Milani The Multitasker Face Powder

Not tested on animals

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Dehydroacetic Acid, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Parfum (Fragrance), Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde (Lyral), Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Coumarin, Hydroxycitronellal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Eugenol.+/-May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

I hate to bring down the rating of this powder because it's not bad. As far as coverage goes, it provides very good coverage for a powder. Nothing crazy like mineral makeup or liquid foundation, but it has a buildable coverage that is fuller than other powder foundations I've used from the drugstore. I have used this to set my makeup and as a powder foundations on days where I don't feel like wearing liquid foundation. The color 02 light medium was a great color match for my NC20 skin, especially because it's so hard to find a good yellow toned powder in the drugstore.
I have 2 gripes about this powder. For one I have very oily skin and this powder breaks down as the day goes on. Although my face looks great and matte upon first application, after maybe 2 hours my face is a greaseball. In fact, sometimes I suspect my foundation wears better without this powder at all. I believe this is because this powder has a heavier coverage as opposed to a powder like Maybelline Stay Matte. The second reason I don't love this is because I have found that this powder broke me out a bit. I didn't always break out, but I noticed a few large breakouts on my cheeks especially after long days of sweating. I haven't noticed any other reviewers complaining about break outs, but I am pretty sure this powder was the cause of my breakouts.
All in all, even without the breakouts I probably would not have repurchased. It looks lovely upon initial application, but I think I need a more mattifying powder. I would recommend this to someone with drier skin or someone who is looking for a powder foundation with decent coverage.

on 8/14/2013 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I have been using this powder for the past 2 years now & I've definitely repurchased & I hope they never stop making it. Like another reviewer, I freaked out when I couldn't find it at Target anymore, & thought maybe it was discontinued, but I found it at Walgreens with the priced spiked up a bit, which is fine since my love for it is willing to pay a little more. There's a good amount of product & the packaging is beautiful!
I find it to be one of the smoothest powders I've tried from the drugstore, I can't compare it to anything high end, other than Clinique powders which aren't anywhere near as soft as these. There's absolutely no powdery-ness to this, it just feels so creamy and applies great with a powder brush for light coverage and w/ a sponge if you want it a little heavier.
BIG TIP: Apply this with a sponge or flat top brush for heavy powdery coverage, just go over your face w/ a setting spray & it looks SO FUH LAW LUSS, I can't tell you enough!!!! Thanks Wayne Goss (gossmakeupartist on Youtube)
I'm around an NC37-42 depending on the season. I made the mistake of getting "05 Tan" & it was a tad too dark/orange for me when it settled into my skin and oxidized. "04 Light Tan" was my best bet, but the Tan shade was excellent on the outer perimeter of my face & gave me just enough definition & matte bronzey-ness. Thank you Makeupalley reviewers for making me love this stuff!!!!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought this when I was on the hunt for *the perfect* matte bronzer.

I saw this in Walgreens and the only colors were 06 medium tan and 07 deep tan.

I picked up 06 medium tan bc there was less red in it, and never looked back.

I had no idea this wasn't intended to be a bronzer lol, but it is amazzzing-- one of the best matte bronzers I've ever owned!

I am light skinned-- like an NC15-20. I'm very fair, and very yellow under toned. I blush peach not pink.

I have a very difficult skin tone to accommodate bc anything pink/red looks very artificial and anything too mud brown just looks dirty on my light skin. People with my complexion definitely have a hard time finding a bronzer.

The most natural bronzer I ever tried was Bobbi Brown in "natural"-- not too red or dark or dirty. I never got around to buying it bc honestly it's just too extravagant to me to spend that much on just bronzer.

This shade on the skin is quite possibly a dupe! It's the most natural match since I've tried that shade. I like this better than lorac, wayy better than NYC "sunny", mac, better than park ave princess.

I use this daily for contouring and it just looks so natural and so awesome. I'm so glad I found this, and so glad I didn't realize it *wasnt* bronzer LOL

This is def my HG matte bronzer. I hope they never stop making it.

on 7/29/2013 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

LOVE LOVE LOVE this powder.

I use this in place of foundation and it works amazingly. I have a few minor acne scars and I don't like full coverage, but this powder with a bit of concealer underneath is enough for me. I'm on the oily, acne-prone side and this has not broken me out. I'm on my second compact as well. For shade reference, I'm around NC37-40 and I use 04 Light Tan. Definitely will consider repurchasing when I run out.

on 7/15/2013 4:23:00 PM

Amazing powder. I went into sheer panic mode when my local Target stopped carrying it. But thank god, offers it in almost every shade. I use both 'light tan' and 'medium' with varying degrees of success. Both colors look amazing. The staying power and coverage is bar none the best. There is NO chalky residue, just a wonderful sheen of coverage that perks up my complexion, even on my worst sleep deprived days. I haven't found another powder that compares, not even the expensive beauty brands.

on 7/15/2013 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First of all, thank you for all the honest people who have reviewed this product. I have finally found my holy grail powder.

Most powders do not last lang on my face but this lasted half day and started to lax about midday. I wore this with my E.L.F. HD Studio powder and it's a kickass combo. But alone it does wonder too. It makes my face smooth, lessens the appearance of pores, and covers minor blemishes.

The packaging is a little whimsical and for those people who like simple design, this might turn you off as the powder and the packaging has a bit of flowery and swirly engraving.

If you have skin like mine, I definitely recommend you this product.

on 6/29/2013 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The best pressed powder I have ever used! I wish they carried it around where I live so I didn't have to travel 30 minutes to buy it but it's that good. Let me just say I work in the greasiest of all snack food factories and as part of my job I have to sanitize equipment in areas that reach well above 100 and this stuff holds up to the oil and sweat without settling into fine lines. No cakiness when I touch up during breaks. Great for me because I don't leave the house without a full face of makeup even though it's very impractical given my disgusting job.

on 6/17/2013 7:05:00 PM

I have never posted a review of a product, but felt compelled to write one for the Milani Multitasker. I bought it in the light and it is great! Great Matte finish, not cakey. I just wish I would have found this sooner!

on 6/11/2013 8:54:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have this lil gem in the lightest shade and I must say, this is a similar but far superior powder to the MAC Studio Fix least for my skin, it is. It truly is a multitasking product as it works great as a setting powder, blot powder (never looks cakey) and powder foundation. You can apply it wet for extra coverage. If I use it as a powder foundation, which is my favorite way to use it, it can get up to a medium coverage. Lasts all day over a primer and there's no need to top it with a setting powder if using it alone. Great price, nice scent and you get a lot of product. LOVE LOVE LOVE this powder! I like using my ecotools bronzer brush to apply this powder as foundation.

- Jess

on 6/2/2013 8:42:00 PM

I heard about this product being raved on youtube by hollyannaree so i had to try it! I don't normally wear much foundation, just concealer since that's what i really need. For the days i wanted a bit more coverage, i will use foundation and I prefer "powder/cream" ones over liquid. I was surprised as to how much coverage this powder gives without feeling heavy or looking cakey! I am a MAC NC 20-25 and i bought both the "light medium 02" and the "medium 03". I use "02" to brighten under my eyes and to highlight....and "03" for my entire face. It's a great color match - a touch darker than my actual skin tone which is fine since my face is more pale than the rest of my body lol.

I didn't give this 5 lippies due to the fact that it did cause some minor breakouts that surfaced each time after wearing this powder. I have hyper-sensitive skin so it doesn't surprise me at all. I have yet to find a makeup product for the face that doesn't break me out.

I bought mine for about $7US at Kmart which isn't bad at all!

I would definitely buy this again!