E.L.F. Studio Angled Eyeliner brush

Price: $

on 6/18/2011 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Very few reviews on this product. I just don't understand it. At first, I thought it would be bad, because I felt the bristles and I thought they were floppy, and thin!

I like a thicker line for my eyes, (hey, I'm young and dramatic!) and so, this didn't seem very "me".

But, I tried it, and let me say, this gives me the PERFECT cat eye.

And for three dollars, that's worth it.

on 6/12/2011 10:01:00 PM

I had purchased a bent eyeliner brush from the Sonia Kashuk collection, and after a few weeks, the bristles were stiff and streaked my eyeliner.

I needed an eyeliner brush and as I was looking through the Target line of brushes, I glanced to see the ELF Studio brushes. I saw the bent eyeliner brush and I placed it in my cart. It was around $3. I used it that same day and I was so glad I purchased it! It's way better than the regular eyeliner brushes.

I can see what I'm doing better since my hand isn't covering my eye. Its so easy now to do a winged liner look.

I've had this brush for about a month and it's good as new. Better quality than the Sonia Kashuk, and cheaper too.

I know that there are better, high-quality brushes out there, but for now, this brush will do just fine.

The black handle and ferule looks classic and blends in with my other brushes.

on 6/12/2011 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is great for my creme liner! My only regret is that I didn't purchase it sooner.

on 6/6/2011 4:30:00 PM

Overall, I like this brush. Especially for the very inexpensive price. It allows me to get a flawless eyeliner application. At the end of the day, I think that's what matters when looking for good brushes.

on 5/22/2011 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a good brush. I dont love it as I prefer angled brushes better. I suck at putting eyeliners on so I need to get all the help I can get. I cant compare this with other angled brushes, but I guess that's why I can say it works just fine. It picks a bit of color at a time. Somehow, using this to get a winged look is hard. Minus one lippie. After washing, the hair look kinda splayed. Now it is harder to do a winged look. THis is only good for making straight lines.

on 5/21/2011 11:12:00 PM

Well, I must be the only one that doesn't know how to use this brush. I couldn't get it to do anything. It is so skinny that when I tried to pick up cream eyeliner, it wouldn't pick up anything. It's so flimsy that I couldn't get any color on the brush.

This brush is a great value as always ~ I only paid $1.50 for the brush, so if it doesn't work out, it won't be a total loss. I'll try this again, but right now I have been using the Studio Small Precision Brush to tight line my top lid and add some liner between my eyelashes. I may come back and update my review if I can figure out how to use this brush...

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This is by far my favorite brush for thin e/l. The bristles are dense enough and super thin, which offers a very precise line. It works great with gel e/l and has held up great (washed a few times since getting it and its in perfect shape). Not to mention that ELF is affordable and goes on sale all the time. This is definitely one of those things to grab. I have to say, its a staple brush for me. I totally recommend it.

on 5/11/2011 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I lost my beloved Bare Escentuals liner brush on a trip to vegas last month and I picked up this ELF brush because I didn't have the money to shell out $18 for another BE brush. I have to say, the ELF brush worked just as well. It's only $3, the bristles are still enough that it holds it shape well. It's small enough to fit nicely right into the lashline. I was able to get a nice thin precision line and go back and make it thicker. I'm so impressed, I'll be buying a couple more as back ups. I have been wearing makeup and doing other people's makeup for longer than most of the people reading this review have been alive. I have found that good brushes make a world of difference when it comes to the outcome of good makeup application. Most of my brush collection consists of NARS, MAC, and BE. I'm impressed with the ELF line because some of their brushes are on par with the expensive high end brands, this eyeliner brush being one of them.

on 5/4/2011 5:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I absolutely love this brush. I own two Sonia Kasuk bent liner brushes and I reach for this one more than the SK ones. I could also buy two of these for the price of 1 SK. The bristles are a bit shorter than SK but a bit denser than SK. I definitely recommend this brush. It makes applying gel liner a breeze - and cheap. It's $3 at Target.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I just bought this tonight, so I'm going to use it a few times before I consider it deserving of five lippies. However, I immediately applied a gel liner (PF shimmer strips, a dark blue shade,) with it once I got home from target (where it cost $3,) and am baffled at the negative reviews.

First of all, I have 2 of the SK brushes, in addition to benefit's get bent brush, because I'm an eyeliner addict, and they both have flaws--namely, I find them to be a bit long and floppy for precision lining. Second of all, the handles on both are quite thin, and thus a bit hard to hold.

The short and stiff ELF brush hairs and chubby handle have (in my initial use, mind you,) solved both of these issues. I also like how the black handle aligns itself nicely with my pricier MAC brushes...total vanity, but a bonus. Oh yeah, and it comes with that convenient rubber casing thing for the tip that keeps the hairs from getting splayed when you aren't using it, too.

Popular Makeup Brushes