April 20, 2014 | 1740 users online

Foundations - Too Faced - Amazing Face Oil Free Close-Up Coverage

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by D0nut5

I love this foundation....the first one I have tried and i think it feels amaziing.
In mac the professional says i should be around a nc20 so i pick this up in perfect nude at Ulta cosmetics....Price at $36 which i think is pertty reasonable for a high end brand....Feels great not heavy at all....blended in well...feels like your not wearing a foundation at all....buildable coverage..

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Loopachu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was excited about this foundation, but it's definitely suited for the warm-complected. It makes me look sallow and kind of sick.
That said, the coverage is good and it blended easily with just my fingers. The finish was kind of dewy without powder. If you have yellow undertones give this a try. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by muffingrl

I bought this foundation while I was running out of my NARS Sheer Glow and I wanted to try something new. I spied this at Sephora and was drawn to the retro glass bottle. I am a MAC NC20-25/NARS SG Fiji and I purchased this in Perfect Nude, which is the third lightest shade. Unfortunately, the color selection on this foundation is very limited, there are only about 8 shades and the darkest shade seems to be no darker than an NC37-40, they are also predominantly yellow-toned.
Now, on the to product itself! This foundation does not come with a pump and it has a rather runny texture so it doesn't dispense as easily as i would like. I use a flat top buffer brush such as the Sigma F80 or ELF power brush to apply this in thin layers. With the first layer, I get a light-medium coverage with a natural satin sheen. With the second layer, I get a solid medium coverage with the same beautiful satin finish. I suppose I could keep building the foundation up, but I have relatively good skin and medium coverage is good enough for me. I did set it with a light layer of translucent powder because of my oily skin. On an average day, this foundation lasts about 6 hours on me without looking shiny or faded. I simply buff in some MAC MSF in Medium to touch up during the day and I'm set for another 2-3 hours. This also has no SPF in it so I prefer to use it as a night-out foundation, if I wear it in the day I will definitely layer over SPF.
All in all, this is a great foundation and I will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by desertrose08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you're not acne prone...run out and get this foundation. I absolutely loved it, before it broke me out. I would apply it with my hands with no primer, no moisturizer, and it still managed to look almost flawless. I've always heard of foundations that you only need to use a pea size amount for your whole face but this is the first that I've actually seen deliver. The coverage is medium to full, but don't judge the coverage based on when you first apply it. For some reason I found that if I waited a minute after applying it, it would set and cover all my imperfections. Another thing is that this stuff lasted all day. I'm so accustomed to applying foundation in the morning and coming home after school to discover it had all melted away. This is the first foundation I've tried that didn't do that. Other than the fact that it regretfully broke me out, the only other thing I didn't like was that because it was so long lasting, it was slightly difficult to remove. With regard to the packaging, it would be nice if it had a pump.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Zhariel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skintone is extremely fair and I typically need a neutral or slightly warm foundation to work with my skintone. This liquid foundation is light to medium coverage on me. I feel like it does an amazing job of matching my skintone. It definitely seems to smooth out imperfections in my skin. It lasts all day on me, though I tend to always use a face primer, which increases the longevity of my foundations since I have a slightly oily t-zone. I apply it by dotting it on my nose, cheeks, chin, forehead, and then blending it out with my fingers. Then I use a duofiber brush to blend it out the rest of the way. This is my favorite liquid foundation that I've tried and I will definitely purchase again. I do think the packaging is cute, though i would prefer a pump. This really works for me and I feel like Too Faced did a great job with this liquid foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2011 10:13:00 AM More reviews by bmiller107

I agree with the previous posters that the foundation is very yellow. As a melasma sufferer, however, the yellow in the foundation seems to work to cover the areas where my skin is darker.
The foundation leaves my skin looking flawless. I took 1 point off for packaging though because the bottle top doesn't seal on tight allowing some makeup to leak out when you close it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2011 9:34:00 AM More reviews by xosugar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was so excited for this line to come out. I'm a fan of Too Faced eyeshadows and blushes but their foundations were all too dark/yellow based for me. This new line has the same problem. This will not work on anybody with pink undertones or very fair skin. Even the lightest shade was too dark and the colors run warm.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by gwenec

LOVE this foundation!

Pros:
Amazing (true to the name), natural coverage
Looks like *my* skin, very fresh
Feels like I'm not wearing foundation
Cute bottle
Easy to find at my local Ulta & Sephora
Holds up all day and maintains finish - never looks splotchy or cakey on my skin
Makes my complexion look perfect

Cons:
No pump
Light to medium coverage - definitely not for anyone looking for a full coverage foundation
Color selection - limited

I really have tried them all - high end to drugstore and so far this is my absolute favorite of all as an everyday into special occasion foundation. This is the first Too Faced product I've tried but when a friend raved about it I thought I would give it a go. I apply it with my fingers and over a primer (currently Hard Candy) but I think a brush would work as well. Even though my almost-40 skin has larger pores in areas and some wrinkles, this foundation made my skin look flawless, youthful, and natural.

This is definitely not the foundation for you if you want a really "made-up" look or need to cover a lot of redness, pimples, or scarring.

I bought it in warm vanilla but it is just a tad too dark for my pale, wintertime skin. I may purchase the vanilla creme as well to mix and get a better match.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by nikkohli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I tried this as a very generous sample. I was really looking forward to this as a medium coverage foundation but it did not work. It felt greasy going on and the coverage was less than what I get from a tinted moisturizer. I am NC25, oily and tried the shade Warm Vanilla. Also, after about 4 hours it seemed to have worn off--my skintone looked uneven.

I used it for about 5 days with a primer and TF poreless setting powder. I applied it with a foundation brush, a wet sponge and my fingers. Nothing really increased the coverage--like another reviewer wrote, maybe I could "build it", but I feel like that just ends up with a cakey mask of makeup. Also, it never seem to set. It had a wet finish. Not dewey, not glowing, but wet-looking.

This might work for normal skinned people with little need for coverage but for me it just was pretty blah. I got more coverage from my CG Smoothers TM.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2011 8:39:00 AM More reviews by trayw86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I usually hate liquid foundations and have only just converted from using mineral powder foundations to liquid foundation (I tried so many liquid foundations in my search, they all just caked in my pores enhancing them,i was about to give up until i found this).my skin type is oily with extremely large pores and very acne prone as well as very sensitive. this is the best foundation i have EVER used, it blurs my pores (although not completely on its own) and doesn't settle in them like most foundations, its staying power is 10/10 (I used a primer first as my skin is so oily i skip moisturiser and just use a primer, then i applied a small amount of the primed and poreless powder BEFORE foundation, then applied the foundation with fingertips then removed any excess with a makeup sponge, then applied primed and poreless powder again to set the foundation). The foundation makes my skin look bright and refreshed even when I feel like death from lack of sleep and working all day, it also doesn't age me like the mineral powder foundation was doing, and I found it had far better coverage then mineral foundation (and after all the other liquid foundations i used i'd say the coverage is between medium to full, i had new pigmentation marks from recent blemishes and this hid them enough i didn't bother with concealer, i just blotted a little extra of the foundation on the marks then blended.). My skin didn't break out either nor did it flare up with a rash. This is simply the best stuff ever for me! (so p.s. im not misleading or following the crowd, if this was crap i'd leave a bad review,this just happened to work for me)
UPDATE: Ok been using this for a while now and have bumped the rating down a bit (when I first found it obviously I thought it was like 'da bomb' lol), this still is the best foundation I have found so far, but I'm on the search for my HG and this isn't it only for two reasons, this stuff blurs my pores a little bit but not as much as I'd like, and also this isn't a perfect match for my colouring, whilst I got this in the lightest colour (I am quite pale) the colour of this foundation is very yellow.