April 17, 2014 | 1950 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Sumptuous Extreme

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2012 7:49:00 AM More reviews by perfumedlife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Reading negative reviews about this product made me want to write a review about it.
First of all this is a mascara that works only if your lashes are a bit long if you have short lashes then this product is not for you.
On the other hand if you have longer lashes then this product can make a difference.
You will have to be careful when applying because clumps can occur by the way you apply mascara also the brush is very long and thick so you'll have to be careful and light handed when applying to the lower lashes otherwise you'll end up with mascara under your eyes.
Three coats of this mascara can have almost a fake lash effect.
Yesterday after i finished my makeup and because i wear fake lashes sometimes my mother said : oh you always put them so nice it's like your own ones. And i wasn't have any fake ones. I had used this mascara only.
Conclusion: every wond has it's tricks if you master this wond you will be addicted with this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by mlgibson494

I have used several Estee Lauder products. And the girls on the counter are awesome. This mascara though? Is not. No difference in my lashes except a small bit of length and color. My boyfriend didn't even notice a differance when I compared with mascara and without. It does define well though. I'll never buy it again, not worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by ElTC

I have long and thick eyelashes and usually whichever mascara I buy, it works. I've bought some high end mascaras in the past (Chanel, Dior) and inexpensive ones (L'oreal and Maybelline are my favorites).

I've also used Estee Lauder More than mascara and loved it.

Sumptuous extreme is the first mascara I actually hate (I choose my words carefully here). My eyelashes get clumped and I don't notice any changes in length/volume. After an hour, they "collapse" and look flat (even though I use eyelash curler). It doesn't mater whether I use one or two coats, it just doesn't do it for me.

I'm glad this was a free sample otherwise I'd be returning it. I'm not likely to ever purchase this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 2:38:00 AM More reviews by iqaganda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was supposed to be a PERFECT mascara for me if it wasn't for two things.

First off, I love how big difference you can see with this mascara in just one coat! By the way, I always, always, ALWAYS use mascara primer ever since so you better take note of that. I love the packaging, the gold blingy packaging is awesome, the brush might be a little bit big but I love the way it goes from a very big brush end going to a thin tip. In that way, it goes all the way to the very tip of my lashes and I can cover with mascara those hard to reach areas of my eye lashes.

What puts me off? The way it scares the hell out of me whenever I put the second coating. I have long lashes and whenever I put more than one coating of this, it has a slight tendency of clumping, looking heavy and a slight tendency of sticking together.

Secondly, I believe Sumptuous Extreme is only available in USA or western countries. Not definitely in Hong Kong which is a real boo hoo for me. I tend to pass on a product even though how good the product is since I don't want to get a whole lot of trouble of getting it just because it is good. I believe in getting other alternative brands which are available locally. So I guess, Sumptuous Extreme is a PASS for me since it's not available locally, unfortunately. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Whooaaitsjess

I cannot believe this doesnt have a perfect rating! I think I have tried every mascara on the market that claims to have a fasle eye lash look and I always end up kicking myself for wasting my money! This is best Mascara EVER!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by marthapie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you want a volumising mascara, look no further than Sumptuous Extreme!!

Seriously, I had been looking for a mascara that would give me a false lash effect for so long, and so many products claim this and have not delivered! With two coats of this mascara my lashes are thick and volumised to perfection. If you want a natural look then this is not the product for you, even one coat is pretty dramatic but you do need at least two coats if the false lash effect is what you're after. I sometimes put three coats because I'm crazy about thick lashes :)

The brush is massive so you do have to be careful not to smudge, thats the only downside I guess but I don't really see it as a downside as I quite like the large brush.

The packaging is gorgeous, it looks really classy with a shiny gold exterior.

It's on the pricier side but totally worth it, and lasts ages. I've had it two months and wear it every day and it's still going strong.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 8:36:00 AM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am actually stunned to see that this mascara doesn't have 100% 5/5 ratings.
I love this mascara. I have longish lashes but I just love to have thick, bold and dramatic lashes. That being said, alot of mascaras that claim to add volume and length to lashes actually just create a real mess, I hate that.
This mascara here delivers... separates the lashes, defines them, leaves my lashes thick, long and very dark.
I would compare it too the dior show blackout.
I probably will purchase again
Edit: i was about to repurchase only to discover the 'shocking' version of this... Wow i have found my dream mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by sherbearx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara. Let me start by saying I have long, dark and thick lashes already, so I tend to look for wet formula mascaras with big brushes - Sumptuous Extreme did the trick!

If you don't know how to use a big brush, don't get this. Best for people with long lashes. I always get asked if my lashes are fake. Had it for 3+ months and still wet - going to try out another mascara just for the fun of it, but will probably come running back to SE.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by goodcelt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

The Limited Edition Sumptuous Extreme Violet was on my Christmas list and I'm sorry to say that I got it. It's going back. You can hardly tell I'm wearing any mascara. I did the first coat and thought, well, ok...give it another coat. So, I did. Then, I thought, well, maybe you need 3 coats. I am very disappointed in this product. I don't like Maybelline's Great Lash -- never felt thick enough to me but at least with their blue, you can actually SEE the color. Very, very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. I think I've finally found my HG! Yay, something I can actually stick to ;) I've been on the hunt for a great mascara that comes from a company that doesn't test on animals. I used to love YSL but I found them on the PETA "bad" list, and so am trying to replace the things I use from them (although I think their lipsticks are hands down THE BEST and also love their touche eclat). Anyways, back to this mascara. LOVE IT! It gives me amazing defined thick black lashes, and the drama is build-able. With patience, you won't get clumps. Just an amazing thick black fringe of lashes. I will definitely repurchase and highly recommend. I've tried tons of different mascaras, from cheap drug store brands to luxury lines and this one is the best yet.