July 30, 2014 | 2018 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 9:36:00 AM More reviews by trixiefaux

I bought this a week ago on a whim in place of my tinted moisturizer and have been using it daily. I have only tried 2 other BB creams before this (Smashbox which was too visible on top of my skin) & Boscia which was too dark for my NW15ish skin). This stuff is amazing so far. It goes on so smoothly, sinks in, evens out my skintone, moisturizes, and provides sun protection. It's exactly what I want in a "foundation"--that no make-up look/feel. A little powder finishes it off. I have an oily t-zone and this does not make it worse as some products do. I still have to blot later in the day w/an oil absorbing sheet but that is to be expected. So far I love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by mariamsultana

I've been using this for 2 weeks and I'm in LOVE. A little goes a long way. I use 3/4 of a pump on my face, use a bit of concealer where needed and set with Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. Let it set into your skin a minute and you'll see that it blends with your natural shade. After that, some contouring and mascara leaves me with a natural, medium coverage look. I have acne prone skin and have had no problems so far. I hope it stays this way!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 12:01:00 AM More reviews by themeanreds

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought the Premium Beauty Balm for colder months and Water Fuse for the summer and while I was impressed by the ingredients, physical sunblock, and light coverage both unfortunately clogged my pores and gave me whiteheads. I really wish they didn't because I love the dewy, natural finish they give.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by heather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm extremely pleased with the performance and formulation of this multipurpose product. My criteria are pretty specific: I have fair (NC15-NW20) combination skin and I don't want to get any oilier through the day but I also want to maintain a healthy, natural appearance. I prefer a smooth, satiny finish with medium, adjustble coverage. I am religious about broad spectrum sunscreen 20+ usage, but I avoid chemical sunscreens as much as possible because they bother my eyes. I hate the smell of typical sunscreens. And I want to lighten some minor blotchiness on my lower cheeks. and I want to deal with as few steps/products as possible, because I have no extra time in the morning.

I'm wary of trends, and most BB creams are a disappointment. This product not only includes some beneficial skincare ingredients (including a significant amount of skin-brightening arbutin), it also has a high all-physical SPF without a greasy finish. in fact, the texture and finish really impress me. I'm fair-light, and despite the strange pinkish-gray tone straight from the tube, this blends flawlessly and does not accentuate lines, pores, or flaws. It's slightly thick and provides a bit more coverage than a standard TM.

I would not even have looked at this had I not seen Paula Begoun's positive review of it. It makes my skin look great and doesn't lead to excessive oiliness or any kind of eye irritation. I am thoroughly pleased with this purchase. best of all, it really does combine two steps very effectively.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by jihunnie23

I got a 0.06 oz sample of this from Sephora, and waited a long time to try it.
I'm not sure what a bb cream is supposed to do, so I can't rate it per my expectations (which were different). What I can say is I'm extremely happy with it, and I'm strongly debating whether it is worth the money to purchase.
It took me some tries to figure out the proper dosage and method for my skin. Once I figured it out though, it's pretty amazing.
- USAGE: For me, I found the best results happen with [ very little amounts ] [ OVER moisturizer]. I can’t use it on its own at ALL, and wouldn’t recommend as a replacement for moisturizer. It is an extremely dry cream, meaning it's rich & thick but doesn't glide or distribute well. Unevenness in color is quite noticeable this way. When placed over a moisturizing CREAM though (a serum didn’t work for me either, sank in too quickly or made my skin sticky after use), it is just gorgeous.
- AMOUNT: This took some trial and error. I have darkish tones, but I am Korean, if that makes any difference (someone else mentioned Dr. Jart is a Korean brand). If I use too much, I can look very pallid and chalky. I found a method that gave me this impossibly amazing, pearly dust all day – legit, all day – and it required I use very, very little.
----- A bead the size of a fat water droplet, onto the very tip of my left ring finger. With right ring finger, I poke a side of the bead.
----- Then, I gently pat dots from bridge of my nose to ear along cheekbone. Dab, repeat on the other cheekbone. Repeat across forehead. I basically draw thin dots all along my forehead, cheeks, chin, and bridge of my nose.
----- Then (aided by the glide of pre-applied moisturizer), I GENTLY glide my fingers across from center out to “connect the dots.”
I am not sure how this works, but it just… does. The end result is this freakishly flawless skin. A little pearly, not shiny. You may need blush because it seems to reduce redness from your skin tone. My friend said my skin looked a lot better, and it was just during this test run of the sample product.
- ROUTINE?: Well. This does not remove any steps from my morning routine. As a matter of fact, it adds to it. I still need a moisturizer, and despite the 45+++ spf, I still want the moisturizer to have at least spf30 since I use SO little of Dr. Jart’s product.
What this product ultimately is, is the foundation I’ve been searching for but have NEVER been able to find. Its coverage is fantastic, but it still lets my skin shine through. I do not look like a muppet (I HATE that sht). I do NOT look like I’m wearing foundation at all. It is dewy, not greasy. And it is natural. And it doesn’t damage my skin over time, in fact alleges to add to it. Everything I ever searched for in a foundation, I just must have been looking in the wrong place.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by honeylavender

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product has so much going for it. It's not just a regular SPF, but offers SPF+++ protection (which means it lasts 3 additional hours, an extra hour for every +, than regular sunscreen) and a whole slew of anti-aging, healthy, skincare bonuses in it. I also like that it's light reflective so really makes my skin look dewier and youthful. Some people have complained about the color of this product being restrictive, but it has worked fine on me. I should add that I'm Asian, and Dr. Jart+ is a Korean brand, so perhaps it's more formulated to match my skin tone, but I've seen Caucasian and Hispanic women wear this BB cream too, and it's looked just as natural on them. As it's translucent it can be worn on a spectrum of skintones, and a suggestion would be, if doesn't match your skin the way you want it to, a solution might be to sweep some light powder over it and blend it into the cream to get an even match.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by cat1116

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this. The idea of not having to use a separate moisturizer, foundation and sunscreen is very appealing to me. I also noticed that only physical sunscreen ingredients are used in this product. I have rosacea and am very sensitive to chemical sunscreens so this was another reason that I was very interested in this product. I wound up trying this product all over my face one day before going to work, which was a mistake - I did not like the way I looked and I was stuck wearing it all day.

Pros: I found it completely non-irritating and it did do a good job of covering my rosacea.
Cons: I'm a NW 15 and this product is just too dark for me. It's probably best suited for a NW 20-25 complexion. I also did not feel that it was very moisturizing (and I have normal-oily combination skin) even though it felt heavy on my face. It also seemed settled in my pores a little. Finally, it did not do much to hide my dark under eye circles (although, to be fair, I do have horrific under eye circles)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by michelley0113

Wonderful product, but its incredibly expensive. I bought it for, I think 38 dollars at sephora. Provides a great amount of coverage and it feels like your wearing nothing. Brightened my acne scars and definitely gave me a more even skin tone after using it for two weeks. I use the Philosophy Cleanser afterwards and it glides off like a charm. Dr. Jart is a renowned cosmetics company in Korea, but I feel like this product isn't as great as the ones they sell in Korea. However, one of the best ones they sell in the US

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Castingcrowns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok I was going to wait until payday to just purge and buy this as I have seen so many great reviews on it. For reference I am nc15-nw15 I could go either as I have yellow and some pink in my skin. I have been looking for the #1 best BB cream that offers medium coverage that does not break me out. I've tried several so far ranging from Missha, to BRTC, & Skin79 while out of those I found the missha cho bo yang so far the best one but for some reason every time I use it my skin is never blemish free? I didn't feel like it was breaking me out persay but I always had some small blemish here and there with it. Well I was walking in the mall a few days ago and thought hey doesn't sephora have the dr jart? I could try a sample see if I really like it before buying it like I planned on payday. SO GLAD I GOT THE SAMPLE before wasting a penny purging on buying it. For starters its either extremely orange or very pink? My face looked like an oompa loompa. The worst part was there was no coverage whatsoever! It felt like I was putting water on my face. This is worse than a tinted moisturizer, I feel a tinted moisturizer would offer more coverage then this and that's saying a lot! I don't know how anybody can use this and have it cover anything on their face. The only thing I can attribute for a lippie is the very elegant, nice packaging. Total fail and disappointment!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Sparkled

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very dry, delicate skin with pinky-red cheeks from mild rosacea. Dr. Jart's Premium Beauty Balm matched my NW15 skin pretty well. For reference, I have also been successfully matched to both Diorskin Nude and Diorskin Forever in Ivory, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in BR10, Nars Sheer Glow in Mont Blanc, and Benefit Oxygen Wow in Ivory. That being said, the color match is one of the very few good comments I can make about this product.

I was given a decent sample of this BB from a Sephora SA. I applied a layer to the back of my hand to make sure it matched my skin, which it more or less did. I patted the balm to clean, bare skin the first time I tried it, and I really disliked the texture. It's not quite sticky per se, but it's not a smooth texture. Also, nothing about this was hydrating for me at all. After about an hour, I rinsed the balm off and tried again.

Trial 2: I applied a thin layer of my regular moisturizer, Korres Wild Rose. After letting it sink into my skin for a few minutes, I reapplied some of the BB onto my face, and instantly felt a lot better. Now that my skin was nicely hydrated, I could concentrate on other facets of the balm. I did feel like my skin had a slightly pink-grey cast to it, but it wasn't noticeable to anyone else. I also felt it did a nice job of covering up my redness, but it didn't conceal the small PMS-related blemish I had on my chin.

After about two hours, my skin felt, again, sticky and sweaty. I had to run out the door and had no time to reapply my makeup again, so I added some of my favorite foundation powder on top, Diorskin Nude Fresh Glow. Right away, my skin brightened and the stickiness I was experiencing felt controlled.

I kept the BB on for about 8 hours, and it held up fairly well, but then again I'd set it with powder 2 hours in. However, I was glad to take it off by the day's end, and I threw the sample in the trash too. I see little point in this product. For $39, I could almost buy another bottle of my HG foundation. While I appreciated that this product has a very high SPF and forgoes using sulfates and synthetic fragrances, I felt it was otherwise useless. I shouldn't have to moisturize under and conceal/powder over a "one step" item that is meant to be multi-purpose and time-saving! I genuinely wanted to love this product, but it was pretty much disappointing. Two stars go to the gentle formulation that didn't break me out, plus the SPF 45. Overall, I would not recommend this item for girls with dry skin who need a balanced BB/foundation formula that won't leave skin feeling both tacky and in need of hydration.

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No