April 18, 2014 | 852 users online

Mascara - Urban Decay - Supercurl Curling Mascara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Annabells117

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG status- the BEST mascara for perfect, even, curled lashes. I've tried many mascaras- drugstore & high end. I have natural curl and fairly nice lashes- they're just blond and fine/ thin, similar to my hair on my head. My issues with some thickening and lengthening formulas are that they get all my tiny baby lashes and then poke me in the eyes or make it uncomfortable to blink. They can also make my eyelashes feel heavy and stiff, and cause my natural curl to fall. I also don't like the 'million lashes effect.' On me, that isn't a flattering look. I have a zillion tiny lashes in addition to my normal lashes. So if they are all dark & separates, it looks crazy. It looks like I taped fur to my eyes.

Urban Decay Supercurl Mascara is hands down the best mascara for me. The brush is perfectly curved for my eye size & shape. The brush has enough space that it doesn't give the million lashes look. The formula lengthens, separates, and holds the shape that you create when you apply the mascara. This mascara has a lot of fixative in it, so it really holds the shape or curl well. For me, the formula works best when fresh, when it's wettest. I have to replace it every 2 months, but that's fine with me. IT DOES CURL. ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE IS NOT USING IT PROPERLY. No offense meant- I've used this on myself and other women and it always curls well. I have friends who didn't like it until I showed them how to curl their lashes with it. Also- if you got a sample size, please don't judge the product based on the sample. They're often dried out.

HOW TO CURL LASHES WITH UD SUPERCURL MASCARA: Tilt head back Apply the mascara slowly, starting at the roots, pausing, then the middle, and pause. Then apply to the tips and close the eye (partially or completely, if you're like me & have naturally curly lashes). Apply slowly, and hold the lashes back with the curled brush to let them start to dry. It will curl your lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by goldenpeach86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this mascara in one of the mascara kits from Sephora. I do really like it. The pigment is great and so is the lasting power.It doesn't clump or dry and flake off. I like the brush how its curved so its easy to get hard to reach lashes. I like my lashes really long and thick and this does a good job for length but I didn't get the thickness I like. All in all its a good mascara but I probably wouldn't go out and purchase it. I am a huge fan of mascara and I am always trying to find the "best of the best"so my search still continues after this

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Strawberryblonde3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product did less for me than maybeline brands. I had a lot of gaps and I really can't tell about the curl thing because my lashes have a lot of natural curl to them, it may work for that but for voluminous and lengthening purposes I would go for something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by missfrancescarose

This mascara gives a nice natural effect on lashes. It does give a slight curl and lengthens lashes. I prefer to use it on my bottom lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by ash10twenty

The pigment and staying power on this mascara is good. But, the consistency and the brush are not good. The brush is super stiff, and the bristles are a little too spread apart to catch every lash. This may also be why it tends to clump up. I did not notice any curling action, and not too much added volume either.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by foraudrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

HG mascara! I have naturally curly lashes, so I can't say how well it actually holds a curl, but it doesn't make my lashes any straighter I suppose. It lengthens and gives me a doll lash effect. Semi-spidery, but I think just the right amount of spider works better on me than looking like I have a million lashes. It doesn't cling on to the tiny lashes that are just growing in which means I don't get stumpy lashes hitting me in my eyes every time I blink. This stuff is AMAZEBALLS!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by kristiwashere

I have this product in a sample size that came with the Urban Bride kit. I've never used a "higher-end" mascara because I know drugstore ones get great reviews. However, I've always had issues with my eyeliner/mascara smearing and sweating off and just not keeping put! All the mascaras I tried that were the best-reviewed drugstore just didn't perform any better, I didn't want to waste my money on anything more expensive!

However - I LOVE this mascara. Right now, I'll call it my HG mascara! I have short, sparse eyelashes (even the "natural" fake eyelashes are twice as long and thick as mine..) But this mascara adds so much length with one swipe, and also does not clump or tangle my lashes. A few coats on top and one on bottom is perfect for me.. and it stays put! I always assumed eyeliner was the culprit for smearing on the bottom of my eye, but now my same Revlon ColorStay eyeliner doesn't budge with this mascara.

I can see why some complain that it doesn't thicken lashes - which is true. But for everyday, and not wanting super clumpy thick lashes, this is perfect. It makes my eyelashes look as long as a normal person's (since mine are so short) and I love that. I can't wait to try more of Urban Decay's mascaras to see if they perform this great! Also, since the full size is only $20, I don't think this is terribly expensive. I may spend $8 on a crappy mascara at the drugstore, but $20 for my HG mascara seems pretty good to me!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Akaia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Pretty packaging. This one really does supercurl! it doesn't add thickness, though. I need thick lashes. But it is the best one at sephora for curling, in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2012 9:35:00 AM More reviews by ggmarsfan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this mascara from the Sephora Lash Stash and so far this has been one of my favorite mascaras from that bunch. I really love the color it imparts on my lashes, and with only one coat I can see such a difference. My lashes looked more curled and a lot more volumized. They also manage to stay like that throughout an entire day of university. I have never been a fan of curling mascaras but this one really has me considering trying out more. My only complaint would be that when I try applying multiple coats, my eyes sometimes get a bit sensitive to the product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by gconn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

At first application, this looked okay. Some length, some volume. I waited for it to dry, and the curling power was evident, but instead of curling my lashes upward, it curled them sideways, tangling them into eachother in a mascara-induced lash jungle.

I combed them out and hoped they'd last the day.

Well, they did last the day. No smudges or running, which is surprising because my eyes were watering all day. Why were they running? Well. This mascara irritated the DICKENS out of my eyes. I don't know if pieces broke off or what, because I couldn't see any, but both were sore and stingy. Needless to say, straight to the trash. The effects are okay and the lasting power is good, but this is NOT for sensitive eyes.