Dior Dior Addict EDP

3.9

on 5/14/2012 12:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is so sophisticated, a grown-up vanilla fragrance. It is smoky and dark, not the gourmand type of vanilla at all. I just love, love. it so much. One of my all time favorites. Some people say it has been reformulated, but I don´t know if that is a fact. I still have "the old formulation".
I higly recommend that you try this if you are into dark and mysterious oriental fragrances.

on 5/14/2012 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Please work with me here through this reflection: As many of you lovely ladies know, we try to find a fragrance that feels like us. It communicates something about our souls, hints at our daydreams, persuades that other part of our personality to show itself with grace and confidence. We call this our signature scent, or so I understand. I am on the search for what I call my tango scent, the fragrance that allows a tango dancer to reveal her elegance, strength, power, freedom, and sensuality. It is the scent only worn while on the dance floor and no where else because the tango and the particular scent of a woman take center stage to tell a story whatever that narrative may be. Of course, you can have a tango scent if you do not tango, but this special scent reminiscent of a tango’s proud spirit is not the same as your clubbing scent—just so we are clear.

I believe tentatively that Dior Addict, as popular as it is, may be my tango scent. Its notes—silk tree flower, orange blossom, mandarin leaves, night queen flower, Bulgarian rose, Bourbon vanilla absolute, Mysore sandalwood, and tonka bean—when mixed together produce a heady, seductive blend that would be perfect with La Cumparsita or El Choclo playing in the background. More about the perfume, Addict, on me at least, is an assertive sandalwood trying to get the attention of the aloof Bourbon vanilla smoking a slim cigarette in the dim lights. As for the tonka bean, it is the cool-blooded intermediary that has finally convinced the vanilla and sandalwood to put their differences aside and talk together with impeccable manners. However, this is not a well-behaved scent. Perhaps it is a combination of the other floral notes and the green mandarin leaves, but there is this pulsing, raw animality always lurking in the shadows. You get the impression that someone is conducting an illicit liaison with someone else …

My only reservation about Addict is the sandalwood, a scent from childhood. I recall that temple was perfumed with sandalwood incense; and later my father procured a men’s cologne whose leading note was sandalwood. Smelling Addict, I think about the poised, alluring tango dancer I would like to be juxtaposed against the little girl holding her father’s hand, the both of them going to a religious service. The memories and expectations clash too much with this Dior creation. What is more, I find myself gravitating toward the image of the child. I still have a “child’s” taste in perfume I suppose, just like in diet: fruit, sweet flowers, soft spices (cardamom), and confectionery of course. I hoped that the vanilla in Addict would be sweeter, the rose more pronounced with the orange blossom, the animalic notes toned down. Then I realize that if such were the case, Addict would cease to be Addict. As a result, I do like the scent, acknowledging that I have to “grow” into it. Right now I am like a girl in a dress and Mary Janes writing her puppy love crush a note using a golden pencil; I feel I need/should be the woman, the ideal Addict wearer, sitting at her vanity dressed in her black lingerie and short red satin robe composing a letter to her lover using a Waterman fountain pen. I have to wait a bit before this becomes my tango scent despite how much I wanted such a perfume for the present.

on 3/27/2012 6:16:00 PM

I love vanilla based perfumes. My top favorite is Kenzo Amour. (Vanilla and plumeria tones!) :-)))... My second favorite is this Dior Addict. I have just tried it, but it is very similar to my Kenzo, this is also vanilla based. This seems heavier, so ONE spray on my arm lasts all day. I guess for that this is not a bad price, otherwise $102 is not cheap. But if you love quality things like me, it is definetely worth it. Also, I have sensitivity to most smells (get headaches) and I have no problem with this Dior (and Kenzo) at all, so therefore 5 stars. :-)))
UPDATE: this has become my Nr.1. favorite!!! One spray will last and last all day. This bottle (100ml) will last a loooong time... :-)))

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This was one of the few perfumes I bought for myself with my first wage, years ago! I love it, musky but feminine! Oooooh I want another bottle now!

on 1/23/2012 10:59:00 AM

Would I buy this again??? Try and stop me! Wow. Just wonderful. I can't believe I've missed trying this one. I love stronger scents in winter and this really fills the bill. Warm, cozy and my DH loves it. "Boy, you smell good!" My only fear is it will be discontinued. Love it.

on 1/22/2012 11:50:00 AM

I have been wearing this forever and family and friends know this is my scent. I wear it to work, on the weekends, in the summer, and even hit a small spritz before I go to sleep. I love the body cream and shower gel but haven't been able to find them in awhile.I love when I start to wear my winter coats again the Addict is such a part of the coat. When my daughter was little and she missed me she would go into the closet and smell "mommy". Good memories with this scent.

on 12/12/2011 3:44:00 PM

Sex in a bottle ;-)

on 12/4/2011 9:42:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I like it alot but it's not for the faint!! Very sultry and nothing little girl about it.

on 11/23/2011 10:55:00 PM

So, I am addicted to reading the perfume reviews. Read them every day. Decided I must try this after being seduced by your reviews. Ordered a sample from The Perfumed Court. Holy Mother of God!! This is awful. It gives perfume a bad name. Nursing a mild migraine induced by the aroma thereof. Reminds me of Dune which I also cannot abide. Really, truly awful. I also ordered the Poison line. which I also feel may have been a regrettable choice. Will be back to review shortly. P.S. I also don't get J'Adore, so may be a Dior thing.

on 11/21/2011 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I received this as a gift and love it! It's sexy and well-composed and I feel so elegant when I wear it. Definitely a fall/winter perfume. It might be a little much for day time wear. It's perfect for dressing up and going out for a night on the town.

Popular Fragrances