November 28, 2014 | 1073 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by xyz07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is probably the best lipstick I have ever tried but I would like to note that I am not a lipstick person simply because I loathe the maintenance and the feeling a typical lipstick gives. This for me yields a smooth, even application without a heavy creamy feeling to it with a single pass. It seems to dry and adhere to my lips and after it wears off, leaves a stain which I have no problem with. So far, I have it in four colors; Delish, Rapture, Fairytale and Sultry. I plan to purchase more when I see a BOGO sale.

And as a friendly tip, if you are having a hard time choosing colors to suite your skintone, CoverGirl offers a little quiz on their site to fill out to "color match" you to their products. That helped me in choosing the four colors I mentioned in my review.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by JonMoss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow, this is the best lipstick product other than Black Radiance.. The colors are extremely vibrant and long-lasting. My only qualms is that they do not offer a good creamy red color, but that's ok, I'm more of a berry type of girl.

I have Divine, Eternal (my favorite rich berry color), and Spellbound. I like how the lipstick stains and stays on your lips.

The packaging is sturdy.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by arethajai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I have been hearing about this lipstick for quite a while now and just had the chance to try it a while ago.. I got the shade, Hot 305, which is a very bright gorgeous red. It's smooth to apply, not that creamy but has enough moisture to not dry your lips. It stayed put through eating and a lot of drinking and it hardly transfer too. I can say it's really long wearing. It does leave a stain on the lips but it didn't give me the horrible lip rings I always get when wearing dark lipsticks, as it faded evenly. price is okay as well as the packaging. Will definitely pick up some more shades.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Forget MAC, get these Lip Perfection lipsticks by Cover Girl!
These are so creamy and they last for-evah! They don't dry out my lips and they come in a boatload of pretty colors. What's there not to love...oh..they are also pretty near dirt cheap when you use coupons or get them BOGO or at Walmart.

Go get yourself one or two.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2011 2:28:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I love this line of lipsticks! I have one in 'Sultry', which is a medium pink nude and has a very opaque finish. The colour on my lips is the exact same as Revlon's Colorburst lipstick in 'Rosy Nude' (which I also love). The formula is quite moisturizing and I don't need to wear a lip-balm underneath. It is creamy/smooth, gliding easily on my lips and this shade is one of the few "nudes" that I can wear without washing me out. I like the packaging too - very sleek, and is a step-up from previous lipsticks by CoverGirl. Definitely recommend and will try out other shades.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by sobored

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

What a fantastic lipstick! So many others I've tried have been much too sticky or dry or not true to the claimed color. I LOVE this one, I have it in Hot Passion (305). It's like putting on very nice lip balm (the formula is silky smooth), and it's very pigmented. I only need two coats to achieve the bright red color I wanted. This is VERY pink-based. The first coat I put on was an extremely vibrant fuschia, so I applied it again to get the color Drew Barrymore has -- exactly -- in her ads for the product. Side note #1: since it is very thick and so vibrantly colored, you cannot make mistakes with this! Side note #2: It stays put for a good 4-5 hours, but fades into a fine bright stain. Some people may not like that, so it could do well to reapply (I did). OVERALL: GREAT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 9:43:00 AM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this in 2 shades. Divine and Temptation, and i LOVE them both. This is a great quality lipstick. The color lasts all day too. I actually like these better than MAC lipsticks. I'll be trying more shades. Highly recommend. Pigmentation is great, long-lasting- what more could you want in a lipstick!Oh & they don't dry out my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 5:12:00 AM More reviews by trufflegallery

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I would like to say that while I love lipstick, it does generally not love me. Too long have I suffered from a lipstick rut. I woke up one day and decided that I will suffer no more and off I adventured to my nearest drugstore to peruse the cosmetic aisles hoping to find a glimmer of hope to solve my lipstick woes.

And I stumbled upon these and I was in love. Seriously, these are amazing. I bought one, went home and tried it, and I bought a bunch more the next day. It is effortless to apply them. They're nice and creamy without being too thick or slippery. They're very pigmented, one swipe and you have all the color you need but you could easily build up the color if you wanted to. It's long lasting and fades into a nice stain on the lips, which I like but I could see how others might not.

I love the selection of colors, I am so tempted to buy every one of them.

Overall, a great lipstick, if I ever run out of any of them ( I doubt I will) I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by urbankiwiii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I normally don't like lipstick, but this brand made me fall in love with lipstick! The lipstick is pretty pigmented. The color goes on richly and has staining power. It lasted all day, even after I ate and drank water. At the end of the day, my lips were stained from the lipstick (in a good way). I'd definitely buy this again!

I have this in Hot (bright red), Burn (dark berry red), Soulmate (berry red) and Fairytale. All look really bright, but go well with my skin tone. I am a warm, Light 4.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am NC15 for reference : )

I own Delight (watermelon pink-red), Temptation (golden orange), and Dazzle (pink-purple). Dazzle reminds me alot of Maybelline's Born With It but less opaque.

I have tried alot of the colors in this line, but for my skin tone, these are my 3 favorites. As a NC15 leaning neutral, orange is still hard for me to pull off, and most corals I can't do, but this one is HG for the orange lip this summer.

This formula is very moisturizing, and I find that if you blot, it creates a great stain for the rest of the evening :)

Most of the colors in the line did little for me, but they are very bold and bright and unique, so maybe others will find favorites among them.