April 20, 2014 | 1924 users online

Bronzers - Chanel - Soleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup Base

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by sailorj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just love this bronzer, I've been looking for it for about 6 or 7 years...this color that is. I don't have anything new to add to the other five star reviews, but a few thoughts on the color...
I'm extremely fair with oily, sensitive skin (prone to cheek redness/flushing), and I have always been on the quest for a great bronzer to just warm me up but not be too dark on my pale skin. I specifically wanted something peachy-with orange undertones. I cannot wear powder blushes or bronzers as they darken significantly on me after only an hour or two. I thought I had found what I was looking for with the NARS Multiple in Tuomota, but this product was discontinued. I thought I should purchase some backups left on ebay and Amazon but wanted to check out the Chanel first. I brought what I had left of the NARS product to a Chanel counter and was amazed at how peachy warm this bronzer was compared to significant red undertones in Tuomota-those red tones only became apparent when next to the Soleil Tan de Chanel, but it was enough for me to know I didn't want to hunt for what was left of a discontinued product. I threw out the NARS and bought the Chanel.
I know some people really hate bronzers with an orange cast, if you are one of those people, you will not like this. In my opinion orange is too harsh a term, to me it's peachy, but if you don't like that look you won't be happy with Soleil Tan de Chanel. This product also is not going to be dark enough for some medium complexions and darker. I love that you can really build the intensity, so I can wear it in the dead of winter one way and in the summer when I have a little color. If you are looking for a bronzer, this is definitely worth checking out at the counter at least. I was surprised. Also, great finish, wears well, easy to apply with fingers or brush. Youtube has great videos.
Good luck to you on your perfect bronzer quest!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by gagag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I can see how this might require a bit of trial and error, but once you're comfortable with this product you'll wonder how you ever lived without it. Having watched several youtube videos that hailed this as the second coming, I wanted to try it but the price on Amazon was over $100. However, if purchased directly from the Chanel website or a Chanel counter, then it's around $48. Yes, it's pricey, but rest assured it will last a really long time because it's dense and a little goes a very long way. I'm naturally fair. Though I burn easily, it is possible for me to tan if I do so very gradually. This product is literally the color I turned back in the days when I tanned: a pinkish bronze. It is far and away the most natural tan color I've ever come across. It definitely takes a light hand and quite a bit of blending to achieve the best results. It's completely buildable, so use sparingly at first. I use this with a MAC 109 brush, and lightly bounce the bristles into the product - a well-designed shallow jar - and then I go directly on to my face. I skip using the back of my hand to disperse the product, as a lot of pale folks do, because it seems like such a waste; just don't pick up so much product, and use a light touch when you apply it. The density of the 109 makes it easy to blend, so that helps. There's no shimmer and the consistency is very smooth. While it's lovely for contouring, I use it to help mask my ruddy complexion by using it as a base to warm up my entire face. It doesn't provide much coverage, but that's not really the purpose. I use this beneath my foundation as an all-over color, and sometimes I use it on top for contouring. It's one of the few cream bronzers that looks just as beautiful on top of powder as it does beneath. It reminded me of why I used to ignore all the warnings and tan in the sun. It really makes my green eyes stand out and my teeth look whiter - and not a hint of fake bake about it! Plus, unlike a real tan, it leaves my skin supple and luminous. This is an outstanding product if you experiment with it a bit - it's really not as difficult as it may seem, and it's well worth the effort!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by xoashleynicolee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is an absolute must for me. I just got it about three months ago and think that it looks absolutely gorgeous. I have a medium skin tone , but a super pale face. I have no idea why, but my face doesn't tan. I use this product to contour and match my face to the rest of my body. This is a silicone based product, so don't leave the lid off or it will dry out. The color looks great on pale skin-tones when excess is dabbed off on the back of your hand to enhance your complexion one or two shades. It also looks great on medium skin tones to brighten up any ashy tones that deeper complexions tend to get. This product is medium coverage and pretty pricey, but you get a lot of product and it will last forever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 4:00:00 AM More reviews by samuellewis

What can i say that hasn't already been said? I debated so long befoe buying this, i'm a frequent fake tan user so i was sceptical about whether this would actually show up enough on my skin to make a difference to my contouring technique. However it does just that, it's a lovely formula, cream is so much wearing than powder. You get 30 grams, almost 3x that of mac and 4 x bobbi brown! The packaging is beautiful and i got a few samples when purchasing which i also love, hydramax range. I use a MAC 168 brush to apply to the hollows of my cheeks, under my jawline and my temples and it gives me a gorgeous natural sunkissed glow and a gorgeous contour. I'm really pleased with this and will probably buy again if/when i run out! Which wont be forever seeing as you get so much product. Much better than mac mineralize or bobbi brown bronzers in my opinion, not tried nars laguna however, and probably wont now after loving this so much!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2012 5:45:00 AM More reviews by jlbre5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Im fairly pale (BB Sand, Clinique Alabaster-Ivory, MAC NC15-20), with combo skin. I apply this cream bronzer with a RT powder brush or RT blush brush (tip: use a synthetic brush)
Pros: Cream bronzer that dries to a luminous moisturised appearance that doesnt look greasy, looks flattering on paler skins, expensive but will LAST a long time, non-shimmery, container is *very* accessible.
Cons: Difficult to learn how to apply at first
Verdict: Really like this as an alternative to my HG Bobbi Brown bronzer, freshens my look up and great to contour. Will buy again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this for me is too hard to work with. i have owned it for a while and i am not reaching for it. maybe i am not skilled enough to use this to its full potential. i tried many different brushes but still it is difficult for me to blend it onto my skin. i am a powder bronzer girl i guess. i tried using this under foundation, over foundation, by itself...just cannot get it to work. the color looks ok on me. i will give an update if i ever figure this out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by kocoannie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this product! This bronzer is so creamy and rich and blends perfectly.

You can really build this bronzer up or use the tiniest amount for simple contouring.

I use a contouring brush when I apply this product and I really buff it in and when I am done I use my foundation brush (with left over foundation on it) to help blend the look together.

I love the texture. I love the smell. I take this bronzer with me wherever I go!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by pocky

This is a great cream bronzer but it's not an absolute must have for me. Since it's a cream I think it's only best for normal to combination and dry skin types. The color is not exactly universal and only works for lighter skin tones. I am an NC 25ish and this bronzer gives me the slightest tan look. The color is not buildable and I'm pretty sure won't show up on darker skin tones. It is also more of a peachy bronze color so it might show up orange on some people. It doesn't show up orange on my, but I can definitely tell that it's not as bronzey as my Nars Laguna.

The product itself is a cream but it is rather hard and densely packed so you're going to need a stiff, dense brush to pick up product. I don't like swirling my brush in a creamy product and I got tired of having to wash my brush all the time so I went from using a MAC 109 contour brush (which was perfect for the job, by the way) to just using my fingers. The fragrance is blessedly very light and pleasant. This is a very nice bronzer if you've got the right skin type and coloring, but it is not a Holy Grail for me, simply because I find powder bronzers easier and more versatile.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2012 2:04:00 AM More reviews by lolaice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this so much. It gives me the most realistic bronze glow and it smells so good. I use it to contour in the winter and to bronze in the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by julie252

This is my favorite bronzer of all time. The finish is so natural and flattering. Nars Laguna is nice but I like the flat finish of this one better. To apply, I use a large fluffy (but somewhat dense) brush. My summer routine is BB cream, Soleil tan de Chanel on cheek bones, nose and sides of forehead and then a touch of cheek tint. Lovely and natural looking.