Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit (Reformulated & New packaging 2011)

3.3

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

this is an OK concealer. Lints get into the concealer very easily, and you have to scrape them out with a (clean) fingernail or a spatula. Coverage is not great, but decent. Fades throughout the day. I think, however, that this is the first concealer that I've hit pan on in a while, so I guess it is reliable lolol. I use the yellow powder more than the concealer though! The yellow powder applied under the browbone is a great matte highlight and I use it to set my undereye concealer and it does an okay job at that. Blends into the skin all right

on 6/1/2012 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I needed a new concealer after having a Sephora brand all of last summer. So I tried Bobby Brown's. It does a nice job at hiding my under-eye darkness, but it creases...badly. The formula is heavy. I will be returning this.

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

I tried this on in Sephora, and I really wanted to love it, but I hated it! I generally love BB makeup, but this was just terrible! I have pronounced dark circles (hereditary) and even used the correcter. It caked up automatically, and sunk into my creases. It made me look way older and it looked like the makeup was wearing ME. I do not recommend this concealer, nor the corrector. I'm sticking to my HD MakeupForever Invisible Concealer.

I only use the concealer part of the kit and not the powder, but a different powder. The concealer does cover well but I would like to point out that it does crease, even with the slightest amount put on. With that being said, I would not purchase this concealer again because every time I take off the concealer I noticed that my under eye circles are much darker. I think the ingredients in this product is too harsh for my skin.

on 4/18/2012 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I got this and the corrector and I LOVE it! It covers all my imperfections with very little effort! I have never found anything like this and I am so happy with it! It does initially crease after you have it on for about five minutes but once you correct that, it won't crease again! I think the powder really is the key though. Without the powder, it feels a tad sticky throughout the day. And I think it is a great value that you get both products in one easy packaging for $32!

on 4/16/2012 1:49:00 AM

my all time favorite concealer! the formulation is so perfectly creamy. blends really nicely and covers up under eye circles perfectly. be careful though, its good to set your under eye concealer with the powder that comes with it, but if you set it with too much powder the concealer will settle into fine lines and it will look gross. i have repurchased this about 6 times and i will keep repurchasing this. many people complained bout the re-formulation. i personally think its just as good as the old formulation. i also love the packaging especially for on the go as it has a mirror inside. its so sleek. love this stuff.

on 4/9/2012 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Best under eye concealer ever. It stays flexible all day long!

on 4/6/2012 1:42:00 AM

The texture was nice on my skin (dry skin type), but I was underwhelmed by and disappointed in its performance overall. The concealer does not blend as well as I thought it would sometimes, and it's not long-lasting, even with the powder on top. In fact, sometimes I feel that the powder isn't efficient either. I like Bobbi's corrector, but not this concealer kit. For the price, I expected more out of this product. I have had drugstore concealers that have done a better job and lasted longer than this one.

on 3/9/2012 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

not a fan of my smile lines so I decided to attempt using a concealer to mask them a little (most people ask wtf is wrong with me). I never ever wear foundation unless I'm going to a wedding so it made no sense to put that on 2 spots (in my head at least). Ran to Sephora and the makeup chick said this was good for dry skin but I need to put on a thick moisturiser, let it settle for about 5 minutes and then use this, very lightly, on my smile lines...seemed to work like a charm but then I looked really close and noticed it looked like it had the potential to cake up so I blended even more, lightly dusted my bronzer over that area and it's perfect (5 hrs later)...I only gave it 4 lippies b/c it doesn't blend as well as I want but still a wonderful purchase...the concealer I use (Maybelline - Fit Me Liquid) under my eyes didn't work for that area of my face for some reason but I think I have the perfect combo of products for my needs

Pros:
Very creamy once you warm it up with your finger
Insanely accurate color match (I'm the color of honey)

Cons:
May cake up if not used with the right moisturizer (trial and error IMO)

on 2/14/2012 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have this concealer in Porcelain as this is not available in alabaster. Firstly the concealer is a very thick formulation so I think it is more suited to blemish concealing than to under eye concealing. It tends to sit in fine lines and creases. The white powder is fine but when used on the undereye area it really dries out the skin.