December 18, 2014 | 1812 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Cheap and effective! NYX does it again!

Price: $11 CAD
Texture: very thin , translucent
Finish: natural sheen, kinda

It really grabs onto the eyeshadows and give them vibrancy and lasting power. I have oily eyelids and this definitely keeps the eyeshadows on for the entire day and even through the night as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by dwoodruff44

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is 100% comparable to the Urban Decay Primer Potion. It is definitely a more budget friendly alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by analoguerock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Y'all, this is my jam! I bought this on a whim, and it's incredible. My eyeshadow stays all day, and into the night (if I don't have a chance to head home and put on a night look), with no creasing or slipping. If you're looking for a great eyeshadow primer and don't want to spend a lot of money, this is for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by MutedDragon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Product keeps my eyeshadow on, but if I touch it while it's still sticky, it will come off. Otherwise my eyeshadow stays on until the end of the day, and even when I try to wipe it off with water. It needs a facial cleanser to remove it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by chupachups79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used the UDPP sample size prior to purchasing this.
I paid USD9 for this and the quality is terrible!!!!. It's so oily and it's really a pain to apply it and to wait for it to dry. Drying time takes about 5 minutes (feels so much longer when i'm in a rush during mornings!)

When applying eyeshadows from my UD Naked palette, the shadows apply similar to when using on top of UDPP, color payoff is also similiar, I blend the shadows together without a problem. 3 hours later, what a huge letdown when I check in the mirror. The beautiful colors have now turned dull and cakey. I face the computer the whole day and when i yawn, i do tear occasionally. With UDPP, there was no problem. With this, i even see patches after the tears have dried. So bummed out because it really spoils the beautiful colors of the UD eyeshadows.

I tried this out for a whole week before writing this review. Will definitely not repurchase this lousy product and will try TFSI next.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by Catty414

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for months and let me start off by saying I LOVE THIS EYESHADOW PRIMER! I have super oily eyelids and didn't think anything could top my Urban Decay Primer Potion, but I was wrong. My eyeshadow lasts hours with this on! I'll put it on at 7:00 am and before taking off my makeup at 9 pm my eyeshadow will still look flawless. The consistency isn't very thick and it feels a little oily, but after blending it that consistency goes away. The only thing I don't like about this product is the packaging; I wish it came in a squeeze tube so I could get every last drop of the stuff! This is my HG eyeshadow primer; it's affordable, blends easily, makes eyeshadows last forever, and brings out the true color intensity of my eyeshadow (more so than with UD Primer Potion)! This gets five lippys from me!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by yisha

The liquid and oily texture does help eyeshadow show up better, but it feels kinda gross on my eyelids. I guess you could simply use a lotion to achieve the same effect.
Not a necessary makeup item in my opinion. This primer sometimes makes the eyeshadow look cakey due to its runny texture. Might as well apply liquid foundation on eyelids and skip the eye primer altogether.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The first time I used this product, I hated it. I had waited about a minute for it to dry, then put my beloved NYX Aloha over it. Awful! It caked and I thought, what a waste of a few dollars. The second time, I applied the eye primer, then my BB cream, concealer, Tarte cheek stain and powder, then I got dressed, got my coffee, then came back up to do my eyes. That time, everything went on like a dream. I used the wet n wild palette in petal pusher, so its not like I went from NYX to high end shadow, I am giving this 3 lippies. A more patient woman would give it 4. It's cheap, it does what it's supposed to do, but takes FOREVER to dry.

PROS:
- cheap
- eye shadow applies and blends well
- no creasing
- no eyeshadow fading
CONS
- takes FOREVER to dry!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Scarlyanne

This product got such great reviews, I was so excited to try it for myself.
The consistency is thin and slippery, and it takes forever to dry on my lids...making them crease and feel greasy. I love NYX products so I am a little let down by this. I thought it might just be the tube I got, but when I received my Dark Shadows palette, I had the same experience.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by PreciousGlitters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is AHMAZING! I absolutely love it! It has been an essential product that I use everyday, even if I'm not wearing eyeshadow over it. It brightens up your eyes and makes you look more awake and alert, so definitely perfect for school when you don't want to wear any eyeshadow or a lazy day when you just want a quick pick me up!

I really love this stuff and I will definitely be repurchasing this. I'm already on my second bottle! Another positive note, this stuff comes in a great and useful container so it's easy to apply and lasts for a long time! :)

Also, lets say I apply it to my lids in the morning before school without any eyeshadow and then later that night I'm going out and want to apply eyeshadow for a more night time look, I don't have to reapply the primer again! It stays on your lids all day.

I love this stuff so much!!