October 2, 2014 | 991 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Candy Yum-Yum

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by effstar

OH MY GOD. I don't think I have to say much more. I love this and that's all you need to know. Every girl needs this. ESSENTIAL

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by beevanilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am pretty much obsessed with this product. I really love how bright and pink it is. I honestly think this is the perfect Spring lipstick albeit being a little bit obnoxious at times... YA JUST GOTTA LEARN TO ROCK IT, GURL. When I first tried this on I didn't have any make-up on at all and I was utterly against it. I didn't like the way it looked on my skin at all. I came back a month later, and tried it on with minimal make-up and I adored it. I guess I just didn't appreciate it as much because I wasn't all made up. But I digress, apart from me being completely in love with this lipstick, there are some things that are quite undesirable about this thing of beauty: I highly dislike matte lipstick and this lipstick and matte beyond belief - meaning, it sets into your lips' line... especially if you don't use a lip balm beforehand. Other than that, I have no issues with anything else, really. I'm pretty much satisfied with everything else especially the price.. It's not exactly cheap, but it's worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

I have a huge obsession with pink lipsticks, and because of my obsession I feel compelled to buy every shade that MAC has to offer. Candy Yum-Yum is my most recent acquisition, a very bright, neon pink. The matte formula is great, the longevity is phenomenal but I can't help but feel it's too similar to another beloved pink lippy I own - NARS Schiap. I would say Candy Yum-Yum is just a bit more pink, but they're both very comparable. It's worth mentioning that you MUST prep your lips beforehand - give them a good exfoliation followed by either lip balm or prep + prime lip then apply with a lip brush so you can control the depth of colour.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Annelien1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried it on at the mac store because the girl said it would really suit me (I am blond and I have full lips). It looked great but a bit 80's as I was wearing blue eyeliner that moment. I love the texture (matte) and the colour but it's definately overhyped. I didn't buy it, have enough other pinks (and i'm not really a pink girl). It's really overhyped.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

MAC was dead on when they described this lipstick as "neon pink" because it is truly fluorescent in your face bold blue based pink....and I love it! It's such a fun colour to wear and looks beautiful paired with a neutral eye, cat eyeliner, and pink blush, such as MAC's Sweetness, Her Blooming Cheek, Dollymix and Pink Swoon. The matte finish is an extremely long lasting formula on the lips, but can be slightly drying therefore lip care with exfoliation and hydration is a must. Plus it looks great on it's own with a matte finish, but gloss takes this shade to a whole other dimension of beautiful too. If you love bright and bold pinks, then this lipstick is totally for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by nikkidsantos

I love matte lippies! Im also using Nyx matte lippies aside from Mac. I can say that CYY has a great touch of pink similar to saint germain shade. Before i wear CYY, ill use eos lipbalm to moisturize my lips so it will become soft throughout the day... Applying matte lippies on your bared lips without any lip primer or moisturizer will just worsen your day! I love the shade! Its very chic and girly! I would buy this product again even if its a bit expensive. Worth it! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by jessicav1

I've been lusting over this shade since it was LE and of course, sold out everywhere. I was beyond happy when I found out MAC was giving CYY permanent status so I immediately picked it up. Overall, I'm pretty thrilled! I'm very pale (NC20) and I find it compliments my skintone well. My only complaint is that I definitely cannot wear it if I have any pimples lurking around my chin or close to my lips as it really draws attention to that area, but on a clear skin day I'm good to go. The wear is really good, as with all MAC lipsticks, and because it's matte you definitely need lip balm underneath to prevent settling into lines. I'd 100% recommend this to anyone looking for a statement piece to add to their makeup collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Houn01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Love love love this color! I have many pink lippies from Mac , candy yum yum and saint Germain are by far the bright and most beautiful pinks! I love that candy yum yum is matte because it's more versatile. I can add gloss for a more luscious look, keep it matte for more boldness and I like how matte lipsticks are more opaque and so you can easily make it sheer or go full on color!

This lipstick lasts all day, thanks to the matte finish. I can eat and I still have the beloved neon pink lips. On my bare lips it looks a little dull. I apply the Sally Hansen lip inflation lip plumper, then a light amount of the chromaline in pure white and then I apply this lipstick and it really amps up the color!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

by far the very best florescent pink anywhere. it is matte and lasts but as all matte lipsticks it does dry out your lips if you do not moisturize. i like to put on a light lip balm like Nivea's and wait a few minutes and then put on this lipstick. I have had people stop me and ask what lipstick i was wearing....yap!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 4:48:00 AM More reviews by thepinkviper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a pink lipstick girl. I'm obsessed, actually, and have almost every pink lipstick from MAC, and definitely own it if it's at least semi-bold in color. I just can't stop! When you look at the MAC counter, this i the FIRST lipstick that will pop out at you, for sure. It is so bold and neon that you may feel almost certain that you'll look like a clown in it.
However, looks can be deceiving. Not everyone can pull it off and it may look clownish on some, but it looks amazing with my skin tone and I constantly get compliments. I would use way more often it it wasn't for the inevitable downside - because it's matte, it is super, super drying, and with my chapped/dry lips, it's definitely high maintenance wear. If you have dry lips, you have to really moisturize and prep your lips, and I recommend exfoliating or using MAC Prep and Prime for lips underneath.
Yes, this is a really, really, neon pink. You're not going to get much more neon than this. I would consider this a true barbie color, and is really stunning. It is way brighter than Pink Nouveau, and some say it's very smilar to MAC Show Orchid, but that's totally NOT true - the two are nothing alike. Show Orchid is a bright, amplified fuchsia-pink, and Yum-Yum is a matte NEON pink. They look nothing alike.
I think this is a definite must-have in your collection if you love pink lipsticks.