Cover Girl Lip Perfection

4.1

Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor), Isopropyl Isostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Acetylated Lanolin, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Paraffin, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Cetyl Alcohol, Cetyl Lactate, Fragrance, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter (Shea), Silk Powder, Maltodextrin, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado), Propylparaben, Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Mica, May Contain ( /-): Orange 5, Iron Oxides, Lauroyl Lysine, Titanium Dioxide, Red 27, Blue 1 Lake, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake (CI 15985), Carmine

on 10/9/2011 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this on accident. I thought it was the Maybelline Color Sensational brand, and when I got it home and tried it on I knew I'd purchased the wrong product. The color I purchased is Temptation #285, which is a bright coral that leans towards orange. I really like the color. The formula feels nice and creamy at first, but it fades to a stain very quickly and dries out my lips so much that they are uncomfortable. I gave it two lippies because it's long lasting and inexpensive. I think Cover Girl was trying to copy the Maybelline Color Sensational lipsticks, and they missed the mark. I recommend Maybelline instead.

on 10/2/2011 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really love this lipstick! It has a nice semi-matte finish and lasts for a very long time. Even after it wears off, it leaves my lips stained. Because of the finish, sometimes my lips feel a little dried out, but I think I have extra dry lips or something (should probably drink more water!). The colors I have are:
Hot: a vivid true red that looks very dramatic with my coloring (pale redhead). For some reason, this shade stains my lips bright pink.
Divine: a violet shade that is much more flattering than it looks in the tube. Looks great on cool-toned people.
Temptress: bright true pink. It's kind of a Barbie pink
Fervor: a medium browny plum. This shade just does not look right on me, it is too dark and brown for my super-white skin.
Spellbound: bright fuschia. This is really pretty: not too purple or too pink. And fuschia lips are in now!
Darling: A medium mauve-y pink.

Of the shades my favorites are probably Hot, Spellbound, and Darling. This is a lipstick that is definitely worth trying.

EDIT: I had to take one lippie away because every shade stains my lips pink. It's annoying but not a deal-breaker.

on 9/25/2011 5:02:00 AM

Very good look. Great color selection. CG'S selection are pretty spot on, but you can easily go off. You'll probably buy more than one. I bought four but all in my colormatch

I really love this product. I am impressed with all the shades I have gotten and the wear and formula are spot on. Great way to try colors you wouldn't normally try (especially if they are on sale!).

They are not AS moisturizing as they claim...not drying by any means though. The one downside is the scent. I am not sensitive to scents and I can smell this one my lips. Just be sure to wipe off before eating or your food may taste perfume-y.

on 9/9/2011 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this lipstick. Creamy, moisturizing, and long-lasting (especially when used over a lip balm).

I enjoyed the stain after the lipstick wore a bit, but disliked it when I couldnít get it off at night, sometimes even with a makeup remover wipe. This can be a problem especially if I wore a bright pink lip one day and the next I want to do a nude lip.

Hereís a tip to help prevent too much staining:

Apply lip balm first. Then apply the lipstick to finger and dab on lips. After that you can apply the lipstick straight from the tube for full coverage. Not only does the lipstick take longer to fade, but the stain wonít be as obnoxious, as sometimes it can be.

Hereís a tip for stain removal:

After wiping the lipstick off apply some honey to your lips and let it sit (I like to do this right before I step into the shower and rinse it off when Iím done). Honey is good at removing some of the stain and is a great humectant for your lips, also over time from using it you may notice a slightly fuller pout. ;)

After the shower and before I brush my teeth, and while my lips are dry, I apply some honey to the back of my hand and add a small amount of my Laura Gellar lip scrub (or you could use a little bit of sugar). I exfoliate my lips for about 10-30 seconds. And there you have it.. Stain should be gone.

Hope this helps!

on 9/7/2011 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love these lipsticks. They're perfect for when you want some lasting coverage, but don't want to paint those very long lasting lip colors on that I hate since they are so drying...these aren't to me very creamy and soft. Very nice quality lippies for drugstore and better then a lot of lippies at Macys also.I bought it more for the formula, but the colors are great and so many to choose from. It's sooo creamy.. none of the tightness that other lipsticks give you. I got lush and sultry and plan on getting more

on 8/31/2011 8:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is probably the best lipstick I have ever tried but I would like to note that I am not a lipstick person simply because I loathe the maintenance and the feeling a typical lipstick gives. This for me yields a smooth, even application without a heavy creamy feeling to it with a single pass. It seems to dry and adhere to my lips and after it wears off, leaves a stain which I have no problem with. So far, I have it in four colors; Delish, Rapture, Fairytale and Sultry. I plan to purchase more when I see a BOGO sale.

And as a friendly tip, if you are having a hard time choosing colors to suite your skintone, CoverGirl offers a little quiz on their site to fill out to "color match" you to their products. That helped me in choosing the four colors I mentioned in my review.

on 8/24/2011 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Wow, this is the best lipstick product other than Black Radiance.. The colors are extremely vibrant and long-lasting. My only qualms is that they do not offer a good creamy red color, but that's ok, I'm more of a berry type of girl.

I have Divine, Eternal (my favorite rich berry color), and Spellbound. I like how the lipstick stains and stays on your lips.

The packaging is sturdy.

on 8/12/2011 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

So I have been hearing about this lipstick for quite a while now and just had the chance to try it a while ago.. I got the shade, Hot 305, which is a very bright gorgeous red. It's smooth to apply, not that creamy but has enough moisture to not dry your lips. It stayed put through eating and a lot of drinking and it hardly transfer too. I can say it's really long wearing. It does leave a stain on the lips but it didn't give me the horrible lip rings I always get when wearing dark lipsticks, as it faded evenly. price is okay as well as the packaging. Will definitely pick up some more shades.

on 8/10/2011 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Forget MAC, get these Lip Perfection lipsticks by Cover Girl!
These are so creamy and they last for-evah! They don't dry out my lips and they come in a boatload of pretty colors. What's there not to love...oh..they are also pretty near dirt cheap when you use coupons or get them BOGO or at Walmart.

Go get yourself one or two.

Popular Lipsticks