April 20, 2014 | 1311 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Dior Addict EDP

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by ninanina

I am so no good at describing perfumes but I do know I'm a hard sell, so for me to stop, turn around, RUN to a counter to try something that I smell on someone else means something. I tried the new Belle Opium recently because I had smelled it on a woman and it was horrible on me. Addict comes along and just pulled me right in, it's rich and I mean RICH with woods and vanilla. It's a wonderful combination. It is the warmest scent I have ever worn and this is coming from a woman who 35 years ago swore she would never wear anything but Shalimar. Saying that, I only wish I had known about Addict years ago. It's with me forever, even if the name is horrible...this beautiful perfume deserves a lovely name, not that. Nothing harsh here, but lush, lush and I mean lush. And a p.s. oh yea men? they love this, oh yes they do. Try it, let is warm up and you'll see why Addict is perfection in a bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2011 1:02:00 AM More reviews by languagegames

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I dithered for a while on Addict- in theory, it seems like my perfect perfume and I have stubbornly tried to make it work. It's not as garish as people think- at least if you're wearing it right and it likes you. The drydown is very nice in its faintest stage- quite warm and vanilla-driven. However, that being said, waiting to get to that point is a trial for me. The opening is absolutely screechy; all I smell on my skin is dead, dry leaves and strong powder... the overall effect is oddly metallic. An hour or so later it does quiet, but still manages to holler rather than settle down nicely. (Sorry for the weird mixed metaphors.) I have known people who wear Addict really well and I envy them, but it seriously does not work for me. Dior's vanillas just don't. Addict pulls strangely synthetic with my skin chemistry, and Hypnotic Poison smells like a root beer float. Dior has already graced me with J'Adore- I'll stick to Shalimar and Victoria's Secret Cashmere for my vanilla fixes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by MUAdays

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Looove it. I'm a huge vanillafan, but the fruity or candysweet notes that often come with vanilla scents just don't do it for me. Addict whatsoever is a great match. It's warm, powdry, woody, sexy, but not breathtaking heavy nor giving me a sore throat (which happens whenever I smell Casmir, it is kinda... well, scratchy, sandy). It's more ''toasted honey'' than ''lollipop'', then again more a subtle ''moan'' than a velvet bombard. In my opinion it has a good balance between western style seductiveness and oriental whispers. I don't think it is ''brothelish'' at all and would totally wear this during the day as long as it's not at work.

(The only thing I don't like besides the price is its clumsy, mock-egyptian packaging. But I'll get over it. ;))

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 8:14:00 AM More reviews by alessiapasquali

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I first came across Dior addict when it was first released and I was around 13(far too young to pull off such a womanly scent!) and loved it, however being so young I moved on to other fragrances very quickly. It was only until i decided to take another smell of it many years later in Galleries Lafayette in Paris that I fell madly, truly and deeply in love with it(this was 4 years ago now so i have definately converted to a one perfume woman having always tired of perfumes after a while). It really is the most beautiful scent, with oriental orange blossom notes and a feminine vanilla undertone. It's a very difficult smell to be able to describe in writing so I urge all ladies to try it on when you are next passing a Dior counter. Its a very sexy, confident and feminine smell and I only wear it at night as it is a dark, sensual fragrance and i am not kidding when i say this MEN LOVE IT!!! I have never seen men react to perfume in this way it is a total man magnet as it is so sexy. I refuse to wear any other perfume on a night out! It is a strong fragrance so you don't need alot and it lasts all day(and night) so in that way, even though its expensive (come on you have to pay big for Dior!) it does last a long time. The deep blue bottle really reflects the mood of the perfume, dark and sensual. you can also lock the nozzle by twisting it which is great so you wont have any "lid came of in my bag/leakage" drama.
Sorry to have written such a long essay about this pefume but i have such a love affair with it that i couldn't help it! Be bold and brave women and wear this remarkable perfume with pride, you will not regret it and I guarantee you will always recieve compliments when wearing it! Dior Addict till the end!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

This is one of my favorite fragrances ever, and definitely one of Dior's best. I like this original version the best. It is spicy and sweet, and very sexy. It very potent, so use sparingly. It dries down to a beautiful scent, and has some interesting notes. There are 4 different versions of Dior Addict, but this to me is the best one, the rest are quite tame and more floral. This has a floral heart but it has a strong vanilla scent to it. I love love love this one. Hope they never discontinue it! Very sensual.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by tecumsum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow! This fragrance is hard to describe. I love it. It smells unlike anything that I have ever smelled. Not girly, but hard-core, down-right sexy and raunchy woman smell. I feel like a sexpot whenever I wear this. I've never worn it in the summer because it is strong. For some reason, I tend to gravitate towards heavy scents. This is definitely an attention-getter and a man magnet. The drydown is fascinating and captivating. Excellent sillage.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Holmes7575

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I wore this when it first came out... and loved it and for some reason over the years I forgot about it, and then I was trying to remember all the great perfumes Ive worn
And the ones that Men like and Dior Addict came to mind... oh how I could forget that winter it was a Wicked winter and I was wickedly sexy that winter... I had more men than I could handle. Kidding but it is a great smell rich, lush sweet, and spicy all at the same time... I thought Thierry Mugler Alien was my new HG for fall/winter but now I am back to an old friend... YEAH! Ladies it is worth a try. Works with my body chemistry that is very acidic... Great smelling man magnet sexy perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by kristinb64

This perfume is amazing. I went to Sephora to try it based on the great reviews. I knew I had to have it after one sniff! There is definitely vanilla in there, but I get more of a soft, sweet, powdery smell than anything else. It is SO classy and sophisticated. I've been wearing it to work for only an hour (just bought it today) and I've already gotten 3 compliments! This may just be my new signature. If you're looking for an elegant, classy, beautiful perfume... DEFINITELY give this one a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by russetandvermilion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow, i am so in love with Dior Addict!! I love that it smells expensive on and I love the smell of it on myself and others! It is not cloying or overpowering in any way. It has vanilla in it! The middle is called "Queen of the Night". That pretty much sums up how cool this fragrance is. Rich and delicious!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by OjosVerdes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is probably the closest Ill have to a signature scent, as I serially rotate fragrances as often as most people change clothes. However Ive loved, and frequently worn, Dior Addict for about 7 years, definitely making it one of the scents Ive stuck with the longest. I discovered it in the slightly stalker way I fall in love with all perfumes by catching the sillage in the air wafting off of another woman walking by, then chasing her down and begging her to tell me what shes wearing. Interestingly, I empathize with those who absolutely hate this when I visited a department store counter to sample this on my wrists, smelling it straight out of the bottle I was certain it could NOT be the same perfume I had run down a few days before it was cloying and suffocating, overly perfumy and headache inducing I drove home disappointed. However, Im glad I didnt scrub my wrists because after an hour had passed, it developed into something truly addicting. The top floral notes (which are what I believe offend so many people they come shrieking out of the bottle) dry down into comforting spicy, ambery woods and a smoky rich vanilla the transformation on my skin is really remarkable. This must be applied with a light hand I spray it in the air and walk through the mist once it has dissipated a bit and I still smell it the next morning it definitely has the greatest staying power of any perfume Ive ever tried. This is definitely a love it or hate it scent due to its power, and Id avoid wearing it if I worked in an office setting. Men love it, and Ive also been stalked on the street, out at night etc. multiple, multiple times. If you can get through the first 30 minutes, which smell pretty trashy, youll be rewarded with a pretty lovely, cozy vanilla that will have you compulsively sniffing your wrists all day.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No