2013 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Oh my god! This foundation brush is absolutely AMAZING! No matter how bad you are at applying foundation, this brush seems to fix that by distributing the product evenly throughout the skin on all surfaces.

I thoroughly recommend this brush to makeup fanatics. It may be expensive but the price is SO worth it!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Let me start off by saying I have been a die-hard user of the MAC 190 brush (later on Chanel, but still the same type of brush) for 10 years, and I never thought I would find anything better. I own the MAC 187 also, but I don't really like it for foundation as its too big and I feel applies foundation too sheer for my liking. I was eyeing this brush for months and finally caved in and bought it. BEST FOUNDATION BRUSH EVER! I use it with my MAC Studio Tech, and it gives the most flawless finish. Very good coverage. I actually feel like I use less foundation with this brush. Blends way better than my old foundation brush, so I actually spend LESS time on my foundation with this. I would definitely recommend this brush to anyone looking for a good foundation brush. I believe it was only $30, which IMO is a good price considering my Chanel one was over $40.

on 12/26/2012 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My daughter gifted to me after she discovered how 'perfect' it was for foundation. I alternate this with the Mac 130 and I love them both. I think this takes more work to use though than the 130 but the results are great. Mine never sheds, and looks great after multiple washes. Takes overnight to dry, but so worth it. The price is reasonable too considering what it does.

on 11/29/2012 11:39:00 PM

This is one of the best foundation brushes that I have tried ever!
Now, be prepared to practice and gain the technique. This is not you overall brush. It is a very special and professional brush crafted to apply foundation through light dots and sweeps. I would recommend asking a Shiseido consultant how to use it before purchasing.
The basic idea is pumping your foundation in the back of your hand, getting a little product in the brush and start applying in the cheekbone area with light dotting pressure. Work your way down half way through the cheek. Then, sweep the extra product outwards. Repeat in chin and forehead. Remember to sweep afterwards and apply a little more where needed.

Once you master the technique it is a great brush. Remember to use a smooth, non-waterproof foundation.

Get a good brush cleaner too!

on 11/28/2012 2:39:00 AM

amazing! best makeup brush i have used. feels really soft. i have only used it with liquid foundation. easy to clean with soap and water. would definitely recommend!

on 11/19/2012 12:01:00 PM

This is the most soft blush i own, soooooo soft, love it! I dont use it for apply foundation (have to tr), i use it for apply concealer and the application is flawless. I am willing to buy more 2 brushes, one for blush and the other for apply luminizing powder.

excellent brush for under eye concealing and smoothing on foundation on select areas. it is a perfect small size to travel with and blends foundation and concealer beautifully. i dont use it for a full face foundation since that will take a long time since this is a small brush so it is perfect for light make up days and traveling. i really like the angle an the size of this brush and it applies products flawlessly without any streaks. it is worth a try if you are looking for a good foundation brush!

on 10/22/2012 2:51:00 PM

Best foundation brush I have found. I've tried the prescriptive foundation brush, moved to a Mary Kay foundation brush, then MAC stippling brush, 188, now this and I really like the size and density of the bristles.... However I have to do a really close up look in the mirror just in case I see some streaking. However if I do I know it's because I am going to fast and not buffing it out right!

on 10/22/2012 1:57:00 AM

This foundation brush is quite small and very dense.
Stippling foundation on achieves a very flawless look with this brush.
Because of its size, it's a great brush to travel with.
Mine has not lost a single hair and the shape is still perfect. The only problem with this brush is that it sucks up a lot of product so a lot of the foundation ends up stuck between the hairs. Also it takes a while to clean, because of the dense hairs.
Altogether a great brush, but for me something more for special occasions than everyday use.

on 10/17/2012 11:31:00 AM

so I got this brush as the suggestion of my beauty counter consultant. Today I went for a make up session and ask the make up artist to do one cheek side with shiseido brush, another with normal, flat foundation brush.
She said that the brush is new generation brush. The brush is very, very soft! its very tiny so if you want to make your make up look perfect, this is for you. The only thing what she said that this brush puts make up so naturally that some of my pores were still visible and she still had to use normal flat brush. Together those brushed worked out the magic. Totally flawless aplication! So the summary is, if you are looking for flawless skin look, this brush is a must have! however I would still use it as the first step of make up aplication and then I would go one more round with the flat brush. swiping motions up and down on your cheeks (this is the tip from my make up artist).this brush is a must have for all gadget make up lovers:) it make some longer time to apply however its definately worth to spend a minute more for more smooth skin look.

Video Reviews & Tutorials