April 17, 2014 | 988 users online

Mascara - New York Color - Sky Rise Lengthening Mascara

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Performs about as well as I’d expect a $2-mascara to perform. It does on okay job of lengthening and lifting/curling my lashes. It doesn’t add a ton of length or any volume, and it doesn’t really layer well for me (it just gets clumpy the more I apply). It’s best for a natural look. The formula is a little on the dry side. At first I just thought I got an older/dried out tube, but I think this is just meant to have a drier formula. I am not a fan of the cone-shaped spiral brush (I like my brushes a little ‘fluffier’). It doesn’t flake or fade, and the smudging is minimal throughout the day. It’s only ‘okay’; I wouldn’t repurchase or recommend. For a similar price point, I’ve used mascaras from Wet n Wild that I’ve liked better, or for a few dollars more, I can get one of my favorite drugstore mascaras on sale.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by StellaRose13

I was running out of my usual mascara, and funds were low, so I grabbed this one. $2 for a tube? Yes please! However, it doesn't give the extreme length and drama I like to have. It is good for the days I want to look natural, but still wear a bit of makeup. It's not for me, but I'd recommend it to either women who just want a little added flare, or to young girls who are just starting to wear makeup. With this one, you can't go overboard with the amount you put on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

I have been legitimately interested in buying a mascara for $1.72 for a long time, and I have been keeping an eye on this one. The price is obviously incredible. Anybody can afford this! As for the actual performance, I did not agree that this made my lashes reach the sky at all- it did a poor defining job. This should be renamed a "barely-there" lengthening mascara, because it got hardly any product on my lashes to even look like there was a difference. It flakes a lot, and even though it doesn't smudge, it doesn't stay on for very long. The formula is rather dry, so it won't have a super long shelf life. I hate to be the party pooper here, and especially that everyone has been saying that NYC is starting to come out with good mascaras now. I ust don't like this one- I'll try another one and see how it goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Reemo

I looooove this mascara! It's amazing. Ive used MAC and Clinuque mascara products and this is by far the best mascara I have used! It makes my eyelashes so long and it doesn't clump them all together. Best ever!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by 1000allycat

i really like this mascara a lot my friends asked me if i can find them a real cheap good quality mascara other than great lash because that irritated there eyes i mainly use expensive mascara so i decide use one like this because it was on sell for 99 cents cheap and i heard it will not irradiate the eyes and it doesn't. this shiz is the bomb i will continue buy oh and a lot of people thought i was using false lashes the most best intensive mascara i used yet ;D

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by OhsnappitsEm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is mascara is just so so, ive tried many better drugstore mascaras but this is only a dollar so you can't expect too much from it. This claims to lenthen lashes and says its suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lense wearers which I am both. This also says that it strengthes lashes. The length I get with this mascara is decent and it doesnt irritate my eyes at all it also doesnt smudge or flake during the day. However I do have some trouble with this mascara.First of all this is only available in one shade and it would have been nice if there was more vararity. Once you pull the wand out of the tube it has alot of excess product on it that I have to wipe off. When I first got this mascara It applied nicely but over time it starts to get very clumpy even when I do wipe excess product off. I havent noticed my lashes getting any stronger and with this mascara I tend to lose a few more lashes when removing it. Due to this I will not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by peggy1234

There are so many great mascaras out there that I love. I tried this because it was cheap and rated high on MUA. I wish I had put the 2 dollars toward a better mascara. It did not do much of anything and I have long lashes so they do not need much help to look good. Everyone else seems to like this but for me it was just ok and not great.
Update I must give credit to the fact that it did not run or flake. It was good for a natural look.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by gpgroupie1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's hard for me to start this reveiw, I believe the best way to do this is to do a pros and cons list.

PRO:
Cheap as all heck! A dollar something!
The brush is perfect for me. Makes it easy to apply.
Easy to build.
Skinny tube, so it fits easily in my makeup bag
CON:
It isn't dark enough!
Takes a long time to build the color
Formula is too thin.

Ok, for someone who uses mascara so seldomly, this might work for me. But the cons are actually big cons. I HATE that it's not dark enough, and that it's too thin. I sometimes wear mascara with falsies, but when I'm not, and I want just to darken my lashes, this doesn't do a good enough of a job.
I have very short lashes, and mascaras never really make that much of a dramatic difference for me to be nit-picky. I only use it when I want extra dark definition around my eyes. Maybe I'll find another one, but I love the brush, and the shape of the tube. That usually is enough to for me to repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty nice cheapo mascara! I decided to try it because I love lengthening mascaras and Im rather impressed by this one. The wand is almost the same as maybellines "great lash (originial)" wand but the mascara itself is not liquidy its more creamy. I tend to lean more towards mascara that are more watery than creamy but over all I think I will use it anyways! The only downside is that this mascara only comes in one color (very black) and I like using mascaras that are dark brown to be more natural! So I will probably go back to the great lash again when this is gone.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by MiaMore84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ive tried HE and DS mascaras, being a mascara junkie, and this little gem is definitely on my list of keepers. It goes on super smooth and long, buildable volume even for a lengthening mascara. The only thing that I could change is that it doesn't do the best job at holding a curl :(