July 30, 2014 | 2052 users online

Other - Vaseline - Petroleum Jelly with cocoa butter

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by heavyboots

I don't use this for removing makeup, but I usually put it under my eyes at night in the wintertime, as my eyes tend to get really dry and irritated in the cold weather. I also put it on my outer eyelashes at bedtime. Great for softening, moisturizing cuticles as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Homegirl81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The best of all the vaseline lip pots. I normally am pretty faithful to Carmex, but I am really liking this for the winter. Feels really luxurious and smells amazing. Makes my lips feel protected and super soft. Has a lovely sheen too, that seems to last longer than with the other varieties.

This is also really good as a cuticle treatment.

Winter essential!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by laundromat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this so much more than regular Vaseline. It's not as thick and goopy as the original, for one thing. It has a light cocoa butter scent to it, but it's not overpowering. I have a cold right now, and I've been smearing this all over my lips and the bottom of my nose. It's really been helping with keeping my nose from peeling and my lips from getting too chapped. I actually scoop this into a small balm jar to keep in my purse. Cheap and great!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by mystryder

ohhhhhhhh who knew i would crave rubbing petroleum jelly all over me like a moisturizer?!?! i originally got this just to help keep hair dye from staining my skin along my hairline, but this smells and feels so good, i tend to use it all over my legs! so far, my skin's pretty happy!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by aadean

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

One word: AMAZING! Okay, a few more words. I live in chicago where it's cold/windy most of the time causing my skin to be really dry. I use this as a hand moisturizer and my cuticles have never looked better, INSTANTLY. Vaseline is garbage compared to this. Love it, and it's dirt cheap, cheaper than a cup of coffee. I found mine at one of those dollar stores, not sure where else you can find it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is nothing like regular Vaseline, which I grew up having slathered on me every day. :)

It smells great and keeps my skin moisturized, even at the height of an Arizona summer! Love that it's inexpensive. Also feels great after shaving. My legs look amazing. :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by HEXXY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is AMAZING, and nothing like regular, plain petroleum jelly. Here's why:

-light texture. great slip.

-smells like vanilla. I hate a lot of cocoa butter smells, like the Palmer's stick; don't let that put you off of this product.

-flip cap package; so convenient, pleasing rounded corners on this jar design, just very appealing in the hand and looks nice enough to have around.

I can't remember the price but it's very inexpensive for a jar that will last months, I'm sure. After using this in place of lip balms and treatments for a week, my lips are soft and completely unchapped for the first time in a really long time.

The key to normal petroleum jelly and baby oil use is that you must use them as a layer OVER moisture to seal it in (I use plain old water, not a product, for moisture). I have done the same with this although I'm not it's needed at all; this formulation is far more moisturizing on its own. The 2nd of 3 ingredients is Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter.

Recommend.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 4:26:00 AM More reviews by PixieDust22791

its great and cheap. i use it on my arms and legs at night after i put on my body lotion. it moisturizes and conditions my skin. i like the mild scent!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by tiinnhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just absolutely LOVE Vaseline jelly! Its cheap, easy to find, and its multi-functional! I can use for just about everything. And with the delightful cocoa butter scent, its even better! Its super cheap at only $2.99 for 0.75 oz. That may seem like a small amount but trust me ladies, this bottle will last you for years! I guess the only con is like with all petroleum jelly containers its an open jar so you have to dip your hands into the product. So much sure you clean those hands ladies!

What I use Vaseline for:
Eye makeup remover (it will even get off the waterproof mascaras)
Eye lash & lid conditioner (at night only)
Lip balm
Lip exfoliant (with a bit of sugar & a toothbrush!)
Preventing hair dye smudges on your face. just apply all over hair line and ears prior to dying hair.
Apply to shin bones for a bit of attractive sheen.
cuticle softener.

And the list goes on and on. The best part is you really only need a little bit for each one of those options I listed!