November 26, 2014 | 1346 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Studio Careblend

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by mlynde82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I spent quite a bit of money on this powder, so I guess my expectations were just too high. I felt like this powder looked so artificial and "made up" when I wore it. When I use the puff, it reminds me of my old high school days using Cover Girl pressed powder (before I knew anything about makeup)... using a brush, it goes on kind of streaky over foundation.

It's not horrible, but for the price I was expecting something magical... I won't purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by enydonus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The finish is nice, natural. It is initially soothing on the skin. Controls oil fairly well without looking chalky or masklike. I enjoyed wearing this over my primer and concealer during the day. Unfortunately, after a few hours my skin started itching, burning, and little red spots became visible all over. Tried it out for 4 days, 8-14 hours each. I must be sensitive to something in this powder, one lippy deducted. My skin is ridiculously reactive. If this works for you, go for it. It's a beautiful powder. Could have been HG.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by MartiniSmiles

My MAC shade is NW20 and I bought the medium-plus shade. This is a good setting powder over foundation and is great during the summer time. It helps mattify my face and doesn't look obvious that I'm wearing powder but I don't think its anything too special since I'd be able to get something equivalent to this from the drugstore and spend less money. I've hit pan but will not be repurchasing it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by gilldiva

I see that lots of reviewers really like this powder. I am not one of them I'm afraid. I normally use MSFN and have been very happy with how natural that product looks. However, when going to buy another MSFN the sales girl at MAC recommended this powder. (I find it really annoying that the sales girls recommend the new products when they may not be the best product for me).
I dislike the finish of this powder. No matter how lightly I apply it, it leaves a powdery and obvious finish to my skin. I look like I'm wearing powder which is not how it should be.
The colour match is not great either. I am a nedium in MSFN and was told that the colours run the same on this powder however I have found it to be too dark for me. This makes the powder look even more obvious on my skin.
I won't be re-purchasing this and I am undecided as to whether to use it until it runs out or bin it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2012 8:49:00 AM More reviews by VictoriaHat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This powder leaves a beautiful sheer, soft finish on my dry skin but the color, Light, is just too yellow to look natural on my NC15 complexion. I returned to my old standby, Clinique Blended in Transparency Neutral, which also leaves a sheer, soft finish on dry skin and, unlike Careblend, the color blends perfectly into my my neutral-warm skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by beautyadvices

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love pressed powders, I love hd powders, I love MAC...so...it's simply perfect!
But if you don't wear any foundation and you want to try it "alone"...
...you won't see the real difference!
This powder, in Italy, is not so expensive (less than 30)
(MUFE, BENEFIT, TOO FACED etc. are higher than 30!!!)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2012 9:12:00 AM More reviews by itsjenna007

This powder feels really nice in the pan but unfortunately it makes my skin look really dry. It also makes areas look cakey. I will still use it but very sparingly on my face. I have a rimmel powder that works better for me but I won't waste this product. I know it is not the most expensive powder but I don't think its worth the price at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Annyutka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Review of:
M*A*C Studio CareBlend/Pressed Powder
Shade: "Medium Plus".

Sorry to burst the bubble of happy reviews and go against the grain of this item but we all want honesty, amiright?

I am not impressed. The color match is just OK, slightly too yellowish for me. But the worst is that it makes my pores look GIGANTIC and I have really tiny pores, which are probably the ONE and ONLY thing about my skin that I don't have to fret over! Alas, not with this powder, apparently! It also makes my skin feel (and look) rather dried out and "crpe-y".

All in all this product seems more on-par with Wet N' Wild, yet five times the cost. There's better options out there, especially at this price.

3.2.2012

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by d0sam1

So...where to begin. I like this powder, I really do. It's different from all the other powders I've used, very finely milled and soft, feels like I don't have a lot on my face but whatever i'm used to it. But here's the thing, I don't like the pink tones in this powder :( why MAC whyyyyy must you make powder this color? When I go out at night, it looks perfectly fine, very beautiful, but when I put it on in the day time, it makes my face look quite pinkish. I always do my makeup by my window so i can get natural sunlight to hit my face and I've been noticing how pinkish it makes my face look. Btw i'm Medium Dark and I wish MAC had a better color selection! oh well, life must go on.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 4:48:00 AM More reviews by dzcml88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm definitely giving up MSF Natural after using this. I stopped setting my foundation with powders (such as MSFN) after I realised I didn't like the powdered-down look. MSFN also made me oilier than usual, and oxidised to make my face look more pink, which I hate. But I did need a setting powder. After considering Chanel Natural loose powder, and nearly going for it, I (thankfully) came across this!

It's absolutely wonderful. I live in the tropics and I don't feel anymore oily, or like i'm wearing anything extra. You can't pick up too much product. You don't need too much product (unless you harshly swirl it, which I think is a waste..... watched this girl on YouTube - she was wondering why it lasted her only 2 months. Doh!)

Overall,
Pros:
Feels light and smooth on the skin - Pretty finely milled.
Doesn't break me out or make me oilier than usual
Lasts for long enough
Great for setting foundation
Great finish (Although, it could just be my foundation, i'll still add it to the list though)
Does not cling to/ accentuate flakes!!!!! *YESSSS!!!!*
Affordable
Better packaging than MSFN - handbag friendly; comes with mirror

Cons:
The puff it comes with is a bit awkward. There isn't a place to put it. But I don't think I'll be using it anyway. Shall just bring a travel kabuki if I do intend on using it on the go.
Not a con for me, but for those who are looking for coverage, look elsewhere. This is a SHEER pressed powder and is best for going over foundation, or light powdering.
Probably not best for people with really oily skin.

Will repurchase. I'm an NC35. Was between Medium and Medium-Plus. After trying it on, I went with Medium to account for slight oxidation. Doesn't really make a difference anyway since it's so sheer.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No