August 20, 2014 | 2020 users online

Lips - Sephora - Cream Lip Stain (all shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by jpsiegal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My new favorite! I hate wearing lipstick because it rubs off on everything, and I'm an oily and sweaty person, so it melts off all over my face. I stopped wearing lipgloss a while ago because I feel like all that I did was ingest it. And normal lip stains only stay attached to weird parts of my lips, so that it actually looks like I just ate a cherry popsicle.

THIS is AMAZING! It's got a fantastic matte finish that isn't overly drying. And it stays on FOREVER. I love the application, because it's like a lipgloss. If you can guide a lipgloss spongetip applicator, you're good to go!

But for those complaining about "Looking for a glaze"? Read the label! It says CREAM lip stain! Not rocket science!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 6:19:00 AM More reviews by MsMaryMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this in Always Red and I love it! It's very pigmented, is, long-lasting, and isn't too drying. Compared to MAC's Ruby Woo, Always Red is WAY better! My major issue with Ruby Woo was how drying it way- I've since swapped it away. Always Red is what I expected Ruby Woo to be. :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by poikilotherm

As the last reviewer stated, it's not so much a stain as it is an opaque lipstick that dries. It is VERY lightweight and slightly liquidy, but oh my god is the color pigmented! I wish I had bought a different color. I bought the darkest one (not realizing it wouldn't be sheer or glossy) and it looks kind of black on me! Haha... but I am going to go and pick out another color. The color lasts a long time. Highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by yozhik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The pigment is off the charts, this is not a stain so much as a liquid creme finish, opaque lipstick, with longwearing finish. Very nice flexible doefoot applicator in a slim pocketfriendly tube.

I have both Always Red (matte classic red) and Strawberry Kissed (bright matte pinky red) and they are both very bold lipsticks with serious staying power. No feathering, no sneaking into fine lines around the lips, but slightly drying and a lipstick that definitely needs to be used over conditioned or otherwise well moisturized lips.

The application and pigment strength has led to me using this "stain" as a face paint for Halloween, and that worked out wonderfully.

It may take novice users practice to apply the product with a steady hand and errors in application can be a pain in the neck to clean up because of the formula.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by casjen54

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wish I'd read the reviews on this before I bought it.. I thought it would be a sheer lipstain, like a glaze, but it's VERY pigmented, like clown makeup or greasepaint. Strawberry kiss is a great color but very vivid! I am trying to experiment with it, softened with a base coat or overcoat of another softer-colored lipstick. I also think it's too drying for me, too matte. Big disappointment!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Dractylcat

It applies smooth and even. It's very true to color, if not a little instense. It's going to be difficult to apply it lightly and get the same even finish so make sure you love the color! It goes on very matte. It's not drying at all. I can go all day, including eating and drinking, and have it not wear off.

The only downside I found was when I tried to achieve a glossier finish by adding a product on top, the lip stain wore off easily. Being that this particular side effect has nothing to do with the product itself, 5 stars!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2011 3:12:00 AM More reviews by EmbalmerBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The shade 01 Always Red is fabulous! It is a very beautiful flattering shade of red on many women.It is matte, and such a great vibrant sexy holiday red.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by gingersnap250

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

This lip stain is GORGEOUS. I initially saw it on someone else and loved it so much, I asked what she was wearing. When she told me, I went to Sephora to get one for myself. I was shocked when it looked great on me just as it had on her. Not terribly drying, either, as I expected. I would definitely try other colors, but the #1 Red is amazing.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by michibooful

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I really did want to like this lip stain. The idea of it sounded very fresh and convenient in my mind, but alas, we were not meant to be. Honestly, I was really disappointed with this lipstain. Sure, it was pigmented, and rich in colour, but applying it was a pain to control and what's worse - it couldn't handle eating or drinking at all. When I bit into my sandwich, the product rubbed off onto my sandwich... the part that I haven't even eaten yet! Major yuck. That's just unacceptable for a lipstain, so I will not be repurchasing this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Branny43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

It may yet be possible to find true love in the cosmetic aisle. These are highly reminiscent of the newish NYX cream lip colors, yet quite a bit better, I think (having used both).

I'm using the "Strawberry Kiss" which is an unmistakable, in-your-face cool-toned RED. Don't wear this if you don't want to be noticed. Applied "full-strength" with the sponge-tip wand, it's incredibly intense; it's possible to sheer the color (and intensity) a bit by applying with a disposable sponge application or your clean fingertip.

The color and formula will easily withstand casual eating and drinking; however, add a bit of grease to your meal (think yummy cheeseburgers, here), and you'll need to re-apply afterward.

My only regret with this product is that I didn't pick up the fuchsia shade at the same time. Yes to repurchasing!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No