January 27, 2015 | 1994 users online

Mascara - Urban Decay - Cannonball

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by kisskissbangbang1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have very long lashes to begin with and purchased this waterproof mascara hoping it wouldn't transfer makeup onto my eyelid. I've been using this mascara for about 6 months now and it's definitely tear and smudge resistant! My only complaint is that this mascara is prone to clumping and I always get little mascara fibers flaking off of my lashes and into my eye. Still better than most mascaras I've tried, but not 'in love' with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by yian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The mascara does what it says it will, but nothing to write home about.
It really does live up to the ultra-waterproof claim, and it holds curve really well.
It's decent at volumizing and good at lengthening, but again, nothing to write home about.
So how much you like this is going to depend on what you need a mascara to do. If you need something that holds curl and is not going to budge, this would be the one for you.
For me, I need a lot more volume and length given how sparse my lashes are.
One thing to note: cannonball is a fibre mascara, so when I put on one too many coat, my lashes would look very "lumpy". Sometimes I also get little pieces of mascara breaking free and ending up on my face, but that's pretty minimum.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 1:11:00 AM More reviews by shi1

I like this mascara. It is able to get me through a day of work followed by a session of hot yoga. It really holds a curl and makes lashes nice and separated but it does smudge if you have oily skin. Once the oil starts breaking down the mascara the waterproof power is weakened so it kind of smudges/flakes. Aside from this, its a nice mascara with a natural finish. If you don't suffer oily lids, this should work well for you. The packaging is simple but the cap locks into position well so I like it. The brush is not too large which I also appreciate because it makes it easier for small eyes and getting into corners.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 6:11:00 AM More reviews by genica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The most difficult part of my cruelty-free transistion has been finding a good, inexpensive, w/p mascara. I typically purchase high-end products but mascara was always one item I purchased from the drugstore. Unfortunately most of the cruelty-free d/s brands don't make one, or if they do, it never seems to be carried in the store. (Or it's WnW and their w/p mascara was terrible). UD is a brand I love, so I went ahead and spent $20 for this. It holds a curl in my lashes, is truly w/p, does not smudge all day long, and adds good volume and length. There are only two drawbacks. First, the lengthening fibers tend to flake off throughout the day and stick under my eyes and on the tops of my cheeks. It's noticable and a nuisance. Second, after years of using top quality drugstore mascaras, I can confidently say that the formula for this is not worth $20; however, the peace of mind from using a cruelty-free product is. Would I repurchase? Yes. But if I find a cheaper drugstore alternative that holds a curl, that's what I'll be switching to.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Anna7

Absolutely terrific. First, it goes on smoothly, without clumps. It doesn't dry out lashes, like some other waterproof mascaras, and it doesn't get brittle after a few hours. Most importantly, it's truly waterproof. We just got back from vacation in Hawaii, and it stayed on through hours of sweating, swimming, snorkeling, you name it.

I used it with Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Cream Eyeshadow and Indelible Waterproof Smudge-Proof Gel Eyeliner from M*A*D Minerals, I recommend both, whether for swimming or less wet occassions...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 2:50:00 AM More reviews by gpark02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I heard about this amazing product though frmheadtotoe Jen. I believe this mascara is 20$ at Sephora and well worth the price. It lengthens and holds my stubborn straight Asian eyelashes curl. It really completes my eye makeup.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

Apparently I'm going to be one of the few that was disappointed in the waterproofness of this. It lasts thru rain showers and crying, but only lasted about 15 minutes in the pool (granted this is longer than most, but for the price, I expect it to last until I take it off.) The quest to replace CG's Marathon mascara continues...:(

For this price I will not re-purchase.

I gave it a 3 because I do like the look of my lashes w/ this on (length + some volume) but again, I can get this same look from my regular ds mascaras....

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by alliegv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am extremely impressed. This is the first mascara I've tried (and I've been through several drugstore and high end brands) that has actually held a curl. It lengthens pretty well, separates lashes, and you can build a lot of volume. As for it's ability to hold after being in the water, it does droop a bit. Overall, I am very happy with is mascara.

EDIT: Sigh. I have to take off a lippie. This stuff was amazing the first few times I used it, but I have not been able to achieve the amazing results I had when I bought it. It now feels really dried out and kind of clumpy. :( It's not too bad, but I can no longer call this one HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by ATbravesBabex3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best waterproof mascara I've ever used! Just to put this in perspective, I just came back from vacation in Key West, FL. I snorkeled, went para-sailing, swam (both pool and ocean), rode a mo-ped in the rain (long story), and wore this mascara through it all. No streaking, smudging, or budging of any kind. At the end of the day it looked just like it had when I applied it in the morning. This stuff doesn't come off until you decide to take it off! But the best thing is, it makes your lashes look GREAT! I hate waterproof mascara that doesn't do a dang thing for your lashes because what's the point?! This stuff lengthens, adds volume, thickness, etc. It's perfect, no need to search for another waterproof mascara...this one is perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by GalileosDaughter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

The best waterproof mascara that gives a dramatic look. No fragrance, doesn't smudge or flake- really a great mascara.