Dove Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo

3.8

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Distearate, Dimethiconol, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycerin, Carbomer, Gluconolactone, PPG-9, Guar Hydroxpropyltrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Adipic Acid, Sodium Sulfate, Trehalose, Tetrasodium EDTA, TEA-Sulfate, DMDM Hydantoin, PEG-45M, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090)

on 8/28/2012 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I co wash with the conditioner, it brings my waves and spirals out 8)

on 8/27/2012 4:28:00 AM

At first it made my hair very smooth and soft. I used it for about two months before my scalp started to itch. Some hair strands started to become wavy and coarse. And for some weird reason, it made my hair browner. But it smells like lemons, whose smell I love, and the packaging is okay too. The price is fine, but I wouldn't buy it again because it had positive to negative effects on my hair.

on 8/25/2012 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

you could tell even in the shower your hair is soft , I LOVE this product it makes my hair soft and a little easier to to manage. I would buy this again and my hair is also less frizzy. i would recomend this to anyone with wavy thick dry frizzy hair.

on 8/22/2012 3:27:00 PM

Update: This stuff gives me beautiful hair, but also an itchy scalp and zits on my hairline/scalp/face.

Original post: I've only just used this stuff so I'll update this review later ... so far, it's looking good! Cheap (2 or so), only need to use a tiny amount on my enormous mop of super-fine, super-curly hair and the result is a definite reduction in frizz, increase in softness and shine. I usually use Kerastase, which is 15 - I previously thought that stuff was my hair HG product, but I'm amazed to say I think this supercheap Dove stuff beats it hands down in all departments!

on 8/22/2012 10:24:00 AM

I had straightened my hair 8months ago and was having bad hairfall since my hair is growing back now. Hair fall occurred mainly when I applied any other conditioner while washing. However, This dove conditioner is the best. Even if I apply this conditioner to my scalp , hair doesnt fall at all. You will notice hair fall reduction on regular use only.

Not to forget, my hair is soft and manageable, even with the half staright and curly hair.

I will buy this product again and love it.

on 8/20/2012 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I usually use Dove Daily Moisture shampoo and really like it. I bought this line since my regular was out of stock. My hair looked Beautiful for the week I used it- seriously. However, my scalp became super itchy and I've developed rash/ outbreak of pimples on my scalp and along my hair line. :(

It must be the coconut oil since that's pretty much the only ingredient that's different. I'm particularly sensitive, so I would caution those sensitive to coconut or new products. If you are not sensitive, enjoy your beautiful hair!

on 8/20/2012 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I couldn't believe how well this worked. Three of my groceries stores either ran out of my usual Dove Shine shampoo. I have very oily roots and very dry ends. I have been using really strong shampoos to help with the oily roots and buildup, but left my hair looking disheveled and messy. So I wanted something more hydrating but I was super scared it would turn out how my hair usually turns out without the use of a clarifying shampoo; crazy buildup and gross greasiness. But I was ABSOLUTELY impressed my this shampoo. My hair has not been shiny since I was a kid. AND it didn't give me gross and flat hair on the top of my head and around my face. It hasn't yet showed major signs of build up, but being paranoid I use a cheap clarifying shampoo once every 4 days or so. Highly recommend. Will buy a large bottle as soon as this runs out. I would got as far to say it is my HG shampoo!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I super dry, rough, and frizzy hair. While this product isn't some super-conditioner that will fix all my issues, it cleans my hair very very well while still taming frizz and keeping in some moisture, a very nice change considering most softening/anti-frizz shampoos seem to sacrifice cleaning the hair to instead keep moisture in. Basically, it is a great first step to then be followed by a good deep conditioner. This product has become a staple!

on 6/28/2012 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I HAD DRY CURL HAIRS,WAS SERIOUSLY PISSED IN MAINTAINING MY HAIRS HAD PROBLEM RELATED TO HAIR FALL,HUGE ONE.TRIED EVERY SHAMPOO,STARTING FROM GARNIER TO LOREAL THAN HEAD & SHOULDERS ETC,ETC..... NOTHING WORKED FOR MY HAIR.I WANTED A PERMANENT SOLUTION FOR IT,SO ONE DAY GOT TO KNOW ABOUT THIS PRODUCT.DECIDED AND BOUGHT IT AFTER THE FIRST WASH I EXPERIENCED CHANGE A DRASTIC ONE,IT NOT ONLY MADE MY HAIR SOFT ALSO ARRESTED HAIR FALL TO A GREATER EXTENT.NOW MY HAIR HAS STARTED TO GROW ND GAIN VOLUME,SO I WOULD BUY IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.........JUST LUVED THE OIL CARE SHAMPOO.......THANX TO DOVE...........

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This did not moisturize my hair. It did cleanse some. It left my hair not shiny with a weird white buildup/cast and make it frizzy and not curly. Really not good, really weird and I will not purchase this or the matching conditioner again. They build up really fast and are very much full of silicones.

Popular Shampoos