Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup Base

4.4

on 4/2/2013 3:49:00 AM

I know a lot of people luv this... i so want to love it and tried to give it a chance but it just takes away the glow/ freshness out from my skin. Looks jaundiced yellowish on me as if I have liver problems.I still think that a warm Peachy blush is the best bronzer for fair skin, just me....

on 3/30/2013 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I know this bronzer seems to be well liked, but I'm not crazy about it. Every time I wear it, it seems to oxidize and look orange on me. Very fake looking. I am now using the Laura Mercier creme bronzer that looks very natural but a beautiful bronze color. Does not oxidize. I feel like with Chanel you are paying for the name and not always getting the best product. Some of their products I really love, but some are just hype because of the name. Chanels creme bronzer is one of them unless you like an orange complextion.

on 3/30/2013 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this product! I'm not usually a fan of bronzers (the only other bronzing product I own is the Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons one and I use it rarely) but this is such a beautiful product. It is smooth, easy to apply and blend (I use the Real Techniques expert face brush) and works well as a contour despite the fact I prefer ashy colours as a contour. It's just stunning and looks so natural on. And of course it comes in luxurious Chanel packaging, topped with a gold logo. Definitely worth the extra $$$

on 3/2/2013 2:52:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my HG bronzer. I have bought this a couple of months ago. It was hard to decide which way too use it in the first place. But now I use it with my MAC 130 brush to contour and I love it! It looks so natural on my nc25-30 skintone! This bronzer is definetely prices but worth the money! I would repurchase it!

on 2/18/2013 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

MUA is wonderful for consumer reviews but it can be bad for my wallet, lol.

I have never paid this much for a bronzer, especially in a non-powder formula but I was intrigued enough to try it out at a Chanel counter to see how it would look like.
The MA was great and she showed me how she was applying the bronzer and she suggested I use this as a base before applying foundation and everything else.
The result was a nice, healthy glow without looking orange.
My skin tone is warm to begin with although I think if you're very pale, this may look orange.
For reference, I'm NC30/C3, Asian colouring.

I used a stippling brush and gently dabbed on the contours of my cheeks and up along the forehead and I loved the natural sunkissed look it gave me.
My skin looked healthy and dewy but not shiny, thanks to the mousse formula. (I tend to be on the oily side)

The Chanel MA suggested a more dewy look to avoid a dull complexion from using too many powder products. (I usually use powder foundation and powder bronzer and blush)

Oh yes, I did use a liquid foundation (Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua) with this bronzer and wow, what a difference in my finished makeup look.

The container is huge and since I use so little of the product at a time, it will last me forever.

Glad I caved in and got this.

on 2/17/2013 11:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is the best bronzer I've ever used. I've been on the hunt for the perfect bronzer for my skintone (nc35-mac) and before this it was MAC's Give me sun bronzer, which is amazing on me. On my skin both look almost identical, the only difference is the finish. MAC is a powder and Chanel's is a cream which I usually prefer cream products on my cheeks. It looks more natural. So yes, this is a hit in my book.

on 1/23/2013 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Soleil Tan De Chanel, also known by itís other name Bronze Universel, is a cream-based bronzer. The texture of it feels as smooth as butter, and when swiped on my hand it feels slightly gel-like. When I apply and buff this into my cheeks, it blends into a very smooth velvet finish. It blends onto the skin beautifully well Ė unlike other cream products that can just sit on the skin and ruin foundation underneath by causing a Ďholeí, it glides like silk on my cheeks. I would say that the finish of it is satin, almost totally matte but not quite. Oh, and it also has a very fresh scent to it too!

The colour of Soleil Tan De Chanel is a gorgeous golden tan, very warm-based. As Iím medium-skinned, it looks very flattering, but I also put some on my sister, who is paler (NW25) and it looked so good! I obviously use it as a bronzer and also as a contour with a light hand. It does wonders to warm up my complexion, adding a hit of colour and a healthy glow. There is ZERO glitter or shimmer in the bronzer, which is great! You can leave your cheeks with the Soleil Tan De Chanel on, or you can also add highlighter and/or blush over the top without any streaking.

The key I have found to using it for flawless, easy results is to use a synthetic face brush. I dip the brush in the bronzer around 3 times, then start to stipple it on my cheeks. I repeat this method if I want a little bit more colour, stippling and buffing it in gently. Itís easy to get a light or darker look using this method of application. I love to use my Sigma F84 for this purpose (any of the Sigmax HD brushes will work well for application).

Soleil Tan De Chanel is priced at £29, which may seem very expensive, but so worth it, because you get a full 30g or product, considering most bronzers contain only a measly 9g!

on 1/19/2013 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I purchased this product after many great reviews and it was worth it. Very natural look, build up when necessary. Lovely packaging, worth the price.

on 1/10/2013 9:54:00 AM

I simply adore the look of this bronzer. I use it mainly to contour because it is very subtle and natural looking.

Unfortunately, one (or more) of the ingredients does not agree with my skin. When I use this I get tiny bumps on my cheeks where I've contoured.

Such a shame because it is a really beautiful product. Never turns orange on my skin, nor is it too shimmery.

If you are looking for a bronzer that sinks into your skin and is versatile enough to be used as a foundation (if your skin tone allows it), sculpting tool or bronzer - give this one a try. This is worth the price. Lovely and elegant as so many other Chanel products.

Popular Bronzers