July 25, 2014 | 1789 users online

Bronzers - Chanel - Soleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup Base

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 6:48:00 AM More reviews by jenn198310

I love this bronzer. Initially when i saw it i thought it will be very heavy on my face during the summer but on the contrary i love it. I was even using this when i was in hot temperature like 40 degrees and still did not feel sticky.
Love it n worth the value

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

I bought this after reading several reviews and YT videos. In the pan, it looks very orangey but on the skin, its actually very subtle. On my NC20-25 skin, it just gives a very natural warmth. I use Sigma F82 blush to apply this. I can see this lasting me a really long time even with daily use.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by lillimariel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

GREAT PRODUCT - No allergies with this one. Also as my skin is getting more dry with age, this cream bronzer works wonders. It's extremely easy to apply, goes on light and can be layered. And looks great. This is my new HG bronzer (previous was Lambada by Becca, also nice, but I find powder takes away moisture from my face these days).

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by acamirand

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i didn't dislike the product, but i wouldn't buy again....why? i didn't like the texture so much!!! i tought it would be more gel-y or something....i find the powdery texture difficult to apply with fingers, it doesn't really sticks to them? also i found that it left uneven color on my skin.i couldn't wear it alone beacause of my uneven skin, and i found that: forget about putting this on top of your foundation: it involves too much rubbing in order to get the color even and it'll make your foundation patchy. although i liked the packaging, a bonus point is that it takes so little that this product will probably last for years and years!!! even tought its expensive, a little goes such a long way that you would have to buy several other products to cover for the life span of this one. it definitely ends up being cheaper buying the chanel one :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by roni92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Now that winter is coming and I'm losing my tan (nc40-42) this cream bronzer gives a great natural tan effect. I have dry skin even in summer, I've paled up to nc35-37 and when I first tried it I applied too much! But this bronzer blends out like a dream! (: if you are quite fair skinned, I would just be cautious so this doesn't look orange on you. I use a flat top synthetic brush to apply this cream. (Mac 130) I don't set it due to my dry skin, it sets to a nice satin almost matte finish. The scent to me smells like lotion or sunscreen even though there is no SPF in this bronzer. If you are lemming this product I totally recommend it! My SA at the counter used it as a bronzer, contour, then applied blush :) soo pretty for winter and spring. I do plan to buy the illuminating liquid in sunkissed for spring for that bronze glow :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by sailorj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just love this bronzer, I've been looking for it for about 6 or 7 years...this color that is. I don't have anything new to add to the other five star reviews, but a few thoughts on the color...
I'm extremely fair with oily, sensitive skin (prone to cheek redness/flushing), and I have always been on the quest for a great bronzer to just warm me up but not be too dark on my pale skin. I specifically wanted something peachy-with orange undertones. I cannot wear powder blushes or bronzers as they darken significantly on me after only an hour or two. I thought I had found what I was looking for with the NARS Multiple in Tuomota, but this product was discontinued. I thought I should purchase some backups left on ebay and Amazon but wanted to check out the Chanel first. I brought what I had left of the NARS product to a Chanel counter and was amazed at how peachy warm this bronzer was compared to significant red undertones in Tuomota-those red tones only became apparent when next to the Soleil Tan de Chanel, but it was enough for me to know I didn't want to hunt for what was left of a discontinued product. I threw out the NARS and bought the Chanel.
I know some people really hate bronzers with an orange cast, if you are one of those people, you will not like this. In my opinion orange is too harsh a term, to me it's peachy, but if you don't like that look you won't be happy with Soleil Tan de Chanel. This product also is not going to be dark enough for some medium complexions and darker. I love that you can really build the intensity, so I can wear it in the dead of winter one way and in the summer when I have a little color. If you are looking for a bronzer, this is definitely worth checking out at the counter at least. I was surprised. Also, great finish, wears well, easy to apply with fingers or brush. Youtube has great videos.
Good luck to you on your perfect bronzer quest!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by gagag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I can see how this might require a bit of trial and error, but once you're comfortable with this product you'll wonder how you ever lived without it. Having watched several youtube videos that hailed this as the second coming, I wanted to try it but the price on Amazon was over $100. However, if purchased directly from the Chanel website or a Chanel counter, then it's around $48. Yes, it's pricey, but rest assured it will last a really long time because it's dense and a little goes a very long way. I'm naturally fair. Though I burn easily, it is possible for me to tan if I do so very gradually. This product is literally the color I turned back in the days when I tanned: a pinkish bronze. It is far and away the most natural tan color I've ever come across. It definitely takes a light hand and quite a bit of blending to achieve the best results. It's completely buildable, so use sparingly at first. I use this with a MAC 109 brush, and lightly bounce the bristles into the product - a well-designed shallow jar - and then I go directly on to my face. I skip using the back of my hand to disperse the product, as a lot of pale folks do, because it seems like such a waste; just don't pick up so much product, and use a light touch when you apply it. The density of the 109 makes it easy to blend, so that helps. There's no shimmer and the consistency is very smooth. While it's lovely for contouring, I use it to help mask my ruddy complexion by using it as a base to warm up my entire face. It doesn't provide much coverage, but that's not really the purpose. I use this beneath my foundation as an all-over color, and sometimes I use it on top for contouring. It's one of the few cream bronzers that looks just as beautiful on top of powder as it does beneath. It reminded me of why I used to ignore all the warnings and tan in the sun. It really makes my green eyes stand out and my teeth look whiter - and not a hint of fake bake about it! Plus, unlike a real tan, it leaves my skin supple and luminous. This is an outstanding product if you experiment with it a bit - it's really not as difficult as it may seem, and it's well worth the effort!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by xoashleynicolee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is an absolute must for me. I just got it about three months ago and think that it looks absolutely gorgeous. I have a medium skin tone , but a super pale face. I have no idea why, but my face doesn't tan. I use this product to contour and match my face to the rest of my body. This is a silicone based product, so don't leave the lid off or it will dry out. The color looks great on pale skin-tones when excess is dabbed off on the back of your hand to enhance your complexion one or two shades. It also looks great on medium skin tones to brighten up any ashy tones that deeper complexions tend to get. This product is medium coverage and pretty pricey, but you get a lot of product and it will last forever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 4:00:00 AM More reviews by samuellewis

What can i say that hasn't already been said? I debated so long befoe buying this, i'm a frequent fake tan user so i was sceptical about whether this would actually show up enough on my skin to make a difference to my contouring technique. However it does just that, it's a lovely formula, cream is so much wearing than powder. You get 30 grams, almost 3x that of mac and 4 x bobbi brown! The packaging is beautiful and i got a few samples when purchasing which i also love, hydramax range. I use a MAC 168 brush to apply to the hollows of my cheeks, under my jawline and my temples and it gives me a gorgeous natural sunkissed glow and a gorgeous contour. I'm really pleased with this and will probably buy again if/when i run out! Which wont be forever seeing as you get so much product. Much better than mac mineralize or bobbi brown bronzers in my opinion, not tried nars laguna however, and probably wont now after loving this so much!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2012 5:45:00 AM More reviews by jlbre5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Im fairly pale (BB Sand, Clinique Alabaster-Ivory, MAC NC15-20), with combo skin. I apply this cream bronzer with a RT powder brush or RT blush brush (tip: use a synthetic brush)
Pros: Cream bronzer that dries to a luminous moisturised appearance that doesnt look greasy, looks flattering on paler skins, expensive but will LAST a long time, non-shimmery, container is *very* accessible.
Cons: Difficult to learn how to apply at first
Verdict: Really like this as an alternative to my HG Bobbi Brown bronzer, freshens my look up and great to contour. Will buy again

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No