October 20, 2014 | 485 users online

Pressed Powders - Milani - The Multitasker Face Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by allygee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was great for setting my foundation and keeping my usual shininess at bay. It felt light and adsorbed in nicely. Very nice product, does what it says.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ladies and gentlemen, let me first preface this review for this wonderful HG product by saying I've crossed many roads. Tried many a powder. Turned many different shades of orange. And gotten the dreaded cakey oily face at the drop of a hat.
So when I say this powder is the best I've ever come across...just know that I love it the way normal people love the perfect car...or whatever it is people who don't hoard makeup enjoy.
I could write songs and poetry about this little wonder, but in the interest of saving my dignity, I'll say this; it gives a smooth, even finish that is never cakey or orange, has slight coverage and keeps me matte a good 8 hours. Touching up is no longer a cowardly task as it blends so flawlessly.
I've read some complaints saying that it makes the face look "flat". I don't mind, it's too wonderful to complain, anyways that's why I've got my highlighter and bronzer.
Would I repurchase? Pffft. I'd marry it if I could. It's my HG powder, at last.

36 out of 36 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by bbydoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

UGH! Everything else about it is OK: it provides decent coverage (not a foundation) and upholds oil resistant however, its dull! I dont want a one-dimensional, matte face. The powder is cheap, its not as finely milled as it should be. It's slightly chalky, however your natural oils through the day will even it out so you won't be complaining, only in the beginning.

Trust me, for setting powder, you want a light and sheer powder that eliminates oil. Also, it has to be a great luminizing powder that imparts a soft healthy glow. This thing is one-dimensionally nasty. This is best for oily skin! To correct the dullness and chalkiness, I spray FIX+. DONT BUY IT!

The best setting powder is Shiseido The Makeup Luminizing Color Powder, it does everything above that a great setting powder should.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Aralechan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So in my search for skin perfection, first i try all of the cheaper stuff listed as an MUA Top Pick and then work my way to the expensive stuff if necessary. This was great because it was cheap, it was fantastic for being completely matte, but unfortunately it looked too flat, the color match wasn't good and it caused a bunch of little whiteheads on my chin. I know this was the guilty product because I've had clear, blemish-free skin for years. So much so that I panicked and didn't know how to deal with those whiteheads. I stopped using this powder and then it took like 2 months for my skin to recover. Boo.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by carling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am NC-50 and I use this Milani powder (07- Dark Tan) and MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (Deep Dark) interchangeably. While I wouldn't say it's a one-to-one Skinfinis dupe, I think the end result is similar and quite beautiful. I love this powder! It has provides oil control and you can often get it on sale or clearance (got mine for less than $2 at Sears). Great bang for your buck!

Milani Multitasker Face Powder FAR exceeded my expectations. I use it regularly and reserve the expensive MAC Mineralize Skinfinish for special occasions.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by nimzy

This product really is quite good. It is smooth and provides some extra coverage. It is completely matte and is fine enough to prevent that powdery feel. I have dry skin and it does not make me look cakey. The packaging is kinda bulky and I wish the mirror was on the same side as the powder. Overall I like it better than maybelline dream matte by a long shot.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by lisamims1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Still searching for a better color match than my tried-and-true Cover Girl "Simply Powder", I decided to try this out.

It gave me whiteheads and deep cystic acne almost instantly. The cystic acne still has not healed, after several days. If you're acne prone, this is not a good fit.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by tstavrop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this powder in light-medium (a nice light yellow tone) to set my under eye concealer. this works better than banana powder (too dark and doesn't set) and laura mercier powder.

great price, awesome product. i can't be without this powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by NormaGee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this powder I have oily/combo skin so I felt it worked really well for me. I've gone through 3-4 of these powders it has great coverage. I am an NC20 and I choose shade 004 Light Tan the yellow undertones were exactly what I wanted and helps neutralize redness.
Cons:
-I think for someone with dry skin maybe it wouldn't work so well because it'd probably look flaky.
- There isn't a wide variety of shades.
-The packing kinda sucks because the mirror is underneath the powder
and the sponge that it comes with isn't any good either.
overall I think it's a great product I hope this helps someone!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 5:02:00 AM More reviews by jenny90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

An amazing powder that provides coverage. I use it to set my foundation and it works really well. I use light/medium and it has those yellow undertones that I'm always searching for. Doesn't look overly powdery on the skin, and the longer you wear it the more 'natural' it looks as it melts into your skin. Keeps my skin matte for several hours. Great little compact that's sturdy enough to leave in your purse for touch ups. As I said before, it provides extra coverage to your foundation if you use it to set your makeup which is great. Will definitely repurchase and I highly recommend it.