April 24, 2014 | 907 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Remington - T-Studio Pearl Curling Wand

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The first curling wand I have tried, and I love this thing. Before, to get my hair to hold a curl, the only thing that would work were steam curlers (which took me several hours to do due to the thickness and length of my hair). Now this gives me gorgeous spirals or waves in anywhere from 15 minutes, if I'm doing big sections, to 45 minutes, with smaller sections for more pronounced curls. The wand is really easy to use and the glove is helpful. The heat settings are great for making different styles. My curls after using this always look very shiny and last for so long (usually into the next day).

They recently came out with the bigger version of this, which of course I got based on my experience with the original. The big wand is great for big loose curls- more of an every day look. The style doesn't hold quite as long, but I am really happy with this wand too and I just use hairspray to keep the style. I can do a pretty, soft wavy style in 15 minutes or less with this.

Both wands are awesome and I would highly recommend them.

Update - I've also used the new version of this, the waving iron with the elliptical shape. This iron works as well as the others as far as heat, staying power, etc. but it is faster to use because the shape is not completely round and the hair doesn't slip off as much. However, the waves can sometimes look on the "crimped" side if you do the sections weird.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by ExpatBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

* My Hair - Long (past the shoulder), thick and naturally wavy.
* Experience - With all the positive reviews and high rating here on MUA, I purchased this curling wand (size 1/2"-1") with very high hopes. And thanks to MUA, I am very happy with this purchase because this curling wand really truly delivers! My hair is generally un-curlable and in order for my hair to hold any sort of curl for more than 5 minutes, I either have to use a lot of styling products (i.e., setting lotion, hair spray, etc.) and/or set my hair in hot rollers the old-fashioned way. Well, not anymore! With this fabulous curling wand set at about 320 F degrees, all I need to use is a heat-protection spray and that's it. I don't even need to use hair spray afterwards and my hair still holds the curls even the day after. I've used all sorts of appliances and devices to curl my hair through the years, everything from steam rollers to spiral rods to foam curlers to regular barrel curlers to flat irons to hot rollers to everything in-between. You name it, I've tried it! I can say that nothing --- and I mean NOTHING --- gives my hair such gorgeous sexy and most importantly, long-lasting curls than this. What I love about this curling wand is the fact that not only does it work on my hard-to-curl hair without frizzing it out or damaging it to death but that it's also very lightweight and pretty quick and easy to use with just a little practice. This curling wand is truly a gem!
* Helpful Tips - (1) Use a heat protection spray or product before curling hair (recommend got2b's guardian angel heat protection spray); (2) Follow the directions included and curl the hair with the root of the hair at the thickest end of the wand and the end of the hair at the smallest end of the wand; (3) Curl the hair with the handle up and with the wand pointing downwards; (4) Allow the hair to cool before handling with fingers and styling; (5) Use the gloves included because the wand gets very, very hot!
* Bottom Line- No doubt about it, this is the best curling wand and it puts ALL of my hair curling devices and tools to shame. Highly recommended!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by xoxoCK

Awesome product, amazing results! Once I got the hang of it, it cut my curling time in half!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by tcgGoddess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

AMAZING !! I have fine, straight, extra long hair that falls to my waist, and gave up on curling it because it would never hold curls more than 30 min........ UNTIL I FOUND THIS !! I can't stress enough how simple this curling wand is to use. On very long hair, this took me 30 min. to curl on my first attempt and have since wittled the time down to about 20 min.
Remington's Pearl curling wand gives great results that last. On me, the curls last about 8 hours and throughout the day, fall to beautiful beachy Kim Kardashian-like waves. On my pin-straight hair, I couldn't be happier. Because my hair is fine and gets weighed down by the length, before curling, I spray each 1 inch section with a fine setting hairspray to help hold the curl a little longer. My hair tends to get slightly oily, so I wash my hair once a day. That being said, I always curl on freshly washed and blow-dried hair and the results have been fantastic just the same. (I know a lot of women curl on "second-day" hair but this wand works for me on clean hair too.)
I believe that there are 2 sizes available? 1/2 - 1 inch and 1 - 1 1/2 inch .. I use the larger barrel size. Perfect, casual curls every time I use it.
Would reccomend this wand to anyone who is new to curling their hair or anyone who wants a great styling tool for the price. (approx. 35$ Canadian, at WalMart)

LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by emorris4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wonderful! If it weren't for makeupalley, I wouldn't have bought this product. I can't for the life of me curl my hair with a curling iron, and this curling wand worked very well. I bought the 1/2-1" barrel. I have long hair and was able to get the Victoria's Secret waves I've sought after. My hair is naturally wavy but if I let it air dry or dry with a diffuser, the waves are kind of unpredictable and potentially frizzy. The curling wand basically gives me my natural waves but makes them look shinier/just perfect.

Using it does take practice. I suggest watching a youtube video. Be sure to hold the barrel upside down (handle up, barrel pointing down) and use your gloved hand to wrap the hair around the barrel. Before using, I actually straightened my hair to make it easier. The curls/waves lasted pretty long, but I also put a lot of hairspray in my hair. I definitely recommend buying this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by silverbrook

This was hard for me to use at first, but once I set up a routine and got used to it, it's been much faster and the results have been much more pleasing than my experience with clamping curling irons. I have to use the heat styling glove because I'm not skilled enough to not burn myself like 1000 times if I weren't to wear it, so I'm glad it came with the package. It doesn't let you wrap your hand on the iron, but it prevents burns if your hand comes in contact.

Someone told me to hold the wand upside down while I wrap my hair around it, and this is what has worked best for me. The result is large (I got the larger size barrel), soft curls with not very much effort or pulling or tugging which is the case with clamping irons. My hair looks so good I can't stop looking at it! I have slightly wavy, dry hair and I just douse it with heat protectant and curl, and it looks so good. Thank god for this thing. And it was only $25 at Target. No brainer - buy it now! If I see the smaller barrel, I may buy that one as well if I want tight curls. I've never tried that look but would love to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Amazing! I got this for about $25 at Target. I have limp, fine hair that NEVER holds any kind of style whatsoever... and my curls last TWO days WITHOUT styling products with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by BlushingBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I paid about $40 for this witch is a reasonable price for a good quality heat tool and I really love it! I am horrible at curling my hair with a normal curling iron and I saw so many people talking about how great this is so I thought I would get it. This gives my hair beautiful everyday curls in about 25 minutes. I have wavy/straight hair for reference. This does not make my hair look dull and damaged like some other heat tools do, even when I use a heat tamer. It can be hard to curl the ends of my hair with this without burning my fingers because you have to like hold your hand on the wand while your hair is wrapped around it to get a good curl. I don't like using the heat glove that it comes with because it is to big and it is hard to section off my hair with it on. I usually use this on the highest heat (410 C) because I have hard to curl hair. This leaves my hair looking shinny and beautiful whenever I use it. This also heats up quite quickly. I would recommend this curling wand because it is so much easier to use than a normal curling iron and it gives you the nicest curls ever! I would repurchase. Thanks for reading and I hope this helps!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 8:29:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My hair hasn't been keeping curl very well lately. I think it may be due to the argan oil I've been using in my towel dried hair to act as a smoothing agent. Curling irons haven't been really working very well, and my attempt to curl with a flat iron ended in an epic finger burn that still hasn't completely healed 3 weeks later.
After seeing a lot of these types of irons in stores, I decided to take to youtube to view some tuts, and see some reviews. This one seemed to have the best review, and was within my budget. I picked this up at Target on Saturday for $19.99! I got the 1" - 1 1/2" size. I have mid-back length hair with long layers, and I don't want super curly-cue hair, just Victoria's Secret like waves. I got what I wanted! While this is a little awkward to use and takes a bit longer than curling or flat irons, the end product is pretty great. You get shiny, smooth curls with no sign of frizz. This held curl for me much better than curling or flat irons. I did use hairspray (something I rarely do) to keep the curl as well. Other reviewers have posted a good point - be sure to let the curls sit and cool before you finger-comb through them. All in all, I'm happy and have already recommended this to other people!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 4:41:00 AM More reviews by pamandabelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow! This curling wand is fantastic. I'm an experienced "wand" user myself because I have naturally curly hair and I've been using them for 3 years now. My natural curls are tight spirals, and sometimes I want to loosen them up for a special occasion or to mix things up. If you have naturally curly hair and you're wanting to get those "movie star" ringlets, this is it! The trick to this product is mastering the use of it with the heating glove. But once you learn it, it's a snap! Wands are amazing because you don't have any of those unsightly clamp marks left behind in your hair! The curls last and hold without much product for me. For those of you with naturally straight hair that doesn't hold curl well, I definitely recommend a good hair spray. I keep it set at the preset 356 degree temperature, which works beautifully. You shouldn't need it any hotter. The ceramic barrel doesn't dry out your hair or leave it feeling coarse. Curls are soft, shiny, and manageable. I've also used this product on my friends who have straight hair, and the results yield just as well. You can pick this up for $30 at Walmart or Target. You won't regret it!