October 24, 2014 | 1713 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Blush Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Elena1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this brush. It is very pleasant and soft to the skin, it has a good shape for applying blush or to make contouring. I don't find it too big as some people say, I swipe just the tip of the brush on the blush and then when I apply it on the cheeks the shorter clean bristles are blending the blush perfectly. I personally never had problems to pick up as much pigment as I needed. It didn't shed even one bristle after washing. The handle is very comfortable to hold. I believe it is a good value for money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is an interestingly shaped brush that gives me more aesthetic appeal in comparison to technical appeal. However, I cannot deny that it gives me much pleasure to use this brush for blush, bronzer, or powder.

To be fair, it's use for blush is more complicated than meets the eye. The shape renders it's inability to pick up pigment over an uneven body of blush (Example: Nyx blush when it's new) nor does it enjoy picking up the pigments of a harder baked blush (Chanel JC's), but there are other blushes that it will work with that I use when I can attempt using this brush.

If you swipe once on a blush, it picks up very little pigment and deposits a little. I usually need multiple swipes, unless for pigmented blush. (Nars Exhibit A)

It is great for powder or bronzer, despite it not being used for those purposes, but honestly, labels are just that on brushes now. A label. You needn't use it for it's exact purpose (because I don't treat any of my other brushes this way, I don't really care about the labels on this one either.)

I cannot compare this brush to the powder brush as I've gifted that away even though I purchased it. That one had more density and less of an 'egg'/rounded shape though.

It is just exciting that I can finally purchase a few of these brushes in a Canadian local store now. Finally!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by wdiarom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is very soft. I think this brush is rubbish for applying blush. I use it to powder my face to set my foundation. This brush is actually quite excellent for applying bronzer cos it's so big! This is a decent brush for its price.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by xoCarmina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I was anxious to try the real techniques brushes everyone was raving about. I initially picked up this brush because of the shape. I'm sorry to say that it distributes color horribly and it shedded to boot. I returned it to Ulta.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this brush for both face powder and blush. It really gets the job and you can't beat the price. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 6:59:00 AM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Real Techniques brushes are fantastic! The blush brush is so soft, the perfect size to contour or give colour to my cheeks. It blends the colour brilliantly and gives the right amount of blush on your cheeks without looking ridiculous like some brushes do. I highly recommend!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by akyu615

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush was a disappointment. The shape of the brush is kind of awkward and too big to really do any contouring or applying blush. Felt weird in my hand and uncontrollable when I would try to apply blush. Although it is very soft, like the other RT brushes, it is not the best blush brush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Sambalina82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like the softness of this brush however I found it too large to sweep enough colour onto my cheeks. I fixed this by wrapping a hair elastic around the base of the bristles. I wouldn't buy this again

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by siruhi

Just excellent..! it was about time for me to purchase real techniques Blush Brush.At my first RT brush I got the pointed foundation brush from my friend(they don't sell it on it's own,comes in a set) I say two years ago.I imidiately fell in love,it was a new way to apply foundation for me.It was a great experience and I totally knew that this Blush Brush is one of the family.I love this because I can put powder and bronzer with it.Miracle maker brushes,I think.Blush Brush eases my makeup routines,it really does!it makes it pleasant to apply powder makeup.There's no cons either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by ammit1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I share the view of a few people who have said that this brush is a bit too big and a bit too floppy to apply blush properly (for me).

I just feel like it's all over the place when I apply pigment on my cheeks and I never get the result I want with it. I am not really a fan of the thick base, it takes up all the space in my brush holder, I'd prefer it if it was a tiny bit stiffer to apply with more precision.

Will admit, I'm not the best at applying blush, but I do find that this just has a little too much resistance at the same time as being too big - that doesn't really work for me - but I can see that it has for a lot of other people so i'll give a 3. It's ok, just not great.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No