October 21, 2014 | 1002 users online

Lips - Sephora - Cream Lip Stain (all shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 11:19:00 AM More reviews by microwatts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product stays on forever. I have to remember to clean it off with makeup remover at night, even when I put it on at 7 in the morning. They're very bold colours so I can't put too much and so the shimmer is not very obvious. But it's not a major issue because if I want it shiny, I layer with lipgloss.

Overall, it's an amazing lipstain. I already went back for a second shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by AshJay427

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this always red! Stays on perfectly..I don't mind it being dry because red lipstick is typically high maintenance and with this you don't have to worry.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by jpsiegal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My new favorite! I hate wearing lipstick because it rubs off on everything, and I'm an oily and sweaty person, so it melts off all over my face. I stopped wearing lipgloss a while ago because I feel like all that I did was ingest it. And normal lip stains only stay attached to weird parts of my lips, so that it actually looks like I just ate a cherry popsicle.

THIS is AMAZING! It's got a fantastic matte finish that isn't overly drying. And it stays on FOREVER. I love the application, because it's like a lipgloss. If you can guide a lipgloss spongetip applicator, you're good to go!

But for those complaining about "Looking for a glaze"? Read the label! It says CREAM lip stain! Not rocket science!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 6:19:00 AM More reviews by MsMaryMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this in Always Red and I love it! It's very pigmented, is, long-lasting, and isn't too drying. Compared to MAC's Ruby Woo, Always Red is WAY better! My major issue with Ruby Woo was how drying it way- I've since swapped it away. Always Red is what I expected Ruby Woo to be. :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by poikilotherm

As the last reviewer stated, it's not so much a stain as it is an opaque lipstick that dries. It is VERY lightweight and slightly liquidy, but oh my god is the color pigmented! I wish I had bought a different color. I bought the darkest one (not realizing it wouldn't be sheer or glossy) and it looks kind of black on me! Haha... but I am going to go and pick out another color. The color lasts a long time. Highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by yozhik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The pigment is off the charts, this is not a stain so much as a liquid creme finish, opaque lipstick, with longwearing finish. Very nice flexible doefoot applicator in a slim pocketfriendly tube.

I have both Always Red (matte classic red) and Strawberry Kissed (bright matte pinky red) and they are both very bold lipsticks with serious staying power. No feathering, no sneaking into fine lines around the lips, but slightly drying and a lipstick that definitely needs to be used over conditioned or otherwise well moisturized lips.

The application and pigment strength has led to me using this "stain" as a face paint for Halloween, and that worked out wonderfully.

It may take novice users practice to apply the product with a steady hand and errors in application can be a pain in the neck to clean up because of the formula.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by casjen54

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wish I'd read the reviews on this before I bought it.. I thought it would be a sheer lipstain, like a glaze, but it's VERY pigmented, like clown makeup or greasepaint. Strawberry kiss is a great color but very vivid! I am trying to experiment with it, softened with a base coat or overcoat of another softer-colored lipstick. I also think it's too drying for me, too matte. Big disappointment!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Dractylcat

It applies smooth and even. It's very true to color, if not a little instense. It's going to be difficult to apply it lightly and get the same even finish so make sure you love the color! It goes on very matte. It's not drying at all. I can go all day, including eating and drinking, and have it not wear off.

The only downside I found was when I tried to achieve a glossier finish by adding a product on top, the lip stain wore off easily. Being that this particular side effect has nothing to do with the product itself, 5 stars!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2011 3:12:00 AM More reviews by EmbalmerBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The shade 01 Always Red is fabulous! It is a very beautiful flattering shade of red on many women.It is matte, and such a great vibrant sexy holiday red.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by gingersnap250

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

This lip stain is GORGEOUS. I initially saw it on someone else and loved it so much, I asked what she was wearing. When she told me, I went to Sephora to get one for myself. I was shocked when it looked great on me just as it had on her. Not terribly drying, either, as I expected. I would definitely try other colors, but the #1 Red is amazing.