September 21, 2014 | 2040 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by yisha

The liquid and oily texture does help eyeshadow show up better, but it feels kinda gross on my eyelids. I guess you could simply use a lotion to achieve the same effect.
Not a necessary makeup item in my opinion. This primer sometimes makes the eyeshadow look cakey due to its runny texture. Might as well apply liquid foundation on eyelids and skip the eye primer altogether.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The first time I used this product, I hated it. I had waited about a minute for it to dry, then put my beloved NYX Aloha over it. Awful! It caked and I thought, what a waste of a few dollars. The second time, I applied the eye primer, then my BB cream, concealer, Tarte cheek stain and powder, then I got dressed, got my coffee, then came back up to do my eyes. That time, everything went on like a dream. I used the wet n wild palette in petal pusher, so its not like I went from NYX to high end shadow, I am giving this 3 lippies. A more patient woman would give it 4. It's cheap, it does what it's supposed to do, but takes FOREVER to dry.

PROS:
- cheap
- eye shadow applies and blends well
- no creasing
- no eyeshadow fading
CONS
- takes FOREVER to dry!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Scarlyanne

This product got such great reviews, I was so excited to try it for myself.
The consistency is thin and slippery, and it takes forever to dry on my lids...making them crease and feel greasy. I love NYX products so I am a little let down by this. I thought it might just be the tube I got, but when I received my Dark Shadows palette, I had the same experience.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by PreciousGlitters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is AHMAZING! I absolutely love it! It has been an essential product that I use everyday, even if I'm not wearing eyeshadow over it. It brightens up your eyes and makes you look more awake and alert, so definitely perfect for school when you don't want to wear any eyeshadow or a lazy day when you just want a quick pick me up!

I really love this stuff and I will definitely be repurchasing this. I'm already on my second bottle! Another positive note, this stuff comes in a great and useful container so it's easy to apply and lasts for a long time! :)

Also, lets say I apply it to my lids in the morning before school without any eyeshadow and then later that night I'm going out and want to apply eyeshadow for a more night time look, I don't have to reapply the primer again! It stays on your lids all day.

I love this stuff so much!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by joyonicity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Wow. I thought the acclaimed UDPP would be my HG primer forever and always, but I ran out a couple days ago and needed some primer for a night out. Didn't want to go all the way to the mall for Sephora, so I just grabbed this from a nearby drugstore for about $6.

It felt a little oily on my lids (which are already pretty oily), but it really captures eyeshadow and makes it stay put. I woke up the next day having forgotten to take off my face the previous night and my eye makeup still looked perfect. I was also using Coastal Scents eyeshadow - if anyone else is familiar with them, their bright matte colors tend to be a little chalky - but with this primer they all looked the same color as they did on the palette.

I also use a little bit on the sides of my nose because I use a taupe eyeshadow to contour, and that stays put all day as well. No breakouts either.

This primer works as well as, if not better than UDPP. It's also cheap as dirt compared to the UDPP, so I'll definitely be repurchasing this. My only annoyance is the packaging; it's not bad by any means but I would prefer if it came in a squeeze tube, instead of having me apply it with a doefoot applicator. More sanitary, but not big enough of a deal to take off a lippie.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great primer. I have oily eyelids and only slight discoloration. I use this and my eyeshadow does not crease at all. It's hard to justify purchasing a high end primer (I've tried a couple) when this performs just as well for me. I received a trial size in the Dark Shadows palette, but I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Ladyleopard805

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

One word, HORRIBLE!! This primer shouldn't even be called a primer, it litterally had so much slip my eye shadows BARELY adhered. I should have known better, sadly my ELF Eyelid primer holds better than this, and is only a 1.00 vs 5 bucks and some change. If your in the market for an affordable primer skip this and purchase the ELF eyelid primer. I still think UDPP is the best primer I've tried, can't wait to try toofaced shadow insurance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 7:57:00 AM More reviews by leoisillon

I tried this primer a while back and I remember loving it. I have used quite a few primers and this one definitely helped to keep my eyeshadows looking great There was no creasing throughout the day. It lasts about 8 hrs or so on my oily eyelids but that's pretty good if you ask me for a drugstore product. It costs about $8-10 and I think it's worth a shot if you want to buy an affordable eye primer. I remember back in the day when I think L'Oreal was the only drugstore brand that made one (and it wan't even good) so I'm happy to see primers like this come onto the market. We gals don't have to spend tons of money on department store brands!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by funnyblossom

This seems so much better than MAC eye primer (in a pot) - what a pleasant surprise. I just got it and have tested it. I will update the review later when I have worn it a few times.
Jan/13 update: I have been wearing it everyday, it is a good primer,but it hasnīt knocked my socks off. Feels a bit oily and I will keep searching for the holy grail..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by juniebug008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Wow. I got a small trial-sized version in the Crimson Amulet palette from NYX, and I am seriously impressed! I neglected this little gem at first because I was using a different primer at the time, but now I use this primer every single day! I have seriously gone an entire day (roughly 10 hours) with no creasing and continuously vibrant color. I am seriously impressed.