September 1, 2014 | 1038 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Blush Brush

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by xoCarmina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I was anxious to try the real techniques brushes everyone was raving about. I initially picked up this brush because of the shape. I'm sorry to say that it distributes color horribly and it shedded to boot. I returned it to Ulta.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this brush for both face powder and blush. It really gets the job and you can't beat the price. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 6:59:00 AM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Real Techniques brushes are fantastic! The blush brush is so soft, the perfect size to contour or give colour to my cheeks. It blends the colour brilliantly and gives the right amount of blush on your cheeks without looking ridiculous like some brushes do. I highly recommend!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by akyu615

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush was a disappointment. The shape of the brush is kind of awkward and too big to really do any contouring or applying blush. Felt weird in my hand and uncontrollable when I would try to apply blush. Although it is very soft, like the other RT brushes, it is not the best blush brush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Sambalina82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like the softness of this brush however I found it too large to sweep enough colour onto my cheeks. I fixed this by wrapping a hair elastic around the base of the bristles. I wouldn't buy this again

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by siruhi

Just excellent..! it was about time for me to purchase real techniques Blush Brush.At my first RT brush I got the pointed foundation brush from my friend(they don't sell it on it's own,comes in a set) I say two years ago.I imidiately fell in love,it was a new way to apply foundation for me.It was a great experience and I totally knew that this Blush Brush is one of the family.I love this because I can put powder and bronzer with it.Miracle maker brushes,I think.Blush Brush eases my makeup routines,it really does!it makes it pleasant to apply powder makeup.There's no cons either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by ammit1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I share the view of a few people who have said that this brush is a bit too big and a bit too floppy to apply blush properly (for me).

I just feel like it's all over the place when I apply pigment on my cheeks and I never get the result I want with it. I am not really a fan of the thick base, it takes up all the space in my brush holder, I'd prefer it if it was a tiny bit stiffer to apply with more precision.

Will admit, I'm not the best at applying blush, but I do find that this just has a little too much resistance at the same time as being too big - that doesn't really work for me - but I can see that it has for a lot of other people so i'll give a 3. It's ok, just not great.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 6:30:00 AM More reviews by itsEmmaTime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of, if not, my favourite makeup brushes! It's amazing!
It's beyond soft and just feels amazing on the face!
The shape of the brush is what makes it a winner for me! The brush itself is pretty big but it's tapered at the top so you don't ever apply to much product, I love it for blush especially but also for powdering the face.
I think I'll go buy another one :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

This is one of my go to makeup brushes, it is so versatile! It is such an essential tool to me that I am actually planning on going back to Ulta and picking up one more in order to use with different products. This brush is truly a multi-tasker since it can be used as a powder brush, blush brush and bronzer blush. I personally love using this brush to apply a bronzer since I love the way it makes the contouring very soft and subtle. I don't like my bronzer looking like I have definite strips of color on my face since it is definitely unnatural looking. This brush defines the hollows of my cheeks and perimeter of my face without looking fake and overdone.
I always get complements on how natural and flawless my makeup looks and I believe that good brushes and technique of application are the two most important things in makeup use, even if you only use drug store products.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by boxofcornflakes

This brush blends out my blush effortlessly. It is also incredibly soft, but don't wash it with a shampoo that has sulfates in it like I did :( It made the brush not as soft as it was originally. The bottom of the brush is wide and bulky which allows it to stand on its own but it takes up a lot of room storing it in a cup. I would also use brush guards in the cleaning process to help it retain its shape. It doesn't shed though and it doesn't feel scratchy. It may be to big for some, but for my small face it works fine since it blends like a dream. This can also be a powder/bronzer brush since it may be big for some. This is too big to contour though. It was worth $9!