September 22, 2014 | 2150 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 7:28:00 AM More reviews by hazelbeth

I have relatively dry, acne prone skin but when I'm having a 'good skin day' I love this foundation. I'd say that if you wanted a product that would completely cover any blemishes this wouldn't be the right one for you, however if you're looking for something linter then I would definitely recommend this foundation. It brightens my skin, it's easy to blend and is very light so I find it perfect in the summer. You can build onto it to make the coverage slightly heavier and if you reapplying during the day it blends in so easily. The packaging claims that it lasts for 16 hours, I never wear my makeup for this long but I haven't noticed it going patchy when I've had it on all day (from about 8am to 7pm). The light consistency makes it easy to apply whether you use a brush or your fingers and I think the packaging is appealing as well. I can definitely see myself repurchasing this foundation again and again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by hlillico

I have combination skin with dry patches in certain areas from using Retin-A for acne. This foundation did a terrible job, the coverage was so minimal, it covered almost none of my spots, and it accentuated the dry patches. In Canada this is about $26 so I was really disappointed with it. I've used better drugstore products that were way cheaper. The smell is nice, that is about the only good thing I can say.

If you already have flawless skin then I can see this being an okay foundation as it will just even you out, but I needed something with a little more coverage and this did not do it for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Monellebeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had dry skin until 2 years ago when it turned to combination/oily. I always wore tinted moisturizers or mineral powders from The Body Shop, nothing too heavy. When you get older you discover amazing things like blemishes, breakouts, dark circles,oily t-zone and many more (I know I'm very lucky discovering that at 25yo) so I really wanted to find a foundation that was light to medium coverage but that would also mattify my skin. I saw Miss Budget Beauty raving about that foundation, she's got combination/oily skin as well (at the time), it felt like she was talking about me when I read her review so I went out to buy that gem the next day. I went for the shade number 53. You know how painful it is to choose your foundation at the drugstore, they all seems to match, you stay 30 minutes in front of all these bottles that look the same, you have all the shades mixed up together on your hands, arms and sometimes your face until you finally give up and look like a crazy woman asking random chicks if they think it matches your skin. It says : "Instant blending gel, flawless complexion, undetectable coverage" obviously they know what they are talking about. You Bourjois peeps took these words right out of my mouth (I mean my fingers). First of all, it smells AMAHHZING. It contains vitamin fruits, surprise ... it smells fruity. It's divine, you really feel like you're swimming in a fruit bowl. It is a classy glass bottle with a pump, yeah you read that, A PUMP, I don't do foundations with no pump, who has time for that? I rarely apply foundation with my fingers so I used my Real Techniques buffing brush and it felt great but more than anything it looked great! The semi matt finish is perfect and I do have some dry bits on the cheeks but it worked fine. It lasted pretty well through the day but you probably need to touch up with some powder at some point. The bottle seems slim but don't be fooled ladies, it lasts for a while. I do love Bourjois, when I was a kid I used to play with my grandma's blushes and single eye shadows, wishing I could have them all, well now I'm an adult and I can buy them all. Dreams come true. I can't even think about a product from Bourjois that disappointed me so of course I highly recommend that one. When nothing was coming out of the pump anymore (yes, I got sad and asked myself "what am I going to do with my life") I turned it upside down, put it in the toothbrush holder and opened up the bottle. That lasted me for an extra week. Read s'more at http://monellebeauty.blogspot.com.au

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by l0laxc0la

I like this foundation; it's not HG for me but it's solid and I could see it working for a lot of skin types. I'm pretty pale (NW15ish) and I actually bought shade 52, which is a bit too dark for me right now, but will be perfect in the summer when I need a lighter foundation like this on anyway. Even with the slight shade mismatch, it does a good job of sinking into & blending in with your skin, which I consider a big plus. It doesn't look like I'm wearing foundation with this, really, and it does not transfer at all which is awesome!! It also feels just great on the skin, not heavy at all. However, the major con is that coverage is quite light/sheer... like almost BB cream status to me. If you want to build it up it uses a lot of product and it's quite messy. But on "good skin days" I really like using this foundation! Finally, the price is good but it's a bit hard to find in the US.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by pandalong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a product of good value. Don't miss it, If you like luminous finish. The shade 52 is a little darker for my skin tone. I'm in NC20. Then I'm not a big fan of the scent, and it lasts few hours. Sometimes I think it's just too luminous, i have to use a mat powder to mattify it a bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by swann21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a really good foundation. I would compare it to NARS tinted moisturizer but the consistency is thicker, it's not as hard to take off, it feels less heavy on your face but it does tend to emphasize dry patches more. It gives a finish that is pretty matte but slightly dewy to be natural looking. It lasts all day. I have oily skin and I do get oily nearing the end of the day but This is without setting my foundation with powder and the foundation still looks like my own skin. I use half a pump for light to medium coverage. I've never tried to build it up. However, I found that when I put too much on or when I used a foundation brush instead of my hands, it looks cakey. I found the best way to apply is by squirting some into your hands, rubbing your hands together and using your hands to apply it onto your face, a lot like how you'd apply moisturizer. It smells good and I like how the ingredients are for the most part very safe. I think Europe has a system for inspecting the safety of its cosmetics whereas America does not. I ordered it on a website that gives free shipping for orders over $25. I bought two of them $13 each. This is definitely one of the highest quality yet affordable foundations I've found.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 5:58:00 AM More reviews by teoreo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot stress enough about how amazing this foundation is! My skin used to be oily all over but now it's more of a combination skin type and this foundation just glides on. I use Benefit's Porefessional as a primer underneath and I love the texture of this amazing foundation. The smell is very fruity and I love that. I love the glow it gives. I look super awake and my skin is even and healthy-looking with this on top. It doesn't have much coverage but that's okay cause I just use MAC's Studio Finish concealer for blemishes and discoloration. Evens out skin beautifully. It has a pump so that's great. Overall, this foundation is the most amazing one I've tried yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Principessa911

I have Very dry skin and this foundation is a dream! Usually around noon my skin on my nose and t-zone gets really flakes and my foundation looks terrible.. But not this! Gives you a beautiful radiant glow it has a nice Dewey finish but not greasy looking. You can build up layers and it'll never get cakes which is why I love this. Definitely repurchasing it! My HG foundation (and I've tried a lot over the years)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by camillajhb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I first bought this Bourjois serum foundation two years ago, when I had oily-combination acne-prone skin. Now I've bought it again, while I have ultra-dry, sensitive, eczema and acne-prone skin (thanks Accutane!) so I can give a good idea of how this might work on these skin types. I've loved it both times!

First of all, the texture of this foundation is so nice and soothing. Both times I've purchased it I've noticed how luxurious it feels on the skin, even recently while my face has been raw and irritated. The light gel texture has a calming, soothing effect, feeling like a moisturiser rather than a foundation. The smell is fruity and pleasant, adding to the soothing feeling.

Coverage is light-medium, beautifully dewy but never gets shiny, even on an oily t-zone and without powder. Before this I had been using the incredibly resilient Revlon Colorstay, and I have to say I haven't noticed this being any less long-lasting! I've also used it on blemished skin with a few dollops of concealer and was very happy with the coverage, which can be built up to a medium with the use of a buffing brush.

When I had oilier skin I found it applied best with my fingers, and now with my super dry skin I apply it with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush with equally as much success. At the moment it requires a lot more blending (especially over my dry patches) in comparison to effortless blending on oilier skin. This hasn't put me off, however. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2014 6:19:00 AM More reviews by iamthebun

I have oily skin, and this clung to oily patches on my face, especially on my nose. It looked terrible within an hour. At first it looked fine but later it became patchy