Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme

3.9

on 10/19/2012 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This mascara is about as good as any but nothing exceptional. Pros - its quite black, leaves the lashes fairly soft, and doesnt flake at all. It doesn't clump much, even with multiple coats. Cons - the applicator brush is pretty big and awkward so not the easiest mascara to use. It also doesn't hold a curl in the lashes, and although it adds some volume, it not enough to justify the high price. I wouldn't repurchase.

on 10/15/2012 8:37:00 AM

Probably worth two "lippies" but I gave it one considering the nerve Estee Lauder have slapping such a high price on this. The huge brush is clumsy, makes it difficult to coat smaller lashes in corners and you'll get mascara all over your eyelids with this. When removing this in the shower, I've never felt such pain and stinging in my life. It felt like battery acid got in my eyes, and I don't think I'm comfortable with having something that potent 2mm away from my eye balls. Lucky I only got a trial size tube as a free gift from a department store. Bad product!

on 9/29/2012 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have it in black. I love the fact that i dont need to wait and coat again. In the mornings quick flick allover lashes coats them nicely and they look thicker, longer and blacker all day. The best mascara ive used sofar.
Pricey at 32 Euros but packaging is quite nice. Will buy again.

on 8/4/2012 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this. It makes the lashes look amazing, long, with a nice curl, but never clumpy. The colour is a nice, deep black and it isn't scented too strongly.

The brush is quite big and tapered and adds a lot of volume to the lashes. With the tapered end you can reach the smaller lashes in the corner of the eyes more easily.

Personally I love the fact that you can remove this mascara with warm water only. So you don't have to scrub at you eye area to get the mascara off. I do not have very oily lids, but it never smears, nor flakes. And the lashes still feel soft after application.

But the thing I love the most about it, is that it has made my lashes stronger over the last 5 months of use (that's how long I've been using it every day so far-first tube). I guess because it does contain much better ingredients than the average drugstore mascara.

Definetely will repurchase.

on 6/19/2012 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

i got this GWP and im not sure the full size price. this mascara is good for thickening, and i like putting it over lancome doll lashes. it can smear on your eyelid and below your lower lashes which is a huge con.

on 5/10/2012 11:32:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I am quite surprised by the bad reviews. I bought this mascara few days ago and didn't like it at first after applying one coat, but then I thought maybe it's my technique. So I applied few more layers, after the first one dried down. and it turned out absolutely gorgeous, best false lash effect I have ever experienced with mascaras, even though It took me a bit longer to apply, rather than usual.

on 5/5/2012 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

As a big fan of the normal sumptuous, I had very high hopes for this mascara. But I don't think it really does anything special. I was happier with a drying out Elizabeth Arden one, to be honest. It hardly makes my lashes noticeable, and if I try to put more on it clumps and I end up with about three lashes. Smudges under my eyes and totally gives them a reaction if it gets on the waterline, which no other mascara has ever done. Definetely won't be repurchasing, it's not worth the extra at all.

on 4/23/2012 11:42:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I have this in Violet, which is more like a vivid blue. It is very easy to apply, has a large brush but is still easy to reach the corner lashes. Does not flake & last all day, still keeping lashes soft. Also it is easy to remove.

on 4/12/2012 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love mascaras but im not exactly in love with it...i like it. If you want a product to get the job done then buyy this but there really isnt a wow factor.I like how the mascara is thick and you can build on it.It gives fuller longer lashes but clumps alot. I go in with about 2 other mascaras to perfect it.Its hella expensive, i bought it cause i has a macy's card. I'have seen youtube videos on the falsies which i do want to try later.if it gets in your eye it sucks cause it irratates your eyes with a passion. You can sleep on it over night and when washing it off.....ohhh man it double sucks. If it gets on your skin it hard to rub or wash off your skin.And when you cry all of your lashes combind and make spikes and just doesnt look pretty. If an ok mascara, liike i said gets the job done but i like heavy mascara.

on 4/8/2012 12:55:00 PM

Excellent. At the moment this is my fave mascara, I've bought it about 3 times. It's deep black & gives great length & volume, it's easy to build up without clumping. People often comment on my eye lashes when I use this which is really nice :-)