November 24, 2014 | 1823 users online

Moisturizers - St. Ives - St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this moisturizer.

I have sensitive, rosacea and acne prone skin, so I need to be extremely careful with what I put on my face. This product caused no negative reaction for me at all. It does have a fragrance, which could potentially bother some. It smells very apricot-y to me, which I actually enjoy, but the scent fades quickly.

It's a simple moisturizer, it's very light and creamy and when you rub it in it just sort of melts into your skin. It leaves behind no filmy feeling, but your skin just feels a bit more plump and much more soft. Because this is the winter and I am having flaky skin problems (Retin-A usage), I use this under an occlusive in order to keep the moisture in. On it's own, it would be great in the summer, or for people with oilier skin. I could also see this as being great for mixing extra active ingredients into.

The price is wonderful on this, you get 10 oz for 4-5 dollars. My only complaint is that the tub it comes in doesn't have a protective seal on it when you buy it, which I would prefer (and is why I gave it a low rating on packaging).

Overall, I would definitely recommend this product for anyone not sensitive to fragrance.

UPDATE: This moisturizer is still one of the only ones that I can use without causing any sensitivity on my face, but on its own it's just too light for winter usage, nevermind retin-a usage. I find that it really is wonderful for mixing active ingredients into, to boost it's moisturizing capabilities. I would still highly recommend buying it, for its simplicity and super low cost, but on its own don't expect it to do a lot for very dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Kerrio247

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this product, I use it every other night - switching back to the heavier Nivea Cream. I live in a tropical, sunny area, and I'm always concerned about my skin, especially my d├ęcolletage. I go through a lot of night moisturizer because I use it on my face, neck and chest. This moisturizer is so inexpensive and rich that I can use all that I want! I buy it from Amazon, as no one sells it locally. I wish it were in a tube, but I'm ok with the tub. It smells great too.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Kimmeh5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm on my 3rd large container of this St Ives moisturizer, so I've had a few months to experiment with it. It's cheap, lots of product for around $5. I do have a few bones to pick with it though.

I think it would work better for oily skin. I have very dry, maybe even dehydrated skin. It sucks as a moisturizer by itself but works wonderful in combination with OCM and using a few drops of an oil to moisturize with before the St. Ives.

It's GREAT for rosacea/red prone skin. No triggers at all. Pretty basic moisturizer. Mineral oil makes a really good protectant for your skin, which is why I said it's good in combonation with other moisturizing ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by erikanicole76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely L O V E this! For the price and the amount that you get, it's amazing and totally worth it! I have oily skin and I've tried many many items from high end to low end and this has to be my fave thus far. It isn't thick at all, glides on, doesn't clog pores, smells great and also doesn't leave my skin oily.

I use this day and night after I wash and tone my face. I've been using it for about a month now and my skin has sun spots and acne scars but this product has made my skin look pure, alive and plump (if that makes sense, lol).

I would definitely repurchase this again when I run out! Highly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 4:19:00 AM More reviews by kcarrion

I love this stuff! I have combination skin. I have mainly been using this as a night cream since it has no SPF. You can really feel it tighten and firm your skin, especially in my forehead area. Medium thickness. I don't think it has a scent, just lotion-y. I have been using it for many months, and it still has about half left! So much bang for your buck haha. It also works well under makeup, no greasy residue, but with no SPF I mainly only use it if I know I'm not going to be outside. I will definitely be using this as long as they make it!!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by southparkrules

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
1. good price

Cons:
1. greasy
2. breaking me out
3. not improving the appearance of my skin

It might be ok to put it on your body but not your face. It can serve as a shield to protect your skin from harsh winter cold air and wind but it really doesn't make your skin look better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I kept seeing this pinned over and over again and I admit, I was curious. I've used a few St. Ives products (who hasn't used the apricot scrub?) and figured for how little it cost it was worth a try. It's a huge jar for $5 - though I wish it was in a tube for sanitary purposes.

I don't really have lines or wrinkles yet, but I was hoping this might add a little bit of suppleness and youthful glow back to my skin. It's hard for me to tell if it's having any positive "anti-aging" effects, but my skin does look smoother, feel a little softer, and maybe even has slightly noticeable radiance to it.

Once or twice I've used it in the morning and it is perfectly good under makeup, which is surprising given how moisturizing it is. It doesn't make skin feel greasy or tacky. Okay for sensitive skin - doesn't cause redness or itchiness.

A word of warning, though, for those with acne-prone skin like me. This, like many moisturizers (unfortunately) contains Cetyl alcohol, which is often a trigger ingredient for breakouts. I have discontinued using this because of that (and a few other ingredients that can cause acne) but this would still be a great moisturizer for people who don't have those types of skin issues (you lucky ones!).

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by lyssaw519

I tried so hard to love this moisturizer. For the first month of using I loved this stuff... it moisturized my skin and kept it from drying out from harsh products. Unfortunately I didn't realize that my breakouts were caused by this stuff until I had been using it for over a month. Literally the day after I stopped using this my skin started clearing up. The second ingredient is mineral oil and this is not your friend if you have oily or combination skin like I do. This product also gets a less than favorable review on Paula's choice beautypedia. I'm bummed because if it hadn't caused me to break out it offered a lot of moisture but sadly it just caused more clogged pores and acne. There are better moisturizer out there that have skin-favorable ingredients that won't clog your pores they just cost a little more.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by PinkScorpio

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is amazing!!!! I have combination skin and needed a moisturizer. After a long period of trial and error I found St. Ives to work the best. I put it on after cleansing at night and then again in the morning. My face feels soft, light and I feel confident again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by blubberina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If I knew what a bomb this was for oily skin, I'd have skipped it. It did everything a moisturizer shouldn't: it sat on top of my skin like a fine layer of oil and just felt heavy even when it dried, and minutes later my naturally oily skin would oil up as usual so there's an oily mess and a heavy feeling on my skin. It clogged my pores up so badly I started getting small white bumps all over my face, not pimples but some really bothersome and unsightly bumps. When I switched to a water-based moisturizer, it went away. The only thing I can draw from this is that this is a bomb on oily skin. Skip it if you have that type of skin.