August 2, 2014 | 1088 users online

Concealers - L.A. Girl - Pro conceal HD concealer

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 4:55:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My personal obsession and reading the positive reviews on this concealer enticed me into buying it. Sadly not a product I could locate in Canada, but thankfully able to purchase it on eBay for under $5. For my fair complexion (MAC NC15) I bought the lightest shade available, classic ivory, which works well with my complexion. The packaging is the good old tube with the unhygienic and scratchy bristles. Immediately before using I sniped those annoying bristles off, seriously don't comprehend why make-up companies need to include them. The shade itself is a pale ivory with a salmon-pink undertone which does a great job of neutralizing and brightening the under eye area for me. The texture is quite thick, pigmentation in good and delivers around medium coverage with a slight satin sheen. A few deal breakers for me to love this concealer and be able to repurchase are the finish and constant creasing. This product is very tacky to the touch and never sets. Applying even the smallest amount of any powder to set it turns this concealer into a gooey cakey mess instantly. If I choose not to set this concealer to avoid that issue then all day long this product migrates into fine lines and creases horribly. Overall not a product that meets my needs and will go into my disappointed concealer collection.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by reksiandari

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have to agree with other reviewers that this concealer does not cover under eye circles very well, BUT it makes them so, so less noticeable. I have really dark circles that shows through my tan skin, they make me look like a tan zombie.

Bought this in Pure Beige. I wore this for 13 hours (with so much sweat and oil going on my face), and I can still see that my under eye area is still bright! So for the price, this is VERY good. I use it everyday.

I will buy this again just because this does a decent job at brightening dark circles and comes quite cheap.

I tried to conceal my red acne scars, and this does not cover them well (or did I not use it enough?).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by uwauwa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Please can I get this concealer in the United Kingdom,because I have been seeing good reviews about the concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2012 7:51:00 AM More reviews by midfallgrace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

after reading reviews on this concealer i ordered it from ebay in 'classic ivory'. i'm pretty pale, i have severe undereye bags and blue-purple circles. i use it after bourjois healthy mix serum foundation. it doesn't conceal blue circles, it only makes them look less obvious. my face definitely looks more fresh with this concealer. the brush is super useful. i just wish the concealer was a bit thicker, maybe it would conceal my circles better. anyway i'll buy iy again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by sweetascocoa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This concealer is the BIZNESS!!!!! I found this at a beauty supply store (a hair/wig/hair product store) and I"m soooo glad I picked it up. I actually got like 4 of them (in different shades because I didn't know which color to get).
This concealer (I used Fawn- I'm a NC50 and Fawn is about 2-3 shades lighter than me) is perfect for my undereye concealer- it makes me GLOW. It doesn't crease, it covers well, and it just brightens my face. I'm going to use it on my forehead and the bridge of my nose also, to highlight my face.
This concealer is way better than my MAC Select Cover and Pro long wear, for the undereye area. I"m not sure how well the LA Girls works for use on other parts of my face to conceal, because I haven't tried it yet. As soon as I find a color to match my skin, I'm going to try. This was a very, very good find for me.
***UPDATE***
Not loving this so much anymore. It photographs horribly. It gives off the white cast raccoon look with flash photography. So, now these concealers just sit in my stash I"m back to using MAC Pro Longwear and Select Cover concealers.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by godpsent

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

So yeah, I'm feeling this concealer. It was $3!!! And so far I do not see a remarkable difference between it and my MAC Pro Longwear concealer. I think, possibly, I could get away with not setting the MAC Pro Longwear on my oily skin. I do need to set with the L.A. Girls. But for 3 bucks, I am happy to set it! And after I set it, it is good without a powder touch up for about 6 hours in a mildly humid atmosphere. I like it under my eyes and I like it to even me out on the rest of my face. I just cannot believe this little BSS three
dollar holler!!! And it has an attached brush which is nice.

12-19-12 EDIT: Don't love this anymore. It gets watery, then you end up having to squeeze out more product to get past the water. Also, it doesn't wear as well the older it gets either. So, if you are in a pinch, it's okay. But, I'm not so psyched anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by pinkeyey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer! I found it by accident while vacationing in singapore and have not seen it anywhere else. The Pure Beige color matches my skin exactly! It's thick enough to cover (most) of my dark brownish eye cicles, but it's not too cakey. (on days when the circles are darker than usual, i have to use a corrector or lighter concealer first). i can also use it to dab over my acne scars. The applicator is a brush, so i can dab it directly on the spot. The only complaint i have is the squeeze tube... I never manage to sqeeze the correct amount out (sometimes too much, sometimes too little). I like the small tube cuz i can carry it in any small purse.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by evalovespipa

SO GOOD especially for the price. The salmon colour corrects my dark (and i mean very very dark) under-eye circles. I have tried benefits erase paste, two faced concealer, mac concealers and this little beauty is better than all of them.
i do layer quite a bit of product and avoid going all the way up to my eye to avoid the product settling into fine lines. I set with mac studio fix powder or urban decay mattifying powder.
Best one out there, use it every day, has lasted me over a year on one tube, will repurchase.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2012 5:45:00 AM More reviews by cocorocha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

amazing,amazing, hardworkin', industrial strenght concealer that glides like butter...I just adore stumbling upon very cheap, yet effective products such as this one...it is a big tube (8 gr.) od fantastic creamy camouflage concealer that is perfect for the undereye area....the only thing you have to be careful about are-shades...
Ivory is pretty pale, I mean it is almost white, Natural is a bit darker but also light and Nude is way to dark for me (thing is it is ideal to buy couple of them and mix them according to your specific needs)...
it covers everything,has an integrated little brush which is very helpfull(thoug I spread it later with my fingers under the eyes), doesn't smell weird or awful, it is very creamy but thick, and it doesn't makes lines more visible....
it is not greasy at all... and the price...omg, the price is under 5$...I assume in USA you can get it for less (watched it on the Youtube)...
people are very satisfied with this stuff and so am I....
better than M.A.C, B.Brown and even my favourite creamy one-ArtDeco camouflage!!
stock up people, stock up!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 9:01:00 AM More reviews by lemonshake

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This concealer is the best that I have used so far. I live in a hot and humid country (Singapore) and no cream or liquid concealer has ever stayed on all day but this one does!

Such a creamy consistency and full coverage it does NOT settle into lines and never creases, The undertones are great and I like that it comes in so many shades. I have the warm honey which has a warm undertone and is great for my under eyes. It looks so natural that it makes me look like i have no dark circles and I get shocked every time I remove it and then see my dark circles and how well it covers it.

It feels so light and comfortable even under the hottest condition outdoors. I love it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No