Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator

Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ascorbyl Glucoside, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Extract, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Morus Bombycis (Mulberry) Root Extract, Trametes Versicolor Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Salicylic Acid, Caffeine, Cholesterol, Acetyl Glucosamine, Squalane, Yeast Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Isohexadecane, PEG-6, Dimethoxytolyl Propylresorcinol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Polysorbate 20, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Polysorbate 80, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Sulfite, Sodium Metabisulfite, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Di-C12-18 Alkyl Dimonium Chloride, Fragrance, Tromethamine, Tin Oxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Linalool, Limonene, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine

on 9/18/2012 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am allergic to this. dont know if anyone has the same problem. every time i used it, my face would have bad redness on the cheek. so i stopped trying and threw it away...........

on 9/5/2012 2:09:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've been using this for 2 days now, I know I will have to edit at some point. I usually wait to write a review but I've had constant mild to moderate acne. The morning after the first night I used it my skin was clear! I didn't use anything else like sulfur mask or spot treatments. Day 2 and my skin is still smooth and recent acne marks are starting to flatten. This seems like a miracle to me and I hope I'm not premature about my rave reviews. We'll see. For now I'm happy. I originally bought this to help my discoloration but had no idea it was going to help my pimples.

on 9/2/2012 12:18:00 PM

I love this product! I've been using it daily for 2.5 months and my skin has been completely transformed.

The only thing I'm not crazy about is the shimmer, so I've actually been using this as my night treatment instead of using it during the day.

I have been suffering from breakouts since I was a teenager and I've tried everything (prescription and over the counter products) and this is the first time my skin has ever been so clear. I broke out a bit at first (about the 3rd week), but I think it was my skin's way of eliminating a lot of built up "gunk" in my pores (similar to the breakouts you get when you start using a Px like Retin-A). I'm happy I was patient and stuck with it!

My skin is softer, clearer and smoother. I used to have dry & oily skin that was also sensitive and it's now finally "normal".

However, I have one dark spot on my face (from the sun) that isn't going away very quickly. So while this product is meant to reduce dark spots, in my case it's been better at clearing up my skin overall than eliminating one dark spot.

I highly recommend this for anyone who is looking for a gentle way to clear up their skin.

The rest of my routine includes Cetaphil to wash, EL Time Zone eye cream and EL Daywear SPF15. And I am no longer using any acne treatments, only Idealist.

on 8/25/2012 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have to agree with some of the previous reviews. I've been using ths twice a day with no improvement as far as darks spots go. My skin does feel soft and smooth, but I purchased this to fade dark spots.from sun exposure. :(

on 8/15/2012 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I have been using this for 8 weeks now AM & PM and I have not seen any significant result with my hyper-pigmentation. My skin looks the same still uneven. So disappointed and it is not cheap! I would return this if I could.

on 8/15/2012 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Have slight dark spots on my jawline thanks to hormones. I wanted this to work so badly. Wanted an over the counter product I could easily get without ordering online or going to specialty store even though the EL is pricey. I tried it solid for 3 months, going thru nearly 2 full size bottles and absolutely no improvements. Didn't even do anything to improve slight redness marks from some old pimple sites.
Not worth the money or trouble.

on 8/5/2012 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Came with a GWP and have been using for 10 days now and definitely noticed a difference in my skin tone. I have ‘English rose’ skin that is generally even with slight redness under my eyes and around my nose. It gets aggravated easily too. I have tried the EL Idealist Pore minimising serum and had terrible results with that (little pimples came up and flaky skin), but I do use the EL Adv night repair concentrate. I wasn’t however expecting much from this, but followed the instructions from the website that say to start using it twice a day. When just using in the morning, didn’t notice too much difference, however when I started using it at night as well – wow the next day! Literally NO redness around my nose. A little around my eyes, but with a bit of concealer I was confident enough ot head outside with no foundation on. Will be using up the rest of the trial size and ordering a full size – much to my annoyance as it is a little pricey. But the results were worth it for me.

on 6/22/2012 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

What this product ended up being to me is very, very expensive shimmer for my face. And if I wanted that, I would have bought the cheap ELF stuff from Target, because their whipped illuminator product essentially does the same thing that this did for me.

I'm generally not someone who gets too angry when a product with claims like this does not work out--I mean, there's only so much a serum is going to do. I accept that. But to charge THIS price for it?! This is probably not a product I would have bought myself, but I received a bottle as a part of a gift. I used it consistently for three months, when I realized that it was just not doing anything. The claim by Lauder is that if used consistently for 12 straight weeks (three months, as I did), it will give you a more even, glowing skintone, reduce dark spots, etc. It did none of that--absolutely nothing. And, based on the reviews here, it would seem that I am not the only person who had that problem--you can make a valid argument about products working differently on different types of skin, but if this many people are having issues with it, then there is a serious problem. This is a product that, depending on the size that you get, can run you up to $158, not including tax/shipping. That is, quite simply, not acceptable, not to mention surprising for a brand with the history and reputation of Estee Lauder.

The product, essentially, gives you a shimmery golden golden glow from the sparkles that are in it. While this would be nice if it was, say, a bronzer, it's not--it's supposed to be making my skin glow on its own, with no products. I didn't have problems with breakouts or anything, which is not a given for me acne-prone skin. It isn't really moisturizing, but it's a serum, so it makes sense that it would just be one step in your routine. The packaging is, as with all Lauder products, absolutely lovely.

I guess that if you're one of the very few people who have had a positive experience with this product, that's great. But for the rest of us, it just seems like a colossal waste of money, not to mention a misleading ad campaign. You're better off with the Garnier dark spot fader, which worked significantly better for me. I'd love to see the research that went into this product, to see if they have the scientific justification for the pricetag.

on 6/22/2012 10:27:00 AM

- A great product that helped to even my skin tone - removing freckles, redness and whatnot!

- As an added bonus, it gives a shimmery finish on application! :)

- A bit pricey

It does however, have to be used rigorously for quite a number of weeks before any observable effects can be seen.

on 6/19/2012 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Complete waste of money on this product.
I'm asian with medium brown complexion, i have very dry skin esp. on my face so scars don't fade away quickly or completely. i also have uneven skin tone, sun spots. I paid $70 at belk's & i'm going to finish the bottle & then trash it.

Popular Treatments (Face)