July 30, 2014 | 987 users online

Mascara - New York Color - Sky Rise Lengthening Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by CoCoDebonair

Well. I must say that I'm impressed. Since I'm cutting back on what I spend towards beauty products I figured this would a great time to see what lower priced brands has the same quality as higher prices brands. After seeing this for $1.99 I figured if I doesn't work I wouldn't feel bad at all. But to my surprise. (I just applied it) This stuff actually works. After being GLUED to Clinique's High Impact mascara & L'Oreal's Double Extend w/ Lash Boosting Serum. I will say this will be going on my list of favs. The package is ultra slim and I love that the brush is just right. The formula is actually pretty good too, it catches onto my lashes well and it's nice for building. Without putting on any primer I noticed that my lashes were noticeably longer and a bit more flirty if I might add. My lashes are a bit short so I'm glad to say that the 60% longer lashes claim on the packaging is actually correct (at least for me). It's worth a try, it might even become your HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by mmmakeupfreakkk

omg i loooooovvvvvee thhisss mascara like soo much !! i love the packaging and how the wand it soo long, its girly and cute and i love the overalll result it gives my lashes. it dosent make em clumpy nor toooo damn long like some mascaras doo, and i love the dark brown shade it has! its preetty cheap and i woulld DEFINITIVELY buy this product like there is nooo tommorow!! :) love it (:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by takemyhusbandplz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you're in the market for a drier type of lengthening mascera this is for you. There's nothing my baby fine lashes hate more than a wet, gloppy mascera. I also purchased this in an "emergency" situation as my usual mascera (L'oreal's Telescopic in Carbon Black) was out of stock. Since this mascera is dirt cheap (around $2), I figured if it didn't work I wasn't out much. At first I didn't like it as it didn't seem to separate my lashes enough. Then I used the wand from my Telescopic mascera instead, and it worked awesome. It does lengthen lashes and the black shade is a very deep black. It seems to last all day with out flaking or smudging too. The only gripe I have is that it drys even faster than my Telescopic mascera so if you don't put it on quickly it can give you Tammy Faye Baker lashes if you're not careful and I don't like the wand it comes with. Overall, though for a miserly $2 I can work quick and use my Telescopic wand.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by sherria719

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For the first time ever I picked this mascara up at Family Dollar because it was an "emergency" and I didn't want to stop anywhere else. Normally I wouldn't take the chance to buy this at a dollar store thinking it would be an inferior product but found that I loved it! No clumping, flaking, or breaking off, yet still makes your lashes long and beautiful. By far my favorite even among all the big name brands I've been buying for years!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2012 9:35:00 AM More reviews by gleekie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

There is only one thing that stops me from claiming this product as my HG...it lengthens, is cheap, pretty black. The brush is small but not wimpy, it's easy to get into small corners. Can be layered for volume. And then....a week after I fell in love with this product..I discovered NYC (New York Color) isn't cruelty free. Theyre owned by coty, well known animal testers. On their site it says they do not test, but they're not listed as cruelty free on PETA or leaping bunny. And reading between the lines, you see they admit they do some testing, or at least don't deny it. I know some of you won't care (judging from all the positive reviews on maybelline, loreal, and Covergirl products) but I hope one of you understands an animal was tortured, traumatized, and killed at a point to make this product. I hope some of you will deposit of this mascara as I have, and boycott this company as well as others. I hate to shove my beliefs or preach but idk discovering this kind of upset me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by serena63

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this when I couldn't find NYC Instant Lash. Love how it looks for the first few hours, but by the end of the day it has smudged beneath my eyes. Except for that, it's a really nice mascara, especially for the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Moodyone

$1.72 at WalMart. I tried this because I am cheap and I like to try new mascaras. This isn't bad for being so cheap. It isn't the best I've tried but it certainly isn't the worst. I think it is worth the price. My favorite mascaras are the volumnizing type and this doesn't do that a whole lot. However it will do in a pinch and I'm glad I tried it. Its alright.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Performs about as well as I’d expect a $2-mascara to perform. It does on okay job of lengthening and lifting/curling my lashes. It doesn’t add a ton of length or any volume, and it doesn’t really layer well for me (it just gets clumpy the more I apply). It’s best for a natural look. The formula is a little on the dry side. At first I just thought I got an older/dried out tube, but I think this is just meant to have a drier formula. I am not a fan of the cone-shaped spiral brush (I like my brushes a little ‘fluffier’). It doesn’t flake or fade, and the smudging is minimal throughout the day. It’s only ‘okay’; I wouldn’t repurchase or recommend. For a similar price point, I’ve used mascaras from Wet n Wild that I’ve liked better, or for a few dollars more, I can get one of my favorite drugstore mascaras on sale.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by StellaRose13

I was running out of my usual mascara, and funds were low, so I grabbed this one. $2 for a tube? Yes please! However, it doesn't give the extreme length and drama I like to have. It is good for the days I want to look natural, but still wear a bit of makeup. It's not for me, but I'd recommend it to either women who just want a little added flare, or to young girls who are just starting to wear makeup. With this one, you can't go overboard with the amount you put on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

I have been legitimately interested in buying a mascara for $1.72 for a long time, and I have been keeping an eye on this one. The price is obviously incredible. Anybody can afford this! As for the actual performance, I did not agree that this made my lashes reach the sky at all- it did a poor defining job. This should be renamed a "barely-there" lengthening mascara, because it got hardly any product on my lashes to even look like there was a difference. It flakes a lot, and even though it doesn't smudge, it doesn't stay on for very long. The formula is rather dry, so it won't have a super long shelf life. I hate to be the party pooper here, and especially that everyone has been saying that NYC is starting to come out with good mascaras now. I ust don't like this one- I'll try another one and see how it goes.