October 23, 2014 | 901 users online

Makeup Brushes - Shiseido - Perfect Foundation Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

excellent brush for under eye concealing and smoothing on foundation on select areas. it is a perfect small size to travel with and blends foundation and concealer beautifully. i dont use it for a full face foundation since that will take a long time since this is a small brush so it is perfect for light make up days and traveling. i really like the angle an the size of this brush and it applies products flawlessly without any streaks. it is worth a try if you are looking for a good foundation brush!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Re823

Best foundation brush I have found. I've tried the prescriptive foundation brush, moved to a Mary Kay foundation brush, then MAC stippling brush, 188, now this and I really like the size and density of the bristles.... However I have to do a really close up look in the mirror just in case I see some streaking. However if I do I know it's because I am going to fast and not buffing it out right!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 1:57:00 AM More reviews by okuko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation brush is quite small and very dense.
Stippling foundation on achieves a very flawless look with this brush.
Because of its size, it's a great brush to travel with.
Mine has not lost a single hair and the shape is still perfect. The only problem with this brush is that it sucks up a lot of product so a lot of the foundation ends up stuck between the hairs. Also it takes a while to clean, because of the dense hairs.
Altogether a great brush, but for me something more for special occasions than everyday use.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by zakitis

so I got this brush as the suggestion of my beauty counter consultant. Today I went for a make up session and ask the make up artist to do one cheek side with shiseido brush, another with normal, flat foundation brush.
She said that the brush is new generation brush. The brush is very, very soft! its very tiny so if you want to make your make up look perfect, this is for you. The only thing what she said that this brush puts make up so naturally that some of my pores were still visible and she still had to use normal flat brush. Together those brushed worked out the magic. Totally flawless aplication! So the summary is, if you are looking for flawless skin look, this brush is a must have! however I would still use it as the first step of make up aplication and then I would go one more round with the flat brush. swiping motions up and down on your cheeks (this is the tip from my make up artist).this brush is a must have for all gadget make up lovers:) it make some longer time to apply however its definately worth to spend a minute more for more smooth skin look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 7:16:00 AM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lovely, short-handled, very densely bristled brush. The handle is well balanced. The bristles are very soft on your skin. You can use it with stippling motions and slide it (e.g. under your eyes, should you use foundation under your eyes). The brush head is very small (diameter approximately 13 mm) which makes it easy to use around the nose as well. The brush is so dense it applies great and with very little waste of product. The result is very natural and you can build product as desired. I wipe the brush with a tissue after each use. The brush is so dense it takes quite a long time to dry after a deep cleanse, something to keep in mind. A very, very nice foundation brush indeed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

When I first saw this brush, I was not blown away. I thought to myself, this looks a lot like the flat top powder brush by ELF, which costs a lot less. However, my thoughts changed when the SA at the Shiseido counter applied a layer of foundation with this brush.

Not only does this give such a non-streaky, even foundation layer, but it is very precise and the angle of this brush makes it so easy to apply. The bristles are not natural hair, but they are handmade together.

My foundation looks super smooth and flawless with this foundation. I like to stipple my foundation and lightly buff it and the angle and the dense bristles make it possible.

The handle is very nice. In fact, the whole brush is made of really nice quality as you can feel it when you use it. Not too heavy, not too light. The design of the brush is very simple yet elegant and efficient.

The only downside is that this brush is hard to wash because it is so dense that any foundation (especially creams and water-resistant/proof foundations) left behind leaves residue in the brush.

A bonus about this brush is that you can use this for all 3 kinds of foundation - powder, cream and even liquids! They say that you should not intermix the type of foundation without washing the brush first (use powder and then cream without washing) or else the brush will end up with a lot of residue at the end.

The brush was around $40 (I'm not too sure but it was around there)..a bit pricey, but I am in LOVE with this brush. I would definitely repurchase this brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by womanwarrior

Wow. This brush is unlike any other foundation brush on the market. I own the MAC paddle brush, 187, the Shu foundation brush, and I really didn't think I needed another. But the shape looked like it would be great for stippling on foundation... and it doesn't disappoint. The bezel is cylindrical, with densely packed synthetic hairs. And it's less than an inch across, which helps it get into the sides of the nose and gives really precise application. The thing that's different about this brush is that the hairs are cut at a slightly diagonal area, so you don't use it in a circular motion like a kabuki brush. Rather, you just tap the foundation onto your skin. I use it with Shiseido's cream compact foundation, which can look a little heavy applied with a sponge. With this brush, it's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by sweetdreamsb1atch

this is my HG foundation brush and also the very first one i have ever tried..this brush is so soft and smooth it will glide on your face like dream..if you have sensitive skin,then you will love this brush it does not scratches or itches your skin..with this brush you can get at least medium coverage with any sheer foundation or tinted moisturizer because it grabs foundation well, then lays it down quickly.,.. in other words, you can get medium-to-dense coverage in less time. ..and what is more amazing about it ,you can use it with all formulations - liquid, cream or powder... the brush is short but mighty and that makes it perfect for travel..the head is very densely packed with bristles that feel so soft and natural to the touch. the tip is slanted so that it can fit the contours of the face....the upper edge fits nicely into small niches, such as around the nose....the finish you get with this brush is flawless ,impeccable,smooth and airbrushed...believe me, it made my foundation look alot better.... highly recommended and will deffinitely repurchase

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Euniqued

I'm so glad I caved and bought this after all the rave reviews by beauty editors! The first thing I noticed was how SMALL this brush was compared to all my other brushes. I have previously used both MAC flat-top kabuki and stippling brushes, as well as the Sigma sigmax brushes (including the angled kabuki and flat-top kabuki brushes) and this brush outperforms them both! It also works better than the beauty blender (original) in delivering a flawless finish. It takes a little longer then the other brushes I've used, but around the same time as the beauty blender usually takes me. It is an absolute joy to use as I am constantly amazed at how beautiful and glowing my skin looks afterwards.

I moisturise then dab 4 small areas of foundation on my face with my fingers (both cheeks, forehead and chin), and use this brush to PAT it into my skin in the areas closest to the centre of my face that need the most coverage, before blending slowly outwards to areas that don't require as much coverage. It's the first time I've done this but it works amazingly - the trick is not to apply product to the back of the hand and picking up product this way, as the brush is very dense and will pick up all the product and spread it inefficiently this way.

This brush gives me the most flawless finish I've ever experienced (Have only tried liquid foundation and concealer with this brush - it's an all in one though, apparently you can use it to blend concealer, foundation and also powder, but I don't powder every day). Yet to try powdering with it also, but am looking forward to seeing how it performs.

The only cons I can think of are that it takes a little longer to do my foundation (maybe 2 minutes more than usual - around 4 minutes altogether) and the price was a little steep ($50 AUS). Highly recommend this product if you're sitting on the fence about this one girls!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Scotiabelle

Fantastic brush. The best foundation brush I've used. Better than mac better than beauty blender. A dream finish flawless.