April 16, 2014 | 1774 users online

Palettes - Too Faced - Romantic Eye

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 10:04:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I read the great reviews on Sephora...adored the packaging and knew I MUST have this eye kit. I used it 3 times and returned it. It's not bad but I only keep things that I LOVE and can use everything (meaning every color etc)...but I didn't love it. and the Fashion Eye colors (third row) weren't flattering on me at all...so back it went. I think I am in the minority of people who would not love this kit...I would recommend it but not for me. I prefer Benefit's Big Beautiful Eye kit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by TacoFlavoredKisses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

OH-MY-GOD. I thought maybe I was just a sucker for Too Faced because of the super-adorable and cute-sy, girly, pink, frilly packaging that everything always comes in... Because lord knows I am a sucker for presentation, and anything pink and girly. But WOW. I have been SO impressed with these palettes they've been coming out with, first Naked Eye (More Neutral/Cool than Natural), then The Pixie one, then the Smoky Eye one, now this?! I could DIE!!! The colors are gorgeous, and not only that, but they are quality. SOOO BLENDABLE. So fine and buttery-soft! I admit, I buy a TON of make-up and beauty junk, even if I never use it. I'm just a sucker, like I said! So a lot of times, even if I love it, it sits and sits, and never gets touched. I've owned this palette for 1.5 hours now and have tried 2 of the 3 carded "example" looks which come with the palette... The first look, "Day", is sooo lovely. The all-over color, "Soulmates", is the perfect brightening/highlighting color- shimmery but NOT over the top. Nicely pigmented for a wash! But definitely not tacky looking. Then the crease, "I Do" is a beautiful cocoa/fawn shade which blends SO nicely... I always have trouble blending crease colors, but this was practically effortless. Then, the kicker- I don't usually like eye shadows for liners, but the shadow "Un-Veil" is a deeper Cocoa, almost with burgundy undertones (very slight) and OH my goodness does that make the whole look come together BEAUTIFULLY! And thats just the first of three looks!! I am enamored of this little thing. All the other colors look gorgeous. Theres a light silvery/Taupe and ... OH, just go have a look at it! You'll buy it if you're even half as much of a sucker as I am. But believe me, you will not feel like a sucker for getting it. It's to die for. The packaging is the same (but not as 'fat' as the others since they removed the 'drawer')- a sturdy, cardboard box which opens up to reveal the colous and closes neatly and magnetically. SO, sooo Pretty! Flowers all over and gold etching. Super cute!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No