December 21, 2014 | 1902 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Remington - T-Studio Pearl Curling Wand

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Mintyxfresh

i'm going to make this review short and sweet. i have curly hair and this has changed my life. I curl the front to frame my face and it gives a very taylor swift-like effect. i don't need any hairspray because it holds the curl very well. also heats up super fast.

this is without a doubt the BEST thing i've ever purchased for my hair. i haven't had a bad hair day since! DEFINITELY recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Lionessque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

holy smackkk... a curling wand that actually produces curls that HOLD! yeah, i've been on the hunt looking for a curling wand. i wuz soooo close to getting the sultra bombshell then i saw reviews on this product on MUA. so i gave it a try...

PROS:
-actually produces curls that HOLD
-its a steal for the price
-heats up super fast
-fast and easy to do curls w/o the annoying clamp
-comes with a FIVE finger glove, not THREE -.-
-swivel cord

CONS:
-wish the barrel was not a cone tip
-wish i found the 1" to 1 1/2" instead but couldn't find it anywhere

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by CG1981

This works very well and is easy to use. My hair is long, thick and prone to dryness. This holds a curl well and it very quick to use. No complaints!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i preferr wands to curling irons because they hold curls waves ect. way longer than a regular curling iron. my friend has the longest straightest lifelessesss hair youve ever seen(if thats a word -__-) lol anyways we curl her hair all over her head and spray lightly with hair spray. she has the most beautiful tight curls and they last for 3 to 4 days if she doesnt wash them. simply amazing love this wand

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The first curling wand I have tried, and I love this thing. Before, to get my hair to hold a curl, the only thing that would work were steam curlers (which took me several hours to do due to the thickness and length of my hair). Now this gives me gorgeous spirals or waves in anywhere from 15 minutes, if I'm doing big sections, to 45 minutes, with smaller sections for more pronounced curls. The wand is really easy to use and the glove is helpful. The heat settings are great for making different styles. My curls after using this always look very shiny and last for so long (usually into the next day).

They recently came out with the bigger version of this, which of course I got based on my experience with the original. The big wand is great for big loose curls- more of an every day look. The style doesn't hold quite as long, but I am really happy with this wand too and I just use hairspray to keep the style. I can do a pretty, soft wavy style in 15 minutes or less with this.

Both wands are awesome and I would highly recommend them.

Update - I've also used the new version of this, the waving iron with the elliptical shape. This iron works as well as the others as far as heat, staying power, etc. but it is faster to use because the shape is not completely round and the hair doesn't slip off as much. However, the waves can sometimes look on the "crimped" side if you do the sections weird.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by ExpatBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

* My Hair - Long (past the shoulder), thick and naturally wavy.
* Experience - With all the positive reviews and high rating here on MUA, I purchased this curling wand (size 1/2"-1") with very high hopes. And thanks to MUA, I am very happy with this purchase because this curling wand really truly delivers! My hair is generally un-curlable and in order for my hair to hold any sort of curl for more than 5 minutes, I either have to use a lot of styling products (i.e., setting lotion, hair spray, etc.) and/or set my hair in hot rollers the old-fashioned way. Well, not anymore! With this fabulous curling wand set at about 320 F degrees, all I need to use is a heat-protection spray and that's it. I don't even need to use hair spray afterwards and my hair still holds the curls even the day after. I've used all sorts of appliances and devices to curl my hair through the years, everything from steam rollers to spiral rods to foam curlers to regular barrel curlers to flat irons to hot rollers to everything in-between. You name it, I've tried it! I can say that nothing --- and I mean NOTHING --- gives my hair such gorgeous sexy and most importantly, long-lasting curls than this. What I love about this curling wand is the fact that not only does it work on my hard-to-curl hair without frizzing it out or damaging it to death but that it's also very lightweight and pretty quick and easy to use with just a little practice. This curling wand is truly a gem!
* Helpful Tips - (1) Use a heat protection spray or product before curling hair (recommend got2b's guardian angel heat protection spray); (2) Follow the directions included and curl the hair with the root of the hair at the thickest end of the wand and the end of the hair at the smallest end of the wand; (3) Curl the hair with the handle up and with the wand pointing downwards; (4) Allow the hair to cool before handling with fingers and styling; (5) Use the gloves included because the wand gets very, very hot!
* Bottom Line- No doubt about it, this is the best curling wand and it puts ALL of my hair curling devices and tools to shame. Highly recommended!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by xoxoCK

Awesome product, amazing results! Once I got the hang of it, it cut my curling time in half!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by tcgGoddess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

AMAZING !! I have fine, straight, extra long hair that falls to my waist, and gave up on curling it because it would never hold curls more than 30 min........ UNTIL I FOUND THIS !! I can't stress enough how simple this curling wand is to use. On very long hair, this took me 30 min. to curl on my first attempt and have since wittled the time down to about 20 min.
Remington's Pearl curling wand gives great results that last. On me, the curls last about 8 hours and throughout the day, fall to beautiful beachy Kim Kardashian-like waves. On my pin-straight hair, I couldn't be happier. Because my hair is fine and gets weighed down by the length, before curling, I spray each 1 inch section with a fine setting hairspray to help hold the curl a little longer. My hair tends to get slightly oily, so I wash my hair once a day. That being said, I always curl on freshly washed and blow-dried hair and the results have been fantastic just the same. (I know a lot of women curl on "second-day" hair but this wand works for me on clean hair too.)
I believe that there are 2 sizes available? 1/2 - 1 inch and 1 - 1 1/2 inch .. I use the larger barrel size. Perfect, casual curls every time I use it.
Would reccomend this wand to anyone who is new to curling their hair or anyone who wants a great styling tool for the price. (approx. 35$ Canadian, at WalMart)

LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by emorris4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wonderful! If it weren't for makeupalley, I wouldn't have bought this product. I can't for the life of me curl my hair with a curling iron, and this curling wand worked very well. I bought the 1/2-1" barrel. I have long hair and was able to get the Victoria's Secret waves I've sought after. My hair is naturally wavy but if I let it air dry or dry with a diffuser, the waves are kind of unpredictable and potentially frizzy. The curling wand basically gives me my natural waves but makes them look shinier/just perfect.

Using it does take practice. I suggest watching a youtube video. Be sure to hold the barrel upside down (handle up, barrel pointing down) and use your gloved hand to wrap the hair around the barrel. Before using, I actually straightened my hair to make it easier. The curls/waves lasted pretty long, but I also put a lot of hairspray in my hair. I definitely recommend buying this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by silverbrook

This was hard for me to use at first, but once I set up a routine and got used to it, it's been much faster and the results have been much more pleasing than my experience with clamping curling irons. I have to use the heat styling glove because I'm not skilled enough to not burn myself like 1000 times if I weren't to wear it, so I'm glad it came with the package. It doesn't let you wrap your hand on the iron, but it prevents burns if your hand comes in contact.

Someone told me to hold the wand upside down while I wrap my hair around it, and this is what has worked best for me. The result is large (I got the larger size barrel), soft curls with not very much effort or pulling or tugging which is the case with clamping irons. My hair looks so good I can't stop looking at it! I have slightly wavy, dry hair and I just douse it with heat protectant and curl, and it looks so good. Thank god for this thing. And it was only $25 at Target. No brainer - buy it now! If I see the smaller barrel, I may buy that one as well if I want tight curls. I've never tried that look but would love to.