December 21, 2014 | 980 users online

Fragrances - Elie Saab-Le Parfum

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 7:11:00 AM More reviews by cocorocha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is an absolute likeable winner in modern perfumery for sure (jasmine and iris are the ''new rose'':)))...Mr. Kurkdjian has made a perfect loud but still very feminine orange caressing jasmine-perfume which someone could find very cloying and sweet while others maybe to dry and flowery...I'm on my side and my opinion is that this one is already seen (Mon Jasmin noir, APOM, even kinda Guccy by Gucci) synthetic, chemicaly induced orange with very posh jasmine flowers,some vanilla, bergamot,very strong musc and amber....
If you like APOM (whic is quite simmilar to this one) I think you might like Elie Saab Le Parfum..
after 15 minutes I feel very much resemblance with Gucci by Gucci...almost plasticky feeling on my skin....and hardcore orange (neroli) polen..
BUT if you're about to wear it in public,I'm positive there won't be a single person that won't sence that wondereful and sweet aroma this perfume has to offer...
for now (and since I own APOM), I'll settle with a decant...and later on...we'll see...

sillage is great and longievity is average on my skin (5-7 hrs)

be sure to try this one before you buy...and if you buy it, you will be pleased for sure..

(aaand after that- oh God- I bought it!!!it is perfect....I'm totally crazy about it!!!)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by encee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I can't speak as a user of this full product, a promoter spritzed this on my wrist. And I havvvve to comment. This is so #Chloe Love edp! What happened? I luve Chloe Love for its ultra-feminine cream bouquet kinda scent. A classy take on florals. But Elie Saab, u rate low in originality...not akin to the gorgeous dresses u're renowned for. Also, the drydown smells like another floral. Sorry Saab, am not feelin it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by amlang

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Orange blossom, with something woody/grassy trying to balance out the soapy/screechy. The first three minutes were awful, just a big-white-flower cacophany. Like I was being tackled by a whole defensive line of orange blossom. The more it dries down, the better I can tolerate it. After half an hour with my GWP sample, I feel...clean. But a bit synthetic.

And generic. I feel like I've been smelling this on people for years now. This one is about being different in the same way everyone else is different. Upbeat with a little sophistication--that's a pretty normal statement to want to make with your fragrance. I just think if you're willing to sample and experiment, you'll find lots of ways to "say" that.

This fragrance seems designed to satisfy along a bell curve. Most people will like it, at least until the next thing comes along. Spray it on and never think about it again for hours. They'll never worry that their perfume stands out; they'll find it reassuring that they smell it on others throughout the day. It won't last overnight, but it won't turn sour either. They could do a lot worse fragrance-wise with the $90-$120 they spent.

Here's the thing: for that money, you could find something more unique.

Fwiw, in Francis Kurkdjian's own line, I'm not a huge fan of his orange blossom offering (APOM). More coherent in general, and softer in the opening than Elie Saab. But eventually too much like shower gel. My favorite from him is Absolue pour le Soir. Unrepentantly naughty, and big enough to clear out a theater if you're not careful, but fascinating and with its own twist. .

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by lulu1974

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was so excited to try this orange based fragrance after sniffing a magazine scent strip. The top and middle notes were floral. Alas, the long lasting dry down was much like Thierry Mugler's Alien, a fragrance that smells like grape juice on me. Luckily, I did not purchase a bottle or it would have gone right back to the store.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

When I heard that Orange Blossom was contained in this fragrance, my eyes almost popped out of my head because orange blossom is my number one, best, favorite fragrance in the entire universe.
I could not wait to sample this. I did get my hands on a sample.
It is not orange blossomy at all. There is a note of citrus that I detect, but it is not orange blossom. This sadly doesn't work for me. Too headachey. REALLY headachey. It isn't the worst scent-it's somewhat powdery. I would say this is more of a fall/winter scent than a spring/summer because it isn't "soft". It has some good staying power. I gave it a stream of steady threes on the lipsticks because it isn't the worst scent by any means, but it isn't the best--and remember, this is subjective. The pricing is pretty average--so is the packaging. I would not purchase this--the sample lasted me long enough to make a judgement call on this scent. This winter I'll be sticking to my L'Instant.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

With all of the hype surrounding this fragrance, I decided to try it after sniffing it in Bazzar. It did linger, so it wasn't the price. It was how it lingered with my body chemistry that made me day "meehhhh". In a good way, reminded me of something my mother would wear. Maybe its just me, but I prefer a little more citrus or "zest" in my fragrances. Simply not for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2011 6:45:00 AM More reviews by flowerof59

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This shrieks....literally...very heavy. headache inducing, smell, reminds me of an old perfume I used to wear in the 70's at school.... Masume, but heavier....not for me at all, and the worst of all I cant scrub it off 24hrs later can still smell it lingering on my arm...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 10:02:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow! Le Parfum by Elie Saab must be one of the best frags issued this year. I just managed to smell it as it came out this week only only in Italy.
I'm glad I could sniff it as this is an experience! Well, seen the nose behind it, Mr Francis Kurkdjian, what could you expect, less than a masterpiece?
I may be a bit biased as I LOVE jasmine and orange blossom and these 2 notes are fairly predominant on the frag.
It starts off rich on the orange blossom, so the freshness strikes you, to reveal later a full jasmine heart.
Not sure if you are with me , but this frag reminded me of Ysatis at first sniff. It's in that kind of family.
So I would define it as a floriental, because the white flowers and the sweet, round rose are accompanied by a mix of woods and sort of ambery base in the drydown.
Absolutely wonderful, feminine (but not cloying or overpowering!) fragrance and a must have for jasmine and neroli lovers.
Stunning diamond facetted bottle, by the way. ____________
notes as per Osmoz:
top note Orange Blossom
middle note Jasmine, Sun-drenched Notes, Patchouli
base note Cedar, Honey, Woodsy Notes

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 9:59:00 AM More reviews by makeupinthenow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I first smelled this perfume in Bazaar magazine&loved it!Bloomingdales cannot keep this in stock.I haven't been impressed with any of the fragrances coming out recently.However,this perfume is incredible.The bottle is exquisite&the scent is pure luxury.Indulge,expensive but worth it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by KeyWestBum

I don't like fragrances with patchouli because it's so strong and reminds me of hippies. However, according to my nose, the patchouli in this isn't as powerful on me. The top note is Orange Blossom. The middle note is Sambac Jasmine and Jasmine Grandiflorum. The bottom notes are Cedar, Patchouli and Rose Honey. I was shocked actually to even remotely show any interest in this scent because I normally don't enjoy florals. I have to say, Elie Saab is a great little number just like one of those sparkely dresses that the desinger is known for! Each note with the exception of jasmine is medicore alone, imo. But the formulation of these notes together really makes a wonderful fragrance. Pricey, indeed but it's the only thing I can afford from Elie Saab.