Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Core Collection

4.5

on 1/12/2014 4:29:00 AM

I normally wouldn't buy a set I usually just buy singles but I love this set but I must admit I have no use for the foundation brush due to it being so tiny but I do love & use all the others & it was such a good price.

on 1/6/2014 4:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love these brushes. I bought these after reading a lot on them and am happy I did. I almost got the Ecotools. These are so soft and such an affordable price for the set at $17.99. I used a coupon from Ulta for $5 off and got them for $12.99! WOW such a great deal for such great brushes! The quality is insanely good.

The little detailer brush is my favorite for applying lipstick, its is SO precise. I have never had such a great lip brush before. The buffing brush is great for really buffing in mineral foundation and blush. The bronzer brush is just great. All of them are so great, I couldn't be happier and will be getting more!

on 12/29/2013 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Amazing brushes!! This beats any drug store or even MAC brush ive ever used. The best brush of this pack being the buffing brush that i use with my mac studio fix powder. It now replaces my $70 mac brush 129! I also love the contour brush for my bronzer. These brushes are versatile and can be used with many products in many ways. The only brushes i now need is real techniques!! Its just a pity how high the mark up is in australia compared to the us

on 12/26/2013 11:14:00 PM

I heard a lot of rave reviews about real technique so when I saw them on sale @ Harmon's I said why not. These brushes are awesome! They bristles feel dense & strong and they do not shed!! I hate when brushed shed. These are great brushes.I also bought the eye collection set which I haven't used yet. Def. worth it & you won't be breaking the bank buying these.

on 12/20/2013 6:34:00 PM

An amazing set of brushes that I would recommend to anyone. The brushes are amazing and do what they say. I would recommend this to anyone if they were interested in buying makeup brushes. The concealer brush is the perfect size for spot concealing and the buffing brush is amazing to put on foundation or blending things in.

on 12/8/2013 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What can i say......i,m a huge Real Techniques fan and love all brushes because the do what they promisse and alway's.

These are amazing!! 2nd best to IT COSMETICS brushes but are heaps cheaper and and do everything I want them to! These do not shed all over your face!! I have tried many brands, mac, Estée Lauder, napoleon perdis heaps of high end and low end that just shed all over your face! Annoying!! But finally have found 2 brands I would recommend and that is all the Real techniques brushes and it cosmetics brushes, trust me I've tried them all! :)

on 11/29/2013 7:27:00 PM

I love these brushes!

Buffing brush: Used to apply my bb cream/foundation OR with my setting powder

Detailer brush: Used to put concealer around my eyebrows to shape them

Contour brush: Used to contour

Foundation brush: At first I disliked this brush BUT if you have any liquid foundation w/o a pump, just pour some onto this brush and use it to apply it to your face! Then use a different brush to blend it all in! :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

These brushes are really lovely - for the price range.
I got mine online and they cost about 23 Euros, for 4 brushes that's pretty cheap!
They seem well-made, are all very soft and light, and easy to hold.
It might be geeky but I love that they have their functions written on the brushes. The black fold-up case is great for travelling, so your brushes don't get squashed in an overstuffed washbag. It's also open on three sides, which means that even if you packed them up, the brushes would still have a chance to dry after you've washed them.

The buffing brush is my absolute favourite, like most reviewers. It's incredibly soft yet sturdy and with its big flat surface, makes light work of blending careful contouring and base to look really gorgeous & natural. I think this brush is worth the price of admission by itself :-)

The smaller (detailer) brush is also very useful, I have a few pigmentation spots and use it with concealer after foundation, before powder or highlighter. Some concealer brushes are so tiny, you need to go over & over the spot, but this one is perfect for a "wash" over a small surface.

The contouring brush is good, but fluffier than I have been using.
I think it depends on the product you use with it (I use the Sleek Contouring Set in Light which is very blendable) but it's still a dependable and precise brush for the job, as long as you have a really good buffing brush - see above.

The pointed foundation brush is my least favourite. I have a great old one (got it in Japan, sadly can't remember the brand) which is larger, rounded and flat with silkier and longer bristles: I find this a much better base brush, as the RT one seems to leave a few "tracks" behind.

Since I only got them recently, it's too soon to say how the RT brushes will last. I wash my brushes often so they may start to show a bit of wear.
Overall, I think they're good, solid brushes and a bargain.

on 11/20/2013 12:56:00 PM

I think compared to mac brushes these perform better especially in regards to the price. The shapes are also much better suited for the face and the contours of the face.

HOWEVER, i own about 15 brushes by this brand and i have to say the quality is DIRE. I've owned mac brushes for years and they perform great and they LAST! you pay a bit more but they last, by no means do i think MAC brushes are the be all and end all cause they arent, bar a few standouts like the 217, however this is the brand people compare with real techniques.

But these brushes, the more you use and wash them the more the hairs fall out and in 4 cases the entire HEAD if the brush has come out and this is after a year or 6 months of usage in some cases. I've had my MAC brushes for 5 years and not had any issue with fallout or anything.

I'll be taking my custom to waynse goss his brushes look much better, they'r pricier but i always say, invest in good brushes and you'll see a difference, they last forever, good brushes anyway. These, will not!

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products