November 29, 2014 | 945 users online

Mascara - New York Color - Sky Rise Lengthening Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by fihe

pretty good mascara! I thought I'd try the cheapest mascara at CVS at only $1.99 (though I got it for 99 after the BOGO) to see if was any good, and sure enough, it is! it doesn't really give much volume, but since it's marketed as just a lengthening mascara, I can't complain. and it sure lengthens! NYC Sky Rise mascara gives me long Kim Kardashian lashes (I'm not a fan of her but she has great eyelashes, lol). the only reason I took off a lippie is because the mascara tends to gather at the top of the tube and needs to be wiped off each time I use it before putting the wand back in, or else it'll spill out and make a mess. but for the low price and good performance, I hardly mind.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 1:11:00 AM More reviews by happylynngilmer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this when looking for Instant lash by NYC and it was out of stock. I thought, hey, same company! The formula can't be all THAT different, right? Wrong. This stuff flakes off everywhere on me, and I get raccoon eyes by lunch time. I'm in the medical field, I'm running around all day, and I'm expected to look like I've got everything under control. This mascara doesn't do that for me. While it does look very natural, and the price is certainly right, I won't be repurchasing. I'll wait until Instant Lash is back in stock.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Makeupobsession22

i got this mascara a couple of days ago on a whim because it doesnt hurt to have a couple of opened mascaras at the same time. this mascara is extremely natural, its lengthening and it could get a little clumpy when you put on a couple more coats of it. it doesnt give my lashes the spidery look, gives them a little bit of volume but i would say after two coats of it, it gives quite a bit of length! i wouldnt repurchase it because its not outstanding but i do recommend it if you want to try it! it barely flakes or smudges. and its usually on sale at walmart for 5 dollars with city curls mascara, great if you just want a natural look but nothing dramatic!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2012 2:46:00 AM More reviews by tamedDOLL

This is such an upgrade from NYC's former lengthening mascara in the little grey tube. The old formula smudged and flaked, but this one doesn't. While this isn't 'Sky Rise', it still defines my lashes and darken them. I really like the brush. Its a good size to apply mascara. However it really isn't a lengthening mascara, despite the claims. It just does a very basic cheap mascara would do. My lashes aren't the shortest of short, but they only appear 3/4 of their actual length because I have single eyelids, and my lashes rolls in a bit. This mascara helps to bring them back out, with minimal clumping. This mascara would also be perfect for those who already have nice lashes, and just want to enhance them without looking dramatic or too long. However, I still find this to smudge a bit, or else I would have gave this mascara a 3. The price is amazing though!:). So overall, not bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Gossijay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence about this mascara. It's not bad and it's not good. After seeing the fantastic reviews on Make Up Alley I was extremely excited to buy this mascara.
This mascara is cheap, so I wasn't squeamish about buying it. If I didn't like the mascara it wasn't going to be like a huge loss. I only paid $2 CDN for it.
The packaging is actually very nice. The packaging is sleek, slim and thin. It's sophisticated and understated a nice change from the other ridiculously shaped and brightly coloured mascaras out there on the market.
The brush scared me because of how thin it was. I like big brushes like Rimmel London's Extra Wow Lash Brush, and the Sky Rise brush was the exact opposite of that. Though it actually combs through my lashes neatly.
The formula is dry, which was a plus in my book as I hate runny formulas.
What I like about this mascara is the fact that it does darken my lashes, lengthens them and seperates them in a lovely way. Of course because this is a lengthening mascara, it doesn't do too much in the way of giving me volume so I just top it with a volumizing mascara to give me that extra oompf.
I like this mascara because it does what it promises and lengthens my lashes.
Though I will not be repurchasing as I have a wandering eye and love to try new products.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Enkida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

General information about my eyes: warm-toned darker skin with inwardly-folded semi-mono asian eyelids.

First of all, my lashes are pretty long, and I have black hair, so I don't find myself needing to use mascara all that often. As a casual user, I am completely satisfied with this mascara, especially at the price. I suspect it won't really satisfy someone who uses mascara daily, however, and was really looking to lengthen their eyelashes significantly.

The best part about this product is the price. The black is, for what I can tell on black lashes, opaque, and does a nice job of defining my lashes. It also doesn't dry out very quickly if you don't pump the wand in the bottle, so the product can last you for a while.

What it doesn't do well is hold a curl on my relatively straight and stubborn lashes. It also doesn't seem to lengthen them significantly. Also, the brush that comes with the product isn't very good at separating the lashes; I always go over them with my personal lash brush after putting on the mascara, to prevent an overly artificial "spider legs" look.

If you're going for a natural look and you have your own lash brush - which is a good cheap investment anyway - this is a fine, satisfying "generic" mascara of good quality for the price. It doesn't do what it advertises, though, and if you want a dramatic look, you'd probably be better off using a more expensive product.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by nikkimarie37

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I must say this product does NOT make your eyelashes longer. I bought this and immediately I was looking for a new kind to try. It does for sure make your eyelashes darker. That I liked because my eyelashes arent very noticeable. I might consider buying this again if I wanted something to just darken up my lashes. Otherwise it is a no go.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by mmmakeupfreakkk

omg i loooooovvvvvee thhisss mascara like soo much !! i love the packaging and how the wand it soo long, its girly and cute and i love the overalll result it gives my lashes. it dosent make em clumpy nor toooo damn long like some mascaras doo, and i love the dark brown shade it has! its preetty cheap and i woulld DEFINITIVELY buy this product like there is nooo tommorow!! :) love it (:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by takemyhusbandplz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you're in the market for a drier type of lengthening mascera this is for you. There's nothing my baby fine lashes hate more than a wet, gloppy mascera. I also purchased this in an "emergency" situation as my usual mascera (L'oreal's Telescopic in Carbon Black) was out of stock. Since this mascera is dirt cheap (around $2), I figured if it didn't work I wasn't out much. At first I didn't like it as it didn't seem to separate my lashes enough. Then I used the wand from my Telescopic mascera instead, and it worked awesome. It does lengthen lashes and the black shade is a very deep black. It seems to last all day with out flaking or smudging too. The only gripe I have is that it drys even faster than my Telescopic mascera so if you don't put it on quickly it can give you Tammy Faye Baker lashes if you're not careful and I don't like the wand it comes with. Overall, though for a miserly $2 I can work quick and use my Telescopic wand.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by sherria719

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For the first time ever I picked this mascara up at Family Dollar because it was an "emergency" and I didn't want to stop anywhere else. Normally I wouldn't take the chance to buy this at a dollar store thinking it would be an inferior product but found that I loved it! No clumping, flaking, or breaking off, yet still makes your lashes long and beautiful. By far my favorite even among all the big name brands I've been buying for years!