Urban Decay Cannonball

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane, Polyethlene, Dextrin Palmitate, Microcrystalline Wax, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Dimethicone, Rayon, Nylon-66, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Aqua (Water), Tocopherol. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 9/6/2013 9:59:00 AM

First off, let me describe what kind of lash look I personally like to go for with mascara. I have stick straight asian eye lashes that aren't the shortest, longer than average in the asian lash spectrum but still short compared to caucasian gals. I like them to look as natural, long and wispy as possible. I absolutely detest clumpy lashes and mascara that don't hold curl. Prior to Cannonball, I was a faithful fan of Dior Show Iconic Waterproof, but that was still a tad too clumpy for me and the curl hold wasn't that amazing. So, I decided to give Cannonball a try after hearing fellow asian ladies rave about them. I have to say, best $30 spent on a mascara. It gave me incredibly wispy, long (even longer than Dior Show gave me!), natural and held my curl. Now I can fake having "caucasian lashes"! It is also completely waterproof, I have taken showers with it and no panda eyes.

Only negative to this product is the removal process. It takes longer than usual to completely remove all traces of this. I use baby oil and Q tips & really work it into my lash line and takes about 5 - 10 solid minutes, which sucks because I don't want to be spending so much time removing my mascara. But this product gives me such a desirable lash look, I'll be using this for a very very long time.

on 9/5/2013 7:35:00 PM

I was one of those girls who only bought drug store brand mascaras. I was always told it was just as good as high-end ones. My favorite drug store mascara is Maybelline's The Falsies. Cannonball was the first "expensive" mascara I bought. It is very waterproof and holds up the curls in my short and straight lashes all day really well. I put several coats on and it does not make my lashes look clumpy. I didn't see any fall outs either throughout the day. This mascara definitely elongates my lashes. I wish it gave me more volume though. As far as taking off this mascara at night. It is just as hard to take off as other waterproof mascaras. I use a Japanese oil make up remover. I take my time and gently rub my lashes. After a regular facial cleanser, all the mascaras should all come off. This is definitely a great mascara. I love its small brushes which is very easy to work with.

on 9/2/2013 12:57:00 PM

This mascara has a lot of pros, but the con I found would make me not purchase it again, out of personal preference. I purchased it because it is well rated on MUA and a few beauty gurus I watch highly recommend it. For £15 (GBP) it is good. The good points are that it most definitely extends my lash length. I have short lashes and the difference is very noticeable. Secondly, it also doesn't clump too much so I don't find myself spending that much time tidying up my lashes after using it. Thirdly, it is very much smudge resistant, which is great because after changing to this mascara I find I don't have mascara around my eyes. However, it doesn't seem to hold curled lashes for me. I curl my lashes using a Shiseido eyelash curler thoroughly and then apply the mascara but it doesn't hold the curl. I find that quite a disappointment considering I heard that it is perfect for stopping lashes from drooping over the course of the day. I just find my lashes to be poker straight after a few hours. It does however, hold the curl better if there is something to stick to, like false lashes.

Overall, a decent mascara, much better than what I've ever used before but I'll continue my hunt for one which holds my curled lashes.

on 8/31/2013 3:55:00 PM

This is my first review and I felt compelled to write because this product is so amazing! I have super oily eyelids and have tried every so called waterproof mascara that there is (Chanel, diorshow, Mac, benefit, Stila, tarte etc.) Nothing has worked except for Bobbi brown no smudge mascara but its so expensive and it stayed but didn't really do anything for my lashes. That is until I found this mascara. It stayed all day in humid 100 degree weather didn't fall to under my eye and generally made my lashes look nicer. Highly recommend especially for those of us that have super oily eyes!

on 8/8/2013 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I recieved this mascara as a gift on my birthday, and to be honest, I probably would not have bought this mascara myself, just because I tend to typically go for drugstore mascaras, since the price of them are much cheaper, and a lot of the formulas are good. However, I never found a good, waterproof mascara that actually did not smudge when in the pool. This mascara stayed on and didn't smudge of come off on my face at all. I don't have the longest eyelashes, and they don't go straight or down, they slightly curl up. The formula of this mascara helped my lashes have more volume and length. I love the wand, but the first few times I applied this mascara, it made my eyelashes quite clumpy. After about 4-5 uses the mascara stopped clumping as much, which I was very happy about. I love this mascara and would definitely recommend it.

on 7/27/2013 4:09:00 PM

I love this mascara so much because it makes my lashes super long. That being said, its awesome staying power is a blessing and a curse. While it's pretty awesome when you're living in 90+ degree heat and a ton of humidity not to come home looking like you've been punched in the face, the stuff is dang near impossible to get off. Like, I feel like I need to add a jackhammer to my beauty product stash.

I would buy it again, but I also think I'd want to try out other waterproof mascaras before doing so.

on 7/26/2013 8:28:00 PM

I have been on quest for a mascara that doesn't travel. High end, low end. Nothing stays put. I found one or two but the application was so unremarkable. Hardly could tell I had lashes. BE Buxom is about the best I could find but it seemed to dry out so quickly. I just picked up Cannonball this past week and so far so good. I like the slim brush. It is able to get into those tight places in the corners. I hate those big fat brushes for this reason...I cannot get into those spaces. I have had no smudges or raccoon eyes using Cannonball. The application is nice, goes on well and a second coat gives me what I'm looking for.

My Asian lashes go straight down and hold zero curl with any mascara that is not waterproof.
This mascara is the best curl my lashes have managed to hold, and all day at that. It also gives my lashes some wonderful volume, and as long as I have properly cleaned my lashes the night before, theres no clumping.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I wish I didn't love this as much as I do! I have short, stick straight lashes and hooded eyelids that fold over my lashes, causing smudges and causing them to lose their curl. This mascara has fibers which helps extend my lashes and it is waterproof to keep from smudging and losing a curl. I really love the wand, and the formula. It is $20, which is a bit more than I would like to pay for mascara that needs to be changed in around 3 months, but it is good! I will purchase when I feel like spoiling myself (and when I haven't spent all my money on other makeup...heh). Covergirl's Clump Crusher is my favorite drugstore mascara, but UD Cannonball is definitely my all time favorite mascara! HG!

on 6/29/2013 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

When I first tried this, I hated it. The formula didn't blow me away and my eyelashes looked lightly defined. I spent $20 + tax on this?! I threw this back into my makeup drawer and went back to my Maybelline Full 'n Soft.

Two weeks later, with vegan documentaries lingering on my mind, I decided to give this mascara another shot. It's one of the few waterproof cruelty free options that are currently out there on the market that don't cost a buttload so I decided I really needed to try it out again. I don't know if that two week period helped, but the formula seemed to have thickened up a bit from the first time I opened the tube, and I found that this time, my lashes looked much fuller and lush.

Pros:
- excellent wand (very dense, short bristles so you can get in real close to the roots and it catches every lash)
- nice dark formula
- keeps my lashes curled (blinc mascara failed at this horribly)
- waterproof (I wore this to a facial and after the 75 min session ended, my skin was glowing thanks to my esthetician and my lashes were as dark and curled as ever)
- leaves lashes feeling lush (not stiff/crunchy)

Cons:
- this is a fiber mascara so you will get some fall out during the day...and my skin is oily so the fibers end up smudging on my cheeks
- cost $20 USD

I've since purchased this mascara four times and find it completely outshines higher and lower end waterproof mascaras I've tried. I toss my mascara every month so this is going to be expensive but it's the price I pay for vanity.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products