December 17, 2014 | 1714 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25 PA++

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by foxlooseinnyc

I love this BB Cream. I first received an sample in a beauty box, and fell in love. Its hydrating, although I do have combo skin, it does not appear oily. It gives a dewey healthy finish, but not an oily finish. I rarely use concealer, it does a great job covering redness around my nose. I feel that my complexion appears more even, and love that it has SPF 25. I have replaced my foundation with this, because I don't need heavy coverage. Luckily this has not made me break out either. Highly recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by DoreaJ88

I love this BB cream. It's the perfect everyday coverage for me when topped with a mineral powder. I love that I can also amp it up with a heavier powdered foundation, or wear it alone for a more natural look. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone and I actually felt this helped mattify my problem areas. Definitely less breakouts than I was having before as well. Love the SPF 25!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2012 6:03:00 AM More reviews by lethlie

I hate to give this a lower rating than the average, but I can't be anything else but honest when it comes to beauty products. This was my first BB Cream, recommended by a SA at Sephora. To be fair to her, this was one of the first BB Creams that was launched at Sephora, and probably suited my oily, acne-prone skin a lot better than the rest.

All in all, it's not BAD. If I need the coverage/sun protection during a hike or workout session, I'll grab this right away. It gives okay coverage and great sun protection in one product. But it's not great. After having this for... 11 months(?), I'm just not at all impressed with the finished quality even though it's a convenient product to have. It applies way too light onto my already light (yellow-toned) skin. Granted, it blends better after a few minutes, but still... a little too light/pale for my tastes. And for the convenience of the product, I found that using my fingers to apply it just didn't help at all. It comes out a thick, mousse-y consistency from the tube, but applies very sheer/watery when applied with my fingers. The pigment also managed to cling to the dry/flaky areas of my face where I'd taken off any remaining acne medication. So application for me requires a brush... not exactly convenient.

And with the changing seasons, this doesn't at all agree with my skin. During the summer, it can be a little too moisturizing (leading to small, spread out pimples on my cheek). With Los Angeles' current transition into colder weathers, I find that it just completely dries out on my problem areas. There's just no consistency with its results. So my patience with a supposedly all-in-one product is wearing thin.

As I said, it's not a bad product... but it's definitely not great. There are other lighter-than-foundation options out there that I've tried and have gotten along with a lot better.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by keewee88

Received a sample from birchbox...

I want to love this stuff but it makes me break out like crazy! I do have slightly sensitive skin (the Garnier BB cream also made me break out) but this was more than just a slight breakout... Just to be sure that it was the BB cream and not something else, I stopped using it for a little while, let my face clear up and then used it again. Same results.

Its a shame because I liked the way it looked, however, if its going to break me out and make me need MORE makeup, its just not for me...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by themeanreds

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought the Premium Beauty Balm for colder months and Water Fuse for the summer and while I was impressed by the ingredients, physical sunblock, and light coverage both unfortunately clogged my pores and gave me whiteheads. I really wish they didn't because I love the dewy, natural finish they give.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2012 3:03:00 AM More reviews by sillygirl03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved this product, but unfortunately it had enough parabens to bother me. Sometimes I can get away with a product if it has very few, but sadly this gave me a horrible rash :/ If this didn't have parabens I'm pretty sure it'd be my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 2:20:00 AM More reviews by ScarlettBunny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG foundation. I'm acne-prone like you wouldn't believe, and I have no clue what prompted me to even try this BB cream because it seems like such a bad idea. Actually, it was a combination of some beauty article I read on xoJane and some rando advice from a Sephora sales girl.

BUT I am so grateful I tried this product. I swear, not only has it *not* broken me out, but it looks more natural than any foundation (liquid or mineral powder) and it actually makes my skin feel and look better. Seriously. Love this stuff. I will hoard it until further notice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by dawnzartandlife

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been trying at lot of different brands TM and BB Creams. I love how this makes my skin so soft, and feel great. I think it even softened my lines around my eyes. As an added benefit it has a bit more spf than some, and here in Sunny AZ I can use all the help I can get. I would definitely put this above Too Faced and some of the others I have tried. I would purchase again. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by deanna424

While this isn't a true bb cream I really love the way it looks and feels. It blends nicely on my fair skin and goes on soft, feeling just like water. The coverage is light and while it doesn't cover all imperfections I like that it doesn't feel heavy.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by ameliakatherine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I actually really liked this BB Cream at first. I love how it feels once I work it into my skin, it calmed redness, smoothed my little eye-wrinkles and had good coverage. It also didn't irritate my skin or make me break out.

After wearing it for a week, I saw myself in natural light, and noticed that it was at least 2 shades lighter than my already very pale skin, and that any irritated areas and even zits looked white, like it had over-neutralized. I didn't even have concealer on that day, so it was all the BB Cream. I liked it so much that I tried it once more with powder to get it closer to my complexion, but it still didn't look right. This has a nice finish, and would have looked very natural if I didn't have any blemishes and was extremely pale. If you have lighter-than-ivory skin you'll love it, but for most of us, it's not going to work. I have it 3 just because I LOVED how soft and smooth my skin felt when I wore it.