April 16, 2014 | 1887 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Castingcrowns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok I was going to wait until payday to just purge and buy this as I have seen so many great reviews on it. For reference I am nc15-nw15 I could go either as I have yellow and some pink in my skin. I have been looking for the #1 best BB cream that offers medium coverage that does not break me out. I've tried several so far ranging from Missha, to BRTC, & Skin79 while out of those I found the missha cho bo yang so far the best one but for some reason every time I use it my skin is never blemish free? I didn't feel like it was breaking me out persay but I always had some small blemish here and there with it. Well I was walking in the mall a few days ago and thought hey doesn't sephora have the dr jart? I could try a sample see if I really like it before buying it like I planned on payday. SO GLAD I GOT THE SAMPLE before wasting a penny purging on buying it. For starters its either extremely orange or very pink? My face looked like an oompa loompa. The worst part was there was no coverage whatsoever! It felt like I was putting water on my face. This is worse than a tinted moisturizer, I feel a tinted moisturizer would offer more coverage then this and that's saying a lot! I don't know how anybody can use this and have it cover anything on their face. The only thing I can attribute for a lippie is the very elegant, nice packaging. Total fail and disappointment!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Sparkled

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very dry, delicate skin with pinky-red cheeks from mild rosacea. Dr. Jart's Premium Beauty Balm matched my NW15 skin pretty well. For reference, I have also been successfully matched to both Diorskin Nude and Diorskin Forever in Ivory, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in BR10, Nars Sheer Glow in Mont Blanc, and Benefit Oxygen Wow in Ivory. That being said, the color match is one of the very few good comments I can make about this product.

I was given a decent sample of this BB from a Sephora SA. I applied a layer to the back of my hand to make sure it matched my skin, which it more or less did. I patted the balm to clean, bare skin the first time I tried it, and I really disliked the texture. It's not quite sticky per se, but it's not a smooth texture. Also, nothing about this was hydrating for me at all. After about an hour, I rinsed the balm off and tried again.

Trial 2: I applied a thin layer of my regular moisturizer, Korres Wild Rose. After letting it sink into my skin for a few minutes, I reapplied some of the BB onto my face, and instantly felt a lot better. Now that my skin was nicely hydrated, I could concentrate on other facets of the balm. I did feel like my skin had a slightly pink-grey cast to it, but it wasn't noticeable to anyone else. I also felt it did a nice job of covering up my redness, but it didn't conceal the small PMS-related blemish I had on my chin.

After about two hours, my skin felt, again, sticky and sweaty. I had to run out the door and had no time to reapply my makeup again, so I added some of my favorite foundation powder on top, Diorskin Nude Fresh Glow. Right away, my skin brightened and the stickiness I was experiencing felt controlled.

I kept the BB on for about 8 hours, and it held up fairly well, but then again I'd set it with powder 2 hours in. However, I was glad to take it off by the day's end, and I threw the sample in the trash too. I see little point in this product. For $39, I could almost buy another bottle of my HG foundation. While I appreciated that this product has a very high SPF and forgoes using sulfates and synthetic fragrances, I felt it was otherwise useless. I shouldn't have to moisturize under and conceal/powder over a "one step" item that is meant to be multi-purpose and time-saving! I genuinely wanted to love this product, but it was pretty much disappointing. Two stars go to the gentle formulation that didn't break me out, plus the SPF 45. Overall, I would not recommend this item for girls with dry skin who need a balanced BB/foundation formula that won't leave skin feeling both tacky and in need of hydration.

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by kthenderson711

I love this product; even in the humid 95 degree GA heat, it stays on all day. It covers 95% of my sun spots & even keeps my concealer on in the 2 places I have to use it! It is a huge time saver- moisturizes, conceals, acts as foundation, SPF & primer! I love the SPF 45 although if I am really out in the sun much of the day, I use a 110 SPF underneath it.

The only neagtives I would say is that it is not light- it feels thick until it compeltely drys, just as any SPF does. Let it dry completely before going out into the humid weather. And, the color is not perfect- color choices would be nice but once it drys, you cannot really tell it, as it seems to cover but look like skin.

Love the pump & hard plastic packaging as it does not get messy like a soft package/toothpaste dispenser type pkg!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by wtfiholly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Edit: I have taken to mixing my LS with this BB cream and it is perfect. I mic one part LS foundation and two parts Dr. Jart, for me this is the perfect mix. I'm still putting my sunscreen over the mixture and it's working like a charm for me. I'm enjoying this more now than before, therefore I am upping my lippies by 1.

I was given this BB and another BB to try out. I found that I like this BB better than the other one. I used the sample everyday and it was not too pink on my skin it did not look like I had makeup on either, that I like. I used this BB cream first for the benefits of the cream itself then I put my sunscreen over it, my sunscreen is a 60, this is a 45, both have a PA+++ which makes me happy. I went out and bought the bottle of it.
I like that his cream matches my skin-tone, has anti-aging serum, bio-peptides, firming technology, and brighteners. I'm ok with that. I'm ok with using it before I use my normal sunscreen too. If this is at all oily it is not for me since I use my sunscreen after and my sunscreen tends to mattify any oily look this cream might give.
I apply this BB cream, wait a couple of minutes and apply my sunscreen, then it's off to the races! LOL! I used it last week in the dreadful heat we had on a ride for a funeral. The BB cream stayed put and so did my sunscreen. The only thing that ran away was the lower lash mascara, but it didn't matter anyway. I had an even tone, that was a plus since I was melting every place and felt like a wet rag, I was drenched from main to tail, but my face was not running, LOL.
I can not say that I would buy this again. I want to see with long term use if the bio-peptides make a difference. I like the SPF 45 PA+++, but I don't want it to come right off with sweat which it does, hence the use of my sunscreen over it since my sunscreen is sweat resistant enough to hold up to a heavy dose of sweating without serious repeat applications.
I hope this will be good enough to use as a base for makeup in the winter, hopefully not making the makeup too dark, but helping to keep the lines and wrinkles to a minimum. This is definitely lighter in weight on my face than GA's face fabric, or LS. I think this is a good choice for the summer for now. If it is helping with lines and wrinkles then I am all about it. I like it when people say I look too young to have kids as old as I have them, LOL!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by cjMadamFresa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

background:
i am an NC25-NC30. i have sensitive, hormonal cystic acne prone skin, oily t-zone and dry cheeks. some hyper pigmentation on cheeks. when i get upset my cheeks get red and stay red for the day and even until the next day sometimes.

my sister is an NC30-NC35. her skin is oily and sensitive.

we both tried this beauty balm everyday for a week.

pros:
high spf
moisture
did not irritate skin
did not cause breakouts
-(not even when slept in)
some coverage
tube has a pump

cons:
chalky grey pink color
-(i looked dark and pink, my sister looked grey- literally scary)
transfers
does not give a matte look
-(i never have to use more than one oil blot sheet, i almost finished a pack in a day with this balm & my sister looked sweaty)
did not subdue the red in my cheeks when i got upset lol
expensive
not enough coverage, a concealer is needed
contains parabens

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 7:55:00 AM More reviews by ritables

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my first BB cream; I sampled it at Sephora, and then bought a small 10g tube to try a bit further than the 2 days the small Sephora sample afforded me. The coverage is medium, a little bit thicker than my Legere Multi White, but about the same as my Skin79 gold. I dont think it makes me look as dewy or glow like the other two bb creams, which is why i stopped using it. The SPF is higher and is the main reason why i bought this product. I think the price is a bit high too; there are so many bb creams out there, and they are about half the cost, although you have to wait for international shipping (such a drag, when you are so anxious to try your new product).
I dont regret buying this, but i wont buy it again simply because there are so many out there to try. It really does have a nice coverage, but to what i refer to an 'american standard'. I am Asian, NC25-ish and feel that other online purchases of the many varieties of bb creams makes it hard to want to re-purchase this again. It is a superior product, and the quality is awesome, which is probably why Sephora chose this brand, from the hundreds out there. The SPF alone is a great feature.
I didnt have my sun powders nor set this bb cream with a loose powder, but i feel that i might have liked it better if i set it with my Etude House O2 Whitening sun powder (i really love this stuff, i am furiously trying to make 20 reviews so i can add this product to this database)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by alikiki

Sadly, it broke me out right after I used it on two occasions :(

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by lulu2222

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had such high hopes for this product and was especially intrigued by the SPF45. I have very fair skin with a slight pink tinge. I was given a sample at Sephora and this morning applied it. I wasn't bothered by the feeling of putting liquid paste on my face but I was so disappointed to see my face getting PINK and I do mean pink. I waited thinking the shade would change but it did not. I now have a very pink face next to my white neck. I don't think Sephora carries the Dr. J product that comes in different shades. Even though that product isn't SPF45, I'd give it a try. I'm so disappointed - back to SPF moisturizer, then primer, then foundation.
*********************************************************
A couple hours later, I looked in the mirror. The pink had subsided a lot. But the makeup was too dark - a definite difference between face and neck. I stopped into Sephora and asked the "expert" what she thought and her response was it's too dark. She then showed me SmashBox's BB Camera Ready in "Fair". It's SPF35. I took a sample and will try it tomorrow. So I still would not buy Dr. J but will hope for the best with SB. SPF35 isn't as good as SPF45 but it's better than a lot of other stuff. By the way, SB BB came in (I think) six shades. Fair was the lightest.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2012 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Indigomama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've tried a bunch of Korean BB's (several Skin79, BRTC Gold Caviar, Tony Moly Honey Bee and a couple of Innisfrees). OK, my selection does not seem cosnistent but in fact I look for high SPF, good coverage, no mineral oil and natural coloring. Though not perfect (a little more oil control and coverage would deserve a fifth star), Dr.Jart Premium beats all other Korean BBs by far. I've tested it in both cold and hot weather (and open sun too) and it stays true in delivering the declared effects no matter what. Though not particularly drying or uncomfortable, it benefits from a light moisturiser/serum used underneath (my skin suffers from chlorinated water during my aqua fitness 3 times a week). Insufficient oil control is easily corrected by a light veil of, say, BRTC Jasmine Moist Pact SPF50, they go well together in color and overall result. A few dark spots require a separate consealer. In essence, this could be the best of Korean BBs available to those non residing in Korea, and for me this is a star product and a must-have. Like most Korean BBs it is intended for fair to medium skin and has distinctive pink undertone.
Myself: probably fair with pinkish undertones (Dior 020 or sometimes 022), mature sensitive skin which easily gets dehydrated but is overall "normal" with oily T-zone, not prone to breakouts but very prone to pigmentation/sun damage

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by elizabethreme

This is a truly fantastic product. It starts out a chalky gray/brown and then quickly melts into the skin, matching the shade and tone perfectly. The formula is rich and moisturizing, and I have yet to find a product that evens out my skin as effectively as this one does. A bit pricey at about $50 a pop a Sephora, but about the same as I was paying for my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and you're getting MUCH more bang for your buck. And SPF 45? Yes please!