October 30, 2014 | 1691 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25 PA++

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by keewee88

Received a sample from birchbox...

I want to love this stuff but it makes me break out like crazy! I do have slightly sensitive skin (the Garnier BB cream also made me break out) but this was more than just a slight breakout... Just to be sure that it was the BB cream and not something else, I stopped using it for a little while, let my face clear up and then used it again. Same results.

Its a shame because I liked the way it looked, however, if its going to break me out and make me need MORE makeup, its just not for me...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by themeanreds

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought the Premium Beauty Balm for colder months and Water Fuse for the summer and while I was impressed by the ingredients, physical sunblock, and light coverage both unfortunately clogged my pores and gave me whiteheads. I really wish they didn't because I love the dewy, natural finish they give.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2012 3:03:00 AM More reviews by sillygirl03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved this product, but unfortunately it had enough parabens to bother me. Sometimes I can get away with a product if it has very few, but sadly this gave me a horrible rash :/ If this didn't have parabens I'm pretty sure it'd be my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 2:20:00 AM More reviews by ScarlettBunny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG foundation. I'm acne-prone like you wouldn't believe, and I have no clue what prompted me to even try this BB cream because it seems like such a bad idea. Actually, it was a combination of some beauty article I read on xoJane and some rando advice from a Sephora sales girl.

BUT I am so grateful I tried this product. I swear, not only has it *not* broken me out, but it looks more natural than any foundation (liquid or mineral powder) and it actually makes my skin feel and look better. Seriously. Love this stuff. I will hoard it until further notice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by dawnzartandlife

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been trying at lot of different brands TM and BB Creams. I love how this makes my skin so soft, and feel great. I think it even softened my lines around my eyes. As an added benefit it has a bit more spf than some, and here in Sunny AZ I can use all the help I can get. I would definitely put this above Too Faced and some of the others I have tried. I would purchase again. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by deanna424

While this isn't a true bb cream I really love the way it looks and feels. It blends nicely on my fair skin and goes on soft, feeling just like water. The coverage is light and while it doesn't cover all imperfections I like that it doesn't feel heavy.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by ameliakatherine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I actually really liked this BB Cream at first. I love how it feels once I work it into my skin, it calmed redness, smoothed my little eye-wrinkles and had good coverage. It also didn't irritate my skin or make me break out.

After wearing it for a week, I saw myself in natural light, and noticed that it was at least 2 shades lighter than my already very pale skin, and that any irritated areas and even zits looked white, like it had over-neutralized. I didn't even have concealer on that day, so it was all the BB Cream. I liked it so much that I tried it once more with powder to get it closer to my complexion, but it still didn't look right. This has a nice finish, and would have looked very natural if I didn't have any blemishes and was extremely pale. If you have lighter-than-ivory skin you'll love it, but for most of us, it's not going to work. I have it 3 just because I LOVED how soft and smooth my skin felt when I wore it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by JavaJunkie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Mmmm...fabulous. Doesn't look like much out of the gate, but goes on like, well...water. Very cooling and light. Looks rather pale, but if you wait just a couple of minutes....the formula seems to merge with the skin. All I do is dust on some mineral powder or sunscreen powder (love Colorescience Almost Clear) for a truly flawless, seamless complexion that holds up in New England summer humidity. It evens out redness, holds up without looking makeup-y and doesn't break me out. If I had one wish, it would be for shade options but, being a natural paleface, I can make this work easily. Super summer option...skip the powder for the no-makeup days.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by tayrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

UPDATE: After buying this BB cream full sized, I HATED it. The 1 color could no longer be masked by bronzer. It made me look so pale that I looked sickly. No matter how much I tried to work with it, it always came out looking ghost-like. Definitely will not repurchase, in fact I returned it.

I received my sample of the Dr. Jart+ BB Cream in my birchbox a few months back and loved it. While there is only one shade, it blends nicely and can be topped with a bronzer (Nars Laguna works perfect) and the color works. The squeeze tube is unfavorable, I prefer pumps but it works and I feel like you get a lot of product due to the small amount I use. It leaves me moisturized and feeling like I'm not wearing any makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by smmalloy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff goes on scary white but blends nicely with my fair (not super pale) complexion, so I imagine it would be good for a range of light complexions. Not at all sure what would happen if your skin is darker.

It's very moisturizing and adds just a bit of skin color smoothing and shine. I would not use this if I had truly oily skin, but my skin is dry enough to be OK with it. Å bit of pink blush & I'm good to go.