New York Color Sky Rise Lengthening Mascara

Price: $

on 9/26/2012 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Just didn't do anything for my lashes, had to keep combing through get any length and then it wasnt much. Zero volume which I really didnt expect much volume since this is just a lengthing formula but something would have been nice.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

didnt do anything for my short, sparse asian lashes...looks as if it just gave it a tint....didnt hold a curl....thank goodness it was dirt cheap

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Sky Rise is excellent! I get compliments whenever I wear it because it makes my eyelashes look long & false - in a good way. I was not expecting this mascara to be as nice as it is; however, if you apply more than a coat or two or if you use it with another mascara, it'll get clumpy. The black & pinky-gold packaging is cute & sleek-looking. The wand & brush are pretty slim & they worried me at first, but they work well.

The only complaint or con I have with it is that because the formula is thin, it does get a little gloopy & messy. I have to wipe off excess each time I put the wand back in. In any case, for the little money you'll spend you'll get an awesome mascara. As far as drugstore mascaras go, this is one of the best you can get. I actually liked it so much, I bought two tubes without realizing it.

on 8/7/2012 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

pretty good mascara! I thought I'd try the cheapest mascara at CVS at only $1.99 (though I got it for 99 after the BOGO) to see if was any good, and sure enough, it is! it doesn't really give much volume, but since it's marketed as just a lengthening mascara, I can't complain. and it sure lengthens! NYC Sky Rise mascara gives me long Kim Kardashian lashes (I'm not a fan of her but she has great eyelashes, lol). the only reason I took off a lippie is because the mascara tends to gather at the top of the tube and needs to be wiped off each time I use it before putting the wand back in, or else it'll spill out and make a mess. but for the low price and good performance, I hardly mind.

I bought this when looking for Instant lash by NYC and it was out of stock. I thought, hey, same company! The formula can't be all THAT different, right? Wrong. This stuff flakes off everywhere on me, and I get raccoon eyes by lunch time. I'm in the medical field, I'm running around all day, and I'm expected to look like I've got everything under control. This mascara doesn't do that for me. While it does look very natural, and the price is certainly right, I won't be repurchasing. I'll wait until Instant Lash is back in stock.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i got this mascara a couple of days ago on a whim because it doesnt hurt to have a couple of opened mascaras at the same time. this mascara is extremely natural, its lengthening and it could get a little clumpy when you put on a couple more coats of it. it doesnt give my lashes the spidery look, gives them a little bit of volume but i would say after two coats of it, it gives quite a bit of length! i wouldnt repurchase it because its not outstanding but i do recommend it if you want to try it! it barely flakes or smudges. and its usually on sale at walmart for 5 dollars with city curls mascara, great if you just want a natural look but nothing dramatic!

on 7/21/2012 2:46:00 AM

This is such an upgrade from NYC's former lengthening mascara in the little grey tube. The old formula smudged and flaked, but this one doesn't. While this isn't 'Sky Rise', it still defines my lashes and darken them. I really like the brush. Its a good size to apply mascara. However it really isn't a lengthening mascara, despite the claims. It just does a very basic cheap mascara would do. My lashes aren't the shortest of short, but they only appear 3/4 of their actual length because I have single eyelids, and my lashes rolls in a bit. This mascara helps to bring them back out, with minimal clumping. This mascara would also be perfect for those who already have nice lashes, and just want to enhance them without looking dramatic or too long. However, I still find this to smudge a bit, or else I would have gave this mascara a 3. The price is amazing though!:). So overall, not bad.

on 7/15/2012 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I'm on the fence about this mascara. It's not bad and it's not good. After seeing the fantastic reviews on Make Up Alley I was extremely excited to buy this mascara.
This mascara is cheap, so I wasn't squeamish about buying it. If I didn't like the mascara it wasn't going to be like a huge loss. I only paid $2 CDN for it.
The packaging is actually very nice. The packaging is sleek, slim and thin. It's sophisticated and understated a nice change from the other ridiculously shaped and brightly coloured mascaras out there on the market.
The brush scared me because of how thin it was. I like big brushes like Rimmel London's Extra Wow Lash Brush, and the Sky Rise brush was the exact opposite of that. Though it actually combs through my lashes neatly.
The formula is dry, which was a plus in my book as I hate runny formulas.
What I like about this mascara is the fact that it does darken my lashes, lengthens them and seperates them in a lovely way. Of course because this is a lengthening mascara, it doesn't do too much in the way of giving me volume so I just top it with a volumizing mascara to give me that extra oompf.
I like this mascara because it does what it promises and lengthens my lashes.
Though I will not be repurchasing as I have a wandering eye and love to try new products.

on 7/15/2012 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

General information about my eyes: warm-toned darker skin with inwardly-folded semi-mono asian eyelids.

First of all, my lashes are pretty long, and I have black hair, so I don't find myself needing to use mascara all that often. As a casual user, I am completely satisfied with this mascara, especially at the price. I suspect it won't really satisfy someone who uses mascara daily, however, and was really looking to lengthen their eyelashes significantly.

The best part about this product is the price. The black is, for what I can tell on black lashes, opaque, and does a nice job of defining my lashes. It also doesn't dry out very quickly if you don't pump the wand in the bottle, so the product can last you for a while.

What it doesn't do well is hold a curl on my relatively straight and stubborn lashes. It also doesn't seem to lengthen them significantly. Also, the brush that comes with the product isn't very good at separating the lashes; I always go over them with my personal lash brush after putting on the mascara, to prevent an overly artificial "spider legs" look.

If you're going for a natural look and you have your own lash brush - which is a good cheap investment anyway - this is a fine, satisfying "generic" mascara of good quality for the price. It doesn't do what it advertises, though, and if you want a dramatic look, you'd probably be better off using a more expensive product.

on 6/15/2012 7:06:00 PM

I must say this product does NOT make your eyelashes longer. I bought this and immediately I was looking for a new kind to try. It does for sure make your eyelashes darker. That I liked because my eyelashes arent very noticeable. I might consider buying this again if I wanted something to just darken up my lashes. Otherwise it is a no go.

Popular Mascaras