July 23, 2014 | 1991 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by yilynn

Pros:
- A great product that helped to even my skin tone - removing freckles, redness and whatnot!

- As an added bonus, it gives a shimmery finish on application! :)

Cons:
- A bit pricey

It does however, have to be used rigorously for quite a number of weeks before any observable effects can be seen.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by kavitabc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Complete waste of money on this product.
I'm asian with medium brown complexion, i have very dry skin esp. on my face so scars don't fade away quickly or completely. i also have uneven skin tone, sun spots. I paid $70 at belk's & i'm going to finish the bottle & then trash it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 6:52:00 AM More reviews by JCM123

So I was given a few sachets of this stuff and then....ahem...'borrowed' my mum's bottle of this and I have to say I am very impressed. I am always hesitant about trying new products as I tend to get very congested on my jaw line and chin and have finally got a routine working for me that means I am spot free (woohoo!). I found that this has not exacerbated any of my skin 'issues' at all. I am not sure I have seen any kind of dramatic improvement in tone, but what I love is the glow effect this stuff gives me.

I apply this on my face in the morning, with a bit of translucent powder on my -t-zone to help keep oilies at bay and I am good to go. I also like to mix a drop or two of this with my Invisible Fluid foundation to give me an even more glowing complexion on a night out. Been getting positive comments on my skin from both my husband and friends so it must be doing something good :0)

I am about to go and purchase my very own bottle today...as I finished mum's off (shhhh)

UPDATE: 30/08/2012 - I am not 100% convinced that this stuff does much to even out my skintone at all... but it does leave such a nice radiance to my skin, whilst keeping it matte to the touch that I do still like to mix this in with foundations to make them dewier and I also like to use this on days where I go foundation free but just want to have a lovely 'lit from within' sort of skin. There are many other products out there than achieve the same result, but as I have quite an oily t-zone this is one of the very few that doesn't make me a huge grease-ball by 12 pm :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by sohipithurts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I used this product for about a year and it did not help to even out my skin tone or to reduce redness. It did give off a nice shimmery finish that made my skin look like it was glowing, but with continued use the glowing look disappeared. This product was way too expensive and did little to improve the look of my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Psychadelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I was given 5 sachets of EL's Idealist Skintone Illuminator and by sachet 3, I knew I had to get this. My skin is blotchy at best of times - red cheeks, old acne scars, pigmentation marks, you name it! By sachet 5, my skin had gone through an incredible turnaround. My face is smoother, softer and the redness which I have suffered with for years is gone and so has most of the pigmentation marks! My acne scars are still there but they have faded considerably. Even my husband who is normally so blasť actually commented, twice(!) that my skin was looking so much clearer and better. This has been a lifesaver. I feel more confident now knowing that underneath this veil of makeup, I have good skin!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by suukyi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used two jars of this product until I decided to go on to something else and never go back. I think it's great in lightening acne scars, but the effects are temporary. I was told by an Estee Lauder rep that for this serum to be effective I should always use a moisturizer over it, and I followed these instructions but still didn't get the results I wanted.
Also, this makes my face look shiny even when I don't use makeup. I'd like for my skin to look translucent and luminous, but not in the sense of having green/yellow shinny glitter on my face. If I had to go out of the house without makeup, I'd rather go out without this product on.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by MariSun123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hi Girlies,
I'm absolutly buying this product again, it took away the redness and some pimple marks of my face with one week after using the product twice a day . AWESOME.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2012 1:24:00 AM More reviews by SlmS1992

I got this as a sample from David Jones. It didn't do much for my skin pigmentations. I use it every morning and my skin still seems to be the same . The only thing I like about it is the slight shimmer and glow it adds to my skin. Unlike some other reviews, it didnt break me out in acne. Won't be purchasing it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by vivapandora

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Not a fan of original idealist, but this one is great!
I have sensitive, acne prone skin, and discoloration from past breakout IS a concern for me. I love this stuff (can't believe the fragrance doesn't irritate my skin), I use it every morning now. Since getting my breakouts under control I appreciate the subtle golden shimmer that never makes me look sparkly, just radiant. It does seem to help with skin tone, but I am using a prescription retinal at night too (very good combo). I can mix it with my tinted moisturizer or foundation (smooth operator or amazonian both by tarte) or wear it alone under some sheer powder. It is great for layering or priming under makeup too. Super versatile, doesn't ball up or have trouble mixing. You can even mix it with sunscreen! It also makes the skin feel velvety smooth.
LOVE it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by VioletOrchid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

So this is supposed to "dramatically reduce the look of uneven skin tone" over time. I neither use this often enough nor really need it to notice a difference. I'm not sure why I bought, actually, but I am glad I did. I use retinol at night, and this in the AM either as a primer or in place of foundation. Like Burberry's Fresh Glow this has very, very fine shimmer, a lovely champagne pearlessence. It brings a little glow to my face and helps makeup last, although I don't believe it is properly a primer. This smells amazing and if I could use a similar smell as a light spray, I would. Lots of reviewers have commented that this broke them out very badly; the original Idealist does that to my face, I have no trouble with this.