NYX HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base

4.1

Isododecane, Talc, Beeswax, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenoxyethanol/Methylparaben, Ethylparaben/Butylparaben, Propylparaben/Isobutylparaben, Colorant, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI77491).

on 6/16/2013 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I LOVE this primer. As good if not better than TF and UD primers, (I have used both) for a much better price. I don't know why people are complaining that it takes too long to set, maybe they are applying too much.
The way I use it is it only takes a couple of minutes if that, if you apply too much it will take to long to set. Use sparingly is what I would suggest.

on 5/20/2013 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This product is thin but works well all day on my normal skin. I found that using a little goes a long way and a small dot rubbed in works best. Otherwise it will take forever to dry and your eyeshadow will smudge when putting it on over the wetness.

on 5/18/2013 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Since I love to do my eye makeup so much, I thought it is about time to try out an eye primer that makes my eye shadows stay on my lids all day long and not crease, smear or smudge. Well, this one was a big winner, because it helped me with all those eye shadow problems.

The texture is almost like a liquid concealer and the color is sheer nude, I would say, so since my skin tone is fair, it looks like I have nothing on my eye lids when applying it.

Pros:
-won't crease

-won't smudge

-eye shadow colors are more intense than without it, actually more the way they should be

-very cheap, I got it for $7 at drugstore.com

-lots of compliments on my eye makeup : )

-removing eye makeup at night is no problem

Cons:
-It doesn't dry that quickly, so I do something else on my face for 2 minutes, on the other side, there are too many pros that this is just not a problem anymore.

I wish I could have bought this years ago. Eye makeup is just so much better with a primer, I just had no idea.

Did not work for me at all. I have oily hooded eyelids and this product does absolutely nothing to prevent eye shadow from creasing. If anything, eye shadow creases more quickly with this greasy product. Pigmentation is very much improved, either.

To oily lidded ladies with deep creases, stay away from this product!

on 4/28/2013 8:58:00 PM

NYX eyeshadow base did nothing for me. I ended up throwing it out. I've used UD primer potion for years but decided to try something cheaper. Waste of money, though the price was so small I don't feel that badly. It did not prolong the life of my eyeshadow and it didn't increase the pigments. I really see absolutely no benefits. My lids are not particularly oily so its a mystery why others got some benefits from it.

on 4/23/2013 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The texture and color is similar to other eye primer favorites like the UD or the Lorac, but this one is more slick. After I put this on, the primer itself will crease into my folded lids even before I put on any eyeshadow :( And when I do put on the eyeshadow the color slips around and it's harder to control where the color goes.
I give it one lippie because it does make the eyeshadow color more vibrant and prevents creasing for a while. Though I could see creasing in my inner corners after about just 2 hours (my shadow creases within 30min if I don't use any primer). I could get at least 5-6 hours of wear on UD or Lorac.
Overall not made for oily skinned girls with hooded eye lids who also lives in a very humid area OTL

I prefer this to UD's for several reasons.
UDPP dries out my eyelids and makes the shadow look crepey after awhile, if not immediately.
Yes, this is quite oily and does require time to sink in / dry prior to applying shadow, but it's worth the change in routine to me.
For $7 vs. $20 it's definitely a superior product. Makes shadow colors pop and helps with creasing.

on 4/7/2013 10:43:00 PM

Cheap and effective! NYX does it again!

Price: $11 CAD
Texture: very thin , translucent
Finish: natural sheen, kinda

It really grabs onto the eyeshadows and give them vibrancy and lasting power. I have oily eyelids and this definitely keeps the eyeshadows on for the entire day and even through the night as well.

on 4/1/2013 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is 100% comparable to the Urban Decay Primer Potion. It is definitely a more budget friendly alternative.

on 3/19/2013 12:21:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Y'all, this is my jam! I bought this on a whim, and it's incredible. My eyeshadow stays all day, and into the night (if I don't have a chance to head home and put on a night look), with no creasing or slipping. If you're looking for a great eyeshadow primer and don't want to spend a lot of money, this is for you!