Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25 PA++

3.5

Water, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, SD Alcohol 40-B, Dimethicone, Talc, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Citrate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Citric Acid, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sea Water, Ethyl Menthane Carboxamide, Silica, Hexyl Laurate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate,Disodium, EDTA, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Butylparaben, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

on 1/11/2013 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is my first BB cream, but sadly, it didn't work out. I'm a NC/NW10-15 and it was too dark for me. Plus it was too light in coverage.

Overall:
Pros:
•Very moisturizing
•Smooth, even finish
•Nice packaging
Cons:
•Too dark for pale gals comme moi
•Light, light coverage

Perfect for those with normal, but dry skin.

on 1/6/2013 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have dry, pale, and sensitive skin. It gives light coverage, and is just a little bit darker then my skin. It looks much darker in the tube but it adjusts to my skin. Evens out skintone but doesn't cover my freckles. The finish is dewy. Scent is very light. It wears much longer than my Missha Perfect Cover. I would say it is similar to Missha's #21 in terms of color.

on 1/5/2013 9:00:00 AM

Bought this yesterday after seeing Lisa eldridge use in one of her videos. I have adult acnegenic skin which flares up iin the jaw line , neck and upper cheek areas and generally can be quite congested. Having reviewed the three variants available I opted for this one as most importantly it was advertised as oil free and offering a dewy finish. I have not used a bb cream in ernest to date and tyoically use foundation of youth by duwop or ysl teint touche eclat. I
There is only one shade so this was a gamble but thankfully it is actually quite a good match. I am nc20 in mac, sand in bb , light in
foundation of youth and wear b50 in ysl foundation although this is a little deep for my winter skin at present. The applicaion is 'wet' feeling hence the water fusion bit and as a result once applied feels a bit tacky / sticky until it setc. I did apply this after using clinique ddiff moisture gel. Coverage using rt expert face brush was very light and sheer with minimal cover and red and problem areas. Did leave a dewy finish. For a more polished look extra concealer, touche eclat etc may be needed. I will use this for a time and update in relation to breakouts but it certainty feels light on the skin.

on 11/25/2012 1:29:00 PM

I received a deluxe sample of this and thought it would be perfect for traveling considering its a small all in one type product. I found that this product had 0 coverage whatsoever. I'm the type of person that generally likes a light to medium coverage foundation/bb for more of a natural look, but this product doesn't offer anything in that department. It did not make my skin look any better than it does naturally. I have plenty of moisturizers that don't leave me oily and with whiteheads; which is all this product does for me. The color is ashy as well. Useless waste of money in my opinion.

on 11/6/2012 9:22:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Of all the BB creams I have tried, this one is by FAR the best. Rich and creamy consistency, but doesn't make me greasy or overly shiny looking. It has just enough color/coverage so that i don't need anything else, but does let my skin show through, which i like. A lot of other BB creams I have tried are too orange but this one is not.
Once you cant squeeze anymore out of the tube, cut the end off and there is another 2-3 weeks worth of product. I use this every day and one tube lasts me about 7-9 Months.

on 10/23/2012 11:44:00 PM

I love this BB Cream. I first received an sample in a beauty box, and fell in love. Its hydrating, although I do have combo skin, it does not appear oily. It gives a dewey healthy finish, but not an oily finish. I rarely use concealer, it does a great job covering redness around my nose. I feel that my complexion appears more even, and love that it has SPF 25. I have replaced my foundation with this, because I don't need heavy coverage. Luckily this has not made me break out either. Highly recommend!!

on 10/19/2012 3:40:00 PM

I love this BB cream. It's the perfect everyday coverage for me when topped with a mineral powder. I love that I can also amp it up with a heavier powdered foundation, or wear it alone for a more natural look. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone and I actually felt this helped mattify my problem areas. Definitely less breakouts than I was having before as well. Love the SPF 25!

on 10/14/2012 6:03:00 AM

I hate to give this a lower rating than the average, but I can't be anything else but honest when it comes to beauty products. This was my first BB Cream, recommended by a SA at Sephora. To be fair to her, this was one of the first BB Creams that was launched at Sephora, and probably suited my oily, acne-prone skin a lot better than the rest.

All in all, it's not BAD. If I need the coverage/sun protection during a hike or workout session, I'll grab this right away. It gives okay coverage and great sun protection in one product. But it's not great. After having this for... 11 months(?), I'm just not at all impressed with the finished quality even though it's a convenient product to have. It applies way too light onto my already light (yellow-toned) skin. Granted, it blends better after a few minutes, but still... a little too light/pale for my tastes. And for the convenience of the product, I found that using my fingers to apply it just didn't help at all. It comes out a thick, mousse-y consistency from the tube, but applies very sheer/watery when applied with my fingers. The pigment also managed to cling to the dry/flaky areas of my face where I'd taken off any remaining acne medication. So application for me requires a brush... not exactly convenient.

And with the changing seasons, this doesn't at all agree with my skin. During the summer, it can be a little too moisturizing (leading to small, spread out pimples on my cheek). With Los Angeles' current transition into colder weathers, I find that it just completely dries out on my problem areas. There's just no consistency with its results. So my patience with a supposedly all-in-one product is wearing thin.

As I said, it's not a bad product... but it's definitely not great. There are other lighter-than-foundation options out there that I've tried and have gotten along with a lot better.

on 10/2/2012 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Received a sample from birchbox...

I want to love this stuff but it makes me break out like crazy! I do have slightly sensitive skin (the Garnier BB cream also made me break out) but this was more than just a slight breakout... Just to be sure that it was the BB cream and not something else, I stopped using it for a little while, let my face clear up and then used it again. Same results.

Its a shame because I liked the way it looked, however, if its going to break me out and make me need MORE makeup, its just not for me...

on 9/21/2012 12:03:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought the Premium Beauty Balm for colder months and Water Fuse for the summer and while I was impressed by the ingredients, physical sunblock, and light coverage both unfortunately clogged my pores and gave me whiteheads. I really wish they didn't because I love the dewy, natural finish they give.