October 2, 2014 | 959 users online

Eyes - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Brow & Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by jqcafe

I bought the black and turquoise for 99 cents each at my local Walgreens, and they're about an inch shy of a pencil's length.
The black is charcoal black, and the turquoise is a pretty balance between blue and green (more like teal in depth of color) and has slight shimmer. I agree they take a couple swipes at least for the best color payoff, but just one swipe gets you 75-80% there.
They are very creamy, so they smudge easily. Especially bad since I have Asian double eyelids that are pretty much near monolids and I have oily lids. Even Too Faced shadow insurance and powder doesn't stop transfer to my top lid within a few minutes after application. On my lower lash line--raccoon city. Personally, these are better as a base color for shadow of the same shade than as a liner. The liner disappears gradually and bits of it randomly fall onto my face throughout the day, but it's so soft it can be smeared away with a finger.
Pigment, consistency, and price are all excellent, but the terrible staying power is a deal breaker for me. Le sigh...all of the colors really are beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wet n' Wild Color Icon Pencils are longer than average eye, brow, and lip liners. I have 5 of these to review. I purchase 4 at Rite Aid and 1 at Giant Eagle, all for .99 each. The Colors I have are:

Deep Blue - a matte medium navy blue
Purple - A matte dark purple
Sky Blue - a metallic light blue
Turquoise - a shimmery green-blue
White - A matte white.

These pencils have a decent consistency. They're soft enough to apply easily but not soft enough to glide right on. They come in a variety of colors for eyes, brows, and lips. You get a ton of product in these, they're up to double the length of an average eyeliner (they're about 8 or 9 inches long). Color pay off on these is good, except white which is a bit sheer. It takes two strokes to achieve a good amount of color. Wear time for these is good, atleast 8 hours. There isn't much to say about these other than they're a good basic eyeliner for a great value.

Best of the bunch: Sky Blue - unique color and finish

Worst of the bunch - White - a bit sheer and harder to built up.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 9:11:00 AM More reviews by CatherineSolo

I can't believe this eyeliner is $1.99. I have been looking for a dark brown eyeliner that lasts, that I can smudge, and is easy to use every day for quick looks in the morning. This is it!

This liner is not as creamy as so many of the long-lasting liners (Milani, Tarte, etc), so it's MUCH easier to work with (it doesn't smudge all over then set in its awful smudged state). You can blend it, smudge it, leave it as is, line your waterline, and it works well.

The only down side is that it doesn't last as long as a long-lasting liner, but that's ok with me. After trying so many of the long-lasting liners, I've found I'm not actually a fan of them for every day. They are hard to work with when you're in a hurry and a nightmare to remove. They certainly have their plusses, but for my morning makeup, this liner is much more suitable for me... particularly as I do my eye makeup in the car on the way to work (no I'm not driving, I'm a passenger!), so mistakes are easy to make.

EDIT:
I've taken off 2 lippies because I'm finding that even with an eye primer, this liner just doesn't last. Not even a couple hours. I don't have oily lids or even watery eyes, but so unfortunately I think it's the product, not me. Wish this could be my holy grail, as it's so cheap, but it just doesn't perform that well. Still on the hunt for the perfect brown liner!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by cadeyduck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The quality and pigmentation is amazing for the price, I got black black and the color is what it says it is! Glides smoothly too.

Two issues: The cap falls off allll the time and it's really annoying.
There is no waterproof version and it comes off and smudges easily if you touch your eyes at all or if it's really hot out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by XenaY

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I found Amethyst to be so beautiful and such high quality for such an inexpensive pencil that today I also bought Deep Blue and Green. I use them on my upper eyelids, dust with eyeshadow to help it "set" and then go over it lightly with a darker pencil. I find this adds a little "oomph" to my eyes. Great product!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Angelwing1020

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought mine yesterday in the color purple. It was only $0.83 USD.

I found that it's comparable to the NYC liners (which I bought mine for $0.93)

I find that the NYC liners are softer (but they break since it's so soft)

The Wet n Wild one for me is
1. Hard (So i may have to use the blowdryer before using)
2. Smudges (but it doesn't travel past half of my eyebags)

However I can say that I do enjoy the pigmentation of it. I'm not sensitive to it.

I enjoy it more than my NYC because when this fades, it's smooth while the NYC leaves you with pieces of eyeliner behind.

I haven't tried it as a base yet. And I wouldn't buy it again because I don't need any more colored liners

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by stephanielove13

I have three of these: black, white, and turquoise. They're great for the price, but I do find that I see it smudging a bit. I got a Sephora Flashy Liner that is very similar in color to the turquoise Wet 'n' Wild eyeliner and it goes on much creamier and smoother so now I prefer to use that, rather than these. I'm still looking for the perfect eyeliner that doesn't smudge. The white is great for your inner tear duct, though so I'd look into buying a white one. Also, when I sharpen it, the product sort of stuck to the sharpener, on the blade. The thing is, the sharpener was a Wet 'n' Wild one so I'm not sure if it's the creaminess of the product or the sharpener. I don't think I'd purchase these again because I already got the colors I'd like to try out and I'm constantly trying products from different brands so that's just me. But still, it's great for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 8:13:00 AM More reviews by az1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this pencil based on all of the recommendations on here. I love it! I thought I was going to have to shell out 15 bucks for UD zero again, but now I don't have to. This is better than MUFE eyeliner which I just got for free from Sephora.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Lilconfetti

I really do like this product but i gave it 4 stars because it smudges and transfers very easily. I had originally bought this to use on my waterline, but it doesn't even last 5 minute on there before it starts to transfer to my lower lashes. i put it away and then last week i used it again but to line my eyelid this time. that worked very well but you better use a eyeprimer and setting powder along with it because it will smudge if you touch it. the staying power may suck but if you use it to line your eyelid or create a smokey eye then this is good :D

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by rohiam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was an amazing product! It goes on so smooth, but tends to fade easily. There's a lot you can do with this product, and I love the creaminess of it! I usually don't like pencils and opt for liquid instead, but this was just so good that I had to buy every color :) It's more colorful than just sparkly, but sometimes you have to REALLY press to get color. A note about pencils that may or may not be true... when they stretch your skin and wrinkle it as you apply, it gives you wrinkles later on in life. This is why I like liquid better... but that's just me! This was a great steal for the price!