Too Faced Romantic Eye

4.1

on 3/8/2011 2:08:00 AM

when i bought this palette it was on a iffy side if i should really get it. and when i first tired it out i was really dissapointed. but me being a person who LOVE LOVE LOVES 'Too Faced' products. i had to give it a try again, and i surprising love it. some of the colors are more pigmented and creamier than others tho. and i would have to say thats the bad thing about this palette. but other than that i love it. the colors are pretty and it was a great buy. i just wish it wasn't so much.

on 2/11/2011 9:45:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I really like this palette, I think its my fav of all the TF palettes. I like that they made it more sleek and dropped the crappy brush (would have been nice to see a slightly lower price to account for less packaging but anyway), my palette does not close properly, the cardboard piece where it grabs the magnet is too big. I adore all of the colours and their application over TFSI and find that there is not as much fallout as with some of their other colours. I've been able to create some gorgeous looks with this but won't be able to travel with it as I was told the shadows are super delicate in this one and they weren't kidding, Soulmates (top left) is warped, bubbled and crumbly but its a gorgeous shimmery nude. Very very poor packaging, not very good product quality but I love the colours so I would buy again. I have heard they have switched manufacturers which is the reason for the poor packaging and wonky shadows.

on 2/9/2011 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I'm surprised there aren't many more reviews on this! I absolutely adore this palette, and I have all of TF's newer palettes (Natural, Naked, Smoky and this) and love all of them. I'm into matte shades that are pigmented but don't look overdone, and this palette, along with the Natural and Naked palettes, delivers the cake! The colors are all very wearable. My favorite look with this is Kiss the Bride on my lid, Soulmates as a highlight, and I Do in the crease. This creates an absolutely perfect simple light pink eye, and I wear PF Happy Booster in Natural, along with some pink lip gloss and it's a perfect romantic, "every day is valentine's day" look. This palette creates very sweet, sexy eye looks in multiple forms, and it definitely deserves the name "Romantic" palette. Also, the colors stay all day (I use either TFSI or ELF eyelid primer underneath) and no creasing. Love this!!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this pallet! that is all i can say! I got this as Gratis and i am so happy i did... If you are not sure how to use this or think the colors wont work on you have a MA show you, You will love it as much as i do. Give it a try! I do like that they took out the worthless drawer. Much more sleek, Too faced has been stepping up their game lately and the new set at Ulta is super nice!

on 1/21/2011 9:15:00 PM

Have to say when I saw this online at sephora I had to get it. I have the other three palettes well when I received it I was in love all the colors are beautiful . The shadows are super blendable and creamy .Plus the packaging is so pretty I'm a sucker for package

on 1/18/2011 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I read the great reviews on Sephora...adored the packaging and knew I MUST have this eye kit. I used it 3 times and returned it. It's not bad but I only keep things that I LOVE and can use everything (meaning every color etc)...but I didn't love it. and the Fashion Eye colors (third row) weren't flattering on me at all...so back it went. I think I am in the minority of people who would not love this kit...I would recommend it but not for me. I prefer Benefit's Big Beautiful Eye kit.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

OH-MY-GOD. I thought maybe I was just a sucker for Too Faced because of the super-adorable and cute-sy, girly, pink, frilly packaging that everything always comes in... Because lord knows I am a sucker for presentation, and anything pink and girly. But WOW. I have been SO impressed with these palettes they've been coming out with, first Naked Eye (More Neutral/Cool than Natural), then The Pixie one, then the Smoky Eye one, now this?! I could DIE!!! The colors are gorgeous, and not only that, but they are quality. SOOO BLENDABLE. So fine and buttery-soft! I admit, I buy a TON of make-up and beauty junk, even if I never use it. I'm just a sucker, like I said! So a lot of times, even if I love it, it sits and sits, and never gets touched. I've owned this palette for 1.5 hours now and have tried 2 of the 3 carded "example" looks which come with the palette... The first look, "Day", is sooo lovely. The all-over color, "Soulmates", is the perfect brightening/highlighting color- shimmery but NOT over the top. Nicely pigmented for a wash! But definitely not tacky looking. Then the crease, "I Do" is a beautiful cocoa/fawn shade which blends SO nicely... I always have trouble blending crease colors, but this was practically effortless. Then, the kicker- I don't usually like eye shadows for liners, but the shadow "Un-Veil" is a deeper Cocoa, almost with burgundy undertones (very slight) and OH my goodness does that make the whole look come together BEAUTIFULLY! And thats just the first of three looks!! I am enamored of this little thing. All the other colors look gorgeous. Theres a light silvery/Taupe and ... OH, just go have a look at it! You'll buy it if you're even half as much of a sucker as I am. But believe me, you will not feel like a sucker for getting it. It's to die for. The packaging is the same (but not as 'fat' as the others since they removed the 'drawer')- a sturdy, cardboard box which opens up to reveal the colous and closes neatly and magnetically. SO, sooo Pretty! Flowers all over and gold etching. Super cute!

Popular Palettes