April 18, 2014 | 1795 users online

Treatments - Clean & Clear - Advantage Popped Pimple Relief Drying Paste

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by tmel92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It works amazingly! I'm a picker, sadly, and I had a bad cystic on the the side of my check that I couldn't help but try to pop, although it was unpoppable, it hurt bad. It was huge and red but I couldn't leave it alone. So I went to target to by new facewash and saw this product. I decided to give it ago. I put it on late at night and slept with it. I woke up and it was hardly noticeable anymore. Double bonus? It no longer hurts.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2011 12:51:00 AM More reviews by thinkpink241

EDIT:

It worked well over night!!!!! My leaky popped pimples dried right up and size reduced to about half.. they are now healing. It however did nothing for the ones that have not reached the surface/popped.
---------------------------------
SO, I had an allergic reaction to a grapefruit-C gel moisturizer sample that i recieved from my local spa. It gave me little clear bumps ALL OVER my face. Every single one of them turned into a pimple.

Enter, this popped pimple paste. Yes, I am a picker.. i was SO good.. I didnt pick and i let the scabbies form after they popped.. but everytime i wash my face the scabs half come off again... so i just end up pulling them off. The ones that were left are annoying.. yes i picked :( SAD FACE. Anyways, So i am trying this for the first time tonight. I will update tomorrow morning with the results of what I see

I cleansed my face with my regular purity by philosophy cleaser, applied bed time for breakouts by dermalogica and then a light moisturizer. I then put this C&C popped pimple paste on all of my pimples that have that pitted look (popped/oozing/crater).

First impressions:
The bottle is easy to work with. I dont like putting the paste on with my finger so i dispense the product til a blob comes out the top of the little bottle, and then dab it on, santize top after finished (I have never had a problem doing this with any other pimple product). It comes out as a blue paste/lotion.. and goes on easy.. very easy to cover the pimple as it is no clear so you can SEE where its going.

It doesnt have any smell, it did not sting. It dried to a white paste and then gets really hard. Reminds me of an aspirin application actually.

Price:
I got this from Shoppers Drug Mart here in Canada for close to 8 dollars. It is such a tiny bottle... so it is expensive. But, i figure it was worth a shot.. if i hate it, i can return it.

Packaging:
Very easy to dispense.. the product is not runny so a ton doesnt come out the top. I prefer the clean and clear advantage (silver bottle) packaging with the pointy tip better.. i think it is more precise. But Whatever, if it works it works.

CONS:
-Price
-Its bright white (like tooth paste)... yes, my family laughed at me

I will update tomorrow AM to let you know how well it worked :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by thevnilly

It's been a rough couple of weeks for my face, since I started a new bc pill. So yesterday I headed out to Target and grabbed a tube of this paste. It is a pretty small tube, but luckily I got it on sale.
Once I got home, I spent the rest of the day and night with this stuff slathered all over my spots. Much to my surprise, this morning they're all smaller, less red, and more dried up than they were yesterday! This worked way better on my oozy, red spots than anything else I already had in my arsenal (MB drying cream, BP, Aztec mask, PTR sulfur cooling masque). If you've been guilty of picking, give this a shot!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 1:55:00 AM More reviews by LifesABeach

Def 5 stars on this one .... Works amazing ! Picked my face when I had a bad reaction and broke out on my chin what a mess I created and put this stuff on the purple scabs that were a result of my popping and picking , eeeew grossness ! Bought this little tube looking gel from rite aid for 7.99 and it has saved me !!!! The scabs literally dried up in hours ! The product comes in a little bitty tube with a dial on the bottom , turn the dial. , dispense a clear gel on the popped pimple . You can instantly feel it working , stings but in a good way , if that makes sense . The gel dries fairly quickly and the magic begins . I can totally feel it working . tool two nights of use for it to completely dry out . TIP ..... Only put on the pimple itself cause it dries your skin out like crazy . Def will repurchase and always have on hand incase I need it. !

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by brittanymarie123

This product is a life saver!! I absolutely love love love it! Although it doesn't work very well on pimples that are not popped..it works wonders on already popped pimples that need severe drying. It does dry out your face in the area you put it on, so make sure to use a good moisturizer. Overall, it is well worth the money, it reduces redness and drys the pimple/shrinks it almost immediately. I saw a noticeable difference in just one day! I recommend this to anyone. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 10:25:00 AM More reviews by talkaboutaddiction

I like so many other poor souls, have the awful habit of popping little bumps and then they ooze and turn into all out scabs that are 5 times the size they started out being...you pickers know what I'm talking about! So then you try to slather it in anything out of desperation and it ends up even more gross and crusty, which starts the process of picking the scab off etc... Anyway, as I was wondering through CVS I found this and bought the entire shelf of it. I figured if it sucked then maybe it will be good for bug bites but if it rocks then I have a crapp ton of it! So glad I did. It starts out as a blue/white lotion/paste and dries to what looks like white tooth paste. It smells sooo good. And it works! I smeared it on the wounds (had 7) and the next morning they were considerably smoother less red and soothed. Not all crusty and huge like with BP or SA gel. So then I did it again the next night and freakin a if the little suckers weren't almost healed and gone! And because it dries hard it reminds me not to pick at it when I touch my face. The down side? It is so so so embarrasing to wear this stuff to bed. My boyfriend was making very lude and crude comments about what my face represented with it on...I'll let you figure that out on your own. But the results are so worth it! He even noticed that it was working when he complemented my face and said I should keep using it since it's the fastest thing thats ever givin me good results! So all in all it was worth stocking up on and the only product I've found thats worth a crap. I use this Cerave pm lotion and foaming cleanser and Clinique's acne toner and that combo seems to work awesome for me. The reason for the 3 lippie rating even though this is great stuff is that it really only does work on the popped ones. Doesnt do much for the bumps that havent been mutilated yet. But then again it is marketed for "popped pimples" hence the name. Also it's like 7 bucks for a .5 oz tube which is a bit pricey for a small amt of zit cream IMO. HTH!

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No