April 20, 2014 | 1655 users online

Shampoo - Shea Moisture - Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2012 4:10:00 AM More reviews by bobadreamer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really feel guilty dragging down the review for this product but I really didn't like it AT ALL. I have thick, somewhat coarse, straight Asian hair. I thought that using a more moisturizing shampoo would trick my scalp into producing less oil, I was so wrong. I worked this into my hair really well and rinsed thoroughly, but I was left with this horrible film in my hair, as it it were still dirty. My hair felt stiff, and I wasn't able to run my fingers through my hair at all. It just felt like when you don't rinse your conditioner out well enough and your hair is left with a gunky, sticky, uncomfortable residue. Those with extremely dry or curly hair may appreciate this, but for me it definitely did not work.

Furthermore, I didn't much care for the scent. It had a very strong scent I could only describe as "perfumey" that lingered in my hair (could've been because it left a residue), and I couldn't help but to wish it smelled more like the coconut hibiscus shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 5:04:00 AM More reviews by RedLipKiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best shampoo I have EVER used. It's almost like a conditioner in that it moisturizes and detangles hair. You could even skip conditioner with this if you really wanted to. It cleans hair without stripping it and foams up nicely even though it's organic. It smells like the other yellow products in this line (I love it) which to me is wonderful. I've always been more into conditioner than shampoo, but this product is a MUST for my thick curly hair. I actually like it a lot better than the Curl and Shine shampoo in the pink line because of the intense moisture that it gives. The other one is good too, but a bit oilier. If you care about your hair at all, BUY this prodcut. You won't regret it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Chicagobabe89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I spotted the Shea Moisture product line at Target one day, and the shampoo caught my eye. I was looking for one to buy for my dry, curly hair, and this one sounded like a good choice because it was natural, contained argan oil (which my hair loves for getting rid of knots and tangles), as well as a lot of other great ingredients. I like this shampoo a lot. It does moisturize my hair, but I have a few issues with it.

I hate the bottle. The shampoo is very thick, so you have to keep squeezing the bottle really hard for the product to come out. That gets really annoying, really fast! Also, the shampoo is very heavily scented. At first I liked the smell, but now it gives me a little bit of a headache. The smell reminds me of cologne. After I finish this bottle, I will go back to the Creme of Nature shampoo I had used previously.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by peoplerpeople

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this as part of a sampler kit, which means that I was way less likely to be upset if I didn't like it. The shampoo felt good, lathered well enough for my standards and seemed to moisturize as promised. The smell is musky Argan-oil strong, but not necessarily unpleasant. Unfortunately, I'm beginning to realize that hair products with Argan oil, including that Morroccan O. line, seem to really bother my eyes(?!). From tears and pinkness to small but fiery red hives in and around my eye area, this shampoo (and/or conditioner) doesn't agree with me. I'm bummed because I did like it but take solace in the discovery of the shampoo, etc. from the hibiscus coconut formula. Happy endings overall.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Dujmovochka

It's my HG shampoo. I have thin fine caucasian hair and this is the only one shampoo that can prevent my hair from breaking of. I've already used 3 bottles of it. This shampoo has very gentle detergent in it that's why it doesn't leather a lot. It has one cone - fragrance. But I learned to manage with it, i usually add 5-10 drops of lavender and rosemary essential oils. I e also enjoy conditioner and mask from the same line.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 12:19:00 PM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this shampoo. It's gentle and non-drying. I have 3c/4a hair for the people into hair typing or whatever, and I gave my bottle to my 3a roommate who was struggling to keep moisture in her hair. She can't stop buying this now. This is also the only product in the raw shea butter line that doesn't kill my nose with its overcharged fragrance; it does have the same scent but it's much lighter and fades quicker. I don't mind paying 9.99 for it (10.99 at Walgreens) because it lasts. A very good shampoo for those who are sulfate conscious, or just want to treat their hair once in awhile with some extra moisture. A bottle is always present in my shower.

Also, since I've seen people talking about build up, it's because Shea Butter builds up on your hair after awhile and just like with silicones you need to clarify sometimes. It seems like it defeats the purpose of a sulfate free shampoo, but there's sulfate-free clarifiers out there too. Just a note for those who love this but have build up issues. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 4:11:00 AM More reviews by Zaiynab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The smell is not the greatest, which is why I give it a 4, if it smelled better I would definitely give it a 5. The more you use it, the better it works, so don't give up after the first time if it doesn't "wow" you! It also lathers really well, which I love. I don't think I could go back to regular shampoo after using this. I could probably just adjust the scent with some essential oils or something to make this product perfect. =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by missykeyana

This shampoo is AWESOME! Really, I am so excited over this product. Good stuff included, bad stuff excluded! I've long ago abandoned most shampoos because they'd dry out my 4a hair and I'd have to rely on conditioners to counteract that as well as add additional moisture. I had moved on to natural soaps, but even they could be stripping sometimes. Enter this shampoo. It has a mild, nutty smell that I like a lot. It lathers beautifully. Makes me feel like I'm getting clean here! After rinsing, my scalp is left cleansed and my hair is not worse for the effort! It even feels a little moisturized! It's a little more than I normally pay for shampoo, but I can find this in Walgreens and Target. This is important to me because I prefer not to build my hair regimen around products that are very pricey and/or hard to find. I am so happy that I tried this product. I recommend it to all who need a non-stripping shampoo in their life.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this shampoo!!!! It moisturizes my dry 4c kinky hair and it lathers up very nicely without harsh drying sulfates. You only need a dime size amount to use it. It contains all natural ingredients which is perfect for those who have kinky hair, curly hair or for those women who want to use organic shampoo for their hair. It's not cheap and it's not expensive. The bottle is a bit small for the price but it's very worth it!

Update: I now notice that this shampoo dries out my hair, now that it's longer. I've been using for almost a year and now it does this?? It no longer moisturizes my hair like it used to. I strongly used to love this product, but now hair feels dry and parched when I use it. I now just use it as a body wash when I run out of soap. Hopefully my hair won't start to hate the Restorative conditioner in this line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Smells good. super gentle. Most moisturizing shampoo ever (unless you prefer smoothing the feeling of silicones). Lathers up nicely.