Stila Perfect & Correct Foundation

4.1

Water/Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Peg/Ppg-Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camelia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Phytantriol, Montmorillonite, Illite, Kaolin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocophery Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /_) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Zinc Oxide (Ci 77947), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499) .

on 5/16/2011 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm in love... with this foundation. i just got it yesterday, used it this morning and i am so impressed. it lasted all day. it stayed very illuminous all day, but didn't get oily. it didn't emphasize my pores. it just a beautiful finish. a great everyday foundation.

on 5/16/2011 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Being 40 now (boooo!), I have had plenty of opportunity/time to try various foundations. I have NEVER found one that I really really like. The color has either been off or turned orange, been too heavy and thick, or the foundation has settled into my pores, or turned into an oil slick an hour into wearing it. After reading the reviews here, I was curious to try this one out. Trying different shades of this on in the store to see which color suited me best, I noticed that it covered up some redness/rosacea I had on my chin extremely well without looking heavy or cakey and the "light" color was spot on for me. It looked completely natural, only better! That was enough for me, I purchased it right then and there, no further sampling needed. The price is high, but after searching so long for a HG foundation, I was willing to pay if it worked for me.

After applying it at home with a foundation brush the next morning, I am happy to report this may be perfection. Pores are substantially diminished, the foundation looks 'finished' even without applying powder, the color is a perfect match, it's not settling into my pores and disappearing and my face isn't turning into a puddle of oil. It's not heavy, doesn't look like a mask but yet somehow still provides amazing coverage. This foundation makes my skin look perfect, even with large pores, rosacea and a blemish here and there, and I've NEVER had that in a foundation before. Ever. I will need to wear it for a week or so to see if it truly lives up to the 5-star I've given it, but so far, I think it will. I can't stop looking at my face in the mirror, I almost don't believe it. So thankful I found this foundation to give it a try. Will report back after I've worn it for a while, but so far, REALLY good!!!!!!!

Update (7/27/11) Used almost half this foundation and I have to update my review. I'm really not sold much anymore. Turns out it more like a tinted moisturizer than foundation, on me at least, meaning it seems to just sink in my skin and disappear. At least it doesn't look too cakey for that reason, but it didn't too much for my rosacea or the few blemish scars I had here and there. It feels nice and light enough, just doesn't do much as the day wears on I'm noticing. Not for the price. Back to the drawing board as far as foundations go.

on 5/15/2011 9:48:00 PM

I waited 2-3 weeks to review this. Usually I love something at first but in a week I am less enthusiastic.
Well, I am pleased to say I too have quite a few good things to say!
pros-
Great for very fair skin, I am a NW 10 ish and the lightest shade matches me very well, even in sunlight.
Great for dry skin, my skin is notorious for sucking the moisture out of my foundation leaving my cheeks looking crumbly/flaky. Hasn't happened once with this!
No need to use a primer. I apply this with fingers over my gel moisturizer and it looks great.
No need to set with powder which is a huge bonus, especially if you have dry skin.
Sets quickly, my BB creams all have a much longer dry time which makes me crazy when I am in a rush.
My cheeks have less visible pores and are less red, even before I apply this foundation. -I never expected this!
I have gotten numerous compliments on my skin since buying.
The boyfriend likes it (!!), it's enough coverage to make me happy but not opaque, which is something he greatly dislikes.

cons-
Slight tingle upon application, but no burning/redness/reaction.
I would prefer a bit more glow, but by adding half a pump of smashbox artificial light this is the perfect foundation for me.

on 5/14/2011 11:22:00 PM

On my latest trip to Sephora, I was given a very generous sample of this fdt. (the girls at my local S are just too nice to be true). I was skeptical, at first. I thought it would be another failure, like so many others. Well, I was pleasantly surprised. This is actually quite good. I got the Light color and it's a great match.

The coverage is ok. Not quite enough for my taste, but adequate, all the same. I have oily skin so it's no good trying to pretend I can do w/o powder. But a dusting of MUFE's HD (no-color) setting powder does the trick.

I said No in the 'would you re-purchase' question, but only because I don't have the 'maybe' choice (and it looks like no amount of hinting will ever be enough to get it included). This would not be my first choice because a) it's too expensive for just 'those days when I don't want too much MU,' and b) it's still not as good as (but twice the price of) my beloved Sephora Perfecting Cover Foundation. I have a multitude of fdt. samples I got at S, but nothing comes close to their fdt. Honestly, the combo Sephora fdt + MUFE's HD powder is as close to perfect and flawless as I ever got my skin to be.

on 5/12/2011 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I saw a side bar advertisement tonight about spalook.com. I have no experience with them, but with online code RARE20, you get this item for less than $20! I didn't check the shipping, but, wow. Check it out if you are interested.
About 3 weeks after purchase, this is exceeding my expectations. We have had several days of 95+ heat, and it still looks beautiful and natural although I can feel wilted. To me it looks best with a tiny bit of HD powder dusted over, or Finishing Dust by Everyday Minerals. I also conceal a bit with EM as well. Other powders over top look heavy, IMHO. Over 50 ladies? Give this a shot. I am second-guessing my choice of "tone". I think "light" would work better.
Buy Day: Because ladies of all ages gave this a 5 lippies rating, you sent me flying to the local Ulta to purchase this foundation, armed with a $50 gift card my husband gave me for our anniversary. I went up and down the aisles, trying to avoid Stila, but my curiosity got the best of me. I squirted some Light and Tone on my hand, and I could not believe the feeling..light, cool, refreshing and looked like it had some coverage! Typically I use a TM or light foundation. But, this is something SO different from what is out there. First, the clear/color swirl that goes through the airless pump bottle. I smeared Light on one cheek, Tone on the other. Conflicted, I called the MA over to help me make a choice. We settled on Tone. Typically I am Warm Sand in BB, about NW20-25 in MAC. So, deep pink undertones. This foundation is a bit yellow, and I find that helpful with toning down redness in my face, and helping me match to my neck.

on 5/11/2011 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff is the BEST foundation I have ever used! I get people telling me 'you look good today' and I tell them I slathered on a lot of makeup (the Stila stuff) and they say things like 'Really??' or 'I don't see the makeup. It just looks like good skin.' And it's TRUE!!! NO foundation I've ever used has managed to cover up bad stuff and still look so light. Unbelievable. I don't rave about products very often, but Stila's people got it RIGHT! You made me look GOOD! Yaaay!!!

****************UPDATE AUGUST 2012**********************
see below

So I have been to every makeup counter trying samples since January when MAC's Pro Long Wear (NC40) and their Studio Fix Fluid (NC37) DESTROYED MY FACE!!! I broke out into a case of cystic acne that I thought I was never going to get rid of. I am still fighiting the scars it left :( So I tried, Bobbi Brown, Estee, Lancome, Shiseido, Origins, Chanel, Dior, Clinique, Laura Mercier, Clarins, Too Face, Neutrogena Healthy Skin and Neutrogena Acne Makeup too. NOTHING would either match color, not settle into pores, stay on, not cause more break out, or just look ruddy. I had used Jane Iredale pressed compact in the past,(which makes my face a tad oily) so I decided to try her Liquid Mineral last week. I like it alot, but I was inbetween her shades Golden Glow and Latte. Also, the foundation itself didn't stay put all day, albeit I was on my period, but I will try again in a few weeks, because I do love that foundation. Makes my face look and feel really healthy and flawless.

Anyway, I walk into a Ulta to get a lip gloss of theirs that I love, and meander by the Stila section. I saw This "Perfect and Correct Foundation" and thought, "Wow, this looks like Jane's Liquid Minerals?" I pumped it out and VIOLA this was it. I could tell it was Holy Grail, I got a sample of Medium which was a tad too dark, but the Tone is PERFECTION! I set it with MAC's Blot Powder in Medium. I have been wearing it for days and it not only goes on like a dream, but it's got a built in primer, and all kinds of other botanicals, hylauronic acid and is Paraban and fragrance free. I just put it on over my Clean and Clear Acne Moisturizer, and it's coverage and color match, mixed with a light un-madeup look and feel, is phenomenal. It covers my acne scars and makes me look FLAWLESS!! I turned everyone on that I work with to it and they are alll thrilled! I bought the bottle for $44 and I think it is WELL worth the peace of mind and the beautiful look it will give you, Get a sample at a store that carries it. For me it's Ulta, Sephora, a Macy's here nearby and of course, online.

I will update to make sure when I wear it consistently for a couple week if it's the same review, but I am 99.999999% sure that it will be! ENJOY! xoxo :)

****************UPDATE AUGUST 2012**********************

So, it's August 2012 and would you believe I am still using this makeup! Holy crap. I am totally excited about BB Creams and CC Creams and I cannot get anything to give me the same flawless look. I have changed however the fact that I wear Bare Minerals Matte over it now. I mix Golden Medium with Golden Tan and I use them over Stila P&C in Tone and I look amazing. My skin is in the best shape since I was 20 something. Try it with Bare Minerals or a mineral makeup you like over your shade and see what I mean. I am completely stoked and haven't ever stuck to a makeup like this throughout the year in all seasons for an entire year. It's Amazing. If they jump the shark with this product, I will jump out of a 10 story building! LOL

This is probably the greatest foundation I have ever used! I have combination skin which can get really annoying, as my T zone gets SUPER oily, and my cheeks are prone to dryness. So I needed something to cover up my acne, and I had assumed the only way to do so was with a heavy makeup. When I went to Sephora though, I learned this wasn't the case. This foundation has a medium coverage, enough to TOTALLY cover acne scars and bumps without being cakey. The color perfectly matched my skin tone, which is usually impossibly for me! The foundation contains a primer and a moisturizer for those days that you forget! The only con is that it's ridiculously expensive. Hopefully it will last a long time because I usually only wear liquid foundation for when I go out. But this is honestly the best foundation I have ever used.

on 4/30/2011 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

How cool is it to have a foundation that you don't need powder with, well this is it. I am NC45 in mac and I have very oily and uneven skin. I went into Sephora in search of a new foundation, because the Studio Fix just isn't cutting it anymore. This foundation is truly amazing especially if you have acne scarring. I tried this product and is smoothes and hides your imperfections. This foundation is doing exactly what I need it too. Tan is the color that fit me best. Overall this foundation gives you a very perfected look, so if you happen to have some crazy breakout issues, it definitely helps hide them. I don't feel like people are looking at my face and thinking "why did she cake that makeup on her bad skin". As other users says you don't have to use a lot and if feels great on the skin, almost like a cooling sensation. This foundation is definitely worth the money, especially when you don't need powder.

on 4/22/2011 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product.
Its so lightweight and gives you a flawless looking skin and it stays put all day, no need for primer cause its built in. Its a bit pricey but its soo worth it. Best foundation i have ever used. My mom uses it too, she has very large pores and it makes them look so much smaller. Im just so amazed at how wonderful this product is. i dont even set it with powder. its just so amazing.