DermOrganic Sulfate-Free Conditioning Shampoo

4.2

Aqua/Eau/D.Water, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate(1), Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate(2), Decyl Glucoside, Cetearyl Glucoside, Methyl Gluceth-20, Infusion of Argan Oil & Sunflower Seed Extract & Grape Seed Extract & Rice Amino Acid & Sodium PCA & Panthenol & Tocopheral Acetate (Vitamin E), Glycereth-2 Cocoate/Benzoic Acid (natural preservative), Fragrance.

on 1/25/2013 8:54:00 PM

I love love love this sulfate free shampoo. It has great lather (especially for a sulfate free product), smells great, rinses clean and leaves my hair very shiny and soft. I always worried about using a sulfate free shampoo although I wanted to find one because I thought I would get no lather and my hair would not feel clean. However, DermOrganic has proven me wrong. I will continue to repurchase as long as this product is available!

FYI - The conditioner is great too. I use them together!

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

HOLY EFFING CRAP, MUA. This review is for both the shampoo and hydrating masque to save time. ***Please note: I am in no way affiliated with this company, nor do I have any vested interest in any hair care products other than as a consumer.***

RUN…don’t walk…RUN to get this stuff.

To start: I have relaxed, colored AND BKTed hair. I work out vigorously 5x a week , so I wash my hair 5x a week. I blow my hair dry 2-3x a week. As you can imagine, my hair is (WAS!) dry and fragile. I have been sulfate-free for some time now, with the exception of the times I relax and BKT my hair (You need the sulfates to get all the relaxer out of your hair and you need sulfates to clarify your hair before the BKT…obviously I do these things separately.)

I have tried SO MANY sulfate free shampoos and “moisturizing” conditioners. NONE- ABSOLUTELY NONE- have even come close to what the Hydrating Masque and shampoo from DermOrganic has done for me.

I tried the Masque first, on a whim. I was completely floored by the results. After blow drying my hair was buttery soft and silky feeling. I figured it was a fluke , but by later that night, when my hair felt just as amazing, I was convinced I had to go buy another bottle.

So the very next day off I went, and picked up the shampoo to go along with it. To be honest, I expected the shampoo to be mediocre. (It couldn’t possibly be as wonderful as the Masque…could it?) Well, I was WRONG.

The results with the two combined have been astounding. If you had told me about it in advance, I would not have believed you (but I would have tried it anyway, LOL).

So, the NEXT day I got the Spray Therapy. Amazing!
When I am finished with my Moroccan Oil I will be ordering the Leave In Treatment.

The ONLY possible downsides to these products are the following: One is the price. It’s not exorbitant, at least not compared to some luxury hair care items, but it’s not cheap. You know what? I don’t care. For hair this amazing, I will gladly pay the price ($36 for the liter of the Masque and $30 for the shampoo) for hair this healthy and shiny.

The other is the smell of the Leave-In-Treatment and the spray. It’s a bit “cherry cough syrup” but the scent, thankfully, does not last.

So, ladies with dry or chemically processed hair…GET ON IT. Just don’t buy them all or I will cry. 

on 1/6/2013 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I should've listened to the previous reviewer! This shampoo left my fine straight ish hair tangled and greasy looking! I was really hoping it would work as I'm now on a co wash kick for 2013! It made my fine hair shed a little less than sulfate shampoo but shed it did. Glad I got the 7 dollar bottle to try! I will use this to now shave my legs!! Or give it to my hubby!

on 1/4/2013 7:19:00 PM

After two weeks of this shampoo, daily conditioner, and leave-in serum, my normally fine, limp hair is as softer, stronger, shinier, and bouncier than in many years. I bought the trial size set on a lark at Ulta, just because I liked the mild smell of the shampoo. The texture is sort of creamy/whipped, and it's a little harder to lather than regulars shampoos but works up much better than most sulfate-free shampoos I've purchased. A few months ago I made several attempts a cowashing with various conditioners and all left my scalp a nasty mess after a few days. This is as gentle as a conditioner but Ive had no scalp issues. Some days I feel I need to lather twice, which is a really luxurious experience. I'll post reviews of the other products separately, but this has quickly become my favorite shampoo ever. Awesome stuff!

on 12/31/2012 11:05:00 PM

This is the very best shampoo I have ever really used. It conditions and continues to heal broken and damaged hair .It really does what it says.or claims to do. It is way better then pureology or any other sulfate free shampoos I have used in comparison so far.you also don't need to use much. It definetly works better when you use in conjunction with the masque and Aryan hair oil. But all on all the Best!

on 12/28/2012 1:55:00 AM

I bought this product because I read Minka Kelly uses it, and she has beautiful shiny hair! Also because it uses real Moroccan Argan oil, and isn't at the end of the ingredient list!

I didn't hold high hopes as most sulfate-free shampoo is usually hopeless at cleaning or getting through my thick hair.

It is a thick creamy consistency, like conditioner, It took a few pumps to get out enough for my hair. I was so pleasantly surprise at the lathering of this shampoo! It went through my hair wonderfully and it felt so clean afterwards!

This is HG status for me, I don't think I will ever use anything else, I feel like I've searched for this product my whole life, and I feel the same about the Masque and Leave In Treatment. Please do yourself a favour and try it!

on 12/20/2012 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

this stuff is AMAZING. a tiny quarter size pump is enough for my whole head (fine wavy hair down to my ribcage) i love the ingredients and how it makes my hair feel

on 11/20/2012 5:27:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I Have very processed platinum to ash blonde hair and I have always considered my hair to be dry until I tried the Dermorganic line. I love it. I use the whole system and my hair feels very clean and healthy after using. I could not recommend these products more.

on 11/2/2012 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is amazing shampoo. I love the rich lather, which is rare with a sulfate-free product. This left my hair very soft and full. I would definately buy this again.

on 10/16/2012 2:58:00 PM

This really makes my hair healthy and SHINY! I have gotten a TON of comments/compliments on my hair and majority of people think I have a wig on! They always ask if my hair is real or not and if I have extensions in. Nope! I just use the DermOrganic line! Naturally, I have pretty healthy hair from a combo of genetics, no heat styling, eating right, and generally taking good care of it. But this just BOOSTS the condition of it. I regret not finding it sooner! I use the shampoo, masque, and the oil. I like to try other products out and use other things but this is a staple in my routine. I can always count on DermOrganic. The line is also vegan, cruelty free, no artifical preservatives, paraben/propylene/glycol/sulfate/gluten free, and does not contain any sodium chloride (salt), MEA, DEA, or dyes! It also lasts a decent amount of time, too. I use the liters of the shampoo and masque that I got in a kit along with the oil, and they have lasted me 6 months and I still have a fourth of a bottle left. The kit was on clearance at TJ Maxx for 30 dollars, WHAT A STEAL! But if I only have to buy the liters twice a year, it is SO worth my hard earned money! For as long as they make this, I will be buying it. Can not say enough great things about this line.

Top Rated DermOrganic Products