April 21, 2014 | 938 users online

Makeup Brushes - Shiseido - Perfect Foundation Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

When I first saw this brush, I was not blown away. I thought to myself, this looks a lot like the flat top powder brush by ELF, which costs a lot less. However, my thoughts changed when the SA at the Shiseido counter applied a layer of foundation with this brush.

Not only does this give such a non-streaky, even foundation layer, but it is very precise and the angle of this brush makes it so easy to apply. The bristles are not natural hair, but they are handmade together.

My foundation looks super smooth and flawless with this foundation. I like to stipple my foundation and lightly buff it and the angle and the dense bristles make it possible.

The handle is very nice. In fact, the whole brush is made of really nice quality as you can feel it when you use it. Not too heavy, not too light. The design of the brush is very simple yet elegant and efficient.

The only downside is that this brush is hard to wash because it is so dense that any foundation (especially creams and water-resistant/proof foundations) left behind leaves residue in the brush.

A bonus about this brush is that you can use this for all 3 kinds of foundation - powder, cream and even liquids! They say that you should not intermix the type of foundation without washing the brush first (use powder and then cream without washing) or else the brush will end up with a lot of residue at the end.

The brush was around $40 (I'm not too sure but it was around there)..a bit pricey, but I am in LOVE with this brush. I would definitely repurchase this brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by womanwarrior

Wow. This brush is unlike any other foundation brush on the market. I own the MAC paddle brush, 187, the Shu foundation brush, and I really didn't think I needed another. But the shape looked like it would be great for stippling on foundation... and it doesn't disappoint. The bezel is cylindrical, with densely packed synthetic hairs. And it's less than an inch across, which helps it get into the sides of the nose and gives really precise application. The thing that's different about this brush is that the hairs are cut at a slightly diagonal area, so you don't use it in a circular motion like a kabuki brush. Rather, you just tap the foundation onto your skin. I use it with Shiseido's cream compact foundation, which can look a little heavy applied with a sponge. With this brush, it's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by sweetdreamsb1atch

this is my HG foundation brush and also the very first one i have ever tried..this brush is so soft and smooth it will glide on your face like dream..if you have sensitive skin,then you will love this brush it does not scratches or itches your skin..with this brush you can get at least medium coverage with any sheer foundation or tinted moisturizer because it grabs foundation well, then lays it down quickly.,.. in other words, you can get medium-to-dense coverage in less time. ..and what is more amazing about it ,you can use it with all formulations - liquid, cream or powder... the brush is short but mighty and that makes it perfect for travel..the head is very densely packed with bristles that feel so soft and natural to the touch. the tip is slanted so that it can fit the contours of the face....the upper edge fits nicely into small niches, such as around the nose....the finish you get with this brush is flawless ,impeccable,smooth and airbrushed...believe me, it made my foundation look alot better.... highly recommended and will deffinitely repurchase

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Euniqued

I'm so glad I caved and bought this after all the rave reviews by beauty editors! The first thing I noticed was how SMALL this brush was compared to all my other brushes. I have previously used both MAC flat-top kabuki and stippling brushes, as well as the Sigma sigmax brushes (including the angled kabuki and flat-top kabuki brushes) and this brush outperforms them both! It also works better than the beauty blender (original) in delivering a flawless finish. It takes a little longer then the other brushes I've used, but around the same time as the beauty blender usually takes me. It is an absolute joy to use as I am constantly amazed at how beautiful and glowing my skin looks afterwards.

I moisturise then dab 4 small areas of foundation on my face with my fingers (both cheeks, forehead and chin), and use this brush to PAT it into my skin in the areas closest to the centre of my face that need the most coverage, before blending slowly outwards to areas that don't require as much coverage. It's the first time I've done this but it works amazingly - the trick is not to apply product to the back of the hand and picking up product this way, as the brush is very dense and will pick up all the product and spread it inefficiently this way.

This brush gives me the most flawless finish I've ever experienced (Have only tried liquid foundation and concealer with this brush - it's an all in one though, apparently you can use it to blend concealer, foundation and also powder, but I don't powder every day). Yet to try powdering with it also, but am looking forward to seeing how it performs.

The only cons I can think of are that it takes a little longer to do my foundation (maybe 2 minutes more than usual - around 4 minutes altogether) and the price was a little steep ($50 AUS). Highly recommend this product if you're sitting on the fence about this one girls!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Scotiabelle

Fantastic brush. The best foundation brush I've used. Better than mac better than beauty blender. A dream finish flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by vassy0909

The best brush for liquid foundation. It gives airbrushed finish, it doesn't absorb much product. I have large pores and wrinkles and this brush really covers evenly and makes me look very natural even when i look at my self in the 10x magnifiing mirror

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by RachelMarieNails

I bought this product when I saw it being rec'd on the makeup board.
I bought it on a whim since I had only tried 1 or 2 foundation brushes in the past. I absolutely fell in love with this brush.
It's about half the size of my other full sized brushes but I find that it makes it easier to work with. It applies my foundation very evenly and smooth looking!
I was honestly giddy when I first did my makeup with this brush.
I will say that the only downside to this brush is it is VERY VERY VERY hard to get fully clean.
I spot clean it daily and when I deep clean it- it takes a lot of time to get it to a good clean feeling. I think it is because it is so dense.
Absolutely worth it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

This is great for cream foundations... But is really small. I wish they brush was a bit bigger.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by MaddyKate93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

It's a great brush. It does a perfect job of achieving an airbrushed, even foundation look, but I can not figure out how to clean it!
I was told to rinse it in mild soap. I did this and it still holds product, but now smells like soap lol and has dried all straggly like.
So I used MAC brush cleaner, but the density of the brush still holds product :( Maybe I'm just really bad at washing brushes lol! Once I master the art of washing this i will be happy.
Until then I will keep using my Lancome one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by heypretty911

I first saw this brush about a year ago at the Shiseido counter at my local mall. Even at first sight, I had a suspicion that this brush would do a good job --really just a hunch based purely on the design and my past experiences with other foundation brushes. I'm one of those ladies who keep finding new things to try just to see if there's something better out there despite already using what could be considered "HG". I put off buying the brush though, thinking that when the ones I already had got worn out, I could come back and get this. Less than a year later, I read on a blog that a girl was having a hard time finding Shiseido's Perfect Foundation Brush during her trip to Japan because it was sold out everywhere. My curiosity was once again piqued. I finally went to the counter and allowed the SA to apply a minimal amount of foundation with this brush. Even just by looking at what was blended into the skin on my arm, I could tell that this brush surpasses others I'd used. Its immense bristle density is a real delight since the brush will leave no streaks after you blend the foundation into your skin. On my first try at home, I applied Lunasol's liquid foundation with this brush and I was amazed by the excellent pick-up and the results-- so sheer, so smooth, no streaks. I then used it to apply Kanebo Impress's cream foundation, which has a much thicker consistency, and the results were even more awesome. My conclusion? Forget about buying other foundation brushes, this is THE ONE! It certainly lives up to its name. PERFECT! I now own two of these and would buy more if I didn't already have like six foundation brushes by other brands. Le sigh ... One downside though, or two actually. It's rather pricey (but definitely worth it!) and it is a real pain to clean because of the density of the bristles. Still, I would buy this again and again and again.