December 19, 2014 | 1762 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Happy Booster

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by innats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought happy booster in light bronze.
I love it !!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Oh, Physicians Formula. They're pretty gimmicky, but I never thought they'd come out with a powder that would replace Prozac. I think they make some ridiculous claims, but the Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder and Blushes are really nice, if you can get past the heavy, potent floral aroma.

PF's description:
Ultra-smooth, perfecting powder in a complementary palette of color blends together to even out skin tone with a flawless radiance.
Vibrant pink heart gives cheeks a healthy pop of color.
Infused with our Happy Boost Blend, featuring Happy Skin and Euphoryl, natural plant extracts which have been shown to promote a feeling of happiness by mimicking the effect of Endorphins and helping protect the skin from environmental stress.
The sweet scent of Violet provides a feeling of joy each time you apply.
My take:
I actually really like this. Physicians Formula has recently made some really nice powders with just the right amount of near-invisible, superfine shimmer. You really don't see powders like this in the drugstore. More subtle than Coty Airspun Luminous (which I do really like) and they blow HC Moon Glow and a lot of other drugstore highlighters out of the water. I even prefer them to WnW All-Over Shimmer.
I have the Translucent shade, which has a lovely finish--I swirl my kabuki brush all over and the resulting effect is a soft, candelit pinky-ivory glow. Totally luminous. Really subtle. On par with PF Mineral Glow Pearls but a tad bit pinker than Translucent Pearl, thanks to the pink heart. It doesn't look cakey or powdery. It's not going to give you a flawless finish if your canvas has some blemishes, but it's nice as a finishing powder. The powder itself is silky and smooth. Also, I love that it's sheer enough not to look fake or to change my extremely pale skin tone (I'm lighter than NW10; about NW5 or so.)
I also have the Natural blush shade. It's a soft, neutral-to-warm pink. It's pigmented and buildable. Like the powder, it has a subtle pearly sheen that is nearly invisible, but still adds dimension. It's lovely.
Unfortunately, I really hate that the formulation has so many plant extracts; I feel like that cannot possibly be hypoallergenic. I hate flowery scents in my powders and this one straight up tells you it's going to have a heavy scent. It's potent, but at least we're warned. The other thing I object to is the seriously bulky packaging. But the powder itself is so gorgeous, that as long as I don't have a reaction to this powder, I'll keep using it.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Kristaxh

I LOVE my happy booster! I use the translucent shade and the 'natural' blush. The translucent face powder is fantastic for a cheekbone highlighter and the blush is just enough to give me some color! Love!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by rays

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this last week in Harmon drugs with a 3dollar off coupon from the company.It cost me 8 dollars.I bought the translucent.It looks very pretty with little hearts in different shades of bone beige and pink which is supposed to be a complimentary blend of colors to even out your skin tone. I swiped it on with my own mac brush not the little one which is included.I am very light skinned wih Green eyes. This made me look like a ghost . Very white and sickly color which isn't unfortunately the worst part. I usually buy physicians formula because I have sensitive skin this product smells just awful. It is NOT HYPOALLERGENIC like they claim. It smells like violets. Mood boosting claims what they really mean is allergy boosting. It's going right back. A worthless product.