April 16, 2014 | 1992 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Core Collection

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

Five stars, hands down.
My absolutely favorite brush in this kit is the buffing brush. Holy cow it is THAT good. It looks small, but it delivers like no other. It is super super soft, it is dense, therefore it makes the application of any product like a dream. I ALWAYS use this brush while applying my Chanel bronzing base (the one that gives everyone a hard, puzzled time). This brush makes the application so easy and effortless that you won't believe it. I also absolutely love using this after applying a cream blush if I feel like some edges need to me smoothed out for a more unified, flawless look.
Now, you cannot get this brush by itself which is OK since the rest of the brushes are just as good!
It took me a while to get used to the foundation brush (the flat one) and I loooove it now! It looks small, but it doesn't take long at all to distribute the product on the face. It is flexible, therefore it covers everything perfectly and has no hard time getting around tricky areas (nose, between the eyebrows).
The accent brush is truly a multitasker, since it is big enough to be used for concealer and it is small enough to be smudge eyeshadow and applying highlight in the inner eye corners.
Finally, the contour brush is so cute! I always use it to apply a powder highlighter and sometimes even blend my eyeshadow with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I found the core collection along with two other sets in the SALE bin at my local Walmart! Of course I scooped it up! The brushes are so so soft, they don't scratch my face, nor do they leave that itchy feeling, i'v washed them over ten times and there's been no shedding! For every day, I like to use the contour brush to blend my under eye concealer, and then go in with the buffing brush for a bit of powder and wabam! It's such a breeze to use them!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by silviamuic

Yes yes yes! Amazing brushes!! Bought at Walmart for 18.00$ would for sure recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

okay, I went on vacay anf totally forgot to pack a powder brush. I visited the walmart in la and found this. and...lets just say I regret not trying this out earlier. I think the disappointment of sigma brushes compared to the YouTube hype saddened me.

well, the quality and softness is amazing. what's even more important is how well these distribute product onto your face. my studio fix powder looked so good with these brushes that I might not use liquid foundation for summer. all of the brushes in this set works well and the price is the best part.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by albs

I almost need a second set of these. These brushes are so versatile they're almost TOO versatile! They're fantastic quality; soft, sturdy, easy to clean and nice-looking (in my opinion). I have multiple uses for most of them. I am considering another set just to have another buffing and contour brush because I use them for so many different things and am constantly washing them.

Buffing Brush: One of my two most used brushes out of this set, and also one of my most used brushes in general. I use this to buff in foundation or powder primarily (washing in between of course). Sometimes if I'm a little too heavy-handed on the blush I will use this to buff out the edges and fix it up a little.

Contour Brush: I NEVER contour so I cannot speak to how well this brush preforms that function. I use this for many other things, this is the star out of this set for me. I've used it with powder highlights for the tops of my cheekbones and it works quite well for that. It's also really nice for illuminating lotions that I like to apply around my eyes. I also really like to use it for a more precise blush application. I've used it to set powder specifically where I want it which is nice because often I need just a very light dusting in my T-zone. I've also recently started using this to blend concealer under my eyes and it works so well for that. The light application prevents cakey-ness and it's gentle and doesn't tug at the skin under my eyes.

Detailer Brush: I honestly don't use this one very often because I have several small brushes like this. It's not too bad for applying concealer precisely, and I imagine it would work fairly well as a lip brush or for eye details.

Pointed Foundation Brush: Too small for me to use for foundation but I do really like it for concealer, especially if I'm just going to conceal and powder and not bother with foundation. You can blend concealer in fairly well with this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

Really like this collection. I mainly use the buffing contouring brush because I dont like paddle brushes. I use the rt expert face brush to apply my fdnt and blend it in. Then i use the buffing brush over my face. I havent used the buffing brush to apply fdnt yet, but I will try. Contouring brush is nice, not dense enough to blend the contouring powder though. I use the buffer to blend my hoola bronzer. These brushes are so cheap yet made with high quality materials, soft and dense bristles, cute appearance with flat bottoms so they can stand up. The travel case is awesome for packing them up and bringing along.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2013 5:35:00 AM More reviews by JohanneKristensen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I must admit I was a bit dissapointed when I got them in the mail. I think they are a bit too small to use for foundation - especially the stippling brush! Or maybe I have a big face? ;-) But I have found other use for them and I now love the pointed contouring brush, it's the best for applying concealer, because it blends so well! I love love love that!

EDIT:
These are some great quality brushes. But I find them way to small and I rarely use them anymore. The only one I have used regularly is the contouring brush for applying concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Bazingaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this for a great price from amazon, even cheaper than superdrug with student discount. I use all of them pretty much everyday- the buffing brush for foundation, the pointed foundation brush for spot concealing, the contour brush for contouring, highlight or under eye concealer buffing, and the detailed brush for spot concealing or inner corner highlight. The brushes are so multi purpose so it's a great set for anyone starting off with brushes. They're fantastic quality and cruelty free

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Annabellapop

Love love love

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 7:40:00 AM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Definitely one of my best purchases thus far. Has anyone tried a product and was completely wowed by it that you beat yourself up for not getting it earlier? Yeahh that was totally me. I bought it at £16 on Amazon and that's a steal if you ask me. The versatility of these brushes are beyond phenomenal and not to mention the value for money! I personally use the buffing brush for my liquid foundation, I haven't noticed any shedding at all but I love the airbrushed effect it gives me. I also use the detailer brush for spot concealing on my forehead and sometimes defining my eyebrows with concealer for that ultra sharp look, again - amazing brush for the versatility. The contour brush though... oooh outstanding. I was considering purchasing the MAC 138 but the hefty price tag put me off, the Real Techniques counterpart however outdoes itself, I'm able to really define my cheekbones as softly or as harsh as I want, the really soft bristles aid this too. I'd definitely recommend these brushes, people who have yet to buy: don't sleep! feed into the hype!.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No