Urban Decay Cannonball

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane, Polyethlene, Dextrin Palmitate, Microcrystalline Wax, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Dimethicone, Rayon, Nylon-66, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Aqua (Water), Tocopherol. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 8/31/2013 3:55:00 PM

This is my first review and I felt compelled to write because this product is so amazing! I have super oily eyelids and have tried every so called waterproof mascara that there is (Chanel, diorshow, Mac, benefit, Stila, tarte etc.) Nothing has worked except for Bobbi brown no smudge mascara but its so expensive and it stayed but didn't really do anything for my lashes. That is until I found this mascara. It stayed all day in humid 100 degree weather didn't fall to under my eye and generally made my lashes look nicer. Highly recommend especially for those of us that have super oily eyes!

on 8/8/2013 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I recieved this mascara as a gift on my birthday, and to be honest, I probably would not have bought this mascara myself, just because I tend to typically go for drugstore mascaras, since the price of them are much cheaper, and a lot of the formulas are good. However, I never found a good, waterproof mascara that actually did not smudge when in the pool. This mascara stayed on and didn't smudge of come off on my face at all. I don't have the longest eyelashes, and they don't go straight or down, they slightly curl up. The formula of this mascara helped my lashes have more volume and length. I love the wand, but the first few times I applied this mascara, it made my eyelashes quite clumpy. After about 4-5 uses the mascara stopped clumping as much, which I was very happy about. I love this mascara and would definitely recommend it.

on 7/27/2013 4:09:00 PM

I love this mascara so much because it makes my lashes super long. That being said, its awesome staying power is a blessing and a curse. While it's pretty awesome when you're living in 90+ degree heat and a ton of humidity not to come home looking like you've been punched in the face, the stuff is dang near impossible to get off. Like, I feel like I need to add a jackhammer to my beauty product stash.

I would buy it again, but I also think I'd want to try out other waterproof mascaras before doing so.

on 7/26/2013 8:28:00 PM

I have been on quest for a mascara that doesn't travel. High end, low end. Nothing stays put. I found one or two but the application was so unremarkable. Hardly could tell I had lashes. BE Buxom is about the best I could find but it seemed to dry out so quickly. I just picked up Cannonball this past week and so far so good. I like the slim brush. It is able to get into those tight places in the corners. I hate those big fat brushes for this reason...I cannot get into those spaces. I have had no smudges or raccoon eyes using Cannonball. The application is nice, goes on well and a second coat gives me what I'm looking for.

My Asian lashes go straight down and hold zero curl with any mascara that is not waterproof.
This mascara is the best curl my lashes have managed to hold, and all day at that. It also gives my lashes some wonderful volume, and as long as I have properly cleaned my lashes the night before, theres no clumping.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I wish I didn't love this as much as I do! I have short, stick straight lashes and hooded eyelids that fold over my lashes, causing smudges and causing them to lose their curl. This mascara has fibers which helps extend my lashes and it is waterproof to keep from smudging and losing a curl. I really love the wand, and the formula. It is $20, which is a bit more than I would like to pay for mascara that needs to be changed in around 3 months, but it is good! I will purchase when I feel like spoiling myself (and when I haven't spent all my money on other makeup...heh). Covergirl's Clump Crusher is my favorite drugstore mascara, but UD Cannonball is definitely my all time favorite mascara! HG!

on 6/29/2013 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

When I first tried this, I hated it. The formula didn't blow me away and my eyelashes looked lightly defined. I spent $20 + tax on this?! I threw this back into my makeup drawer and went back to my Maybelline Full 'n Soft.

Two weeks later, with vegan documentaries lingering on my mind, I decided to give this mascara another shot. It's one of the few waterproof cruelty free options that are currently out there on the market that don't cost a buttload so I decided I really needed to try it out again. I don't know if that two week period helped, but the formula seemed to have thickened up a bit from the first time I opened the tube, and I found that this time, my lashes looked much fuller and lush.

Pros:
- excellent wand (very dense, short bristles so you can get in real close to the roots and it catches every lash)
- nice dark formula
- keeps my lashes curled (blinc mascara failed at this horribly)
- waterproof (I wore this to a facial and after the 75 min session ended, my skin was glowing thanks to my esthetician and my lashes were as dark and curled as ever)
- leaves lashes feeling lush (not stiff/crunchy)

Cons:
- this is a fiber mascara so you will get some fall out during the day...and my skin is oily so the fibers end up smudging on my cheeks
- cost $20 USD

I've since purchased this mascara four times and find it completely outshines higher and lower end waterproof mascaras I've tried. I toss my mascara every month so this is going to be expensive but it's the price I pay for vanity.

on 6/5/2013 2:52:00 PM

OMGG!! Finally I've found my HG mascara!!!!! This product is like magic! Best mascara EVERRRR~~ I have every short lashes and barely any :( But with this mascara I can have confident curled lashes!!! LOVE IT <3

on 5/10/2013 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have two criteria when it comes to mascara. The first is for it to be smudge proof. I have oily eyelids and typically suffer from raccoon eyes within 3 hours of applying mascara and eyeliner. In fact, I started avoiding mascara except for special occasions because it gets so bad. Of all the "waterproof" mascaras I've tried over the years, this one by far actually lives up to its label!!! I can't get myself to stop wearing it because I don't have to worry about it smudging off. My second criteria is for it to hold a curl. I have straight Asian lashes that point down and aren't visible unless I curl them. Usually after curling and applying mascara, they just end up flopping down 30 minutes later (another reason why I had given up on mascara). This one held my curl ALL DAY with the added benefit of adding just enough definition to my lashes. I was extremely impressed. It's almost too good to be true that after a decade, I have finally found a go-to mascara.

The price is $20 which I find to be on the lower end of the expensive mascara category. I've spent more on mascaras I didn't like, so I'm pretty ok with the price. In terms of packaging, I like the small wand so I can maneuver it more easily on my small eyes.

As a side note, I started using this mascara at the same time I bought the Shiseido eyelash curler, which I'm also loving. I haven't tested the mascara with my old less satisfactory curler, so maybe it's the new curler that is helping this mascara. Whatever I'm doing is working though. Cannonball + Shiseido curler = magic for my lashes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have very long lashes to begin with and purchased this waterproof mascara hoping it wouldn't transfer makeup onto my eyelid. I've been using this mascara for about 6 months now and it's definitely tear and smudge resistant! My only complaint is that this mascara is prone to clumping and I always get little mascara fibers flaking off of my lashes and into my eye. Still better than most mascaras I've tried, but not 'in love' with it.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products