Clean & Clear Advantage Popped Pimple Relief Drying Paste

4.4

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%, Acne Medication [Lotion]) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Hydrated Silica, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Isoceteth 20, PEG 6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Titanium Dioxide, Phenoxyethanol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Xanthan Gum , Sodium Citrate, Dimethicone Propyl PG Betaine, Fragrance, Menthyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Citric Acid, Benzalkonium Chloride, Blue 1

on 5/29/2011 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Saw this on tv and went out to give it a try. I try not to, but I do pick at my pimples. I use avene's spot treatment, and it does the job of either soothing my pimples to make them disappear, or aggrivate them, making them poppable or huge and red (weird I know). I get the ocassional disaster on my face, and when I use avene and it brings it to the surface, it tends to turn it into a scab. It'll will hurt but doesn't heal and its becomes an open wound that I need to let dry, after which will cause a blemish. Clean and clear's popped pimple paste worked great! I covered the pimples, they were open and wet, and it stayed on. Usually products woulnt be able to stay on bc of all the pus and lymphe, but this did. Does look a shade blue coming out of the tube, and dries hard and white. The next day after washing my face bc this stuff stays on pretty strong, my pimples were less red and subsided. I'm impressed. Didn't sting, but u could feel it working. A bit of a smell, but didn't last long. Got it at shoppers drug mart for 12 cdn. I would buy again, although its such a little squeeze tube, which keeps bacteria away, a little goes a lot, hope it works for u!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

i usually get little pimples around that time of the month urrgg but i use an extractor and then use this and it def helps! it makes it turn into a little flat scab that soon falls off it also feels soothing and doesnt irritate my sensitive skin i love it!

on 5/19/2011 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a great product. I'm definitely a picker...I hate having bumps on my skin so I unfortunately can't help myself. Anyways, lately my skin has been evil and I have been having more and more breakouts so my face was a mess. I saw a commercial for this stuff and I figured I would give it a try. It honestly works great! It definitely exceeded my expectations. I have just been using it a night because its not realistic to really use it more than that, and there is a huge difference the next day. Great product!!!

Several months ago, I experienced a prolong period of serious cystic acne breakout. Because these acne are beneath the surface, they're hard to get rid of. And the few that were finally popped, the skin will turn brown and would not fade for two to three months. It's very embarrassing to leave the house with a chin of brown bumps at my age.

It's not convenient for me to use this three times a day as suggested due to its bright color. But the result is clearly visible with only overnight treatment. Usually the red/brown bumps would be half the size of a dime, and raised for months. Not since I started using this. Once the acne was popped, I clean the area and put on this thickly before bed. Next morning the bumps would shrink half in size and the skin would feel smooth to the touch.

I have tried many products including other Clean & Clear acne products for this kind of adult acne, Clean & Clear Popped Pimple Relief Drying Paste is one of the few products that really work. I also tried Clean & Clear Persagel which made the cystic acne worse, and looked terrible. It's interesting how similar products from the same company can produce such drastic results. But once you read the ingridient list, then it is no wonder. Persagel is 10% benzoyl peroxide, while the Popped Pimple Relief is 0.5% Salicylic acid. The type of adult cystic acne, and my mature skin apprantly favors Salicylic Acid much better. The Popped Pimple Relief is also only 0.5oz, half the size of Persagel. Given the excellent result, I think it's well worth it and a bargain. I buy these from Amazon in 2 packs when they are at a good price. This way I'll always have one or two tubes on hand.

One trick of getting the best result using the Popped Pimple Relief is to apply it as soon as the acne was handled. If I waited a few days, then the result is slower and less visible. And apply thickly. I don't skimp on a product that can literally save my face.

on 5/8/2011 10:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This stuff is AMAZING! I had this pimple, and i really didn't want the ugly look after you pop a pimple, but it would take wayy to long to cure all up with what i was currently using. So, i popped it, but this stuff on it, and when i woke up it was much much smaller!!! I contined to put it on the next 2 or 3 days, and know i just have a mark! Frown on that part! :( The downside it that it is really embarissing, becasue it dries on white. My dad asked me if i had rubbed my normal spot treatment in all the way. Super embarrassing. And it's expensive! But all in all, a very good product!!!

on 4/24/2011 11:44:00 AM

It works amazingly! I'm a picker, sadly, and I had a bad cystic on the the side of my check that I couldn't help but try to pop, although it was unpoppable, it hurt bad. It was huge and red but I couldn't leave it alone. So I went to target to by new facewash and saw this product. I decided to give it ago. I put it on late at night and slept with it. I woke up and it was hardly noticeable anymore. Double bonus? It no longer hurts.

on 4/4/2011 12:51:00 AM

EDIT:

It worked well over night!!!!! My leaky popped pimples dried right up and size reduced to about half.. they are now healing. It however did nothing for the ones that have not reached the surface/popped.
---------------------------------
SO, I had an allergic reaction to a grapefruit-C gel moisturizer sample that i recieved from my local spa. It gave me little clear bumps ALL OVER my face. Every single one of them turned into a pimple.

Enter, this popped pimple paste. Yes, I am a picker.. i was SO good.. I didnt pick and i let the scabbies form after they popped.. but everytime i wash my face the scabs half come off again... so i just end up pulling them off. The ones that were left are annoying.. yes i picked :( SAD FACE. Anyways, So i am trying this for the first time tonight. I will update tomorrow morning with the results of what I see

I cleansed my face with my regular purity by philosophy cleaser, applied bed time for breakouts by dermalogica and then a light moisturizer. I then put this C&C popped pimple paste on all of my pimples that have that pitted look (popped/oozing/crater).

First impressions:
The bottle is easy to work with. I dont like putting the paste on with my finger so i dispense the product til a blob comes out the top of the little bottle, and then dab it on, santize top after finished (I have never had a problem doing this with any other pimple product). It comes out as a blue paste/lotion.. and goes on easy.. very easy to cover the pimple as it is no clear so you can SEE where its going.

It doesnt have any smell, it did not sting. It dried to a white paste and then gets really hard. Reminds me of an aspirin application actually.

Price:
I got this from Shoppers Drug Mart here in Canada for close to 8 dollars. It is such a tiny bottle... so it is expensive. But, i figure it was worth a shot.. if i hate it, i can return it.

Packaging:
Very easy to dispense.. the product is not runny so a ton doesnt come out the top. I prefer the clean and clear advantage (silver bottle) packaging with the pointy tip better.. i think it is more precise. But Whatever, if it works it works.

CONS:
-Price
-Its bright white (like tooth paste)... yes, my family laughed at me

I will update tomorrow AM to let you know how well it worked :)

on 3/27/2011 3:13:00 PM

It's been a rough couple of weeks for my face, since I started a new bc pill. So yesterday I headed out to Target and grabbed a tube of this paste. It is a pretty small tube, but luckily I got it on sale.
Once I got home, I spent the rest of the day and night with this stuff slathered all over my spots. Much to my surprise, this morning they're all smaller, less red, and more dried up than they were yesterday! This worked way better on my oozy, red spots than anything else I already had in my arsenal (MB drying cream, BP, Aztec mask, PTR sulfur cooling masque). If you've been guilty of picking, give this a shot!

on 2/27/2011 1:55:00 AM

Def 5 stars on this one .... Works amazing ! Picked my face when I had a bad reaction and broke out on my chin what a mess I created and put this stuff on the purple scabs that were a result of my popping and picking , eeeew grossness ! Bought this little tube looking gel from rite aid for 7.99 and it has saved me !!!! The scabs literally dried up in hours ! The product comes in a little bitty tube with a dial on the bottom , turn the dial. , dispense a clear gel on the popped pimple . You can instantly feel it working , stings but in a good way , if that makes sense . The gel dries fairly quickly and the magic begins . I can totally feel it working . tool two nights of use for it to completely dry out . TIP ..... Only put on the pimple itself cause it dries your skin out like crazy . Def will repurchase and always have on hand incase I need it. !

This product is a life saver!! I absolutely love love love it! Although it doesn't work very well on pimples that are not popped..it works wonders on already popped pimples that need severe drying. It does dry out your face in the area you put it on, so make sure to use a good moisturizer. Overall, it is well worth the money, it reduces redness and drys the pimple/shrinks it almost immediately. I saw a noticeable difference in just one day! I recommend this to anyone. :)

Popular Treatments (Face)