December 19, 2014 | 1475 users online

Concealers - L.A. Girl - PRO Conceal HD Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 5:44:00 AM More reviews by chrissadonner

I really dont get half the reviewers on here stating that this is a dupe for MAC's Prolongwear, but to each his own I guess. The shade selection is a big plus on this concealer, with about 18 shades available. I've seen some reviewers with paler skin tones state that these concealers are not very accommodating to lighter skin, which may be a downside. A definite upside is the price which ranges from $1.99 to $2.99 depending on where you buy it. This concealer is very lightweight and creamy, blends nicely and sets to a semi-matte finish. The coverage is decent and it is definitely a buildable product. No detectable scent and the packaging is nice which includes a squeeze tube and a brush tip applicator (some may find this unhygenic) The staying power of the actual product is about 3-4 hours when set with a powder. Overall a good concealer, however not bought on the lasting power, but will be used on days where I dont require heavy coverage/a longer lasting formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by sherry628

I just got my order in from CherrylCulture.com (which I only ordered a week ago!) and was so excited to try out these concealers based on the reviewes on MUA. And I have to agree...these are great concealers. I am between NC30-NC35 and use the Pure Beige (probably could go a shade lighter) for under the eyes and then a mixture of Medium Beige and Warm Sand or Almond to get my perfect shade to cover my old acne blemishes. The price was ridiciously cheap on the site and with their additional 20% off (December 2013), you'd be crazy not to pick a few up!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 8:32:00 AM More reviews by muchi090

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Amazing concealer great price. It's looks natural and it is easy to blend not heavy . I usto use Mac studio finish nc42 and I looked dead in person but amazing in photos. This bothered me so I looked for something better. Thank God I did . This concealer is only 1.99 on ikatehouse.com so I decided to buy all . For my face color I am the color fawn for my highlight I am warm honey for everyday and cool tan for more drastic . Warm honey and cool tan are dupes for Mac nc42. For my contour I use dark coCoa . I can't stop raving on how natural these concealers look on my face in photos and in real person! Please try them you won't regret it . Now I want to play with the concealers and see what I can get I will b mixing creamy beige with fawn or warm honey to see my result !

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Vonnity

The coverage is wonderful and I love that it doesn't cake but the shade selection is just too limited, leaning towards the darker skin tones. I bought the one in Pure Beige because it was the lightest shade I could find with a yellow undertone. I've only seen 2 shades available in Singapore so far in BHG and Sasa.

Unfortunately, it's still too dark. Everything else about this product is great though, especially for the affordable price! Not too sure if I broke out from this being too thick because I used it when I was on holiday, also a few weeks prior to trip before I decided to put it away and accept the fact that it's too dark for me. xD I would DEFINITELY buy this if they had shades for lighter skin tones.

*UPDATE*
I found someone who was selling the shade, Natural, and immediately snatched it up. It is either the 2nd or 3rd lightest shade in the entire line. Has a pink undertone which isn't the best match for me but it is more suitable than Pure Beige. I use it mostly under my eyes, then go over with foundation/another concealer closer to my shade but with less coverage. Works really well. Still wish they'd make lighter shades. Maybe creamy beige will be a better match. #stillhopeful

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by soundsofepip

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This HD concealer is a dupe for MAC Pro Long wear. I use this to spot correct blemishes and dark spots on which it does a wonderful job. I bought the Warm Honey and I have the next color range. The price points are unbelievable, this concealer gives great coverage for the face and blends well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by austere

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These concealers are incredible especially at such a low price point.They are terrific value for money, thick enough to do the job and last all day on the skin. I've not experienced any irritation either.

As I could only purchase these online, the only issue I had was trying to figure out the correct shades to buy. After some trial and error, I now use 4 colours-Creamy Beige, Pure Beige, Cool Tan and Beautiful Bronze.

I am an NC42 and found that Cool tan is the closest match to my skin tone -I use it everyday for brows, undereyes and any pimples/blemishes. For a subtle highlight, I like Pure Beige. Creamy Beige is very light on it's own but I mix it with Pure Beige for more dramatic highlighting. I purchased Beautiful Bronze for contouring.

I've been using these for the past year and overall I'm very satisfied and have never felt the urge to use anything else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As others have said, this really is a wonderful concealer! It's super-blendable and gives great coverage that lasts.

For Reference: NC50: Fawn and Beautiful Bronze have yellowish undertones.

However, Toffee and Toast have pronounced red undertones.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by iceboi

Wow! This product is High Holy Grail!! I purchased mine from ikatehouse which was $2.99 + Shipping which wasnt bad to Canada. Unfortunately i no longer see it on sale there maybe someone hoarded them out cause it is AMAZING!! I am MAC NC 30 asian skin tone and let me say that majority of types lean to pink undertone or dark undertone. Concealer is perfect for women of color because of the color selection. I purchased the first 4 lighter colors. I definetly thought Creamy Beige would be my color but it was too light! Pure beige was the closest match to me but it was a tad dark so NC 30-35 would definetly like this color. Its an EXACT DUPE to MAC Prolong wear! I really like the packaging and how you can squeeze every last product out unlike MAC and the value is definetly affordable heres my points:

PROS:
-CHEAP Affordable (Ikatehouse $2.99)
-Exact dupe of MAC Prolong wear concealer
-Its highly pigmented covers acne and acne scars very well
-Its a bit thick which is good because it means full coverage
-comes in a squeezable tube which means you will use every last drop.
-Excellent Packaging. Light and easy to carry around!
-Great long lasting coverage and no SPF so no white cast

CONS:
-Poor Colour selection for lighter skin tones
-Selection leans more on the pink undertone
-You can do without the brush attachment which is unhygienic.
-Can break you out because of the thick consistency which blocks pores and lead to pimples.
-Not easy to find
-Upon reading the ingredient list which is comparable to MAC it is MADE IN CHINA
(I question the quality and ingredients)

There you have it. I would definitely purchase this again but only having 2 tubes of Pure Beige i do not see myself repurchasing because im already loving my MAC stuff and would stick to them because their product is Made in Belgium where as Made in China i question the ingredients. I would definitely say that you should check it out because it is cheaper than MAC and coverage is Amazing but for now i will be sticking for MAC and will only turn to this if ever MAC decides to discontinue the Prolong Wear Line.

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This great concealer that is also very affordable. I stumbled upon this on display because of the colour selection. The colour selection is very good given that it is a drugstore brand. In fact it may better than Revlon, Maybelline and CoverGirl.

I have the shade in "Warm honey" and it is a very good match for me. It has a great yellow undertone and it does not have too much red in it. For darker skin the red may look a bit ashy. I like this on top of NYX's Concealer in a Jar in "Tan" for full coverage. But this product is great by itself too. When applied, I like how it dries and adhere to the skin.

What I don't care for with this product is the packaging. The squeeze tube is convenient but when air gets in the package the product splatters when next you use it. Also the product seems to separate in the package too. Sometimes just a clear liquid would come out when you try to squeeze the product out.

But for the price I really can't complain. I think this may be the best concealer in its price range and that is something to definitely rave about.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 6:19:00 AM More reviews by MsLeahTurner

OMG! Just found my holy grail drugstore priced concealer! Its definitely a dupe for my NW35 MAC pro long wear concealer I use the color cool tan but I ordered two more warm beige and warm honey! I didn't want to use my pro long wear everyday but I love that concealer so I have been on a hunt for a dupe this concealer is a dream come true for the price! The cheapest online site is ikatehouse.com they are 1.99 plus shipping is 2.95 so for one it comes put to 4.95 I believe! I'm like don't know what to say except that is so good it really phase me speechless! I know use this for everyday and my Mac pro long wear and the LA girl concealer on top of it for special occasions! I can't wait until the next two come in tomorrow. I haven't been able to find these at my local bss but I ha e one more to check to see if they have it! I'm so in love even if you don't like it at least its cheap! Go get you some girls this stuff is super duper fabulous I cannot rave enough!