July 31, 2014 | 1392 users online

Lips - Sephora - Cream Lip Stain (all shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Dractylcat

It applies smooth and even. It's very true to color, if not a little instense. It's going to be difficult to apply it lightly and get the same even finish so make sure you love the color! It goes on very matte. It's not drying at all. I can go all day, including eating and drinking, and have it not wear off.

The only downside I found was when I tried to achieve a glossier finish by adding a product on top, the lip stain wore off easily. Being that this particular side effect has nothing to do with the product itself, 5 stars!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2011 3:12:00 AM More reviews by EmbalmerBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The shade 01 Always Red is fabulous! It is a very beautiful flattering shade of red on many women.It is matte, and such a great vibrant sexy holiday red.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by gingersnap250

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

This lip stain is GORGEOUS. I initially saw it on someone else and loved it so much, I asked what she was wearing. When she told me, I went to Sephora to get one for myself. I was shocked when it looked great on me just as it had on her. Not terribly drying, either, as I expected. I would definitely try other colors, but the #1 Red is amazing.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by michibooful

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I really did want to like this lip stain. The idea of it sounded very fresh and convenient in my mind, but alas, we were not meant to be. Honestly, I was really disappointed with this lipstain. Sure, it was pigmented, and rich in colour, but applying it was a pain to control and what's worse - it couldn't handle eating or drinking at all. When I bit into my sandwich, the product rubbed off onto my sandwich... the part that I haven't even eaten yet! Major yuck. That's just unacceptable for a lipstain, so I will not be repurchasing this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Branny43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

It may yet be possible to find true love in the cosmetic aisle. These are highly reminiscent of the newish NYX cream lip colors, yet quite a bit better, I think (having used both).

I'm using the "Strawberry Kiss" which is an unmistakable, in-your-face cool-toned RED. Don't wear this if you don't want to be noticed. Applied "full-strength" with the sponge-tip wand, it's incredibly intense; it's possible to sheer the color (and intensity) a bit by applying with a disposable sponge application or your clean fingertip.

The color and formula will easily withstand casual eating and drinking; however, add a bit of grease to your meal (think yummy cheeseburgers, here), and you'll need to re-apply afterward.

My only regret with this product is that I didn't pick up the fuchsia shade at the same time. Yes to repurchasing!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 3:23:00 AM More reviews by feri

This is an incredibly intense product. Usually when I think of a lip stain, I think of a semi-sheer red or wine colored product. These are more like a full coverage liquid lipstick that has the same texture as the traditional lip stain.

I tried the brightest red and the darkest wine color. The red is an ultra-glam, matte true red. The wine is a super dark and vampy, possibly too dark to really wear kind of color. Both set to a light, almost unnoticeable texture on the lips - they actually reminded me quite a bit of the NARS Velvet Matte lip pencils, both in color, texture on the lips and color payoff. These lasted longer on me than the NARS pencils, probably about 7-8 hours with no visible fading or bleeding.

At $12 each these are quite a bit cheaper than the NARS and longer lasting. You might want to put on some lip balm or a clear gloss on top because it can feel a bit dry, but nothing terrible. I would repurchase. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 11:02:00 PM More reviews by aquadinka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Went to Sephora looking for a cheapish, long lasting, red lip color and the SA went right to this one in Always Red. It went on a bit sloppy but the color was gorgeous..definitely not what I think of when I hear stain. Highly pigmented and creamy. It was a pinch drying but that is to be expected with anything long lasting. I was disappointed to see that it faded a bit after a few hours and definitely couldn't handle a cheeseburger, but the color is so pretty that I got tons of compliments so I didn't mind reapplying.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Kimmeh5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This lasted for several hours for someone? Wow. This didn't even last an hour for me. It faded--fast. Application was nice, color was nice. It dried my lips out as it faded though. This is probably going to be sitting in my makeup collection. :/

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by ellieface23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

There are so many wonderful colors in this type of lip stain, it's really hard to choose just one. I ended up buying the brightest red they had and tried it on immediately when I got home for the store. It feels really great once applied to the lips, and the color is highly pigmented and amazing.......but I found that it relly doesn't do the word "stain" justice. I found that it would fade after a few hours, which was disappointing to say the least. I have definitely used better stains before (that ACTUALLY stay on for a good 7 to 8 hours), but the color quality is quite nice.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Roses05

The pigmentation is amazing, but it feels so dry on your lips when u put it on. i find that when i wear this i have to wear a gloss or lipstick over it. It stays on for a good 3-4 hrs, but it feels extra dry. The colors are great but u can't wear this alone.