Too Faced Amazing Face Oil Free Close-Up Coverage

3.9

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Propylene Carbonate, Phytantriol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oleanolic Acid, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Nylon-12 Fluorescent Brightener 230 Salt, Polyvinylalcohol Crosspolymer, Polysilicone-11, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, Aminobutyric Acid, Barium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Benzoate, Mica. May Contain/Peut Contenir/( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 4/26/2011 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I started off loving this product. Coverage was medium but truly buildable. I found I didn't need to use concealer w this foundation bc it covered my hyperpigmentation just fine. Although it says oil free it does feel oily going on the skin, and it also made me very oily after just 3 hrs. I found myself blotting and using powder 2 to 3 times a day which is more than w my bobbi foundation. I though I could deal w this bc of the amazing coverage and the color match, however 4 days into using the foundation it broke me out, like bad. I only get acne around that time of the month, but found myself w 2 breakouts days after using this foundation. So I'll be switching back to my bobbi brown which didn't make me break out at all. Its sad cuz I really loved this foundation and would recommend to anyone who isn't ance prone.

on 4/22/2011 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For those with yellow undertones who want light, natural looking coverage, this foundation rocks. It blends really well and looks so natural. I have very sensitive, acne-prone skin and it has not caused any breakouts for me. I do wish that it came in a pump or squeeze bottle instead of one that pours, but Too Faced packaging is always very cute,
I apply with a foundation brush and wash it clean every morning with antibacterial Dawn. You could apply this as light or heavy as you want. Love this foundation.

on 4/9/2011 9:35:00 AM

I am on the look out for a good "evening out" foundation. I used Laura Mercier foundation powder (no.3) for the longest time...but wanted a liquid for a more natural look, rather than powder's airbrushed full coverage look...the LM oil free liquid foundation is crap.

After numerous liquid foundation trials; Clinique, Bobbi Brown, Mac..

Too Faced, is fitting the bill...the Warm Vanilla, is a perfect match..for my fair..yellow toned skin. Good consistency, drys nicely...over an spf ..or primer. It does what it says...nice poreless finish and build-able coverage..no need for concealer (covers hyperpigmentation).

It has a lot of ingredients.. most of them, I cant pronounce and dont appear on the zerozits.com acne ingredient list. That being said, I would not wear this every day. On a daily basis, I use RMS uncover followed by aubrey organics translucent powder (p.beige) .

I just started using this, so I will update if there are any breakouts or irritations.

on 4/3/2011 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this foundation! I would definitely say it's a medium coverage foundation, as a lot of people have said, and it's definitely buildable. I went in looking for something not quite as heavy as the MUFE HD, and the MUA suggested this, which I love her for!
The color selection isn't that great on this line, they all run yellow, which is lucky for me! I'm about a NC25 in MAC, and the Perfect Nude color matches pretty well. The consistency I think is close to the Neutrogena Healthy Skin, maybe just a bit heavier, but I don't think by much.
I love that it's oil free, it helps me with shine! I go to school in south Florida, so it's the beginning of April and already 85 degrees outside, so by the time I walk to class my face is oily. I can feel the oil, but don't see the shine in a mirror, if that makes sense. Once the humidity starts jumping back up for summer I'll probably switch back over to my Laura Mercier powder foundation during the day to help control oil.
All in all I love this foundation, and find it perfect for what I was looking for! Do wish it came with a pump though, like we all wish all bottles came with! The packaging is cute though!

on 3/28/2011 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok.I'll cut to the chase and let you know all the foundations I have tried just recently. But a little background first. I am a self proclaimed product junkie and I have never bought a foundation more than once ( with the exception of shisedo 42 SPF liquid which I loved but the color choice in their line never worked for my tone) anyhow, in the last 8 months or so I have tried the following liquid foundations; Chanel ( every single one, including the new vitalumiere aqua) the same with Dior, Sisley oil free, la Prarie, sephora ( the new oil free full coverage, sorry I don't know all the exact names) Laura mercer oil free and silk creme (I used to use the TM but found it to be too oily) Nars sheer glow and sheer matte, lorac oil free , MUFE, stila, hourglass , estee lauder DW, DW light, futurist, maximum coverage, American beauty oil free foundation all MAC founndations ( the only one I remotely liked was pro lower but it was not very blend able and caused me to break out) I'm sure there are a few I am forgetting.
I have to say too faced oil free is closest in my opinion to EL double wear and DW light but much better in terms of feel and texture. It has the same finish and oil absorbing properties but feels so light like I have nothing on my skin. I loved DW but it clogged my pored horribly and after several hours of wearing it I looked as if my pored were stretched out.....bottom-line, if you are a DW fan and habe oily skin, you
will love this foundation. I have oily skin, large pored, mild acne, melanoma and this took care of all my flaws and left my skin looking pore less, natural and flawless....love, love love

on 3/23/2011 5:30:00 PM

I love this foundation....the first one I have tried and i think it feels amaziing.
In mac the professional says i should be around a nc20 so i pick this up in perfect nude at Ulta cosmetics....Price at $36 which i think is pertty reasonable for a high end brand....Feels great not heavy at all....blended in well...feels like your not wearing a foundation at all....buildable coverage..

on 3/23/2011 1:58:00 PM

I was excited about this foundation, but it's definitely suited for the warm-complected. It makes me look sallow and kind of sick.
That said, the coverage is good and it blended easily with just my fingers. The finish was kind of dewy without powder. If you have yellow undertones give this a try. :)

on 3/23/2011 2:27:00 AM

I bought this foundation while I was running out of my NARS Sheer Glow and I wanted to try something new. I spied this at Sephora and was drawn to the retro glass bottle. I am a MAC NC20-25/NARS SG Fiji and I purchased this in Perfect Nude, which is the third lightest shade. Unfortunately, the color selection on this foundation is very limited, there are only about 8 shades and the darkest shade seems to be no darker than an NC37-40, they are also predominantly yellow-toned.
Now, on the to product itself! This foundation does not come with a pump and it has a rather runny texture so it doesn't dispense as easily as i would like. I use a flat top buffer brush such as the Sigma F80 or ELF power brush to apply this in thin layers. With the first layer, I get a light-medium coverage with a natural satin sheen. With the second layer, I get a solid medium coverage with the same beautiful satin finish. I suppose I could keep building the foundation up, but I have relatively good skin and medium coverage is good enough for me. I did set it with a light layer of translucent powder because of my oily skin. On an average day, this foundation lasts about 6 hours on me without looking shiny or faded. I simply buff in some MAC MSF in Medium to touch up during the day and I'm set for another 2-3 hours. This also has no SPF in it so I prefer to use it as a night-out foundation, if I wear it in the day I will definitely layer over SPF.
All in all, this is a great foundation and I will definitely repurchase.

on 3/23/2011 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

If you're not acne prone...run out and get this foundation. I absolutely loved it, before it broke me out. I would apply it with my hands with no primer, no moisturizer, and it still managed to look almost flawless. I've always heard of foundations that you only need to use a pea size amount for your whole face but this is the first that I've actually seen deliver. The coverage is medium to full, but don't judge the coverage based on when you first apply it. For some reason I found that if I waited a minute after applying it, it would set and cover all my imperfections. Another thing is that this stuff lasted all day. I'm so accustomed to applying foundation in the morning and coming home after school to discover it had all melted away. This is the first foundation I've tried that didn't do that. Other than the fact that it regretfully broke me out, the only other thing I didn't like was that because it was so long lasting, it was slightly difficult to remove. With regard to the packaging, it would be nice if it had a pump.

on 3/18/2011 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My skintone is extremely fair and I typically need a neutral or slightly warm foundation to work with my skintone. This liquid foundation is light to medium coverage on me. I feel like it does an amazing job of matching my skintone. It definitely seems to smooth out imperfections in my skin. It lasts all day on me, though I tend to always use a face primer, which increases the longevity of my foundations since I have a slightly oily t-zone. I apply it by dotting it on my nose, cheeks, chin, forehead, and then blending it out with my fingers. Then I use a duofiber brush to blend it out the rest of the way. This is my favorite liquid foundation that I've tried and I will definitely purchase again. I do think the packaging is cute, though i would prefer a pump. This really works for me and I feel like Too Faced did a great job with this liquid foundation.