Dove Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo

3.8

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Distearate, Dimethiconol, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycerin, Carbomer, Gluconolactone, PPG-9, Guar Hydroxpropyltrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Adipic Acid, Sodium Sulfate, Trehalose, Tetrasodium EDTA, TEA-Sulfate, DMDM Hydantoin, PEG-45M, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090)

My hair was oily again after less than 24 hours! I have fine, stick straight hair and I bought the shampoo because I read such great reviews about the conditioner and I wanted to help my dry ends. I ended up returning both the shampoo and conditioner because they overwhelmed my hair and made it flat and greasy.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

After only using salon products for years I decided to go a bit cheaper and try Dove shampoo.

It's very creamy and seems quite moisturising. My hair is coloured and long and seems to appreciate the shampoo.

I haven't noticed any build up on my scalp, but I rinse with ACV and water 2x a week.

I would certainly buy again as $4 compared to $27 is a massive saving!!

EDIT- This gave my scalp too much trouble with flakes and itchiness and made my hair lank and dull. I gave up on it and would never bother again. It was a shame because I did really like it when I first started. But when you have large chunks of dry scalp falling off all the time, it's time to stop.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is currently being sold at my local 99p shop, so naturally I snapped up a bottle. They sell all the different varieties of this shampoo but I chose this one because of the Argan oil in it. I read the ingredients in a shower and was suprised to find the oil near the top of the list, rather than at the bottom. I still expected a so so shampoo however, but when I used this I noticed a slight reduction in frizz. It was definately easier to straighten, but it's still not the answer to my prayers. I mainly get frizz at the back of my head underneath the top layers. Pretty much the only way to get rid of it is to put tonnes of serum on or just wait for my hair to get a bit greasy, which I won't go out like. I guess I'll have to carry on with the serum, but this shampoo will probably aid the frizz a little bit. I'd quite like to try the conditioner. My hair seems to go a little less thick and frizzy if I condition twice so maybe this stuff will be better than my John Frieda followed by Herbal Essences which seems to work the best.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

This is an amazing product considering the price. If this product fits your price range then you dont need to look any further. Its very moisturising for dry hair. It does soften the hair but doesnt do anything for the frizz.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I co wash with the conditioner, it brings my waves and spirals out 8)

At first it made my hair very smooth and soft. I used it for about two months before my scalp started to itch. Some hair strands started to become wavy and coarse. And for some weird reason, it made my hair browner. But it smells like lemons, whose smell I love, and the packaging is okay too. The price is fine, but I wouldn't buy it again because it had positive to negative effects on my hair.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

you could tell even in the shower your hair is soft , I LOVE this product it makes my hair soft and a little easier to to manage. I would buy this again and my hair is also less frizzy. i would recomend this to anyone with wavy thick dry frizzy hair.

Update: This stuff gives me beautiful hair, but also an itchy scalp and zits on my hairline/scalp/face.

Original post: I've only just used this stuff so I'll update this review later ... so far, it's looking good! Cheap (2 or so), only need to use a tiny amount on my enormous mop of super-fine, super-curly hair and the result is a definite reduction in frizz, increase in softness and shine. I usually use Kerastase, which is 15 - I previously thought that stuff was my hair HG product, but I'm amazed to say I think this supercheap Dove stuff beats it hands down in all departments!

I had straightened my hair 8months ago and was having bad hairfall since my hair is growing back now. Hair fall occurred mainly when I applied any other conditioner while washing. However, This dove conditioner is the best. Even if I apply this conditioner to my scalp , hair doesnt fall at all. You will notice hair fall reduction on regular use only.

Not to forget, my hair is soft and manageable, even with the half staright and curly hair.

I will buy this product again and love it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I usually use Dove Daily Moisture shampoo and really like it. I bought this line since my regular was out of stock. My hair looked Beautiful for the week I used it- seriously. However, my scalp became super itchy and I've developed rash/ outbreak of pimples on my scalp and along my hair line. :(

It must be the coconut oil since that's pretty much the only ingredient that's different. I'm particularly sensitive, so I would caution those sensitive to coconut or new products. If you are not sensitive, enjoy your beautiful hair!