November 24, 2014 | 1946 users online

Liquid - Stila - Perfect & Correct Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by sg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I waited 2-3 weeks to review this. Usually I love something at first but in a week I am less enthusiastic.
Well, I am pleased to say I too have quite a few good things to say!
pros-
Great for very fair skin, I am a NW 10 ish and the lightest shade matches me very well, even in sunlight.
Great for dry skin, my skin is notorious for sucking the moisture out of my foundation leaving my cheeks looking crumbly/flaky. Hasn't happened once with this!
No need to use a primer. I apply this with fingers over my gel moisturizer and it looks great.
No need to set with powder which is a huge bonus, especially if you have dry skin.
Sets quickly, my BB creams all have a much longer dry time which makes me crazy when I am in a rush.
My cheeks have less visible pores and are less red, even before I apply this foundation. -I never expected this!
I have gotten numerous compliments on my skin since buying.
The boyfriend likes it (!!), it's enough coverage to make me happy but not opaque, which is something he greatly dislikes.

cons-
Slight tingle upon application, but no burning/redness/reaction.
I would prefer a bit more glow, but by adding half a pump of smashbox artificial light this is the perfect foundation for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

On my latest trip to Sephora, I was given a very generous sample of this fdt. (the girls at my local S are just too nice to be true). I was skeptical, at first. I thought it would be another failure, like so many others. Well, I was pleasantly surprised. This is actually quite good. I got the Light color and it's a great match.

The coverage is ok. Not quite enough for my taste, but adequate, all the same. I have oily skin so it's no good trying to pretend I can do w/o powder. But a dusting of MUFE's HD (no-color) setting powder does the trick.

I said No in the 'would you re-purchase' question, but only because I don't have the 'maybe' choice (and it looks like no amount of hinting will ever be enough to get it included). This would not be my first choice because a) it's too expensive for just 'those days when I don't want too much MU,' and b) it's still not as good as (but twice the price of) my beloved Sephora Perfecting Cover Foundation. I have a multitude of fdt. samples I got at S, but nothing comes close to their fdt. Honestly, the combo Sephora fdt + MUFE's HD powder is as close to perfect and flawless as I ever got my skin to be.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I saw a side bar advertisement tonight about spalook.com. I have no experience with them, but with online code RARE20, you get this item for less than $20! I didn't check the shipping, but, wow. Check it out if you are interested.
About 3 weeks after purchase, this is exceeding my expectations. We have had several days of 95+ heat, and it still looks beautiful and natural although I can feel wilted. To me it looks best with a tiny bit of HD powder dusted over, or Finishing Dust by Everyday Minerals. I also conceal a bit with EM as well. Other powders over top look heavy, IMHO. Over 50 ladies? Give this a shot. I am second-guessing my choice of "tone". I think "light" would work better.
Buy Day: Because ladies of all ages gave this a 5 lippies rating, you sent me flying to the local Ulta to purchase this foundation, armed with a $50 gift card my husband gave me for our anniversary. I went up and down the aisles, trying to avoid Stila, but my curiosity got the best of me. I squirted some Light and Tone on my hand, and I could not believe the feeling..light, cool, refreshing and looked like it had some coverage! Typically I use a TM or light foundation. But, this is something SO different from what is out there. First, the clear/color swirl that goes through the airless pump bottle. I smeared Light on one cheek, Tone on the other. Conflicted, I called the MA over to help me make a choice. We settled on Tone. Typically I am Warm Sand in BB, about NW20-25 in MAC. So, deep pink undertones. This foundation is a bit yellow, and I find that helpful with toning down redness in my face, and helping me match to my neck.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by greenmascara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is the BEST foundation I have ever used! I get people telling me 'you look good today' and I tell them I slathered on a lot of makeup (the Stila stuff) and they say things like 'Really??' or 'I don't see the makeup. It just looks like good skin.' And it's TRUE!!! NO foundation I've ever used has managed to cover up bad stuff and still look so light. Unbelievable. I don't rave about products very often, but Stila's people got it RIGHT! You made me look GOOD! Yaaay!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by JumpedTheShark

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

****************UPDATE AUGUST 2012**********************
see below

So I have been to every makeup counter trying samples since January when MAC's Pro Long Wear (NC40) and their Studio Fix Fluid (NC37) DESTROYED MY FACE!!! I broke out into a case of cystic acne that I thought I was never going to get rid of. I am still fighiting the scars it left :( So I tried, Bobbi Brown, Estee, Lancome, Shiseido, Origins, Chanel, Dior, Clinique, Laura Mercier, Clarins, Too Face, Neutrogena Healthy Skin and Neutrogena Acne Makeup too. NOTHING would either match color, not settle into pores, stay on, not cause more break out, or just look ruddy. I had used Jane Iredale pressed compact in the past,(which makes my face a tad oily) so I decided to try her Liquid Mineral last week. I like it alot, but I was inbetween her shades Golden Glow and Latte. Also, the foundation itself didn't stay put all day, albeit I was on my period, but I will try again in a few weeks, because I do love that foundation. Makes my face look and feel really healthy and flawless.

Anyway, I walk into a Ulta to get a lip gloss of theirs that I love, and meander by the Stila section. I saw This "Perfect and Correct Foundation" and thought, "Wow, this looks like Jane's Liquid Minerals?" I pumped it out and VIOLA this was it. I could tell it was Holy Grail, I got a sample of Medium which was a tad too dark, but the Tone is PERFECTION! I set it with MAC's Blot Powder in Medium. I have been wearing it for days and it not only goes on like a dream, but it's got a built in primer, and all kinds of other botanicals, hylauronic acid and is Paraban and fragrance free. I just put it on over my Clean and Clear Acne Moisturizer, and it's coverage and color match, mixed with a light un-madeup look and feel, is phenomenal. It covers my acne scars and makes me look FLAWLESS!! I turned everyone on that I work with to it and they are alll thrilled! I bought the bottle for $44 and I think it is WELL worth the peace of mind and the beautiful look it will give you, Get a sample at a store that carries it. For me it's Ulta, Sephora, a Macy's here nearby and of course, online.

I will update to make sure when I wear it consistently for a couple week if it's the same review, but I am 99.999999% sure that it will be! ENJOY! xoxo :)

****************UPDATE AUGUST 2012**********************

So, it's August 2012 and would you believe I am still using this makeup! Holy crap. I am totally excited about BB Creams and CC Creams and I cannot get anything to give me the same flawless look. I have changed however the fact that I wear Bare Minerals Matte over it now. I mix Golden Medium with Golden Tan and I use them over Stila P&C in Tone and I look amazing. My skin is in the best shape since I was 20 something. Try it with Bare Minerals or a mineral makeup you like over your shade and see what I mean. I am completely stoked and haven't ever stuck to a makeup like this throughout the year in all seasons for an entire year. It's Amazing. If they jump the shark with this product, I will jump out of a 10 story building! LOL

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Juliaaguliaaa

This is probably the greatest foundation I have ever used! I have combination skin which can get really annoying, as my T zone gets SUPER oily, and my cheeks are prone to dryness. So I needed something to cover up my acne, and I had assumed the only way to do so was with a heavy makeup. When I went to Sephora though, I learned this wasn't the case. This foundation has a medium coverage, enough to TOTALLY cover acne scars and bumps without being cakey. The color perfectly matched my skin tone, which is usually impossibly for me! The foundation contains a primer and a moisturizer for those days that you forget! The only con is that it's ridiculously expensive. Hopefully it will last a long time because I usually only wear liquid foundation for when I go out. But this is honestly the best foundation I have ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Tragic21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

How cool is it to have a foundation that you don't need powder with, well this is it. I am NC45 in mac and I have very oily and uneven skin. I went into Sephora in search of a new foundation, because the Studio Fix just isn't cutting it anymore. This foundation is truly amazing especially if you have acne scarring. I tried this product and is smoothes and hides your imperfections. This foundation is doing exactly what I need it too. Tan is the color that fit me best. Overall this foundation gives you a very perfected look, so if you happen to have some crazy breakout issues, it definitely helps hide them. I don't feel like people are looking at my face and thinking "why did she cake that makeup on her bad skin". As other users says you don't have to use a lot and if feels great on the skin, almost like a cooling sensation. This foundation is definitely worth the money, especially when you don't need powder.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by BimbouLuvsU

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product.
Its so lightweight and gives you a flawless looking skin and it stays put all day, no need for primer cause its built in. Its a bit pricey but its soo worth it. Best foundation i have ever used. My mom uses it too, she has very large pores and it makes them look so much smaller. Im just so amazed at how wonderful this product is. i dont even set it with powder. its just so amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 1:46:00 PM More reviews by danielle529

After returning MUFE HD I wanted a product that wasn't cakey, felt light on the skin, non comedogenic, provided medium coverage, and was long wearing. Stila Perfect & Correct Foundation did just that! I loved everything about MUFE HD except the fact that it wore off so quickly, despite using a primer and setting powder. This foundation might just be my holy grail. It blends into the skin very well and doesn't look the least bit cakey, I would say that the finish is satin. My shade in this is Fair which matches exactly- as a reference I was 115 in MUFE (I've never used MAC so I don't know what my shade comparison would be for that). Since I'm a high school student I have no time in between classes to touch up my makeup, but with this I don't need to because it lasts for more than 8 hours, I do notice some of my blemishes showing through at the end of the day but I think that's due to my concealer not the foundation, since it isn't a full coverage. Speaking of blemishes, this foundation has not broken me out or caused irritation which is a rare find because I have incredibly sensitive skin. I have combination skin and it seems to control oil and moisturize my drier cheeks. Another great thing is that a little goes a long way so I don't feel as guilty spending $44 dollars on it knowing that it will last me a long time. I just wish I bought it earlier since summer is coming up and I know that I will get too tan to use it, also my skin gets oiler in summer and the moisturizing qualities in this foundation might increase that. Overall I love this foundation and would recommend it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

This is a new foundation by Stila. I was getting bored w/ my go to brands and wanted to explore new ones. Stila is one of those brands I wanted to explore. This foundation is lightweight and innovative. Stila states: "This lightweight foundation offers buildable coverage for a youthful and luminous complexion. Combining an advanced emollient system to hydrate and moisturize the skin, a unique multimineral complex, and an array of skin-soothing ingredients, Perfect and Correct delivers a luxurious, high-performance, and high-definition foundation. Infused with Stila's exclusive Youth Revival Bio-Available Mineral Complex™, Perfect and Correct reads and reacts to the skin's needs and targets skin imperfections to correct them." My skin is having a breakout moment and I wanted something that was a foundation but good for the skin and this sounded like the solution. I have to say, I'm quite impressed with this foundation so far. I have combo skin w/ dry patches and a very oily tzone. I thought this would be too moisturizing for my skin, but it actually does what is says. It will hydrate the dry patches yet keep the oily spots in control. Upon application, it is hydrating and glides over the skin effortlessly. However, I find that this dries extremely fast so you can't dilly dally, blend quickly to get it looking even! The finish is unique in that it initally goes on looking matte but once it settles in w/ your skin, it provides a nice healthy glow - not that "greasy" glow I got w/ MUFE HD. The coverage is indeed lightweight and sheer. You can build this but it takes a few layers to work up to a medium cover. For instance, two layers still didn't cover blemishes, redness or dark cirlces and I needed an additional concealer on top. I use a primer and setting powder w/ this and it lasted average for a foundation about 6-8 hours. The shades vary depending on where you buy this. Sephora has more shades than Ulta. Sephora shades are: Fair, Light, Tone, Medium, Tan, Dark, Warm & Deep. I thought I would be Medium however it was way to orange/warm toned and dark. I'm NW30 and Tone was the best match for me. The packaging is cool! The foundation is swirled in a double helix and the plastic bottle is see through. This foundation comes with a nice pump. But, it's a bit pricey - 1 oz. for $44(US). Overall, I'm happy w/ this foundation. But, as always, I will update if this will be something that will break me out.
UPDATE: I bumped the rating to 5 :) My skin looks the best when I wear this foundation out of the 4 other foundations I own. I just blends into the skin and looks so natural yet covering flaws-even w/o primer! It's so lightweight on the skin too. No need to purchase GA Luminious Silk now since this baby provides such a natural healthy glow but without the greasiness and without any shimmer. Also, Tone is the shade suggested from the Temptalia Found. Matrix for NW30 skin and it does go on a bit warm toned but it blends in and turns neutral not making me look sallow at all. Total love this stuff!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No