August 22, 2014 | 1761 users online

Moisturizers - St. Ives - St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by lyssaw519

I tried so hard to love this moisturizer. For the first month of using I loved this stuff... it moisturized my skin and kept it from drying out from harsh products. Unfortunately I didn't realize that my breakouts were caused by this stuff until I had been using it for over a month. Literally the day after I stopped using this my skin started clearing up. The second ingredient is mineral oil and this is not your friend if you have oily or combination skin like I do. This product also gets a less than favorable review on Paula's choice beautypedia. I'm bummed because if it hadn't caused me to break out it offered a lot of moisture but sadly it just caused more clogged pores and acne. There are better moisturizer out there that have skin-favorable ingredients that won't clog your pores they just cost a little more.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by PinkScorpio

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is amazing!!!! I have combination skin and needed a moisturizer. After a long period of trial and error I found St. Ives to work the best. I put it on after cleansing at night and then again in the morning. My face feels soft, light and I feel confident again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by blubberina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If I knew what a bomb this was for oily skin, I'd have skipped it. It did everything a moisturizer shouldn't: it sat on top of my skin like a fine layer of oil and just felt heavy even when it dried, and minutes later my naturally oily skin would oil up as usual so there's an oily mess and a heavy feeling on my skin. It clogged my pores up so badly I started getting small white bumps all over my face, not pimples but some really bothersome and unsightly bumps. When I switched to a water-based moisturizer, it went away. The only thing I can draw from this is that this is a bomb on oily skin. Skip it if you have that type of skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Update : A MUA member corrected me that the collagen-elastin source is NOT animal tissue.
Nowhere on the St.Ive's website do they clarify the collagen-elastin source, especially when they have a dedicated Glossary section for the ingredients as well as an FAQ page.
Having corrected this part, the rest of my review still stands.

I do not understand why St.Ives is a popular brand. Most of their products have such nasty ingredients! This cream has collagen, elastin the source of which is not clarified on their website. The cream itself smells rotten. It is a concoction of chemicals, mostly comedogenic stuff.... I'd steer clear of this stuff and use plain olive oil as a moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Jazzcar2044

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I recently bought this product and instantly fell in love with it. I have oily skin and every moisturizer I've used in the past has made me breakout. This product is light, and doesn't leave my skin greasy which was something I was looking for. The smell is light and not over powering. This works for me personally :o)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by vmarscg

So I've had this moisturizer for a while and it was just sitting on a shelf. I had really stubborn forehead scabs scars etc I sleep with this on my face.. when I woke up just washed my face and moisturized again with this. I come back from school and do a cornmeal scrub (best way to exfoliate in my opinion better than sugar)and wow my forehead was so clear and my acne scars /scabs were more then 60 % diminished. I like the texture it's creamy yet watery. Im not a fan of the smell but it's definitely tolerable and it's actually a relaxing scent just I smelled better lol overall I really like this product would buy again. I believe this moisturizer helped my scars sort of heal because they sort of softened the scabs and helped it heal during the night ... Plus the main ingredient is water so I mean how bad could it be? I mean give it a try it's super cheap and come s with alot well yeah that's it :) <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

This is a nice facial moisturizer that I use every morning and night. It's very lightweight and glides nicely across the skin. It doesn't irritate my skin or cause break outs, and the price is awesome.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by angelaccpan

Very cheap yet works very well for my oily skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by molly316

Terrible for face, OK for body. This product made me break out horribly and once I cut it out of my regimen, my face immediately cleared up. I was so disappointed as I really wanted a good night cream for my face but this is not to be. My dermatologist actually warned me to be careful about this product, as it not only can irritate skin but includes certain oils that are comedogenic and can cause breakouts. It was only after she suggested that this could be the culprit for my acne, that I switched to something else and my skin got better.

I suppose it gets one lippie only because as a body lotion, it works pretty well. I do like the texture, it smells fresh, and it does make your skin soft. So at least it's not a total loss, but use with caution.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by sniksahchloe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really can't live without this stuff. I used it all summer and I only got two pimples. That is crazy for me because I usually breakout out pretty badly every month or so. I quit using it and my skin started breaking out again. I should have never quit. I wouldn't recommend using this under your make up though because it contains mineral oil. It made my make up melt off. (I use just a moisturizer and a light mineral powder) I use it every single night though and just was my face in the morning. It helps with my breakout tremendously and my skin looks younger for sure. I spend a lot of time in the sun and my skin looks tired and kind of old at the end of the summer but this really helps rejuvenate it. I think the mineral oil helps with breakouts a lot, even if you have oily skin like me. If you have oily skin and you use a lot of oil free products, it will dry your skin out and your face produce more oil to compensate. So, using oil on oil actually helps make your face more balanced. I would recommend only using it at night though if you have oily skin As for the packaging, I like the big jar. I is easy to get exactly how much you want and it lasts me a year or so, I use it every night. And it is only $5 at my walmart. Can't go wrong with that. All ladies should give this a try.