Remington T-Studio Pearl Curling Wand

4.6

on 2/14/2012 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

got this after my sister had similar one, it gives my very straight hair great body and curl, looks like i had a spiral perm even next day. i have never had curl like this with any other curling iron. because my hair is so straight i cant just pick a few places to curl though, if i don't have alot of time to curl whole head then i put hot rollers on bottom portion of my hair and then just curl top layer with iron

on 2/14/2012 4:09:00 PM

I read so many great reviews on this product and expected to love it as well, but I didn't!

I have medium-long, fine hair. I used this iron even on the lowest setting for short amounts of time and my hair came out frizzy and gross, not to mention the hair kept sliding down the barrel. I had much better results with my normal clamp curling iron.

Would not recommend.

on 2/5/2012 9:42:00 PM

i'm going to make this review short and sweet. i have curly hair and this has changed my life. I curl the front to frame my face and it gives a very taylor swift-like effect. i don't need any hairspray because it holds the curl very well. also heats up super fast.

this is without a doubt the BEST thing i've ever purchased for my hair. i haven't had a bad hair day since! DEFINITELY recommend this.

on 1/22/2012 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

holy smackkk... a curling wand that actually produces curls that HOLD! yeah, i've been on the hunt looking for a curling wand. i wuz soooo close to getting the sultra bombshell then i saw reviews on this product on MUA. so i gave it a try...

PROS:
-actually produces curls that HOLD
-its a steal for the price
-heats up super fast
-fast and easy to do curls w/o the annoying clamp
-comes with a FIVE finger glove, not THREE -.-
-swivel cord

CONS:
-wish the barrel was not a cone tip
-wish i found the 1" to 1 1/2" instead but couldn't find it anywhere

on 1/21/2012 11:24:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This works very well and is easy to use. My hair is long, thick and prone to dryness. This holds a curl well and it very quick to use. No complaints!

on 1/21/2012 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i preferr wands to curling irons because they hold curls waves ect. way longer than a regular curling iron. my friend has the longest straightest lifelessesss hair youve ever seen(if thats a word -__-) lol anyways we curl her hair all over her head and spray lightly with hair spray. she has the most beautiful tight curls and they last for 3 to 4 days if she doesnt wash them. simply amazing love this wand

on 1/21/2012 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

The first curling wand I have tried, and I love this thing. Before, to get my hair to hold a curl, the only thing that would work were steam curlers (which took me several hours to do due to the thickness and length of my hair). Now this gives me gorgeous spirals or waves in anywhere from 15 minutes, if I'm doing big sections, to 45 minutes, with smaller sections for more pronounced curls. The wand is really easy to use and the glove is helpful. The heat settings are great for making different styles. My curls after using this always look very shiny and last for so long (usually into the next day).

They recently came out with the bigger version of this, which of course I got based on my experience with the original. The big wand is great for big loose curls- more of an every day look. The style doesn't hold quite as long, but I am really happy with this wand too and I just use hairspray to keep the style. I can do a pretty, soft wavy style in 15 minutes or less with this.

Both wands are awesome and I would highly recommend them.

Update - I've also used the new version of this, the waving iron with the elliptical shape. This iron works as well as the others as far as heat, staying power, etc. but it is faster to use because the shape is not completely round and the hair doesn't slip off as much. However, the waves can sometimes look on the "crimped" side if you do the sections weird.

on 1/11/2012 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

* My Hair - Long (past the shoulder), thick and naturally wavy.
* Experience - With all the positive reviews and high rating here on MUA, I purchased this curling wand (size 1/2"-1") with very high hopes. And thanks to MUA, I am very happy with this purchase because this curling wand really truly delivers! My hair is generally un-curlable and in order for my hair to hold any sort of curl for more than 5 minutes, I either have to use a lot of styling products (i.e., setting lotion, hair spray, etc.) and/or set my hair in hot rollers the old-fashioned way. Well, not anymore! With this fabulous curling wand set at about 320 F degrees, all I need to use is a heat-protection spray and that's it. I don't even need to use hair spray afterwards and my hair still holds the curls even the day after. I've used all sorts of appliances and devices to curl my hair through the years, everything from steam rollers to spiral rods to foam curlers to regular barrel curlers to flat irons to hot rollers to everything in-between. You name it, I've tried it! I can say that nothing --- and I mean NOTHING --- gives my hair such gorgeous sexy and most importantly, long-lasting curls than this. What I love about this curling wand is the fact that not only does it work on my hard-to-curl hair without frizzing it out or damaging it to death but that it's also very lightweight and pretty quick and easy to use with just a little practice. This curling wand is truly a gem!
* Helpful Tips - (1) Use a heat protection spray or product before curling hair (recommend got2b's guardian angel heat protection spray); (2) Follow the directions included and curl the hair with the root of the hair at the thickest end of the wand and the end of the hair at the smallest end of the wand; (3) Curl the hair with the handle up and with the wand pointing downwards; (4) Allow the hair to cool before handling with fingers and styling; (5) Use the gloves included because the wand gets very, very hot!
* Bottom Line- No doubt about it, this is the best curling wand and it puts ALL of my hair curling devices and tools to shame. Highly recommended!

on 1/6/2012 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Awesome product, amazing results! Once I got the hang of it, it cut my curling time in half!

on 1/6/2012 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

AMAZING !! I have fine, straight, extra long hair that falls to my waist, and gave up on curling it because it would never hold curls more than 30 min........ UNTIL I FOUND THIS !! I can't stress enough how simple this curling wand is to use. On very long hair, this took me 30 min. to curl on my first attempt and have since wittled the time down to about 20 min.
Remington's Pearl curling wand gives great results that last. On me, the curls last about 8 hours and throughout the day, fall to beautiful beachy Kim Kardashian-like waves. On my pin-straight hair, I couldn't be happier. Because my hair is fine and gets weighed down by the length, before curling, I spray each 1 inch section with a fine setting hairspray to help hold the curl a little longer. My hair tends to get slightly oily, so I wash my hair once a day. That being said, I always curl on freshly washed and blow-dried hair and the results have been fantastic just the same. (I know a lot of women curl on "second-day" hair but this wand works for me on clean hair too.)
I believe that there are 2 sizes available? 1/2 - 1 inch and 1 - 1 1/2 inch .. I use the larger barrel size. Perfect, casual curls every time I use it.
Would reccomend this wand to anyone who is new to curling their hair or anyone who wants a great styling tool for the price. (approx. 35$ Canadian, at WalMart)

LOVE!