August 30, 2014 | 1602 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Core Collection

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by igotalittledevil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this set is not as good as say.wonderful hand work,but just not that useful.powder brush could be bigger,foundations brush cant blend well,concealing brush hard to use,contour brush not bad,but as a brush set,can only give 3 star for it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 5:13:00 AM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are a bargain I will say that but I personally don't think these brushes are great. The buffing brush absorbs all of my product, it's unreal. I guess I just prefer more denser brushes & better quality. I won't be repurchasing anymore brushes from this line. But if you absolutely can't afford anything better then these brushes then u should try these..that's if u can't hold out & save ur money for better quality. Sigma, crown, Sedona lace, and Mac are the best. Crown has some amazing deals sometimes & their quality is ten times better. Hautelook.com features their products often.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Samr29

I love this set! I used to use the Clinique flat brush, which is nice but since I have had this set I have used nothing but these brushes. The buffing brush is fab! It blends my foundation so well and gives it an even finish unlike a flat brush which I think leaves lines and takes a bit of blending. The only brush I don't use as much out of this set is the flat foundation brush, I think it is too small to apply foundation, it seems to work better for concealer and doing smaller areas of the face. The other 2 brushes are great too and I get a lot of use out of these, you can use them for more than one purpose. Since purchasing this set I have gone out and bought he other RT brushes and the new sponge and I love them all!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by violetbaudelaire27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought these after hearing much hype at Walmart for about $20? Totally worth it, as it works out to about $4 (CAD in my case) a brush.

I've mostly just used the contouring brush, but I've also used the concealer brush for both concealer and as a lip brush and it's wonderful. The liquid foundation brush is OK but I've been mostly using my Sephora no.47 lately and my fingers.

I've not got much use out of the brush that's intended for mineral foundation because I predominately use liquid foundations.

Great value for money and adorable/practical case is great for standing on your drawers or travel!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had read great reviews of these Real Techniques brushes on beauty blogs and so when Ulta had a 20% off everything storewide, I jumped on this opportunity to grab a starter set. These came packaged in a nice stand/travel case, but I removed them and store them with my other brushes so I can't say how well the stand performs or how sturdy it is. It will be great for travel though to keep them organized and protected. The brushes are very soft and flexible and feel soft when you use them. I love applying my foundation with the foundation brush as it goes on so smoothly and looks airbrushed when I am finished. My only complaint is that the foundation brush is somewhat small and I get impatient trying to do a whole face, but for the performance and the low price, I can overlook that. That's why I took off 1 lippy on the rating. The contour brush works well for both bronzer or blush or highlighter and the buffing brush is sooo soft and fluffy and it blends everything and gives a beautiful finish. I've had these 2 weeks now and so far these wash and dry well without distortion of the fibers or loss of bristles. I am so delighted with this set of brushes and I am now raving about them too! Even full price this set is less than $20 which is a bargain for the quality and performance of these. This would be a fantastic gift for the make up artist/beauty lover.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 7:44:00 AM More reviews by kmp789

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this set and the Real Techniques Starter Brush Set at drugstore.com when there was a buy one get one 50% off deal. I am so glad I did because these brushes are the softest ones I own. I love them!

My favorite brush out of this set is the contour brush. It is the perfect size and wonderfully tapered to give a beautiful, soft effect when adding a bit of contour or blush. I use it to highlight as well. I wish I had 2 more of these brushes I love it so much!

I don't use powder foundations since I have dry skin, but the buffing brush works great for any liquid foundation (stick to a beauty blender for creams though). It would also work well for applying a primer, tinted moisturizer, BB cream, etc.

The foundation brush is a bit small to use for foundation application, in my opinion. But when I want a bit of a stronger contour this brush easily gives a more concentrated color that I can blend out. This brush is not particularly dense, but it gets the job done. Some may also find this brush to be useful for blending out concealer (I prefer to use my finger or the dome shaped brush from the Starter Brush Set).

Lastly, the detailer brush is also tapered and is pretty small. I do not use it for spot concealing or anything like that, but it makes for a great lip brush. It is also a great tool for very precise highlighting (i.e., inner corner of the eye).

Overall, these brushes are worth the price (averaging $18) to me. They come in a neat foldable case that can be converted into a stand, and the quality is there. The only brush I've experienced shedding with was the buffing brush (this was before I even used it once), but this was very minimal and after one washing it has never shed again. Again, I love the feel of these brushes, and when you are using something on your face I think it should be soft. If I lost these brushes, or even just the contour or buffing brushes alone, I would repurchase the set (I do wish they were sold individually though).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Simonjw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

For £20.99 this is a bargain and I'm so happy I bought these! The buffing brush is by far my favourite and can be used for so many things. The reason I have it 4/5 is only due to the foundation brush I just wish it was larger

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by SiteNo8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this set and the Eye Starter set at Walmart. These are very good quality brushes for an excellent price. Both sets fit into one case, plus EcoTools' large powder brush and custom coverage buffing brush. I really like that the case is appropriate for travel, and stands up while in use, too.
The three brushes with this set are a foundation brush (yellow), multi task brush (pink), and a domed shadow brush (purple). I find the multi task brush great for blush and bronzer, and the domed brush is perfect for the eyelid crease. I don't use the foundation brush for foundation, though. I tried it, but I prefer a chisel brush. It does do a good job of evenly applying concealer under my eyes.
I've been using these brushes for about 8 weeks. They are still soft, they don't shed, and they perform as well as ever.
I rated them 4, not 5, because I had to buy 2 sets to get the brushes I wanted. I could not buy them separately. Not sure if this was due to Real Techniques, or the store.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by cginel90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best brushes I have owned so far. The bristles are super soft and apply makeup nicely. My only complaint is the case it comes with. It is not made very well but I use it as a drying stand when I was my brushes which works great.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Monyak12

So far this is the best brush set ive ever had! Among the three brushes i am deeply keen with the buffing brush. The white color on the tip of the brush lets you know if there's still product remaining when youre cleaning the brush. Its worth every penny!