April 20, 2014 | 1306 users online

Moisturizers - St. Ives - St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 8:52:00 AM More reviews by shuluva1

This is my HG night cream. Saw this reviewed by many on YouTube and had to try. LOVE IT! Light fragrance, but doesn't bother me. Feels great on my skin, and the price, way cheap. Will definitely buy again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Light and whipped and creamy texture. But still quite rich and moisturizing. Price is fantastic.

CONS: I cannot tell you how much the strong fragrance bothered me. I can take a bit of fragrance with a night cream, as long as it's not too floral or perfumey. I can prove this by telling you I used Loreal's Age Perfect line for a year. ;) This one is slightly perfumey but in a powdery/fresh shower way. But it's a very annoying smell to my nose, and it made my nose very "itchy." Some won't like that it's in a jar, but I just make sure my hands are clean before using.

ALTERNATES: Paula's Choice Skin Recovery line has a great moisturizer and mask that is sometimes used by some as a night cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by CaitlinT

I use this lotion on my face every morning and night after using St. Ives apricot face wash. It's so fresh, it dries quickly, and doesn't make my skin oily at all. It is a nice, light lotion, and I love it. The pot-type container is nice because you can use all the product, and it seriously lasts a long time. Great value and a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by PandaLalaa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is a facking miracle.
I don't know WHY or HOW this stuff clears my skin up pretty much instantly, but it does.
I bought this about 4 months ago and started using it when I was going through a pretty rough patch with my skin, in about 3-4 days everything had calmed down and my skin was looking perfectly normal and balanced. No redness, no breakouts, no dry patches, nothing. I stopped using it, like an idiot, because I got bored and was looking for a change.
Until a few days ago when I got a TERRIBLE breakout alllll over my face from a combination of bad skincare, stress, heavy drinking, traveling, and no sleep. It was a nightmare.
I decided to switch back to this moisturizer and have used it a grand total of 2 times since I've been home and my face already looks about 90% better.
I really really have no idea what's in this that my face likes so much, but if I ever try to stray from it again someone needs to slap me and tell me to stop being such a fool.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 4:57:00 AM More reviews by traubelein

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I read about this moisturizer here on MUA and could only wish I could try it for myself since everyone was raving so much about it, so all I could do was pin a picture of it on my pinterest since it's not available here in Jakarta. Little did I know, my bf who's currently in Sydney saw my pinterest and he bought and sent it to me. About a month later, with many other makeup and skin products I had pinned, it arrived!!

My thoughts on this moisturizer:

PROS:
- I love the fresh scent
- I love how cool it sort of feels on the skin
- Doesn't irritate my skin (and I'm very sensitive)
- Acts as a good base before your foundation (gives a nice glow)
- A blessing and a curse, the HUGE tub
- Absorbs quickly
- Skin feels soft and smooth after immediate application
- I think it's better than MAC's Studio Moisture Cream that feels a bit too thick on the skin

CONS:
- Wish it came in a different packaging alternative (like a squeeze tube with a nozzle?)
I move some to a smaller plastic jar so I don't contaminate the rest of the stuff.

Overall, I'm happy with this product. Would repurchase again, but I think that would be until many years from now? hahaha.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by GirlyRunnerGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this. I have had it for 10 months and used it every night and I still have about 1/5 of the container left! Makes my skin soft and glowy. I have very sensitive skin and most stuff either burns my skin or my eyes and this never does! I also love the price. I will for sure repurchase again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 2:06:00 AM More reviews by MadisonBrown

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love love love!! I got this product because of its great reviews and was not disappointed. SO much moisturizer for such a great price, especially since a little goes a long way! I've used it every morning and night for around 10 days, and it looks like I haven't even touched it yet! It has a very thin, watery consistency which I was skeptical about at first, but it makes the product absorb right into your skin and start working instantly. It's a light, gentle formula which is perfect for my sensitive skin, and the results are highly noticeable. The smell is kind of a chemically one, but it's relaxing-- like a spa smell. Definitely will repurchase (if I ever finish this jar!)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by JB1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for 2 weeks now and can already tell a difference in the smoothness of my skin. And at this price point and this much product it will last a long while. I've never been a huge fan of St. Ives because it has always left my skin feeling greasy, but this soaks into my skin really well and quickly. Perfect for dry to normal skin, I would be cautious if I had oily skin, this product does contain some oils.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by xYvettex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!!! It made my skin crazy itchy and break out. Wasn't moisturizing enough and It contains mineral oil which is a Xenohormones leadS to today's hormone imbalances. ... solvents, plastics, cosmetics, and soaps made with petrochemical based emulsifiers – a.k.a. mineral oil also comes in a jar which is a big hygiene no no.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by maybom

I bought this moisturizer based on the many great MUA reviews and unfortunately, I cannot share the enthusiasm. I bought the tube version and I do agree that there's a lot of product for a great price, absorbs quickly, and you can buy it anywhere. The scent didn't bother me and it wasn't greasy but I found my face felt tight after using it and it's not moisturizing enough for me, even on my mainly oily face. I've been using it every night for 6 months and it hasn't made an iota of difference on my fine lines but I've now found a new use for it by mixing it with my Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Skin Protectant (which I really like) which makes the 8 Hour cream easier to slather onto my face. This St. Ives moisturizer is very average and ho-hum.