Organix Ever Straight Brazilian Keratin Therapy

3.3

DI water (aqua), disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, sodium C14-16 olefin sulfonate, cocamidopropyl betaine, cocoamidopropyl hydroxysultaine, dimethicone copolyol, cocamide DEA, glycol distearate, hydrolyzed keratin, theobroma cacao seed (cocoa) butter, parfum, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf extract, panthenol, polyquaternium 11, DMDM hydantoin, cetyl alcohol, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, PEG-23M, CI 42090 (blue 1), CI 16035

on 6/6/2012 9:25:00 PM

I tried this product for a month and I hate it. It left my hair completely unmanageable after the shampoo and conditioner of the same brand and line. I have thick, coarse hair and it made my hair so much harder to blowdry straight and gave me flyaways galore. I threw this out after a month. RIP shampoo.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I just finished writing my review for the matching conditioner which I purchased first and used a few times before getting the shampoo. I think the two work together because the conditioner by itself didn't do a whole lot but when mixed with the shampoo I'm pretty impressed. My naturally curly hair is highlight-damaged and I need protein to keep the curl pattern somewhat normal. I used the conditioner as a deep treatment and it did pretty good for something I paid less than $10 for. It's not Tigi's Dumb Blonde or Ouidad's Deep Treatment but if you're tight on cash like I was it's a godsend among shampoos and conditioners that are loaded with silicone. I love the smell of this shampoo and it does a good job cleansing without stripping my hair or scalp, nor have I had issues with scalp itch like I have with Garnier, the reformulated new Pantene (awful!) or Suave shampoo. It's not as moisturizing as Shea Moisture shampoos which I adore but right now I need the protein boost. Since this is not a product meant specifically for color treated or damaged hair you don't get enough slip in it and need not only the matching conditioner but also a dab of something else like Shea Moisture or Suave but I'm satisfied with my purchase so far.

on 5/19/2012 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This has got to be one of my favorite shampoos on the market aside from the Keratin Juvexin. My hair is past my waistline and is naturally wavy, almost curly, and it's very hit or miss when I decide to air dry it. However, when I use this shampoo along with the coconut milk conditioner there is a huuuuuge difference in my hair's texture. When I air dry it now I don't have to add anything else, no frizz serum, no leave-in, etc. I end up with really soft beachy waves. Now when I flat-iron my hair, it becomes so smooth that everyone thinks I got it rebonded. This shampoo and conditioner definitely saved me the trouble and cost of having to get that done, after all when your hair is over 2 feet long it would take forever and cost a sh*tload. I think $8 a pop is definitely worth it and I will definitely be buying this line again..

on 5/9/2012 2:37:00 PM

I like this shampoo much more than conditioner (which doesn't leave my hair feel moisturized after it dries out).

This is a nice drug-store product. Price is a bit over average for drug-store brand but I don't mind because it is better than most drug-store shampoos I tried before.

First of all, it doesn't contain sulfates, it is not 100% natural product but it is not full of bad stuff either.

It smells amazingly, it reminds me of mixture of cocoa butter and coconuts, very tropical rich smell, but it doesn't linger in my hair for over 12 hours, it's not over-powering.

Consistency is a bit weird, it's like a gel and you feel like it will net be enough for you to clean your hair, but it absolutely is!
I don't use more than normal amount of shampoo I would use with other products (about 50p size). It lathers nicely, it leaves my hair very clean. It does dry out hair a bit and probably because it doesn't contain silicons, or parabens, or sulfates? You need to use good moisturizing conditioner after.
I used conditioner from this line and also macadamia oil masque. It works well with macadamia oil masque as deep conditioner, it left my hair very soft, easy to manage, reduced frizz and it was smelling heavenly. However, both of this products have quite strong smell for the first couple of hours, so if you don't like products that lingers in your hair (up to 12 hours) then don't buy it.

It is not miracle product, it won't straighten your hair, but it will be less harmful cleanser for your hair with nice smell.
If your hair is overly damaged and dry I would say you need to use something else to "fix it", I use this followed by deep conditioning treatment.

on 5/6/2012 7:22:00 PM

I like how this makes my hair look, and it does seem to add to softness and shininess. However, the smell is overwhelming. It makes you smell so much of coconut that it cannot really be worn out of the house.
If you put a ton in your hair and let it sit for a few hours and then wash your hair, your hair will look nicer afterwards.
Would be a great product if not for the smell.

on 4/8/2012 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wish i tried this sooner! It's everything and more i could have wanted in a shampoo/conditioner. I picked them up at walmart for 8.97$ each, which is not bad considering how well it works for me. It is sulfate free so it doesn't suds up but it definitely works. After washing hair does kind of feel like 'straw' but goes away immediately after using the conditioner, but again i find this with all sulfate-free shampoos.

My scalp reacts to allot of shampoos and get these painful red bumps all over. With this line it didn't happen, keeps my (lots of) fine frizzy/wavy hair perfectly straight till the next wash, doesn't weigh it down, smells great, cleans very well with out stripping my colour. I really can't say enough!

I let my hair air dry almost all the way with my organix coconut milk anti breakage serum on the ends. Then used my tresemme heat protectant spray all over and blow dried it. Then flat ironed my hair in sections using the tresemme again on each section.

I hope this review helps! I know everybody is different but if it sounds like you are in the same situation as me then i completely recommend it!

on 4/3/2012 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

3 week edit
I Decided that I'm not a fan of this product. It made my hair feel damage after awhile, and I definetly noticed when I switched back to my regular shampoo. WILL NOT BUY AGAIN.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would give this a 3.8 if I could really...

I have straight, long, Asian hair. The day I wash it, it's frizzy, and then the next day it looks great. Well, washing my hair with this makes it really smooth, and not frizzy at all like the second day. But it does make my scalp really oily day 2.

on 3/31/2012 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Best shampoo ever. It doesn't strip my hair and smells delicious.

In general I love the haircare products from Organix. I usually use the Organix Coconut Conditioner, but I got this in a swap and wanted to try something new, because brazilian keratin is supposed to be great for making hair super sleek and shiny and reducing frizz. Interestingly enough, I found this conditioner to have the exact same consistency and produce the exact same results as the Organix conditioners without keratin. My hair was still clean and shiny but I did not notice a reduction in frizz or any straightening properties, so in that respect it did not work for me. I will just go back to the coconut to get the exact same results with an amazing sent and without the caca brown color.

on 2/27/2012 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The absolute best conditioner that I have ever come across. It truly helps in straightening hair and I have thick, wavy hair. This product makes my hair so much more manageable and soft and shiny. It truly is the best. You just need the conditioner really and you need to leave it on for a little bit while in the shower, but you will see the difference afterwards. A little expensive for a small bottle, but it is really worth it.