Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Brush Collection - Eyes Starter Set

4.4

Synthetic Taklon

on 7/29/2013 5:20:00 PM

I'm not saying these brushes are bad, they're really not, but I don't really find this the best set of eye brushes ever.

The laydown brush is the best one for me, and that isn't like "the best" I've ever used or anything, it just suits my eyes the best as they are small and hooded.
The crease brush for me is close to useless for my eyes (but awesome for concealer and things because its' so densely packed) - my eyes as I've said are hooded and this brush is just huge...it doesn't really do anything for me except ruin my look to be honest. I will re-use it for concealer though.

The slanted brow brush I find no good at all for precision powder application... useless for that - too big and thick.
The liner brush is ok but it kinda looks like a childs paintbrush... not the best I've ever used at all. Too long and flimsy.

The little detail brush is ok too, but nothing amazing.... I'm very meh about these brushes really, I find that Samatha Chapmans eye brushes are so lacking, almost like they've been really ill thought out.

They are ok and all, but I'm just not that impressed personally. I like that they are cruelty free but they don't help me put eyeshadow on better. The brushes themselves look kind of cheap to be honest. I'm on the fence really, for some people they'd be great - just give them a look over first, if you've got a bigger eyelid then me then I think you'd like them. I just don't because I find them to be bad for small lids.

on 7/29/2013 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I'm not going to lie.. I bought these mainly for the deluxe crease brush to use with concealer! And I'm so glad I did!
The deluxe crease brush is a bit too big for me to use in the crease so it is primarily used for concealer and it gives great coverage and finish.
The base shadow brush is just lovely. I use it for either a wash of colour or for highlighting under the brow, I have even used it in the crease and it's amazing for all.
The pixel point eyeliner, for me, is the downfall for this set. The brush is huge! I won't be using it for eyeliner but I'd love to find a use for it!
The accent brush is pretty nice, it's a great size for highlighting the inner corner and for applying eyeshadow on the lower lashline.
I rarely use the brow brush, it's somewhat big. I have used it for the lower lashline and it's quite nice.
I bought these on iHerb and saved myself about €10 so that just makes these brushes even better lol
The quality of these brushes is just fantastic and I would definitely buy the set again!

on 7/20/2013 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love them especially the angled brush for my eyebrows.. Price is unabelievable

on 7/19/2013 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Every now and then, I get the urge to haul certain makeup items. I got a lemming for some new brushes, but didn't feel like spending an arm and a leg. These are a great bang for your buck. A majority of my makeup brushes are MAC, and when compared to these, I can most definitely feel the quality difference...but that is not to say that these are "bad" or "cheap" brushes. I like how these are synthetic and can be used for both powder and cream products. For the price, they are soft and well made. They wash very well and dry quickly. If you're just starting a brush collection, or just want to expand your HE stash with new pretties, these are a great buy.

on 6/27/2013 4:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

These brushes are of the highest quality I've ever come across. They are the perfect amount of stiffness and are very consistent in quality. Basically, all the brushes feel like I'm rubbing puppies on my face. They are synthetic the price is $18.00 in the US (On website.) The Base Shadow Brush is very similar to the MAC 217, though u feel it's of higher quality. It's very versatile. You can use it to apply color to your lid, you can you it to apply a crease color, and can use it to blend shadow. I've also used for concealer and it works well. The Deluxe Crease Brush is great for blending in concealer! I also use it to blend eyeshadow. The Accent Brush can be used for detailing on the eye, inner corner highlight, lip brush, and for concealer. The Pixel-Point Eyeliner Brush is nice if I want a smokey liner, but I love doing very precise cat eye looks, so this brush doesn't get much use from me personally. The Brow Brush is the brush I use the least in the set because I like a very thin line at the end of my brow. This brush can't make the look because it is quite thick. Overall, I think these are the best brushes money can buy! HIGHLY RECOMMEND! :)

on 6/11/2013 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't think everyone will, but I use all the brushes daily. I think they're great at doing what they're meant to do. I've heard quite a few people saying the eyeliner brush is very large, but I've tried it and I think it works great for eyeliner. Go real techniques!

on 6/8/2013 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is the perfect brush for gel eyeliner. It gets so close to my lash line. It is sturdy yet gentle.

on 5/15/2013 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I absolutely LOVE these brushes! I have three sets (this one, the Core Collection set, and the Travel Essentials set) and love all of the brushes. They're high quality and affordable. I recommend these brushes to all of my friends.

on 5/7/2013 11:21:00 PM

These are all synthetic, and more geared towards cream products in my opinion.
The base brush is my favourite as I tend to use cream shadows every single day. Not so great with the 'hard' consistency of certain shadows (Color Tattoos, some BeneFit Creaseless . . . )
Deluxe Crease brush is definitely the best crease brush I've ever used. It deposits the perfect amount of colour and also blends out the shadow at the same time.
Eyeliner brush is a bit of a hit and miss since it's not 'pixel point' per se. I use it with coloured liners as I like using thicker lines with non-black/browns.
Brow brush is too long for my brows but still works in a pinch.
Accent/Detail brush is fantastic for applying cream/powder highlight in the inner corner and also blending out eyeliners

on 5/4/2013 7:02:00 PM

I love all these brushes a lot, The only one I don`t care too much for is the pixel point brush, which is too thick for eyeliner application, but the other ones are amazing!
I use the base shadow brush for normal, powder eyeshadow and since I have a small crease, it fits perfectly into it. I use the deluxe crease for concealer and since it is so dense it gets right into the under eye area. I use the angled brush for my brows and the accent brush for under the lower lashline. THEY ARE AMAZING

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products