August 1, 2014 | 1890 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Angled Eyeliner brush

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good brush. I dont love it as I prefer angled brushes better. I suck at putting eyeliners on so I need to get all the help I can get. I cant compare this with other angled brushes, but I guess that's why I can say it works just fine. It picks a bit of color at a time. Somehow, using this to get a winged look is hard. Minus one lippie. After washing, the hair look kinda splayed. Now it is harder to do a winged look. THis is only good for making straight lines.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well, I must be the only one that doesn't know how to use this brush. I couldn't get it to do anything. It is so skinny that when I tried to pick up cream eyeliner, it wouldn't pick up anything. It's so flimsy that I couldn't get any color on the brush.

This brush is a great value as always ~ I only paid $1.50 for the brush, so if it doesn't work out, it won't be a total loss. I'll try this again, but right now I have been using the Studio Small Precision Brush to tight line my top lid and add some liner between my eyelashes. I may come back and update my review if I can figure out how to use this brush...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is by far my favorite brush for thin e/l. The bristles are dense enough and super thin, which offers a very precise line. It works great with gel e/l and has held up great (washed a few times since getting it and its in perfect shape). Not to mention that ELF is affordable and goes on sale all the time. This is definitely one of those things to grab. I have to say, its a staple brush for me. I totally recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 4:55:00 PM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I lost my beloved Bare Escentuals liner brush on a trip to vegas last month and I picked up this ELF brush because I didn't have the money to shell out $18 for another BE brush. I have to say, the ELF brush worked just as well. It's only $3, the bristles are still enough that it holds it shape well. It's small enough to fit nicely right into the lashline. I was able to get a nice thin precision line and go back and make it thicker. I'm so impressed, I'll be buying a couple more as back ups. I have been wearing makeup and doing other people's makeup for longer than most of the people reading this review have been alive. I have found that good brushes make a world of difference when it comes to the outcome of good makeup application. Most of my brush collection consists of NARS, MAC, and BE. I'm impressed with the ELF line because some of their brushes are on par with the expensive high end brands, this eyeliner brush being one of them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 5:37:00 AM More reviews by nubletta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this brush. I own two Sonia Kasuk bent liner brushes and I reach for this one more than the SK ones. I could also buy two of these for the price of 1 SK. The bristles are a bit shorter than SK but a bit denser than SK. I definitely recommend this brush. It makes applying gel liner a breeze - and cheap. It's $3 at Target.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

I just bought this tonight, so I'm going to use it a few times before I consider it deserving of five lippies. However, I immediately applied a gel liner (PF shimmer strips, a dark blue shade,) with it once I got home from target (where it cost $3,) and am baffled at the negative reviews.

First of all, I have 2 of the SK brushes, in addition to benefit's get bent brush, because I'm an eyeliner addict, and they both have flaws--namely, I find them to be a bit long and floppy for precision lining. Second of all, the handles on both are quite thin, and thus a bit hard to hold.

The short and stiff ELF brush hairs and chubby handle have (in my initial use, mind you,) solved both of these issues. I also like how the black handle aligns itself nicely with my pricier MAC brushes...total vanity, but a bonus. Oh yeah, and it comes with that convenient rubber casing thing for the tip that keeps the hairs from getting splayed when you aren't using it, too.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by BebiMou

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Disappointing. I've seen people with the Sonia Kashuk bent brush and got excited when ELF came out with one. I tried to order it several times but it was sold out, and finally I was able to order it. Then it got here and I open it and see that it's not that great. I knew before I used it that it wasn't good. I love my ELF brushes, by the way, so, this is something. The shape of the brush is weird, meaning the shape of the hairs/tip aren't ideal. It's kinda flimsy and I don't see it surviving more than a few cleanings. It gives a good line, but I just wish I had bought the Sonia Kashuk one instead because this thing is gonna fall apart any day now.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by autumnus88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Like it, don't love it. Works well, good quality, but could use any other eyeliner brush with results just the same.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 10:52:00 AM More reviews by ktyska

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this angled brush in my lastest on line ELF haul.

Previously, I used the ELF slanted eyeliner brush and always had great results. I've always wanted to try a slanted brush for eyeline, since I've started using gel liner.

This works GREAT! It give me a nice even line and I can do a "winged" look better than with the slanted brush. Picks up a good amount of product and deposits it cleanly.

I admit, the hairs are a little wonky at the very tip, looks a little splayed, but I've resisted the urge to trim them and it still works fine.

Works with both gel and power liners/eyeshadow that I wet w/water.

I've cleaned it everyday with brush cleaner...no loose hairs, no bleeding, and it's kept it's shape. (I kept the little clear tube cover thingy and I put it back on after it has dried.)
All in all, I good eyeliner brush. Would repurchase again if needed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by atbmeg

This was an okay product. I have the Sonia K. eyeliner brush and like it about the same. I have a preference for angled eyeshadow brushes verses this kind. But I can say I was able to put my gel liner on with no problem. It is stiff enough to handle the job and for a great price. I am satisfied with it. I will say this though. The Sonia K one is only 5.99, so you are not really saving a big deal of money on this. I would get that one over the e.l.f one. But, if they did not have the Sonia one, this one is a decent alternative.