Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

4.1

Aqua (water), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol Denat, Parfum (fragrance), Panthenol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Silica, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Pantolactone, Punica Granatum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid [+/- May contain: CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77019 (mica), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77891 (titanium dioxide)] 10BMT001-1]

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was looking for something a little bit lighter in texture and coverage for the colder months and purchased this on a whim. No regrets! This stuff gives a light-medium coverage, but is definitely buildable. Upon initial application it looks like a second skin, really natural and polished. Once my oils peek through throughout the day, I'm left with a really nice and healthy lit-from-within glow. I tend to have an oily t-zone but with primer and powder, I'll only feel the need to blot at around the 5hr mark. For application I use a damp sponge (RT) and find that this achieves a more natural and dewy finish. Even when paired with a brush, this foundation applies smoothly and effortlessly without setting too quickly as you work it in. My new go to winter foundation!

on 3/1/2015 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought this after hearing fave reviews about the product, however it really did not suit me at all! I was unable to get any samples so took the plunge and got a full sized bottle, at a cost of £10.99 its the higher end of the drugstore price scale for foundation. I found that whilst the appearance of the foundation on your skin was good it didn't have any staying out and after using it for a couple of days I broke out. I would strongly advise you get a sample before purchasing!

I've used dior and clinique and many others but this is the BEST. Its light and feels as though your face hasn't got any foundation on but...wow, it makes skin look super radiant and I've got very sensitive skin with a slight pinky tone. I am using No 52 which is light enough for winter, spring and in early summer, I'll switch to a slightly warmer shade. An amazing product, made by the same company that make Chanel.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation, I use 52 in the winter and 53 in the summer. I works really well for my dry skin - my skin usually sucks the moister out of foundations within a couple of hours, but with Healthy Mix Serum it doesn't happen. The only con is that it doesn't last for as long as it promises. I'd say 4-5 hours before you need a touch up. But great value and smells fantastic. When ever I run out, I buy a new one.

on 2/23/2015 9:45:00 PM

My go-to foundation for winter, for when my skin is dry. This caught my attention for its gel serum formula smells wonderful, coverage is light and very bendable i apply this with a beauty blender sponge, so if you need extra coverage you can use a concealer. this also reduces my problematic redness areas , around my nose and my cheeks. This can be purchased at Asos when its not out of stock. the bottle is very slim comes with a pump which is always a plus.

on 2/23/2015 11:49:00 AM

OMG! Where do I start! So I googled some swatches as I am an nc30 and the shade that repeatedly kept coming up was shade 53. I bought it however it looked slightly ashy. Anyway, the foundation is amazing! It gives a nice glowy finish without looking oily. Id say the coverage is light to medium however it is buildable. I have a few acne scars on my jaw and it doesn't cover them too well with just one layer of foundation. I have to say this is my favourite foundation by far! I have had Nars sheer glow which i didn't think was glowy at all! I absolutely love this foundation. I set it with Mac mineralize skin finish in medium plus and the finish is uhhhhhh amazing! It does not look cakey what so ever! I would highly recommend this product to everyone! Im not too sure how it would sit for extremely oily skin, which I used to have but thanks to roaccutane i no longer do! But seriously if you are looking for a foundation that is glowy and looks amazing then buy this one! If you want that extra flawless skin then top it of with Mac mineralize skin finish and you won't regret it!

on 2/21/2015 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Take note, Americans! Maybe you got sucked into the vortex of Youtube and heard nothing but raves about this product from the British bloggers (who are generally, a lovely, classy bunch). Maybe you then decided to buy this product on Amazon thinking "Sure, I'm paying way more than drugstore price for this British drugstore foundation, but it's BRITISH and therefore SPECIAL in the way that Downton Abbey and Annie Lennox and crumpets are special." And that would not only not only be wishful thinking, but also just incorrect.

I have dry skin and this foundation markets itself for dry skin. However, I find that, in order for this not to cling to flaky dry patches, my skin has to be absolutely perfect, meaning I have exfoliated and layered every moisturizing product I have -- serum, moisturizer, primer -- prior to applying this. And even then it's still hit or miss. I think if you have mostly combination skin or normal skin, this would be great (oily skin types might want to avoid). But if you have dry skin and think the Brits have found the cure, don't go out of your way. I would try any mousse-based foundation in your local CVS first.

on 2/20/2015 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I really love the scent! So nice and refreshing. As for the coverage, it is a medium coverage and doesn't feel heavy or cakey at all as you layer it on, which is great. However, on my oily skin this slides off pretty quickly and I will look greasy in a few hours, I am so sad :( I really want to love this foundation but yeah 3 lippies for this.

on 2/19/2015 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Best foundation for dry skin. Love this! Applied with a damp beauty blender and it's flawless.
Finally! I've found an amazing foundation that feels great and looks great all day long!!!!!! :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Out of this and the normal Healthy Mix foundation, THIS IS THE WINNER!! I highly recommend this foundation if you are of mixed race ethnicity! (White/black caribbean) or if you have yellow undertoned in your skin. First of all, my skin is the type that is resistant to nearly EVERY MAKE UP LINE :(. My skin swallows up foundations, concealers, eyeliners, you name it! BUT BOURJOIS IS DIFFERENT!!!!! This company is my saving grace! I have a yellow based skintone, and (no thanks to my anemia) I am a lot lighter than I should be (which is naturally tanned). It is SO HARD for me to find a yellow-based foundation, in a world of pink foundations toned all the way down to oranges (which are then too dark) and then into deep browns. And then EVEN HARDER finding one that stays put for HOURS! I LOVE this foundation and 90% of bourjois products!