September 21, 2014 | 1986 users online

Styling Products - Got 2 Be - POWDER'ful Volumizing Styling Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by TMKipp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this. I hope they never stop making it. If you've tried the Aveda Pure Abundance powder - this is the same concept, but works better and is 5x cheaper. I have very slippery/flyaway hair and this adds texture - something you can rarely get from shampoos and styling products. Without being tacky or greasy. My hair is transformed. I have one at work, one at home, one in my gym bag.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 2:10:00 AM More reviews by swtxos

AWESOME PRODUCT!

I have straight-slippery smooth Asian hair that often lies flat against my hair with no volume/body whatsoever. I hate that I have to spend extra time in the bathroom to 1) apply volumizing mousse 2)blow-dry my hair in certain direction with a certain round-brush and 3) tease tease tease! What an annoying process I've endured almost all my young adult life. I'm lucky to have heard of this product and actually be able to find it at a local drugstore for...wait for it... $3.99***!#*&^

It gives my hair texture, volume and keeps it fresh for longer. I apply it to newly washed hair, which is oh so difficult to work with, to give it a little friction. The way I use it is I pour a little bit into the palm of my hand and rub my palms together quickly then carefully work it all over my head--concentrating on the roots and crown. I now have 3 day old hair that doesn't feel greasy at all.

I love this product more than words can express. Thank you Got 2 Be!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Gubynaya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great product! I was using Osis Dust It (also by Schwarzkopf) until I started hearing all the buzz about this product on MUA. This product is identical to Osis, and costs less than a third of the price!! I sprinkle this directly on my hair, around the crown, then I tease a little and have amazing volume all day. I have thin fine hair that looks greasy just one day after washing, but I just use a little of this and no more greasies. All thin haired girls should try this product.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by violetsky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

Overall: Gave it a 3 because it's cheap and does make your hair more volumized.
Price: For a salon brand, it's pretty cheap and you get a lot of powder.
Packaging: I gave a five because it is small and the powder is easily controllable.

But I would NOT buy this product again. This is just the first is revolutionary volumizing powders and you can tell it's just the first. Bottom line is that it DOES volumize your hair but the texture is sticky and hard to work with (the powder, once rubbed in your hands, turns sticky). And it makes my hair look dull, and feel like it was just teased (chalky and rough). I'll stick with wet products or dry shampoo.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

This hair powder really does work good for 2nd day hair. It soaks up oil some and actually doesnt weight hair down at all, smells okay, is easy to use, and affordable. I only use use and love this because other dry shampoos either are greasy, blah, or just weigh my hair down.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by A88A

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff works very well! I have baby fine hair that tends to fall flat at the roots, and I really like the bulk this gives me. I especially like that I can rub it directly onto my scalp, rather than being at the mercy of wherever an application of spray dry shampoo ends up. There is no white powdery fallout either, although I'm blonde. It seems like this disappears fairly well, though, so I bet this would be fine for dark haired lovelies. It will dull shine somewhat, so I'd recommend applying it as closely to the roots as possible. Ingredients are as follows:
Aqua, Silica Silylate, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer.
I have no idea what those last things are. They appear to be a fine plastic powder of some sort, so definitely not for the all-natural hippie types. The following website suggests that these may be banned in the EU, so I wouldn't use this stuff every day, but for a night out it sure makes a fantastic base for a gravity-defying bouffant. You probably would want to wash it out ASAP to avoid any potential health concerns.

Should we be concerned about that? I don't know. I knocked off a lippie because of this ingredient's nebulous health status. The EU bans a lot of things, sometimes with good cause. I'm not extremely worried. If anyone knows more, feel free to pipe up. Until then, I'll be continuing to use this. Here's another link to other products that include this ingredient:

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Chelles93

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow...I actually have volume in my hair!

I dye my dark brown hair blonde but it's still too slippery at the roots to hold any volume even with sprays or gels or volumizers, and this is the only thing I've ever tried that's actually worked.

I wouldn't want someone to touch my roots while I'm wearing it, but it does its job.

I won't use every day, but it's great for special occasions. I just lightly sprinkle directly on my roots and rub in. BIGASSHAIR ensues.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Bexicle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product has just hit the UK. I tried it recently, and the here's what I thought:
Application:
This is kinda hard to apply, it melts into the warmth on your hands and gets sticky before you even apply it sometimes. I find it better to just shake it from the container, to in my hair. I can't help feel it would be better with a wand(?) or hair mascara type brush(?)
Result:
Definetly gives volume and hold, BUT will knot your hair like no other, only comes out with a thorough wash.
Tip: Back-comb hair before using this, gives a great look.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 9:09:00 AM More reviews by dachua

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product a lot, it does what it promises--but I did notice that after I used it the first time I felt a itchy on my forehead and around my hairline. Nothing intolerable, but best for use on the crown/back to avoid getting it on your skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I bought this for $5.99 U.S. dollars at Walgreens a chain pharmacy in the U. S. I have a ton of hair but very fine, very dry and very dark. My hair is so much darker than my scalp which is stark white in contrast since I no longer sit in the sun. My roots show in about 5 minutes leaving my hair looking thinner at the part, and again, because of the contrast, it bothers me. I love Joan Rivers Great Hair Say powder which is the best to straddle that fine line and hide grays as well as volumize enough along the hairline for that area to match the rest of my hair. I am between orders and needed something else, truly ladies, no hair color stick, nor eye shadow/brow shadow will do what the Joan Rivers product does in that way, but again needed an in between product that I could find in the drugstore (her product must be ordered online).

Its a steal in that similar powders in the same size canister go for 3 times as much in the beauty supply shop. So here is what you get, a white powder in shaker container. It feels oddly cooling to the touch, and begins to turn invisible when you rub between your finger tips or into your roots. Mind you I detected some whitish cast left but thats because I think I over applied by spilling directly on to my roots. When I apply with my fingers or even use a brush, harder bristled, more for foundation than eye shadow type, it works better.

The package says applied directly to roots will give you more volume but the holes on top do not turn to mask some so you always get the same large quantity poured out. I might just apply tape to the top of half the holes to remedy this. Like all powder including the Joan Rivers one, it mattifies, great if you have oily hair, not so great of yours is bone dry like mine. Fortunately you apply it to roots which are usually not as dry as the rest of your hair, but I still follow with a shine spray with a fine mist (heavier ones will weigh down, negating the purpose of this product).

Yes it feels like you have stuff in your hair, maybe not really conducive to run your fingers through them tresses, but its not a deal breaker since it does a fine job at what its intended for. Start with less than you need, and wash hands after, it will leave them feeling dry too if not. Good for what it is and I hope this brand makes a colored version. Now if all these powders and dry shampoos too, could somehow do their job without mattifying I would have an HG product!

Am wondering if this would puff up brows a bit? Hmmmm, will add more if I try that.

I saw a similar product at the beauty supply for

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No