July 29, 2014 | 1168 users online

BB Cream - Bobbi Brown - BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by lalalie_xoxo

Will admit that this is my first BB cream ever. I have tried samples of others, but have never purchased a full size until three weeks ago. So there are probably oodles others that I could try when this tube is done. However, I will definitely be repurchasing this product.

It really does everything that I want my base to do:
- cover redness
- even out skin tone
- cover slight darkness around the eyes
- moisturize
- control oiliness ALL DAY
- easy to apply (no streaks) with fingers, too!
- can be layered for fuller coverage / spot coverage
- do not let the small size of the tube scare you, a little goes a looooong way
(I know people always say that in reviews, but really, I spent the first week of using this product having way too much left over trying to figure this out. A big pea size is all I need for my whole face!)

Most importantly, this product does not break me out! Most tinted moisturizers that I have tried either become too greasy after 3-4 hours or break me out.

The SPF 35 is also a really great plus.

Not to mention that the colours are all slightly on the yellow side, which is very favourable to my skin tone (olive Asian skin).

Not sure if I can attribute the clearing and improvement of tone of my skin on this one product alone or the fact that I have revamped my entire skin care routine. But my skin is showing to be much more even and moisturized otherwise.

The only thing that irks me about this product that is it can accentuate any flakiness I have. But this stopped being a problem after I changed my skincare routine.

I should not forget to mention that this looks really great underneath my mineral makeup. For the times when I really want to doll myself up and/or need a full face of makeup... this really makes my skin like a smooth canvas :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 8:22:00 AM More reviews by KPaliczka

Firstly this was my first ever BB cream and i don't feel the need to go out and buy another one as i loved this one. My skin is acne prone , oily t-zone and dry cheeks so causes me a lot of problems finding the right make up. I bought this for my holiday as i wanted something lighter to wear and with the high SPF is seemed perfect and it was perfect. Gave me a nice dewy finish , evened my skin tone. I love it because i can apply more then one layer to cover my problem areas and it doesn't go cakey or stick to my dry patches.I always moisturize before hand and use a primer as its a lot easier to apply. I use this on my days off for a lighter feel but i have started to wear it to work ( i work as cabin crew) to see how it would last in the air and it surprised me i needed to touch up my problem areas but apart from that i still looked fresh at the end of the day with even skin tone YAYY. The packaging is nice to simple and traditional bobbi brown style. It hasnt broke me out which is very rare and i will be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 3:10:00 AM More reviews by itseverlasting

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Quick background on my skin: I am medium toned with yellowish-olive undertones, I have normal to dry skin and I am prone to have dry patches.

I have been looking around for a BB cream that accommodates to my NC42 skin tone and Bobbi Brown seems to be the only one to offer that. Other BB creams seem to make my skin ashy even if they say it's a "universal" tone. I was matched perfectly with "Medium to dark".
I was hesitant in buying this as it is AU$60!! It is a huge splurge but it is totally worth it. The cream is relatively thick but it blends perfectly into my skin, I use a Beauty Blender but my fingers work fine if I am in a rush.
It is a thick and creamy but blends into a light to medium coverage, more on the light side. I don't need much coverage but it gives me enough to cover my dark spots caused by acne and dark circles, but I still need to put concealer over it to make it look flawless. It leaves my skin so smooth and once it sets, it actually feels like your skin!
I am so happy with it even though it cost quiet a bit but it is worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by TheLovelyGlamor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Short and Sweet: The price is high, the packaging is average, but I do like this bb cream. It's lightweight, offers a somewhat decent amount of coverage, didn't break me out and feels nice.
The Nitty Gritty. Bobbi Brown's bb cream is just a bit too thin to be considered a real bb cream like those is Asia. But other than that I really do like it. It doesn't feel heavy when I put it on and it does offer a bit of coverage for very light scars and uneven skin tone.
And it says that it has a whole bunch of ingredients in it that are supposed to improve your skin and whatnot, but I've been using this for a few months now and so far I haven't seen any improvement whatsoever. But I do like the amount of SPF in it.
I got this bb cream as a gift and I'm glad because it's actually really expensive. And while I do like this bb cream quite a lot, I'm not sure I can establish any logical reasons for spending so much money on it when I can use that money to buy something better.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by tracycousins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Crap!! So glad I got a sample and I did not invest in this product! For me it was thick, coverage was ok but I don't like the finish. You look like your wearing makeup and I hate that. Did not blend well either. Still have not found a better foundation than my MUF HD foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me start out by saying that I am very grateful to Bobbi Brown for considering the very pale and very dark women in her product offerings. I now count only three companies that are offering a BB cream in a shade darker than say, NW45 .. (Iman (horrible formula), Sleek (nice but only available online so you can't try shades) and now Bobbi.

The color payoff is excellent. I am NW50 and found that the Rich shade matched very well. I did find that it gave me a very, very slight grayish tone to my skin but that is nearly impossible to avoid on darker skin in any product with a sunscreen (And at SPF 35, this is pretty decent sun protection.)

Even without a powder, I found that the BB cream lasted a good three to four hours without blotting (I'm oily/combo but it's summer in Arizona so I'm leaning oilier.)

Ultimately, I had to throw the BB cream into the product graveyard because the silicones broke me out. After a lifetime of breakouts, I've finally figured out that my skin just doesn't like 'cones. I thought I'd give this a shot since only two were listed but seems like that's all it takes to wreak havoc on my skin.

Bottom line: If you are not sensitive to the ingredients, this is well worth a try. I did take an additional two lippies off because for $46, there is just not a lot of product in the tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by gingerbread212

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this now, but I didn't love it at first. In fact, it was in my "probably going to return" box until I figured I'd try it again. I really wanted to love it -- spf 35, oil control, good color match. Turns out I was applying it all wrong (for me, anyway). I was using the foundation brush, then my fingers, and neither quite gave me the finish I was looking for. Then I tried a slightly damp makeup sponge, and, it turned out to be just right.

So, grab one of those round makeup sponges you get at the drugstore, run some water over it, squeeze it out -- it just needs to be a bit damp, not wet. I squirt a little drop of the BB Cream onto the sponge, dot it on my cheeks, chin, forehead, and nose (in that order, so my cheeks get the majority of the product), and then lightly swirl it into my skin. If I need more coverage, I add a little more and swirl again. It just disappears, as does the ever-present redness in my skin. And then I set it with a teensy poof of MUFE HD Microfinish Powder, because I love the stuff.

As for shades, well, I'm a PPP with light chestnut hair and green eyes, generally NC15, and the Extra Light works well with my fair skin. In Bobbi terms, I'm not Alabaster, and I'm slightly darker than Porcelain (and I do mean just slightly -- Warm Ivory and Sand are way too dark for me). In Bobbi's Skin foundation, I wear Porcelain, just because my neck is lighter than my face. So, Extra Light is my color in the BB Cream. I'm surprised Bobbi Brown hasn't added an Alabaster, though. I think Extra Light, the lightest option offered, would be too dark for the truly palest among us.

As for coverage, well, I don't have scars or acne to cover up, just redness and sun damage. I wish I had worn spf 30+ every day of my childhood and teen years. It's surprising what kind of wicked splotches show up when you hit 40. The BB Cream hides those really well without making me look like I'm wearing a mask. My sweet co-worker, who's an esthetician in her spare time, says it doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup at all -- that my skin just looks smooth and even. I like that review!

This tube has lasted me about 8 months, used two or three times a week, and there's about a quarter-tube left. I alternate wearing BB Cream and Bobbi Brown's Skin foundation, just depending on my mood. If I had to choose one or the other, I'd choose the BB Cream. And I'll buy it again when this tube runs out ... along with more makeup sponges!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by pensativa

I absolutely LOVE Bobbi Brown's BB Cream - this is a definitely HG product! I bought it after having read rave reviews and after trying the Tinted Moisturizer, which frankly, was not a great product even though it has a similar price point as the BB Cream.

This BB Cream really does live up to the hype - it feels lightweight but covers (most) imperfections without looking like one has a faceful of makeup on. Wears decently well even in humid climates. However, it is not a long-lasting foundation by any means, so if that's what you're looking for, this is not your product. This BB Cream does impart some moisture, so if this is the only product you have in your bag, you'll be fine for the day. I almost layers lightweight moisturizer or skin treatment underneath. The best part, though, is the SPF 35! How can you beat that?

I am a NC30-35, and I own this in both Fair and Medium; Fair is usually the better shade for most of the year, but Medium works in the summer. It's Bobbi Brown, so her colors are really good, not overly orange or pink, designed to suit a range of skintones. I bought these right when the product debuted, so I only recently realized that there is a new "Neutral" color in between Fair and Medium, which might be perfect for my skin tone!

ETA: This product is great for oily-combination skin. For some reason it makes you look dewy without looking like an oil-slick by midday. Thanks, Bobbi!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by carihikikomori

This cream has a nice texture, pleasant smell, and overall light-medium coverage. I have very fair skin so the SPF factor was also a plus. That being said, I found that the product didn't sit on my skin well, and was flaky near my dry patches, even though I moisturized well before application. Also, the cream had a very dewy, oily finish, even though I usually have pretty dry skin. It's not terrible but definitely not worth the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by ellsiee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this product. It looks great on, perfect coverage, nice dewy look... but... it made me break out like I was a teenager again. By midday my face was an oil slick. I'll probably continue using it on days I know I will be outside, but for day to day, I'm afraid not.