July 29, 2014 | 1183 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by januaryicecream

Love this foundation! I have dry skin and it blends over dry patches like a dream. The coverage is light - medium and although it does do a decent job covering my blemishes, you'll need to go over with a concealer for fuller coverage of problem areas. I use 52 and 53 and I am NC20-25 with yellow undertones so I find that both 52 and 53 work on me. I've been using this foundation for over a year and I still love it! Would highly recommend for people with dry to normal skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by 43emz

Doesn't make my skin look healthy so not sure about the name of this foundation, however the lightest vanilla shade is a perfect match for my pale skin. It gives a light to medium coverage but leaves my skin looking washed out and doesn't cover blemishes although the matching concealer does a good job at that. I tend to just use this foundation for school runs but if I'm at work or at an event I like to use a foundation that really improves the look of my skin, this one doesn't and also leaves my oily skin looking shiny so need extra powder (always use my favorite Cornsilk one), it does last all day though although if you have any dry/peeling patches this will highlight them. I wouldn't recommend this foundation if you have oily/acne prone skin but if your skin is in good condition you might like the light long lasting coverage this one provides.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by cealzie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a love/hate relationship with this product.
Most of the time it is simply a delight to apply and wear but man, just on /some/ days it SUCKS.
It has the ability to cling to dry patches (depending how it's applied, it should be applied with a light hand and not roughly rubbed into the skin cause that can exfoliate). So if you have dry skin- be careful with how you apply. Perfect for a normal skin or areas on your face that aren't dry and/or oily. Definitely not for oily skin.
It makes your skin look amazing and radiant but I wouldn't recommend in a very hot climate (cough cough Australian summers) regardless of how dry your skin is or how well you apply it because it can melt off even if you powder. Also kinda can come off if you wear glasses- make sure to lightly powder the area your frames touch your face ///after the foundation has set/// (that is v important otherwise it will look cakey).
Coverage is light and the shade selection kinda sucks- lucky that 51 light vanilla is perfect for me!
I got it on sale at my local priceline but even so it was still quite pricey for what it's worth, even in Australia where makeup is usually double the cost.
Absolutely lovely if you're having a good skin day and aren't breaking out!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by franneh

I finally found my HG foundation! Previously, I was using Revlon's Nearly Naked foundation, but I found that it made my t-zone oily after a few hours. It also didn't have a pump, which made it messy and unsanitary. The Liquid Bourjois Health Mix Serum Gel Foundation is the perfect consistency - it blends like a dream and has just the right amount of coverage. Not too light and not too cakey. A little goes a long way too; I'm talking half a pump can cover my entire face. I have fair / olive skin-tone and I use the shade 53 Beige Clair. After a whole day, this foundation does not make my skin oily or break me out, and that's really what sets it apart from many foundations that i've used in the past. It also has a pleasant fruity smell to it.

I heard through the grape vine that Bourjois is owned by Chanel, so you can trust that the quality is outstanding. Overall, great product. Will definitely be repurchasing when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2014 6:59:00 AM More reviews by Chanel96

The foundatiom feels to light and abit oily on my skin when applied. It does last all day and has a nice smell to it. I wouldnt by this again as it didnt seem right for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the best drugstore foundation I've tried. In terms of consistency, it really feels like silk on the skin-it's invigorating, blends seamlessly, and has a slight fruity pleasant smell. I have combo skin and this works perfectly for me-not drying and irritating in the least, but also not oily-you actually feel like you're not wearing any foundation, which is the hallmark of a good foundation. Also, the pump packaging and small bottle is convenient. My only gripe is the color selection-I'm an NW25-30- and shade 52 was clearly too pale, whereas 53 was too yellow toned. Thus, I'm forced to mix the two shades. That aside, I really enjoy this foundation and feel it'll be with me for a bit.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

The gel makeup easy to blend in seamlessly and the color range seems fair for a DS brand. This foundation is clearly not for oily or combination skin. After a few hours, the foundation seemed to build up and "swell" almost in the areas where there was oil, powdering helped to stem this slightly but it still happens.
If you have combination/oily skin, avoid this foundation. Normal to dry skin, I would expect this to be a wonderful foundation for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Yzyz

Amaaaaaaaaaaazing!
If my skin was a bit less flawed, it would've been the perfect foundation.

I'm saying this because I have terrible hyperpigmentation to the point you can notice the crazy redness all over my face from 20m away... yes it's that bad :(
and unfortunately this foundation is too light to cover all of it, although it does hide all redness! It does not hide but tones down some deeper coloured acne scars (eg: brown or purple).

Pros:
-light weight
-great fruity scent
-very spreadable
-not cakey
-lasts up to half a day (6-8 hrs)
-matches me (NC20 and 51 in this) perfectly (very fair yellow-undertoned asian skin)

Cons:
-price and quantity ratio
-not enough coverage (but then again, any higher coverage foundation would of been too thick for my liking and a little concealer on top of this one does the trick too)
(and also, most people would be happy with the coverage, I only have very terrible hyper pigmentation)

Overall, great foundation with most amazing consistency i have ever came across! Will definitely repurchase!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by tan0088

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to try this one out, and hoped it will work on my dry skin but this product is one of the worst I've tried, which is a real shame because I'm so in love with the original healthy mix foundation, that i was very disappointed with the serum.
This foundation is bad for dry skin, it flakes and clings on to the dry patches making them look ten times worse. Also the color I have 51 light vanilla is just yellow, its not like an undertone, but rather an overwhelming yellow tint.
tried to make it work with different primers and application methods but it's not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 8:41:00 AM More reviews by GarouxDesLarmes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is really nice light, dewy foundation for light coverage. It's great on dry skin but I wouldn't buy it again only because I need heavier coverage. However, if you need light coverage only this is a good choice because it's similar to some higher end foundations but a lot cheaper.