Neutrogena Healthy Skin Compact Makeup SPF 55 Helioplex

2.5

on 5/7/2011 12:47:00 PM

I wanted to love this because of the SPF, but I am finding it lacking in a few ways. It stays wet forever, and is not easy to blend. It also looks much darker in the package than it does on your face, so I should have gotten a deeper shade. It feels heavy when you put it on, but does feel lighter later in the day. I have been using it when I know I'll be out in the sun a lot, with a setting powder over it, but I don't think I'll get it again.

on 5/1/2011 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I originally saw this at CVS and figured with how greatly it was packaged, it would be a good product (especially since it was a whole $14!). However, when I put it on, my skin looked the absolute same than before I put it on, except lighter and more streaky. Barely provided any coverage, even with insane amounts used. Makes skin feel smooth, but after a little while it feels a bit more greasy.. It looks a lot darker than it actually is. I bought it matching the exact color to my facial tones, but the actual color turned out being much, much lighter when applied. I will not buy this product again.

on 4/20/2011 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I bought the Neutrogena Healthy skin Compact Make up Heliopex SPF 55 and I only tried it once but Im giving it another chance. First of all it smells like sunscreen, Im not really a fan of the smell but it all depends on the person. I used very little of it and still made a good coverage. Although I read other reviews that it disappears during the day and you would reapply it. But my boyfriend told me that my skin looks natural compare to how I usually put makeup, which before I would use Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Liquid Foundation and with Matte Finish. And that takes for ever to apply and messing for me compare to Neutrogena which is a fast to apply which i like. Overall I would buy it again even though its a bit expensive but I have to bare with the smell and would reapply if it disappears and plus Neutrogena is good for your skin which is a plus.

on 4/18/2011 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I bought this because I am an SPF freak, although I never depend on my foundation for sole protection, and despite the SPF 55 factor, I wouldn't with this - you'd have to apply TONS of it. As other reviewers noted, it seemed to disappear. It did the same on me. My skin is freckly, sensitive, and dry, so I like creme foundations with a dewy finish and was pleased that this didn't leave a powdery finish, but it did seem to disappear. I'll carry it around in my bag in the summer for touchups and extra protection, but I would definitely still apply sunscreen underneath.

on 4/4/2011 10:18:00 PM

I really wanted to love this but I cannot wait to take it back to CVS. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer tinted moisturizer (in the pump bottle) is my HG drugstore tinted moisturizer, so I had high hopes for this makeup. The fact that it has Helioplex and UVA /UVB protection was a major attraction.

First, the packaging. The plastic tape they use to seal it could be used by NASA, in my opinion. And maybe I'm a bonehead but the compact doesn't open like most--you have to flick it open, if that makes sense.

Next, the makeup. I got the lightest shade (I'm NW20 for reference) and it was way too light. Very ghostlike. That is probably my fault for misjudging, but to me the product goes on a lot lighter than it looks in the pan. The reason I'm giving this a rating of WORST is that it just sat on top of my skin, except for where it filled in my pores so I looked like I had white cream plugging them. It emphasized any dryness or flakes I had on my face too. Pretty much just strobed any flaws I have in the surface of my skin. Terrible stuff, alas. The $15 price tag is outrageous--I got it on sale at CVS and had a coupon and it was still $7, which is $7 too much in my opinion. I would not be surprised if they discontinue this eventually.

on 3/18/2011 10:02:00 AM

I got this on a whim hoping to find a slightly more moisturizing product than my powder. This wasn't it. I have pretty normal skin with some oily tendencies. This actually gave me dry spots, which I've never seen before. It seems to me more like a sheer creme SPF with a little bit of tint rather than a good coverage foundation.

My skin feels very smooth and clean with it on as it absorbs really fast into my skin and it smooths a little bit of coloration on my cheeks. But within an hour it almost looks like its not there anymore. I've never had a foundation fade that fast off my face!

I really wanted to like this. But I think this is more made for a more oily skin since it did give me dry spots on my face. If you need a product with more SPF rather than a coverage this would prolly be ok short term. (going to the beach, outside activities etc) The compact was a good idea just the formulation was a fail to me. I liked the liquid healthy skin but it was just too messy for me. This doesn't give any kind of dewy effect that the liquid does, its more a natural matte. Hopefully they will improve on this product in the future.

on 2/28/2011 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

I wanted this to work badly, but unfortunately, this foundation left me looking like I put lard on my face after only 2 hours. =( I liked the fact that it has a high spf to it and the finish was a natural dewy look but too bad its no good for oily skin. I bought this at Rite Aid (while I was visiting the US) for $13.99 and bought it in the shade Natural Beige (60) (around NC30-35 at the moment) but it was slightly too dark. I think 50 was a bit too pink and 40 may have been a touch too light.

on 2/12/2011 12:41:00 PM

This has pretty much everything I want in a foundation-decent coverage, natural finish, doesn't break me out, and high, broad-spectrum, stable SPF. The only downside is that is can look slightly streaky when applied with the applicator, but when I apply with my fingers it's perfect. Will buy again.

I've been using the Healthy Skin liquid makeup since November, and it's been working splendidly for me. However, liquid foundation can be quite a hassle when it comes to touch ups throughout the day, so I was very pleased when Neutrogena released this compact formula. The packaging seems very hygenic (the sponge and makeup are kept in seperate compartments, with tiny holes for ventilation on the sponge's side, with a large mirror between them) and makes for effortless touch ups. This formula boasts a truly impressive SPF (55! Full spectrum!) but doesn't seem sunscreen-y at all; in fact, the coverage feels very light and airy, even though it masks blotches perfectly. So far (I've been using it for approximately 2 weeks) I haven't had a trace of a breakout, in spite of some seemingly comodegenic ingredients (Beeswax is one of the first listed. Odd!). As long as my tempermental skin behaves, I'll trust this makeup's formula! My one complaint lies with the included sponge: It isn't very pliable (It reminds me of those tough, dry sponges used for rubbing deodorant marks off of dark clothes), feels a bit rough on the skin, and doesn't blend very well. For touch ups it suffices, but if I was doing my whole face with this makeup, I would definitely use a quality application sponge.

on 2/11/2011 2:01:00 AM

I don't really like this foundation. When I first rubbed the sponge in it, it looked grainy and applied it on my skin and it felt rough like there was glitter in it?? The coverage was light no matter how many layers I put on it looked like I had no coverage at all.