July 30, 2014 | 1364 users online

Treatments (Face) - Olay - Regenerist Night Resurfacing Elixir

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by ValleyGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Looks like there are two camps - those who love it and those for whom it gave bunches of zits.

Sadly, I fall into the second camp. I don't have the ingredients in front of me, but I'm guessing it may be the fragrance. I love Olay's Regenerist line, but only the fragrance free versions. Looks like that may need to extend to the rest of their products.

I can't tell you whether or not to buy this as I've read here that even those who normally have temperamental skin have had great results. It's going to be totally YMMV. Maybe a patch test? I don't know.

For me, it got pitched.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by machochick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I waited a month before I made a review. Let me tell you about my skin first, I have a very difficult skin. I have sometimes oily and acne-prone or sometimes oily but dehydrated skin (more on a drier side), but I always break out (adult acne).
I was under a Derm prescription but stopped a year ago, but I always go to my aesthetician once a month to put my acne at bay - which also helps. But my skin regimen wasn't cutting it. I wasn't completely clear. I'm needing a new moisturizer at night, so I went here at MUA to read reviews, and decided to try this elixir.
I started using this around Aug 2011, and after a month, I took pictures and my skin looks beautiful! I don't have any breakouts, my skin feels smooth and supple.
I only use this at night, after washing my face with a cleanser that has 2% salicylic acid, I use one pump of the elixir for my face (2 pumps includes my neck and decolletage). This feels sticky, almost glue-like, but absorbs in about a min or two. In the morning, I wash it off with the same cleanser I use at night, apply a sunscreen with SPF20.
I saw the difference in only 3 days of using this, and it still works wonders for me until now. I still have minor break outs, but not as much as before.
The packaging don't bother me, and I need to shake it before dispensing to make sure the product it well mixed in.
It's kind of pricey for a drugstore brand so I put one star out. I have to wait for the sale before I can buy one of this lovelies again.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by machochick

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2011 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Ichthyus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had the most heinous experience with this product. Firstly, the container is a cheap, plastic pump-bottle that feels like it will break apart any minute. Secondly, the product was horrible. It would leave a greasy, sticky film on my face. Then it made me break out horrendously with a lot of cystic acne. My skin quality was worse than it had been in a long time. Needless to say, it went back asap.

Use this product with care. It seems to work well for a some people, but it just may massacre your skin, as it did mine

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by yooka47

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Have been using every night for about a month now- two pumps covers neck and face nicely (almost too much) ad I have gotten many compliments on how smooth and perfect my skin looks! Yeah! Def less breakouts an smaller pores.
I love it bc it's fragrance free and I like its texture better than a lotion.
A winner for sure!
Bought a two pack a Costco with a coupon. SCORE!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by glamgirl31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this product for a little over a week now and I am seeing results. My skin is truly combination, leaning more towards oily in the summer and dry in the winter. I believe this serum will work as a replacement for a night lotion in all seasons. I wake up to more radiant, supple, and smooth skin. I use one pump and this amount covers my face and neck. I have noticed less clogged pores so far, and the pores that were clogged seem to be purging a bit too. I have noticed that my skin is more refined as well. So far, this product is perfect for me!

FYI: Because this is packaged in a clear plastic bottle, store it in a dark cabinet or drawer. According to Paula B's research, light will slowly break the vitamins in this down, rendering them ineffective.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by BrandyAlexander21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this after seeing it in a magazine and saw the reviews were mostly good. I have sensitive skin and it will break out if I use a new product that doesn't agree with me. Thankfully I'm on day five of using this product and so far no negative reactions. My skin does look brighter, more even, and smooth.

I started this product a few days after I ended my last menstrual cycle, and my skin is at it's worth the last few days of my period. But after I finish, my skin starts to clear up and gets really nice. So I don't know if it's just my body doing the work, or this product. Hopefully it will continue to work over the next month and give even better results. But I do like it so far, and I am glad I made the purchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by sparklehorse

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because I was looking for a cheaper alternative to Clinique's turnaround concentrate. It was a false economy because this has caused my face to break out in tiny pimples, all over. My complexion hasn't looked this bad in years.

Lesson learned...back to Clinique.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by chinadoll13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really tried to love this but it broke me out really bad. At the beginning it worked nice, smoothed skin, glowy...etc but after a couple of weeks my face broke out bad. Will not be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2011 10:04:00 PM More reviews by khvalles

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

EDIT: I recently dug this out of my medicine cabinet because my skin was feeling a bit rough and dull. Applied it after cleansing and it stung. Odd- didn't remember that from before...tried it for 3 nights in a row and the result was not pretty. My previously clear skin started to break out- under my eyes, on cheekbones, temples and chin- YUCK! Became very itchy and irritated. Nothing else had changed, so I stopped using it and now, one week later, the zits are slowly healing. This is going in the trash.

I'd wanted to add a nighttime serum to my regimen and had sampled Lancome Genefique. Liked it but just couldn't justify spending the money. After reading so many good reviews from other women in my age bracket (I'm really not interested in whether 19-24 yr. old girls like it), I bought this and have been so pleased. My skin is definitely smoother, less blotchy, and marks are fading. Best of all, no breakouts after 2 weeks. Also, it doesn't seem to have the overwhelming perfume of many Olay products and the sparkles in it don't bother me because I'm just wearing to bed, not out in public. Love it!

9 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No